Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Doctor: If Colts make playoffs, Pagano will be there (merge)

HtownColt

"If the Colts make the playoffs, the coach will be there. That I'm certain of," Dr. Larry Cripe said.

Cripe, the IU Health Simon Cancer Center physician heading up Pagano's treatment, said that Coach Pagano's chemotherapy is now finished, but his fight against leukemia is not yet over. The coach has to recover from his third and final round of chemotherapy, which will take about a month.

http://www.wishtv.co...o-will-be-there

Chuck please. Stay Away.

Not because I/we don't want you, but get better without all the added stress football brings lol.

if that's what he wants to do, and his doctor is for it, then i want him on the sidelines. he loves to coach, let him coach.

IMO... keep the status quo...

If Chuck comes back and can give 100% ok... but don't mess with the O "right now"

I think Arians is on the brink of turning Luck loose with the keys to the car. "no huddle" start to finish.

I have that feeling too. I think the next 4 weeks is when Luck is going to be lights out

IMO... keep the status quo...

If Chuck comes back and can give 100% ok... but don't mess with the O "right now"

I think Arians is on the brink of turning Luck loose with the keys to the car. "no huddle" start to finish.

OK.... I'll bite...

What makes you think Arians is on the verge of doing this??

Again people seem to think they know more about this than the doctor that is treating him. If the doctor says he can coach then he can coach and we don't need to second guess it because known of us are in a better situation to know what he can and can't do than the doctor.

I don't think anyone claimed to know what's best. I just would hate for the stress football brings to set back his recovery in anyway.

If Doc says he's good to go and he wants to? All the power to him. I just want Chuck 100% and not rush back if he isn't completely good.

But this is just a fans perspective. And knowing how any set back can be life threatening when it comes to cancer, I just want him to take care of himself and let football come second.

It's not like I'm going to be mad/outraged at him if he did coach this year lol.

I don't think anyone claimed to know what's best. I just would hate for the stress football brings to set back his recovery in anyway.

If Doc says he's good to go and he wants to? All the power to him. I just want Chuck 100% and not rush back if he isn't completely good.

But this is just a fans perspective. And knowing how any set back can be life threatening when it comes to cancer, I just want him to take care of himself and let football come second.

It's not like I'm going to be mad/outraged at him if he did coach this year lol.

If the Doctor says he can do it I would say he's not rushing back. That's the key here the doctor is saying he's good to go. Trust the doctor.

According to NFL.com. He finished last round of chemotherapy and may return to the sideline at 30th December.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000106082/article/chuck-pagano-finishes-chemotherapy-return-possible

According to Dr. Larry Cripe:

"I'm fully supportive and I have my fingers crossed that he'll be there on the sideline if that's where he wants to be,"

God bless Coach! Come back and kick some Texans ... !

I don't think he comes back for the last game. Not out of sickness or anything but I think the coaches will want him back the first playoff game. We don't "need" him back against Houston the last game of the season but imagine the boost if we got him back wildcard weekend. It's more motivation for the players.

Chuck Pagano finishes chemotherapy; return possible

could resume coaching the team for its regular season finale on Dec. 30, according to the Indianapolis Star.

Dr. Cripe added that the decsion on when to return would be made by Pagano and the Colts.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000106082/article/chuck-pagano-finishes-chemotherapy-return-possible

If the Doctor says he can do it I would say he's not rushing back. That's the key here the doctor is saying he's good to go. Trust the doctor.

Doctors make mistakes lol. There is a good reason why malpractice insurance is so high.

All I'm saying is there is no one who knows how the stresses of football could affect Chuck's immune system/overall health. There is no test a Doctor can conduct to find that out. Many coaches have quit coaching because it takes such a big toll on their bodies.

However, and I can't stress this enough, I think you are taking my posts too literally. If he coaches? Good for Chuck. I would be nothing but happy for him. I'm just preaching for him to focus of health, and not rush anything. And before you say "Doc says he's not rushing" the recovery pace he is on is remarkably fast. I know everyone is different, but I personally didn't think, from my knowledge and experience about leukemia, he would even be able to think about coaching again this year. Even in the article linked, the Doctor concedes his recovery rate has been unusual.

Again though, I'm just advocating for his future well being. Don't focus so much on the "Chuck don't play" statement. That was tongue in cheek/hyperbole. I just want the man healthy haha