Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LoudandProud

What's your favorite Colts game of all time?

81 posts in this topic

Sunday's win over Detroit was one of the best regular season wins in a long time but I vote for the 1995 AFC Championship Game vs. the Steelers. Although it resulted in a loss it was the most exciting and hard fought game I've seen, If you haven't seen it I highly recommend obtaining a copy of it.

2 people like this

Live, would be my 1st live Colts game. '76 Colt's at Miami, MNF, Mike barnes tips the Phins xtra point, Colts win 17- 16. (freezing cold for being in Miami).Walked with my brother from the Orange Bowl to N Miami Beach to get home because the bus's didn't run that late.

Tv Game, the '07 AFCCG. What a rush lol

1 person likes this

Of course, the AFC Championship comeback over the Pats stands out, but for me, these games equal, or even surpass that moment.

Live, the 1995 AFC Championship game in Pittsburgh...Everyone in the stadium got quiet, (except me and a few other Colt fans), as we all thought the Colts had pulled off yet another miracle comeback...My heart sank as they showed the replay of the ball rolling up basically the entire body of Aaron Bailey, then slowly hitting the ground..Even Pittsburgh fans were saying that was the greatest game they had ever seen, and were very gracious to myself after the game..

On TV..The greatest comeback in history...The Tampa Bay game, where the Colts were so far down, and came back to win in OT...Brad Pyatt (few remember him) almost running one back...Peyton tearing apart the D with precision passes...and Vanderjagt almost blowing it at the end...That game had everything...

3 people like this

Of course, the AFC Championship comeback over the Pats stands out, but for me, these games equal, or even surpass that moment.

Live, the 1995 AFC Championship game in Pittsburgh...Everyone in the stadium got quiet, (except me and a few other Colt fans), as we all thought the Colts had pulled off yet another miracle comeback...My heart sank as they showed the replay of the ball rolling up basically the entire body of Aaron Bailey, then slowly hitting the ground..Even Pittsburgh fans were saying that was the greatest game they had ever seen, and were very gracious to myself after the game..

On TV..The greatest comeback in history...The Tampa Bay game, where the Colts were so far down, and came back to win in OT...Brad Pyatt (few remember him) almost running one back...Peyton tearing apart the D with precision passes...and Vanderjagt almost blowing it at the end...That game had everything...

The Pittsburgh game had it all. Coryatts dropped pick would have sealed it. Lamont jordan getting stuffed on 3rd and 1, Odonnel almost sacked on 4th and ten. So many things would have ended that game.

The Tampa game was great too. Vandershank getting an extra chance on the game winner thanks to a launching penalty was sweet. That was a heart attack game last 4 minutes.

To date would have to be the road win against the Chiefs in the 95 run with Harbaugh. Our run game was superb that day.

1 person likes this

To date would have to be the road win against the Chiefs in the 95 run with Harbaugh. Our run game was superb that day.

the D really stepped up. We had great coaching that season.

little kid me was ticked off that day! Montana forever!

1 person likes this

For me the answer is the 06 AFC Championship game.

But I too think about that 95 AFC Championship game a lot. That year was not totally unlike this season. In a broader way, with PM coming in 98, that to me was the rebirth after many dark years.

Another loss which sticks out for me is the 03 Redskins in DC (Maryland literally...) game simply because it was the one and only time I saw PM, Edge, and Harrison play in person.

4th and 2. That game drained me

that's the gmae where McGinnest faked an injury and then stuffed Edge right?

The '05 AFC Championship was brutal too. Harper snatches victory and then gets tackled by the QB in the open field thanks to his leg that was stabbed by his girlfriend the night before.

I have too many favs to pick one.

I still have a hard time thinking about the 95 AFC Champ game.

06 AFC Championship game

Brook is all over it....One of the 4 or 5 best football games Ive ever seen/..

Brook is all over it....One of the 4 or 5 best football games Ive ever seen/..

that was probably the most gratifying win for sure. The Super Bowl was anti-climatic.

1 person likes this

its got to be the 2006 AFC CHAMP game !!!!!! for me anyways .....i remember being on my couch with my head hung in another case of c.e.e.p.s (colts early exit playoff syndrome) i was so upset that the patriots did it to us again !!!! No game fo me has had the broad range of emotions and total suprise than that one for the ages and an instant classic !!!!!!!

:coltshelmet::lombardi::coltshelmet: :dancing:

1 person likes this

Live, would be my 1st live Colts game. '76 Colt's at Miami, MNF, Mike barnes tips the Phins xtra point, Colts win 17- 16. (freezing cold for being in Miami).Walked with my brother from the Orange Bowl to N Miami Beach to get home because the bus's didn't run that late.

Tv Game, the '07 AFCCG. What a rush lol

sounds like a good one! thanks for sharing a more vintage memory.

its got to be the 2006 AFC CHAMP game !!!!!! for me anyways .....i remember being on my couch with my head hung in another case of c.e.e.p.s (colts early exit playoff syndrome) i was so upset that the patriots did it to us again !!!! No game fo me has had the broad range of emotions and total suprise than that one for the ages and an instant classic !!!!!!!

:coltshelmet::lombardi::coltshelmet: :dancing:

down 21-3 after a pick 6 was total agony. That 9 minute field goal drive to close out the half really gassed the Pats and set up that amazing comeback.

i know right for some strange reason i felt a huge weight was lifted from my chest like i was playing the game myself ! lol , i was just so happy for peyton though ...the old saying of people saying the colts cant win the big one was getting old !!!

1995 AFC Championship game Pittsburgh vs Indy where Aaron Bailey dropped the hail mary by Jim Harbaugh, all Bailey had to do is wrap his arms around the ball by it squirted out of his lap and hit the turf followed by our Super Bowl win of course

1995 AFC Championship game Pittsburgh vs Indy where Aaron Bailey dropped the hail mary by Jim Harbaugh, all Bailey had to do is wrap his arms around the ball by it squirted out of his lap and hit the turf followed by our Super Bowl win of course

What made it worse was who we beat the 1st game the following year...........

06 AFC championship game

beating chicago in the sb

beating dallas in the sb

mike curtis tackling the fan that ran on the field

1 person likes this

sounds like a good one! thanks for sharing a more vintage memory.

Thanks, bth I mentioned the AFCCG (New England) As '07 but it was the 2006 season

06 AFC championship game

Tampa Bay Comeback Victory , 21 points down in 5 minutes

1958 Championship, Oh Yeah

The '95 (season) 1st round against San Diego. 1st post season win in 25 yrs. Zacn Crockett Had a Carreer day

It's been hard for me to watch that game again lol. Wasn't it Stewart who stepped out of the endzone came back in to catch the Td Pass? Harbaugh throwing the hail mary with a dislocated finger....

It's been hard for me to watch that game again lol. Wasn't it Stewart who stepped out of the endzone came back in to catch the Td Pass? Harbaugh throwing the hail mary with a dislocated finger....

yep it was if memory serves (kind of sketchy, that was the year I first started watching football I had just turned 13), it was all Pacers before that.....Ahhhhh the Miller vs Starks and rest of the Knicks, Has not been a real rivalry since then, Pacers and Knicks despised each other back then with a passion

1982- Cincy Bengals at Baltimore, 13 yrs old and first live game I ever attended. Colts lost by a late field goal 17-14

06 AFC Championship on TV..all the heartbreaks leading up to that game and then finally getting it done, confetti flying and the grin on Peyton Mannings face..never forget it!

06 AFC Championship game

this

Over 20 years of pain washed away in a matter of 1 half of football. To be 100% honest, at the time I didn't care in the least if we won the SB or not. We made it..........was all I could feel.

My most painful memory (memories) is a tie between the 05 Pitt game and the 1995 AFCCG @ Pitt. I was young then, like 23, and when the announcer yelled "HE CAUGHT IT" I leaped from the couch in pure bliss and within a few seconds had crumbled to the floor in anguish.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5hxVk9XdUE

2 people like this

06 AFC championship game

Tampa Bay Comeback Victory , 21 points down in 5 minutes

1958 Championship, Oh Yeah

Good Call! I forgot about that Monday Night comeback against the Bucks.

The other game I would add is the game in 2009 against the Pats when Belichick goes for it on 4th and 1, we stop them and then Peyton to Reggie for the game winner!

A couple off the wall games for me. The 2003 Home Opener against the Titans. Tennessee had been the Colts nemesis but they rolled the Titans that game. First time I noticed the crowd really having an impact and set the stage for a great run of Colts football.

Same 2003 season in the playoffs against the Broncos. Just a couple weeks after getting drilled by Denver the Colts come back to roll them. Manning was brilliant and the long pass to Stokely basically ended the game in the first half.

Good Call! I forgot about that Monday Night comeback against the Bucks.

The other game I would add is the game in 2009 against the Pats when Belichick goes for it on 4th and 1, we stop them and then Peyton to Reggie for the game winner!

Believe was 4th & 2 when we hit receiver & drove him backwards , that would of been # 4 , Had to stop somewhere so gave top 3

'71 Super Bowl, really badly played game but rookie kicker wins the game. The kicker was terrible that year and the COLTS thought that he would miss it for sure. Almost made up for the '69 loss to the jets.

Favorite was the Super Bowl win over Chicago!!!

Also have to consider the 06 Championship, the Monday Night comeback over Tampa Bay.

Favorite live game was 9-19-2010 Sunday Night win over the NY Giants. It was the Manning Bowl at LOS, and I was there with my new bride, who is a Giants fan!! We were married the day before, and this was our brief honeymoon trip.

1 person likes this

I'm not sure I could name just one, as all mentioned above are favorites.

However, aside from those, I really enjoyed the all Field Goal win in Baltimore in the SB run.

Was that Bethea who picked the ball at the goal line while getting hammered by a team mate, and held on?

'71 Super Bowl, really badly played game but rookie kicker wins the game. The kicker was terrible that year and the COLTS thought that he would miss it for sure. Almost made up for the '69 loss to the jets.

the kicker actually warned the team ahead of times he wasnt doing well in practice and field was mudd, Obrien I think was his name & stated to coaches before the game please dont let it come down to to counting on me

I have the ticket stub slabbed & gradded

I'm loving this video from the '95 game....Jim Harbaugh is still one of my favorite quarterbacks for the Colts......definitely #2 on the list....

Ugh this video has definitely taken me back to how I felt ....i feel like it just happened.... :barf:

06 AFC Championship game, hands down. Marlin's pick will forever go down as the most emotional moment I've ever felt while watching a football game. I'll never feel that kind of emotion again.