Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Freeney at it Again

HtownColt

Freeney against the Lions:

"For the second week in a row, Dwight Freeney reminded us all of just how good he can be on his day. Proving that sacks aren’t everything, the pass rusher finished the game with six total pressures, equalling last week for his most pressure filled performance of the season. His hit and five hurries, all from the right side, on 34 snaps as a pass rusher gave him a Pass Rushing Productivity (PRP) Rating of 13.2. He made just the one tackle from his 22 plays against the run but it was at least for a defensive stop. It was as a pass rusher than he excelled though, making life miserable for Jeff Backus all game long. On 3rd-and-10 with 8:51 left in the game he beat the left tackle to the outside right from the snap, chasing quarterback Matt Stafford out of the pocket and forcing the incompletion." - Pro Football Focus

but wait Freeney hasn't done anything. He is a pass rusher with only a very few sacks. He's not doing his job, we should cut him. . . . (sarcasm off)

Nice find. It's amazing that even though our players may not have the greatest stats, yet they are doing things that win us games. . . .That could be said about alot of our players. . . .yes even our qb!

I wish Colts would keep Freeney next year. He is a little slower than Mathis in getting used to the new defense but he is coming along. Let's not forget he was slowed down by that injury suffered in Chicago. I get the sense that he's been getting back in game shape after injury for the last couple of games.

its amazing what a healthy ankle can do. you can tell his ankle is fine now because his pressures and hits drastically went up over the past 3-4 weeks minus the Patriots game because Brady was getting rid of the ball in 2 seconds, you can do that without an offensive line

The only issue I have is he is a liability against the run, ya wanna run the ball? Oh look Freeney is on the field lets run at him, Also I know pressures are great but sack numbers just arent there in 10 games and thats what he is being paid 14 million dollar for. I might bring him back but only for pass rush situations as a rotational guy

only fans look at sack numbers...Dwight isnt god against the run...but like gavin says/....I'm okay with other teams running at him...

he still influences what they do..

I hope he accepts the fact that he's a situational player and comes back next season for a 'hometown' discount.

He is a Colts icon....and if we make the playoffs..I want him back to go for it again

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Thread of the Week

• Topics

• AR proved in his first game that he is going to be very good. 
    • Yes, this QB class can survive because of their athletic ability that translates well to the modern NFL. But, I'm trying to find a QB in the class who can do all the running (which most of them are good at) AND also be able to understand what defenses try to do, and make or change plays within the pocket.   By the virtue of Penix having played inside the pocket almost all the plays, he should've developed an innate ability to do just that, so maybe he'll translate well mentally. Though his tape seems to show concerns about his touch and accuracy in short and intermediate levels. You may be proven right if he could develop into a more accurate passer that can throw with anticipation. 
    • Also the reason  you go wr is to make sure you have the right  qb. If he stinks with an star cast of offensive  weapons  then you know you need another qb
    • Very true.  Josh Allen is another one.  The Bills traded for Diggs to help him out and they took off.  Now he’s gone.  I expect the Bills to do something big again to help him out.  Once you get your quarterback the next step is making sure he has the weapons around him.  Right now AR has some real quality weapons.  Getting him another one could really set the team up for a nice run.
    • Yes, if I'm forced to choose, I'd go with Williams, despite him earning some reputation with all the garbage talk from his camp even since the year before the actual draft. I read a scout saying that the PR guys (including his father) Williams has led him to those bad reputation and decisions, when he should've gone under the radar with much more good vibes surrounding him. Anyway, it's on him now to prove by his play in the NFL.   I'd also go with Daniels, as Williams seems just out of reach for anyone other than Bears. Concerns with Daniels are about his durability and the ability to dissect NFL defenses, but if he becomes injury prone in the NFL, at least that'd help the team to move on to finding the next franchise QB.   My overall gripe with this QB class is that no one stands out as being strong in his ability to go through progressions and reads, as many of their offenses seemed to involve limited reads. So it falls squarely on the individual's intelligence to be able to translate at the highest level, and there's no way any fan like us would get to know without working him out and bringing him in for interviews - which teams are doing with those QBs. So, NFL teams will need to figure out who among this class can consistently pick apart NFL defenses or at least grow into that level.   This QB class is different because the tape of them doesn't tell that part of the story due to the offenses they played in. 
  • Members

• krunk

krunk 8,283

• Moosejawcolt

Moosejawcolt 5,087

• VikingsFanInChennai

VikingsFanInChennai 2,968

• RDNScot

RDNScot 27

• Blueblood23

Blueblood23 999

• bellevuecolt