Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Roster Moves

krunk

http://blogs.colts.com/2012/12/04/indianapolis-colts-make-roster-moves-13/?utm_source=colts.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=latestblogs

The Indianapolis Colts today signed linebacker Jamaal Westerman to the active roster, activated offensive guard Seth Olsen from Injured Reserve and placed linebacker Justin Hickman on Injured Reserve. The team also signed running back Alvester Alexander and tight end Dominique Jones to the practice squad and released cornerback Isaiah Green and tight end Martell Webb from the practice squad.

I just can't believe we activated the Lookout Block King! I do not like this dude

pulled a groin early against Detroit. Indy lost Justice and Satale again.. I think.

I mean really this late in the season who do you all want Indy to bring in? Tony Boselli?

Stay with guys that know what you are doing.

we lost Justice and Reitz to concussions. im fine with bringing Olsen back he is the only one this late in the season that has a grasp of the offense at this point so im fine with Olsen

we lost Justice and Reitz to concussions. im fine with bringing Olsen back he is the only one this late in the season that has a grasp of the offense at this point so im fine with Olsen

We are a MASH unit anyway. (Just say NO to Frank Burns) :spit: Shipley gave it all he had at guard....but we need him to back up Satele. (He should start IMO) Olsen is not solid, but we have to go with what we have....Anderson must not be ready for action.....remember, we had Hayworth Hicks on the PS all year before he was picked up....he must not have been good enough either.....SUPPORT THE TROOPS we have.....there are no all stars to be had.....to win this past week with the mish mash of O-lineman......is truly amazing to me. :colts: :colts: :colts:

Seth Olsen was this boards favorite whipping boy earlier in the year.

Granted he missed a few blocks, but so has everyone of our O-linemen.

I actually liked what I saw from Olsen, most of the time.

The Colts know what they are doing. Seth Olsen will be fine. I wont be surprised at all if he sees action against Tennessee.

Back to Tackles playing Guards again, Olsen is a Zone Blocking RT period, I'd rather have a gimpy Anderson or an inexperienced Hayworth Hicks, I never was thrilled by any stretch with Reitz playing Guard but at least he could pass block reasonably well. I hope he is not out to long, also if Justice is out this sunday (still early), looking at the depth chart there is no one behind him, I hope to crap they try Olsen or Mcglynn there and leave Linkenbach the heck alone at Guard also why are we wasting a Practice Squad spot on Alexander? He may be good but still we will never need to find out cause we have 3 other capable running backs behind an incapable O Line

Back to Tackles playing Guards again, Olsen is a Zone Blocking RT period, I'd rather have a gimpy Anderson or an inexperienced Hayworth Hicks, I never was thrilled by any stretch with Reitz playing Guard but at least he could pass block reasonably well. I hope he is not out to long, also if Justice is out this sunday (still early), looking at the depth chart there is no one behind him, I hope to crap they try Olsen or Mcglynn there and leave Linkenbach the heck alone at Guard also why are we wasting a Practice Squad spot on Alexander? He may be good but still we will never need to find out cause we have 3 other capable running backs behind an incapable O Line

Seth has never played tackle to my knowledge except for maybe an emergency "Next Man Up' situation.

His position at Iowa was right guard, and when he was there in the preseason he looked much more comfortable than on that left side. This is one reason I do not hammer Link like I do those with a 'true' position. Whether we consider Link good, bad, terrific, or horrific (opinions rule the forums) he plays ANY position asked (Just like Shipley 'believe it or not' :))

I am with Gav on Alexander....why not another OL......if there is someone decent out there. At this point in the season.....a whole lot of OLs are banged up. (Ours is battered for sure) I am sure Justin Anderson needs the practice reps. To this point nobody has jumped to pluck him off of our PS....must not be healthy...or NSG (Not so good) :):colts: :colts: :colts:

Seth has never played tackle to my knowledge except for maybe an emergency "Next Man Up' situation.

His position at Iowa was right guard, and when he was there in the preseason he looked much more comfortable than on that left side. This is one reason I do not hammer Link like I do those with a 'true' position. Whether we consider Link good, bad, terrific, or horrific (opinions rule the forums) he plays ANY position asked (Just like Shipley 'believe it or not' :))

I am with Gav on Alexander....why not another OL......if there is someone decent out there. At this point in the season.....a whole lot of OLs are banged up. (Ours is battered for sure) I am sure Justin Anderson needs the practice reps. To this point nobody has jumped to pluck him off of our PS....must not be healthy...or NSG (Not so good) :):colts: :colts: :colts:

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/seth-olsen?id=81859 scouting report said he played RT his Junior year in college, To me he seems a better fit in a Zone Blocking scheme(Just is not big enough to be a Guard in a Man Blocking scheme in my opinion), Also about Link, I think he has been pretty decent this year as a Guard

http://www.nfl.com/c...-olsen?id=81859 scouting report said he played RT his Junior year in college, To me he seems a better fit in a Zone Blocking scheme(Just is not big enough to be a Guard in a Man Blocking scheme in my opinion), Also about Link, I think he has been pretty decent this year as a Guard

Mostly right guard and filled in at left tackle and right tackle......combine says RG and the telling tale is the quote: " Lacks the deep kick-step and elite lateral quickness to handle the left tackle position, though he has experience there. May struggle on the outside at right tackle.:

To me this is obvious.....right guard is his most natural position. If we were to try him at tackle.....he would need to stay right IMO. My response on Olsen was to your quote "Olsen is a zone blocking RT period." That he is not.

Link has been the best at LG when Shipley has played center. I am not so sure he and Satele have great communication at the line.

Mostly right guard and filled in at left tackle and right tackle......combine says RG and the telling tale is the quote: " Lacks the deep kick-step and elite lateral quickness to handle the left tackle position, though he has experience there. May struggle on the outside at right tackle.:

To me this is obvious.....right guard is his most natural position. If we were to try him at tackle.....he would need to stay right IMO. My response on Olsen was to your quote "Olsen is a zone blocking RT period." That he is not.

Link has been the best at LG when Shipley has played center. I am not so sure he and Satele have great communication at the line.

I dont think Satele is comfortable thats pretty obvious by how many times he looks to be forced to look back at Luck several time during many game before he snaps the ball to Luck, he either is not sure of the play or cant hear him or something in my opinion (of course I have no idea) but I do know he leans way to far forward of the snap of the ball which lead to a DT right in front of him to throwing Satele forward and off balance allowing for penetration, I think we have some Zone Blocking O Linemen and not many that are suited for Man Blocking, just from what my take on what I have seen (Reitz, Satele, Mcglynn, Castonzo would all fit into that scheme better in my opinion and even Olsen) The Man Blocking just has not worked consistently well and ya have to fit your scheme around your players strengths which I dont think is happening

I dont think Satele is comfortable thats pretty obvious by how many times he looks to be forced to look back at Luck several time during many game before he snaps the ball to Luck, he either is not sure of the play or cant hear him or something in my opinion (of course I have no idea) but I do know he leans way to far forward of the snap of the ball which lead to a DT right in front of him to throwing Satele forward and off balance allowing for penetration, I think we have some Zone Blocking O Linemen and not many that are suited for Man Blocking, just from what my take on what I have seen (Reitz, Satele, Mcglynn, Castonzo would all fit into that scheme better in my opinion and even Olsen) The Man Blocking just has not worked consistently well and ya have to fit your scheme around your players strengths which I dont think is happening

Points well taken.......To be 8-4 when we truly have not had the OL healthy all year is such an accomplishment.....and a testimony to the heart of this entire organization! We all knew the line was going to be bad, but boy have they played hard.

To win that last game with the OL on the field was nothing more than incredible for a lack of word/s. Looking forward to OL changes in the off season....for now we just have to roll with what we have. :coltslogo: :coltslogo:

Why not bring back Trei Essex!?

He did well when he played, he knows the playbook, and he can play any spot on the line.

Wondering what went down with him.....he looked slow and out of shape, but he was not here very long for sure.....and Olsen probably is not in playing shape again.....I think Shipley should play LG.....if Satele gets hurt...or Shipley at guard, McGlynn can fill in at center. Use Olsen only as an emergency. Am I off-base? :scratch::dunno::thinking::loco: :slaphead:

They hung their hat with Olsen all summer so we are stuck with him now. Go Seth.

He does not have the size & speed to make many of the blocks in the running game, and of course our opponents D Co-Ordinator knows this. Ouch!

Again, NFL Rosters are NOT big enough for all the injuries there are. Equal for all I Guess.

Satelle not comfortable? Where do the comedians come from? The guy had over 60 starts before he got here. Good grief!

They hung their hat with Olsen all summer so we are stuck with him now. Go Seth.

He does not have the size & speed to make many of the blocks in the running game, and of course our opponents D Co-Ordinator knows this. Ouch!

Again, NFL Rosters are NOT big enough for all the injuries there are. Equal for all I Guess.

Satelle not comfortable? Where do the comedians come from? The guy had over 60 starts before he got here. Good grief!

"Satele not comfortable? Where do the comedians come from? The guy had over 60 starts before he got here. Good grief!"

Apparently your not aware that he is in a new offense with new terms to learn with 4 other guys around him that he has to have some sort of chemistry with while fighting through nagging injuries this year along with 3 of those other O Linemen around him fighting through nagging injuries as well? GOOD GRIEF!

George Foster had 57 starts and did not make the team.

Satele has not had a strong year.....he seems to have trouble with line calls...I do not feel he is healthy. He is just not moving well.

I am with you that we are stuck with Seth and we need to stand behind him though....and I will stand behind Satele, Link and the rest of our walking wounded too. Her's to hoping for Justice and Reitz to get healthy.....2nd concussion for Justice. :colts: :colts:

Just because he had 60 starts doesn't mean he's good!

The part that I have the most trouble with, is Satele always calls out a guy that will potentially blitz, and then directly after indentifying that guy, whiffs on the block.

Seth Olsen was this boards favorite whipping boy earlier in the year.

Granted he missed a few blocks, but so has everyone of our O-linemen.

I actually liked what I saw from Olsen, most of the time.

The Colts know what they are doing. Seth Olsen will be fine. I wont be surprised at all if he sees action against Tennessee.

To the point even link, Jennings, and Meeks were starting to feel bad for him.

Olsen is clearly not the best lineman in the world but we could be down two lineman on Sunday we need some bodies for depth. We were an injury away from Dwayne Allen playing left tackle on Sunday. That should scare people a lot more than Olsen playing guard. Olsen has played in the system at this point in the season he's probably as good as anyone they could pluck off the free agent market.

To the point even link, Jennings, and Meeks were starting to feel bad for him.

Olsen is clearly not the best lineman in the world but we could be down two lineman on Sunday we need some bodies for depth. We were an injury away from Dwayne Allen playing left tackle on Sunday. That should scare people a lot more than Olsen playing guard. Olsen has played in the system at this point in the season he's probably as good as anyone they could pluck off the free agent market.

Looked at the FA market today and thought the exact same thing.....good point.....

We need more offensive linemen. The Ravens have two huge OL guys on their practice squad. We should steal one if they are any good. Also Hicks was stolen by the Jets, but I don't see his name on their roster anymore, not even on their PS. I wonder if he is an option to bring back.

We need more offensive linemen. The Ravens have two huge OL guys on their practice squad. We should steal one if they are any good. Also Hicks was stolen by the Jets, but I don't see his name on their roster anymore, not even on their PS. I wonder if he is an option to bring back.

Yes, this. I wonder what the deal is with this guy

Hicks was claimed by Chiefs off of waivers. Big means nothing....are they any better than what we have? Not slamming here.....asking.....not sure who you are referring to that is good.....:)