•  

Photo

Doctor: If Colts make playoffs, Pagano will be there (merge)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
26 replies to this topic

#1 HtownColt

HtownColt
  • 5379 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:05 PM

"If the Colts make the playoffs, the coach will be there. That I'm certain of," Dr. Larry Cripe said.

Cripe, the IU Health Simon Cancer Center physician heading up Pagano's treatment, said that Coach Pagano's chemotherapy is now finished, but his fight against leukemia is not yet over. The coach has to recover from his third and final round of chemotherapy, which will take about a month.

http://www.wishtv.co...o-will-be-there

Game Rewind: Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind.

#2 House

House
  • 6548 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:19 PM

Chuck please. Stay Away.

Not because I/we don't want you, but get better without all the added stress football brings lol.
In another moment, down went Alice after it, never once considering how in the world she was to get out again.

#3 vinatierifan4

vinatierifan4
  • 445 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:24 PM

I wonder if that would give the team an extra emotional push and maybe bring us to the superbowl :D.

Wishful thinking but you never know

#4 John Dee

John Dee
  • 5578 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:28 PM

IMO... keep the status quo...

If Chuck comes back and can give 100% ok... but don't mess with the O "right now"

I think Arians is on the brink of turning Luck loose with the keys to the car. "no huddle" start to finish.
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."
Aldous Huxley

#5 BLOODontheTRACKS

BLOODontheTRACKS
  • 8519 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:39 PM

Chuck please. Stay Away.

Not because I/we don't want you, but get better without all the added stress football brings lol.

if that's what he wants to do, and his doctor is for it, then i want him on the sidelines. he loves to coach, let him coach.

#6 TKnight24

TKnight24
  • 9075 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:41 PM

So basically he's the Ray Lewis of the Colts? We have to make the postseason for him to be there

Apple Juice keeps me sane, society doesn't

Apple Juice relaxes my mind, society doesn't

#7 Bubba_Rebel

Bubba_Rebel
  • 81 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:58 PM

If Chuck comes back and can give 100% ok... but don't mess with the O "right now"

I think Arians is on the brink of turning Luck loose with the keys to the car. "no huddle" start to finish.

I have that feeling too. I think the next 4 weeks is when Luck is going to be lights out

#8 Carlos Danger

Carlos Danger
  • 1133 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:09 PM

I think Chuck was more hands-on with the D anyway... hope he comes back to rally the troops!!!

#9 House

House
  • 6548 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:10 PM

if that's what he wants to do, and his doctor is for it, then i want him on the sidelines. he loves to coach, let him coach.

Obviously I'm not mandating him not to coach lol.
In another moment, down went Alice after it, never once considering how in the world she was to get out again.

#10 The Fish

The Fish
  • 2265 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:28 PM

http://profootballta...return-week-17/

It would be a great thing for him and the team and us fans!

Bigger than any game!
"My cats cat breath smells like cat food"

#11 NewColtsFan

NewColtsFan
  • 6747 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:29 PM

So basically he's the Ray Lewis of the Colts? We have to make the postseason for him to be there

Well... not quite...

Word on ESPN today is that Lewis **may** be back this week... and likely **will** be back next week...

In short, he'll be back **before** the playoffs...

#12 NewColtsFan

NewColtsFan
  • 6747 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:30 PM

OK.... I'll bite...

What makes you think Arians is on the verge of doing this??

#13 Tark The Shark

Tark The Shark
  • 2388 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:33 PM

And LOS would be rocking that game. We could very well beat the Texans week 17 at home, with the crowd going nuts.

AND THEN WE WILL BE RIDING INTO THE PLAYOFFS BBBBBBYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Sorry, I couldn't help myself.
“Pressure is something you feel when you don't know what the heck you're doing.”- Peyton Manning

#14 T Y Goodbye

T Y Goodbye

Formerly known as CF4L

• 1812 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:37 PM

Best news I've heard in a long time...Keep fighting Coach...we are all behind you...#CHUCKSTRONG!

The man no one corner can stop...

#15 ColtsBlueFL

ColtsBlueFL
  • 2608 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:46 PM

I've looking forward to this. Ever since it was announced, the possibility of his return lare seaon was mentioned. I researched his treatment and it seemed he had a fair chance. So I've been hoping all season this would be the case! Look forward to you on the sidelines coach!!

“There’s no question he’s (Luck) a complete football player and one of the top quarterbacks in this league already. He has a great career in front of him but I think he’s already established himself as a very poised and talented player that can do a lot of things to beat you and he manages his team well and plays good situational football.”       -New England Patriots Head Coach Bill Belichick

#16 oldunclemark

oldunclemark
  • 13138 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:32 PM

Chuck please. Stay Away.

I agree..Stay home.coach....

Cancer is hard core.....We're talking 4 weeks........I'm uneasy about this

#17 Jason_S

Jason_S
  • 5297 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:17 PM

I agree..Stay home.coach....

Cancer is hard core.....We're talking 4 weeks........I'm uneasy about this

And why exactly should he stay home if he wants to be there and his DOCTOR says he's good to go?

"There are no stupid questions. Just stupid people who happen to ask questions."  -- Rock Slyde

#18 GoColts8818

GoColts8818
  • 12910 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:42 PM

Again people seem to think they know more about this than the doctor that is treating him. If the doctor says he can coach then he can coach and we don't need to second guess it because known of us are in a better situation to know what he can and can't do than the doctor.
Thank You Peyton! I look forward to the day you come home and we get to do this good bye thing right!

#19 House

House
  • 6548 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:55 PM

Again people seem to think they know more about this than the doctor that is treating him. If the doctor says he can coach then he can coach and we don't need to second guess it because known of us are in a better situation to know what he can and can't do than the doctor.

I don't think anyone claimed to know what's best. I just would hate for the stress football brings to set back his recovery in anyway.

If Doc says he's good to go and he wants to? All the power to him. I just want Chuck 100% and not rush back if he isn't completely good.

But this is just a fans perspective. And knowing how any set back can be life threatening when it comes to cancer, I just want him to take care of himself and let football come second.

It's not like I'm going to be mad/outraged at him if he did coach this year lol.

#20 GoColts8818

GoColts8818
  • 12910 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:12 AM

I don't think anyone claimed to know what's best. I just would hate for the stress football brings to set back his recovery in anyway.

If Doc says he's good to go and he wants to? All the power to him. I just want Chuck 100% and not rush back if he isn't completely good.

But this is just a fans perspective. And knowing how any set back can be life threatening when it comes to cancer, I just want him to take care of himself and let football come second.

It's not like I'm going to be mad/outraged at him if he did coach this year lol.

If the Doctor says he can do it I would say he's not rushing back. That's the key here the doctor is saying he's good to go. Trust the doctor.
Thank You Peyton! I look forward to the day you come home and we get to do this good bye thing right!

#21 HungarianColtsFan

HungarianColtsFan
  • 2527 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:12 AM

According to NFL.com. He finished last round of chemotherapy and may return to the sideline at 30th December.

http://www.nfl.com/n...return-possible

According to Dr. Larry Cripe:

"I'm fully supportive and I have my fingers crossed that he'll be there on the sideline if that's where he wants to be,"

God bless Coach! Come back and kick some Texans ... !

COLTSTRONG

#22 CjMcGirt23

CjMcGirt23
  • 586 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:10 AM

I don't think he comes back for the last game. Not out of sickness or anything but I think the coaches will want him back the first playoff game. We don't "need" him back against Houston the last game of the season but imagine the boost if we got him back wildcard weekend. It's more motivation for the players.
CjMcGirt23

#23 bayone

bayone

bayone

• 7005 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:20 AM

Chuck Pagano finishes chemotherapy; return possible

could resume coaching the team for its regular season finale on Dec. 30, according to the Indianapolis Star.

Dr. Cripe added that the decsion on when to return would be made by Pagano and the Colts.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000106082/article/chuck-pagano-finishes-chemotherapy-return-possible
Forgive any typos, try to catch, but have multiple progressive disabilities

#24 SilentHill

SilentHill

Next Man Up

• 3200 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:51 AM

I have that feeling too. I think the next 4 weeks is when Luck is going to be lights out

I think Sunday is the last game we see Luck in driver's ed. When we play Houston we're gonna need some sort of edge, I say let him loose there.

“What he does on the field – he’s an assassin…Class with cruelty.” – Jim Harbaugh on Andrew Luck

"It's okay to be smarter than everyone else, but you can't go around pointing it out!" – Mary Cooper

#25 lollygagger8

lollygagger8
  • 3486 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:20 AM

I think being around football will make him feel better! Let Chuck do what Chuck wants to do.

#26 tfunky14

tfunky14
  • 655 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:27 AM

Live your life the way you want to live. Doc says okay, you want to coach, by all means see you December 30th.

#27 House

House
  • 6548 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:50 AM

If the Doctor says he can do it I would say he's not rushing back. That's the key here the doctor is saying he's good to go. Trust the doctor.

Doctors make mistakes lol. There is a good reason why malpractice insurance is so high.

All I'm saying is there is no one who knows how the stresses of football could affect Chuck's immune system/overall health. There is no test a Doctor can conduct to find that out. Many coaches have quit coaching because it takes such a big toll on their bodies.

However, and I can't stress this enough, I think you are taking my posts too literally. If he coaches? Good for Chuck. I would be nothing but happy for him. I'm just preaching for him to focus of health, and not rush anything. And before you say "Doc says he's not rushing" the recovery pace he is on is remarkably fast. I know everyone is different, but I personally didn't think, from my knowledge and experience about leukemia, he would even be able to think about coaching again this year. Even in the article linked, the Doctor concedes his recovery rate has been unusual.

Again though, I'm just advocating for his future well being. Don't focus so much on the "Chuck don't play" statement. That was tongue in cheek/hyperbole. I just want the man healthy haha

COLTS TICKETS!

Join the Season Ticket Wait List!

Game Rewind: Indianapolis Colts

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      24 Apr
    SilentHill

Booked the flight / Hotel for the Eagles game.. woohoo!

Show comments (7)
  • Photo
      24 Apr
    MOB

Opening against the Broncos. Maybe this is a sign of destiny?

Show comments (3)
View All Updates