Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

RG3 "It was totally by design"

Big Al

So what? I'm going to bring up the names of quarterbacks who came out of a pro style offense and weren't babied in college, as you seem to love to accuse: Jimmy Clausen, Matt Leinart

i said babied in the nfl not college. i dont follow college so i have no clue what clausen and leinart type of offense they ran, but it takes more then running a pro style offense to be successful in the nfl. you have to have the maturity which leinart didnt and you have to the tools and talent to play in the next level which clausen didnt.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They basically had them beat until the defense gave up the TD to Cruz. No one ever wants to give the Redskins offense credit. A head scratcher.

That's cus COLLEGE OFFENSE and RUNNING QB and GIMMICK and CAM NEWTON and MIKE VICK 2.0 and HE GON DIE and THEY'RE GONNA BEAT HIM WEEK 10...I MEAN WEEK 11...I MEAN WEEK 12...I MEAN WHEN THE GIANTS FINALLY PROVE THAT BY HAVING FILM ON HIM...I MEAN NEXT YEAR..

Seriously, Griffin is doing JUST as much as Luck by not only having to read the D-end but then read coverages after that. He's very good at manipulating the safety with his eyes; it's exactly why he had long touchdowns in the Eagles and Cowboys game, by looking off coverage to the underneath route then reestablishing his base and throwing it over the top.

That's cus COLLEGE OFFENSE and RUNNING QB and GIMMICK and CAM NEWTON and MIKE VICK 2.0 and HE GON DIE and THEY'RE GONNA BEAT HIM WEEK 10...I MEAN WEEK 11...I MEAN WEEK 12...I MEAN WHEN THE GIANTS FINALLY PROVE THAT BY HAVING FILM ON HIM...I MEAN NEXT YEAR..

Seriously, Griffin is doing JUST as much as Luck by not only having to read the D-end but then read coverages after that. He's very good at manipulating the safety with his eyes; it's exactly why he had long touchdowns in the Eagles and Cowboys game, by looking off coverage to the underneath route then reestablishing his base and throwing it over the top.

it also helps when the wr is wide open 20 yards ahead of the nearest defender

They basically had them beat until the defense gave up the TD to Cruz. No one ever wants to give the Redskins offense credit. A head scratcher.

Its because they see option and pistol and think COLLEGE. If you haven't heard RG3's presser today please listen to it the question was asked is it shanahans offense or baylors offense he is running. He said we are defineately running Mikes offense just with a few wrinkles. Its the same offense that John Elway and Jay Cutler ran except they run it from the PISTOL....I never heard anyone call it a simple offense/college offense when those guys were running it.

Hahahaha yep. It seems that the Giants film worked wonders for them the second time around. Mike Vick 2.0 is my favorite lol. I mean, that offense is going to be magically stopped next year and Griffin is not going to be the same backfield headache as he is this year. Alfred Morris is going to decline and the Redskins aren't going to add any pieces to make their team better at all this offseason. haha

i said babied in the nfl not college. i dont follow college so i have no clue what clausen and leinart type of offense they ran, but it takes more then running a pro style offense to be successful in the nfl. you have to have the maturity which leinart didnt and you have to the tools and talent to play in the next level which clausen didnt.

Jimmy Clausen ran the Patriots' offense from the early 2000s, Leinart a west coast. I simply provided a devil's advocate example. And, to continue the part, Vince Young had maturity problems and the jury is still out on Newton. He's actually having a better year than people give him credit for. The coaching staff in Carolina is in disarray. Most of the Panthers' losses are 6 points or less coming off of blown fourth quarter leads, most notably the Bucs' game a few weeks back.

Due to the threat of the quarterback. It all starts there. Blame Griffin and take away his TD because his receiver is open...give me a break.

have you seen how many times his wrs are WIDE open. not open. WIDE open like the nearest person is the guy selling popcorn

it also helps when the wr is wide open 20 yards ahead of the nearest defender

Its because he has one of the best play fakes in football and with how the redskins can run the ball it makes his beautiful play fake freeze defenders. Did you see how stupid he made JPP look on multiple occasions Monday night. If it happens every game is it just Luck or a fluke? You guys should know what a great play fake can do you watched Peyton for 13 years and he did it without a running game

Its because they see option and pistol and think COLLEGE. If you haven't heard RG3's presser today please listen to it the question was asked is it shanahans offense or baylors offense he is running. He said we are defineately running Mikes offense just with a few wrinkles. Its the same offense that John Elway and Jay Cutler ran except they run it from the PISTOL....I never heard anyone call it a simple offense/college offense when those guys were running it.

Yep, and Cutler and Elway turned out pretty well. Griffin, though, is going to be Cam Newton, McNabb, Young, and Vick rolled into one...he is a one and done and will turn out to be a bust. :facepalm:

I believe your use of the "Homecoming" for the Panthers rubbed some of their players the wrong way. I think they took it personal, and played with an increased level.

Funny thing is I'm not even a Redskins fan but you always have to recognize good play around the league.

Funny thing is I'm not even a Redskins fan but you always have to recognize good play around the league.

Oh i thought you were.. I agree.. I think the Redskins use of the word homecoming put some more spit, fire and vinegar into the Panthers on that Sunday, or so the local papers read after the fact...

Evidently the Redskins had all of their legends back that day and used the word homecoming on the program that was placed in each players locker.

Yep, and Cutler and Elway turned out pretty well. Griffin, though, is going to be Cam Newton, McNabb, Young, and Vick rolled into one...he is a one and done and will turn out to be a bust. :facepalm:

Yes 12 weeks of film and they think we run the same offense as Cam and the Panthers so why doesnt D coordinators look at all that film and stop RG3. Its funny because its also obvious he has more poise and is more of a leader then Cam and you cant teach that and only few QB's have both.

but thats kinda my point. its an easy read. he doesnt have to scan the defensive when he has a red jersey with no one around him.

Yes, but Griffin also has a propensity to extend plays both in and out of the pocket when there is no PA used at all. Like that 4th down completion a few weeks back when everyone thought he would run with it...his threat of picking up first downs with his legs opens up options down the field. He is a guy that keeps his eyes down the field all the time, and his accuracy is a plus.

but thats kinda my point. its an easy read. he doesnt have to scan the defensive when he has a red jersey with no one around him.

And this is a negative why? I mean honestly, would you rather him force the ball into double coverage because it would show he has more cajones? I'd take the open shot ten times out of ten that was created because of the skill and deception with which he sells his playfakes. It's like arguing that you shouldn't take a free double cheeseburger from McDonald's as a rewards member because there's a shop several miles away that has a triple cheeseburger with extra cholestrol for 6 bucks.

Yes 12 weeks of film and they think we run the same offense as Cam and the Panthers so why doesnt D coordinators look at all that film and stop RG3. Its funny because its also obvious he has more poise and is more of a leader then Cam and you cant teach that and only few QB's have both.

Yep...he and 12 are both rookie captains on their respective teams. You can't coach leadership, and it's always a plus to have talent with it.

And this is a negative why? I mean honestly, would you rather him force the ball into double coverage because it would show he has more cajones? I'd take the open shot ten times out of ten that was created because of the skill and deception with which he sells his playfakes. It's like arguing that you shouldn't take a free double cheeseburger from McDonald's as a rewards member because there's a shop several miles away that has a triple cheeseburger with extra cholestrol for 6 bucks.

you so missed my point. im saying its an easy throw. hes not put in a position hes not put in situation where he has to make the throw in a small window

Yes, but Griffin also has a propensity to extend plays both in and out of the pocket when there is no PA used at all. Like that 4th down completion a few weeks back when everyone thought he would run with it...his threat of picking up first downs with his legs opens up options down the field. He is a guy that keeps his eyes down the field all the time, and his accuracy is a plus.

i agree that griffin being a dual threat makes him hard to defend because of his ability to beat you with his arm or legs, but my point is hes not put in a situation where he has to make the throw in a small window.

im gonna give you a couple of people who ran the option. vince young and cam newton. ones a bum that couldnt even make the bills and the other is as useless as a poopy favored lollipop. this kind of offense is a short-term solution.it wont continue to work.

I hope these logical fallacies are intentional because the hit to your character from being a poor antagonist is substantially more preferable than the hit to your intelligence from actually believing your own words.

you say that like the giants are the best team in the league. no one has them as going back to the super bowl.

The Giants did, however, just demolish a team that you were incredibly lucky to beat and that was really the one win you guys can hang your hat on out of your entire schedule to date. The Giants may not be the most consistent team in the league but they are very dangerous between their big play ability on offense and their pass rush.

We effectively neutered their pass rush twice this season. That's not an easy feat and it speaks to the strength of the offensive scheme.

I hope these logical fallacies are intentional because the hit to your character from being a poor antagonist is substantially more preferable than the hit to your intelligence from actually believing your own words.

The Giants did, however, just demolish a team that you were incredibly lucky to beat and that was really the one win you guys can hang your hat on out of your entire schedule to date. The Giants may not be the most consistent team in the league but they are very dangerous between their big play ability on offense and their pass rush.

We effectively neutered their pass rush twice this season. That's not an easy feat and it speaks to the strength of the offensive scheme.

if i can take a line from skip bayless "i know the national football league" haha rather you think my comment is *ic go right ahead, but if you really think the option is a championship type offense then your the dumb one here my friend.

and who exactly have you guys beaten

Pretty much. The Giants, as inconsistent as they are, still have one of the best defensive fronts in the league and they were rendered pretty ineffective.

if you really think the option is a championship type offense then your the dumb one here my friend.

You do realize that the Redskins run a variation of the WCO with option reads right? There are different websites that breakdown film on the offense.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Want-to-stop-RG3-Redskins-Then-read-your-runpass-keys.html

*reading*

Holy crap, he didn't throw it at his first read...lmbo.

Here another that shows what the defense has to account for:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/22-redskins-combine-backfield-motion-route-concepts-stretch-171844773--nfl.html

*reads again*

Holy crap, he is under center?!?! lol

You do realize that the Redskins run a variation of the WCO with option reads right? There are different websites that breakdown film on the offense.

http://www.nationalf...npass-keys.html

*reading*

Holy crap, he didn't throw it at his first read...lmbo.

Here another that shows what the defense has to account for:

http://sports.yahoo....44773--nfl.html

*reads again*

Holy crap, he is under center?!?! lol

oh look number 11 is wide open because no one is running with him

if i can take a line from skip bayless "i know the national football league" haha rather you think my comment is *ic go right ahead, but if you really think the option is a championship type offense then your the dumb one here my friend.

Is Mike Shanahans offense a championship offense? Thats what they are running from the PISTOL. Its proven to be a 2 time superbowl winning offense.

I think it's a bad omen that you chose to quote Skip and go with "your" instead of "you're" ;)

I wouldn't take the Giants, Buccaneers, Saints, or Cowboys lightly although all of those teams clearly have their own flaws. If you want to compare and contrast schedules, I'd say that the reason we're 2 games back is that we've only had one slam dunk game on our schedule (Foles-led Eagles) where you guys have had quite a few (Bills, Jaguars twice, Titans, Browns, Jets).

I think it's a bad omen that you chose to quote Skip and go with "your" instead of "you're" ;)

I wouldn't take the Giants, Buccaneers, Saints, or Cowboys lightly although all of those teams clearly have their own flaws. If you want to compare and contrast schedules, I'd say that the reason we're 2 games back is that we've only had one slam dunk game on our schedule (Foles-led Eagles) where you guys have had quite a few (Bills, Jaguars twice, Titans, Browns, Jets).

oh trust me i think skip is an *. you cant help who you play but we have played tough opponents. the way I see it to be a good team you beat who your suppose and challenge those that your not suppose to beat. course we havent faired well vs the bears or pats haha

i did but i also saw the safety standing like a statue

The author explained what happened to the safety.

I kind of had a feeling that the "quality of wins" was going to get thrown out there with that comment..lol

oh trust me i think skip is an *. you cant help who you play but we have played tough opponents. the way I see it to be a good team you beat who your suppose and challenge those that your not suppose to beat. course we havent faired well vs the bears or pats haha

If only college football worked out like that, but I digress..lol

you so missed my point. im saying its an easy throw. hes not put in a position hes not put in situation where he has to make the throw in a small window

No, I completely hit your point. You discredit a supposed easy throw but totally ignore the fact that it is his ability that creates such a huge window.

Certainly can't choose your schedule and I sure as heck wouldn't want to play the Patriots any time (although we did unusually well against them with Rex Grossman). If I'm a Colts fan I'm thrilled to be heavy favorites to win a wildcard spot at this point but a little nervous about playing any of the AFC division winners and what a particularly poor showing could mean about the next season. Fortunately, you guys keep most games very competitive so the latter is only a remote concern.

The Redskins are in solid position to make a playoff run but it's still an uphill battle. IF we can pull it out, though, and finish with a 3-1 or 4-0 streak then I think we're a serious upset threat in the playoffs. Not ready for a Super Bowl run or anything but good enough to put a serious scare in the Falcons, 9ers (this would be a really interesting matchup), or Packers.

No, I completely hit your point. You discredit a supposed easy throw but totally ignore the fact that it is his ability that creates such a huge window.

you give him way too much credit and no i mentioned rg3 ability on another comment