Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

RG3 "It was totally by design"

Big Al

LMBO.....I just pictured Manning scrambling and its painful everytime.

I mean, we are essential in 75% agreeance. My thing is, the first thing that someone will say is, "he is just a runner" totally ignoring the fact that he got hit trying to go down. He couldn't go out of bounds because of defender location so he got like 2 more yards and tried to go down safely. He just happened to get hit while trying to go down safely..lol.

Just read the report that the MRI came back and it was just a sprain.

I totally understand where you're coming from. I'd have to look at the play again, but I thought he could have broke it out towards the sideline, but he wouldn't have gotten as many yards. Then he tried too late to slide. Don't get me wrong though, I love his effort and tenacity and its one of the things that makes him so fun to watch, but its also what tends to drive him to act outside of his better judgement at times. I realize he was trying to go down, my point is simply that he could have sacrificed a couple yards and got down sooner. It was the same deal in Atlanta and a number of other hits while scrambling. He has gotten better as the year went on, but in a tight situation, he did what he felt he needed to and went for it. Teammates love that. :)

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic