•  

Photo

Freeney at it Again

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 HtownColt

HtownColt
  • 5384 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:08 PM

Freeney against the Lions:

"For the second week in a row, Dwight Freeney reminded us all of just how good he can be on his day. Proving that sacks aren’t everything, the pass rusher finished the game with six total pressures, equalling last week for his most pressure filled performance of the season. His hit and five hurries, all from the right side, on 34 snaps as a pass rusher gave him a Pass Rushing Productivity (PRP) Rating of 13.2. He made just the one tackle from his 22 plays against the run but it was at least for a defensive stop. It was as a pass rusher than he excelled though, making life miserable for Jeff Backus all game long. On 3rd-and-10 with 8:51 left in the game he beat the left tackle to the outside right from the snap, chasing quarterback Matt Stafford out of the pocket and forcing the incompletion." - Pro Football Focus

Game Rewind: Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind.

#2 swflacoltsfans

swflacoltsfans
  • 611 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:07 PM

I am disappointed with his sack numbers this year, but as the article pointed out sacks are not all that should be considered.

#3 coltsfanmilyman

coltsfanmilyman
  • 1212 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:08 PM

but wait Freeney hasn't done anything. He is a pass rusher with only a very few sacks. He's not doing his job, we should cut him. . . . (sarcasm off)

Nice find. It's amazing that even though our players may not have the greatest stats, yet they are doing things that win us games. . . .That could be said about alot of our players. . . .yes even our qb!

Be yourself, everyone else is taken (Oscar Wilde)

We need to replace random acts of violence with random acts of Kindness  (Me)

#4 RomanianColtsFan

RomanianColtsFan
  • 793 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:18 PM

I wish Colts would keep Freeney next year. He is a little slower than Mathis in getting used to the new defense but he is coming along. Let's not forget he was slowed down by that injury suffered in Chicago. I get the sense that he's been getting back in game shape after injury for the last couple of games.

#5 dw49

dw49
  • 3473 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:26 PM

I thought there were a couple of ridiculous holds on Freeney. Why is it they hate to call holds against Freeney ?

#6 HtownColt

HtownColt
  • 5384 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:27 PM

I wish Colts would keep Freeney next year. He is a little slower than Mathis in getting used to the new defense but he is coming along. Let's not forget he was slowed down by that injury suffered in Chicago. I get the sense that he's been getting back in game shape after injury for the last couple of games.

its amazing what a healthy ankle can do. you can tell his ankle is fine now because his pressures and hits drastically went up over the past 3-4 weeks minus the Patriots game because Brady was getting rid of the ball in 2 seconds, you can do that without an offensive line

#7 Gavin

Gavin
  • 16357 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:47 PM

The only issue I have is he is a liability against the run, ya wanna run the ball? Oh look Freeney is on the field lets run at him, Also I know pressures are great but sack numbers just arent there in 10 games and thats what he is being paid 14 million dollar for. I might bring him back but only for pass rush situations as a rotational guy

#8 BLOODontheTRACKS

BLOODontheTRACKS
  • 8522 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:45 PM

i love the way freeney will go all out chasing a qb clear across the field, you see a lot of defensive linemen lollygag at a certain point....

#9 oldunclemark

oldunclemark
  • 13237 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:58 PM

only fans look at sack numbers...Dwight isnt god against the run...but like gavin says/....I'm okay with other teams running at him...

he still influences what they do..

I hope he accepts the fact that he's a situational player and comes back next season for a 'hometown' discount.

He is a Colts icon....and if we make the playoffs..I want him back to go for it again

#10 Tark The Shark

Tark The Shark
  • 2388 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:39 PM

I would love to welcome Freeney back.

But unfortunately I just don't think the numbers will be there for him to come back for a very low cost.

He will want to go somewhere more comfortable for his playing style
“Pressure is something you feel when you don't know what the heck you're doing.”- Peyton Manning

COLTS TICKETS!

Join the Season Ticket Wait List!

Game Rewind: Indianapolis Colts

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      24 Apr
    MOB

Opening against the Broncos. Maybe this is a sign of destiny?

Show comments (3)
View All Updates