Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What's your favorite Colts game of all time?

LoudandProud

Live, would be my 1st live Colts game. '76 Colt's at Miami, MNF, Mike barnes tips the Phins xtra point, Colts win 17- 16. (freezing cold for being in Miami).Walked with my brother from the Orange Bowl to N Miami Beach to get home because the bus's didn't run that late.

Tv Game, the '07 AFCCG. What a rush lol

Love it! Mike Barnes and the Sack Pack! That is when I started watching the Colts

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My favorite Colts game of all time was the 06 Divisional playoffs against the Baltimore Ravens. The history that surrounded that game was big. Also the only time I ever saw Peyton play in person. Also no team scored a TD so every possession was crucial. I remember walking up the stadium to my seat and with my sister and we are both wearing Peyton jersey's and it felt like everyone on that side of the stadium was booing me and my sister.

My favorite Colts game was the 06 Super Bowl and Peyton & Dungy finally winning a SB.

I unfortunately turned the Tampa Bay game off in disgust, I had a super early work day that next Tuesday so I went to bed just to wake up and see I missed one of the greatest comebacks EVER... so I cant count that game...

Of course the Super Bowl run had alot of great moments, the AFC Championship game was epic & I will always remember that game because I was there with my Dad, but one game that really stands out during that Super Bowl run was the playoff game against the Chiefs, all the pundits at the time said the Chiefs would run all over the Colts weak D, then to see the D step up and give the Chiefs run game nothing was awesome (I was there with my Dad for that one too!!!)...

I am not sure if I just have a short memory or what, but the Packer game this season is my new favorite game, maybe its because no one on the entire planet gave us a shot at winning, add to it the Pagano story line, and that game just seems epic to me...

Mathis holding up the Chuck Strong sign on the sidelines choked me up... Never been choked up during a football game before...

this

Over 20 years of pain washed away in a matter of 1 half of football. To be 100% honest, at the time I didn't care in the least if we won the SB or not. We made it..........was all I could feel.

My most painful memory (memories) is a tie between the 05 Pitt game and the 1995 AFCCG @ Pitt. I was young then, like 23, and when the announcer yelled "HE CAUGHT IT" I leaped from the couch in pure bliss and within a few seconds had crumbled to the floor in anguish.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5hxVk9XdUE

Phil Simms screaming he caught it! he caught the ball! I taped the game...yes for all the youngsters out there we used to videotape things on TV...and you can see the TV picture shake from me jumping up when Simms screamed he caught it. Brutal loss but great great game.

I'm not sure I could name just one, as all mentioned above are favorites.

However, aside from those, I really enjoyed the all Field Goal win in Baltimore in the SB run.

Was that Bethea who picked the ball at the goal line while getting hammered by a team mate, and held on?

yes and Clark made an amazing catch on 3rd down to seal the victory. That's my favorite thing about this thread...the little nuances we remember.

yep it was if memory serves (kind of sketchy, that was the year I first started watching football I had just turned 13), it was all Pacers before that.....Ahhhhh the Miller vs Starks and rest of the Knicks, Has not been a real rivalry since then, Pacers and Knicks despised each other back then with a passion

What a year to start your fanship. I had to get through 17 yrs and a new city. lol

Mine would either be the Monday night game in 1978 when Joe Washington caught a TD,threw a TD, and returned a kickoff for a touchdown. Or the AFC Title game of coming back against the Patriots and beating them.

Yeah, that MNF was against the Pats as well. Joe Washington kept having to replace his tear-away jersey. What a riot. The NFL banned the tear-away jersey during the off season

The '95 (season) 1st round against San Diego. 1st post season win in 25 yrs. Zacn Crockett Had a Carreer day

the '95 playoff run and the '06 playoff run were both spectacular. Those two teams came together with low expectations surrounding them and took it to their opponents. Fun fun stuff.

Another favorite was playing at Dallas in '96. Dion Sanders getting tackled from behind by Gardocki with what should have been a punt returned for a touchdown. Rookie Harrison blowing by Sanders during his post route for a Td. Knocked Aikman out of the game (which unfortunately would be the beginning of the end of his carreer) After half time they showed 3 or 4 colts coming to the sideline on crutches. What a battle

Another favorite was playing at Dallas in '96. Dion Sanders getting tackled from behind by Gardocki with what should have been a punt returned for a touchdown. Rookie Harrison blowing by Sanders during his post route for a Td. Knocked Aikman out of the game (which unfortunately would be the beginning of the end of his carreer) After half time they showed 3 or 4 colts coming to the sideline on crutches. What a battle

Harrison made Sanders look like a statue on that play.

Bro you are trying way TOO hard to fit in ....

First it was Halloween 99..

Second it was Hunter Smith that chased down the "legendary" NEON DEION...

and .... .. never mind..

sigh...

Phil Simms screaming he caught it! he caught the ball! I taped the game...yes for all the youngsters out there we used to videotape things on TV...and you can see the TV picture shake from me jumping up when Simms screamed he caught it. Brutal loss but great great game.

There a lot of Harbaugh in Luck.

Bro you are trying way TOO hard to fit in ....

First it was Halloween 99..

Second it was Hunter Smith that chased down the "legendary" NEON DEION...

and .... .. never mind..

sigh...

Hunter Smith came into the league a couple of years later, but perhaps memory doesn.t serve this time lol But here on Dee show some respect for Loudnproud's thread and keep it civil

Hunter Smith came into the league a couple of years later, but perhaps memory doesn.t serve this time lol But here on Dee show some respect for Loudnproud's thread and keep it civil

I agree, keep it civil. It was an awesome play. Sanders said before the game, "All I have to see is the whites of the punters eyes and I'm gone", or something to that nature. Still hates us today because of that. He's is the biggest tool.

down 21-3 after a pick 6 was total agony. That 9 minute field goal drive to close out the half really gassed the Pats and set up that amazing comeback.

If they hadn't scored on that drive I probably would have gone to bed. I had to be up at 2 am to go to work and was really fighting the temptation to shut it off. ( I would have recorded the rest just in case :) )

btw this game is my all time fave.

You guys are reminding me of a lot pain I went through with that 95' game with Pittsburgh AFC championship. My fav was 2007 AFC Championship with the Pats at home for the right to go to Super bowl best game I ever seen.

The '95 game was severely painful but a source of tremendous pride at the same time. A true display of fight to the finish.

we need a rematch of the '95 AFCCCG but this time without Kordell Stewart cheating and Ashley Ambrose getting toasted at the end.

I wish there could be a rematch and we could kiss there butt and it would relieve a lot of pain from me. I guess the 05' game was the rematch and we lost that to.