Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Video of TY Hilton getting drafted

Coltswarriors

We'll see how it all comes out but I think here's how it all played out. Green bay jumped ahead of us and grabbed Casy Hayward , a CB from Vandy , who btw is playing lights out. Grigson wanted to jump off a roof as he had to stick with his board and take another TE . The following round , Grigson was not going to lose his guy (his board must have been getting thin again) and he traded up around 8 (?) spots to draft Hilton. He later said he was informed that he indeed would have lost Hilton also if he had stayed put. We did lose this year's 5th making that move.

We'll see how it all comes out but I think here's how it all played out. Green bay jumped ahead of us and grabbed Casy Hayward , a CB from Vandy , who btw is playing lights out. Grigson wanted to jump off a roof as he had to stick with his board and take another TE . The following round , Grigson was not going to lose his guy (his board must have been getting thin again) and he traded up around 8 (?) spots to draft Hilton. He later said he was informed that he indeed would have lost Hilton also if he had stayed put. We did lose this year's 5th making that move.

It's worked out. Hilton has been playing above what we've hoped for.

It's worked out. Hilton has been playing above what we've hoped for.

Your right that Hilton is well worth the late 3 and to take it a step further , Allen appears to be worth the 3.1 pick. Just wondering if GB hadn't moved ahead of us . We would have a stud rookie CB , maybe no Davis , maybe no Hilton , probably a different player with pick 4.2 (assuming Grigson doesn't trade up) and still have picks 2 and 5 in the 2013 draft. So lots of moving pieces to this puzzle. As we stand now , I agree with you that we are fine with what transpired.

A lot of variables to go into play.

But it is the smart GMs that find stud guys in the later rounds.

Even at the cost of losing our 2nd & 5th, we will have a lot of money to spend next year to fill all of those voids. Less money for draft picks, more money for FAs.

Even at the cost of losing our 2nd & 5th, we will have a lot of money to spend next year to fill all of those voids. Less money for draft picks, more money for FAs.

WORTH IT. :thmup:

We won't save a heck of a lot of cap space by losing our 2nd , 5th , 7th (?) and maybe 6th. Jerel Worthy , taken in the middle of the 2nd last year , costs aboit 1 million per year. So maybe we save around 1 million by not having those three picks. That would be 1mill + 500k + 350K = 185 - 900 K for the 3 players paid at vet min. The figures are not exact but I think somewhat close. Before the last CBA , it would be been more. But you are right in saying we wil have a lot of cap room for free agents as we took all the cap hits in 2012 and have very few big contracts scheduled for 2013. Problem is you over pay so badly for the better free agents . That's why GM's are now very reluctant to trade draft picks. Bottom line I guess would be that we will no doubt sign maybe 2 of the bigger name free agents... 1 for sure.

I can't help to smile watching that video. You look around, and you can see the pride they took in T.Y.'s athletics all over the house. You can see their pride in others - I noticed a framed photo of a girl in graduation garb - also an accomplishment worthy of framing. So based on an unscientlific review of a 2 minute video, I'd saylike that's a good group of people he has around him. The other thing that strikes me is T.Y.'s slight build. He looks tiny!

I can't help to smile watching that video. You look around, and you can see the pride they took in T.Y.'s athletics all over the house. You can see their pride in others - I noticed a framed photo of a girl in graduation garb - also an accomplishment worthy of framing. So based on an unscientlific review of a 2 minute video, I'd saylike that's a good group of people he has around him. The other thing that strikes me is T.Y.'s slight build. He looks tiny!

Prototypical Florida Skill player, look at Santana Moss, Hester, Brazill even lol, down here we call 'em rabbit chasers...when I have kids they're getting a basket of rabbits on their 6th birthday lol

Garcon was on the fence to even make the Colts is first season (we had a little bit of provent talent in the day of course), but the guy from small school Mt. Union came along very well. It's a business I know, but people like Pierre are the reason Reggie Wayne is so cherished by Colts fans. Reggie could have gone elsewhere for more pay, but he opted to stay and he has once again flourished in the most unexpected of seasons in Indy. Garcon? Don't come knocing on the door of the team that patiently worked you into an NFL receiver. Loyalty plays both ways. I don't miss your inconsistency anyway.