Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BNS

Key Play on final drive vs Lions

25 posts in this topic

We all know that comeback on Sunday in Detroit was amazing!! What, in your opinion, was the "key" play on the final drive, other than the scoring play as time ran out.

Mine was the catch by Reggie Wayne that put us in Detroit territory. Once he made that catch, I told myself that we can actually score and win this game!!

2 people like this

The 15 yard horse collar penalty. Though i dont think that luck had any

intentions of sliding i dont think he would have picked up that

many yards before he was brought down

The strike over the middle to Reggie on third down.. Great throw

There was a few big plays made that drive. But I agree the catch that reggie made is what made it possible.

A few on the previous drive were possibly more important, and the bomb for a TD before the 2:00 warning was the key to it all.

Luck's run down the sideline, getting a lot more yards by out running Suh, and having the presence to keep tip-toeing down the sideline to squeeze every last yard out was a major key as well. That put us in a very manageable position to win imo.

I think the Reggie pass/catch put Detroit on their heels and cemented that "oh crap" feeling that something bad was about to happen....and for all their talent, IMO, there are few NFL defenses less equipped to deal with furious last-minute drives than the Lions.

Sure enough, they completely blew underneath coverage on Avery coming across for Luck's short TD pass after Luck went to the end zone three times.

Andrew played them like a fiddle.

Almost every positive play was key. The horse-collar was great, especially because it stopped the clock and essentially gave us another TO...

The key play imo was the drop in the back of the endzone by Reggie. Feel like that made the lions back up a bit more which let Avery run underneath

The throw to Reggie. That was a great pass dropped right in there in between triple coverage. It was on a third down that got us on the Lions end of the field.

Not to be over looked was that we picked up two fourth down plays on that drive.

I will give you an off the wall key play in the game. Not on the final drive but a key play nonetheless. On Luck's INT that was almost returned for a TD, he hustled his butt off and forced Lacey to block in the back. That is a pick six otherwise. The Lions settled for a FG instead of the TD.

1 person likes this

the hit from lefeged that knocked leashoure out silly on 3rd and 5 and gave the colts a chance to win

I will give you an off the wall key play in the game. Not on the final drive but a key play nonetheless. On Luck's INT that was almost returned for a TD, he hustled his butt off and forced Lacey to block in the back. That is a pick six otherwise. The Lions settled for a FG instead of the TD.

Also The Lions throwing two incomplete passes with about four minutes left rather than running it. Had the Lions run the ball there the Colts run out of time at the end of the game. That's why I say the Lions are really their own worst enemy and both of these are examples of that.

The 15 yard horse collar penalty. Though i dont think that luck had any

intentions of sliding i dont think he would have picked up that

many yards before he was brought down

The question was the key play in the game winning drive. A couple of you have the horse collar in the game winning drive , I thought was before.

the hit from lefeged that knocked leashoure out silly on 3rd and 5 and gave the colts a chance to win

was that lefeged wow!!! i thought that was Freeman he laid down the law on that hit... But i believe it was the play after that one that really was key.. That horrible punt gave us excellent field position... I don't think we win if we start on the 10 or 15 as opposed to the 28 yd line

was that lefeged wow!!! i thought that was Freeman he laid down the law on that hit... But i believe it was the play after that one that really was key.. That horrible punt gave us excellent field position... I don't think we win if we start on the 10 or 15 as opposed to the 28 yd line

from my angle it looked like lefeged but i could be wrong. nfl.com credits mathews and freeman

The throw to Reggie. That was a great pass dropped right in there in between triple coverage. It was on a third down that got us on the Lions end of the field.

Not to be over looked was that we picked up two fourth down plays on that drive.

That should have never been a 3rd down play as Luck easlly had the first down with his "9" yard run. Bad no replay from above on that one. But as you say it was an incredible throw.

That should have never been a 3rd down play as Luck easlly had the first down with his "9" yard run. Bad no replay from above on that one. But as you say it was an incredible throw.

It was pretty much the exact same throw he tried to make earlier in the game to Hilton I think it was that sailed on him and got picked. That shows me that Luck does grow during the course of the game.

I was incredgilious how they spotted it where they did. Essentially cost us a down because we spiked it after the run.

I thought that the Dwayne Allen catch was a pretty important play too. It wasn't a big gainer but it got us into good scoring position and he got out of bounds. But Reggie's catch was by far in my opinion the most important.

Albeit not a play, but amazing clock management to wrap up the game. We managed every second of the final 2 drives, where as Detroit blew it.

I was incredgilious how they spotted it where they did. Essentially cost us a down because we spiked it after the run.

Ended up not costing us anything as we woud have spiked it regardless of the spot. So was as you say , just a lost down. However if the incredible throw and great catch are not made on 3rd and 1 , we would have been looking at 4th and one. Maybe had to run the ball and end up changing the plays for the remainedr of the game. Easily could have cost us the game. But who knows maybe it helped us as the Lions might have been looking for us to complete something shorter and easier to make sure of the 1st down ? Who knows....

1 person likes this

The question was the key play in the game winning drive. A couple of you have the horse collar in the game winning drive , I thought was before.

Wan't sure but may have been in the first one. How about the bad punt that went out of bounds around the 25 instead of pinning us deep in our territory