Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

RG3 "It was totally by design"

Big Al

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems like to me, Griffin has an extra element to his game that gives him an advantage over a QB like Luck, and is still able to make throws into tight coverage, because I've seen him do it.

Seems like to me, that would give ol' Bobby a higher ceiling in regards to his talent level and performance.

Seems like to me, that scares a lot of people on this board...

A QB could take one hit and get a concussion, while another could take 50 and have no such damage. Try harder next time

Yeah Luck takes some hard hits but I haven't heard people jibber jabber about Luck taking hits the way Young and others where on MNF with regards to the hard hits RGiii has taken. Steve Young couldn't shut up about it.

Not at all because from what I hear this Andrew Luck guy is phenomenal.

I was hearing on a nice radio show from about how if coaches had to choose a young franchise QB between all the rookies the vast majority would most likely still pick Luck. Hypothetical I know but it's nice to hear.

I hear plenty of analyst, experts and former players on the radio, articles, espn and the NFL network say Luck is one of the most phenomenal rookie QBs they've ever seen. I'll take their word over posters on a forum.

From what I hear they are both pretty decent rookies however. Nowhere near Tim Tebow but pretty good.

I think more than scaring people, Colts fans are sick and tired of people trying to belittle one of the best rookie QBs to ever grace the NFL. That's what it sounds like to me.

Not at all because from what I hear this Andrew Luck guy is phenomenal.

I was hearing on a nice radio show from about how if coaches had to choose a young franchise QB between all the rookies the vast majority would most likely still pick Luck. Hypothetical I know but it's nice to hear.

I hear plenty of analyst, experts and former players on the radio, articles, espn and the NFL network say Luck is one of the most phenomenal rookie QBs they've ever seen. I'll take their word over posters on a forum.

From what I hear they are both pretty decent rookies however. Nowhere near Tim Tebow but pretty good.

I think more than scaring people, Colts fans are sick and tired of people trying to belittle one of the best rookie QBs to ever grace the NFL. That's what it sounds like to me.

Lol belittling Luck? He's a friggin' golden boy. There's no such thing. Seems like Colts fans are belittling Griffin's accomplishments because they're scared of him possibly becoming better than Andrew.

Lol belittling Luck? He's a friggin' golden boy. There's no such thing. Seems like Colts fans are belittling Griffin's accomplishments because they're scared of him possibly becoming better than Andrew.

People have been bellittling Andrew Luck on here for a long time. Probably simply because of the hype he recieved but yes, it has happened constantly even predating the draft.

The media hasn't belittled him hardly at all, just primarily random posters couple people in the media. It gets old but this RGiii vs Luck and Andrew Luck living up to Peyton mumbo jumbo will just go on forever.

I guess it's to be expected.

Poor Andrew Luck is just a poor million $ incredible athlete who has a lot of great things going for him!!!!

LEAVE POOR ANDREW ALONE!!!! I'm sure any negativity about him weighs heavily on his soft, loving, caring heart.

Seems like to me, Griffin has an extra element to his game that gives him an advantage over a QB like Luck, and is still able to make throws into tight coverage, because I've seen him do it.

Seems like to me, that would give ol' Bobby a higher ceiling in regards to his talent level and performance.

Regardless of if Griffin is/will be better than Luck, a couple of factors to consider;

1. Griffin is not in our division (or even our conference) so what exactly are we scared of?

2. 12 is still the real deal, and will be a force to be dealt with for many years to come in the AFC

3. Seems like to me, a certain Texan fan knows, in his heart of hearts, that 12 will be a problem in the South, which makes him more than a little scared himself ;)

He took a pretty big hit last night and popped right up. I thought he would be down on the ground after Boley? I think is his name, the guy that used to play in Atlanta, really gave him a good shot.

He's not much smaller/lighter than Rodgers.

To me he's been fairly safe when he has broken out of the pocket and ran.

He might face some injuries/bumps/bruises like Vick did, but he's far smarter and even more accurate than Vick ever thought about being.

I agree with this on the whole, though I think a bit like Luck the scheme he's in exposes him unnecessarily at time. The only thing I would say is that his speed could work against him in this area what with the good old F=MA. So even though he's a similar build to Rodgers he's going to be colliding with more force.

Let's face it, one bad hit can do for anyone, it doesn't even have to be that bad, getting hit on your knee say at the wrong moment can be a career ender.

I think some people out there are almost hoping that he get's jacked up so they can say I told you so.

I agree with this on the whole, though I think a bit like Luck the scheme he's in exposes him unnecessarily at time. The only thing I would say is that his speed could work against him in this area what with the good old F=MA. So even though he's a similar build to Rodgers he's going to be colliding with more force.

Let's face it, one bad hit can do for anyone, it doesn't even have to be that bad, getting hit on your knee say at the wrong moment can be a career ender.

I think some people out there are almost hoping that he get's jacked up so they can say I told you so.

Exactly, and it's sickening. :HFire:

You are right, one bad play can end it for a lineman, back, receiver, quarterback or linebackers/defensive backs. Nobody is immune to that. Of course some here are wanting to see him get jacked up and injured. That's on the Christmas list of some.

Far too much hypocrisy when it comes to the RG3vsLuck arguments.

Far too much hypocrisy when it comes to the RG3vsLuck arguments.

Yeah, it's pretty bad when you see post where a QB is getting bashed for being in the MVP discussion but then a thread is created when "your guy" gets his vote.

It would be nice is people just appreciate what they have and not have to try to cut another down. They don't even play in the same conference..lol. Just appreciate the fact that both have been a contributing factor in their respective teams success. (and you have to insert Russell Wilson in there too..lol)

You are right, one bad play can end it for a lineman, back, receiver, quarterback or linebackers/defensive backs. Nobody is immune to that. Of course some here are wanting to see him get jacked up and injured. That's on the Christmas list of some.

Or Coach even going off the hit on Arians against the Lions!

And it seems to me that there are a couple of Texans fans on this forum that will go to any length they can try to muster up to somehow downplay just how good Luck is. I think that is what scares Texans fans, because they secretly know that their 2 yr. run in the AFC south is quickly coming to an end.

And it seems to me that there are a couple of Texans fans on this forum that will go to any length they can try to muster up to somehow downplay just how good Luck is. I think that is what scares Texans fans, because they secretly know that their 2 yr. run in the AFC south is quickly coming to an end.

I think it's funny that you all say that, we'll see

Once Schaub leaves, whenever that is, maybe we'll tank the season for the next great QB as well

I think it's funny that you all say that, we'll see

Once Schaub leaves, whenever that is, maybe we'll tank the season for the next great QB as well

Normally I have no problem with you as a poster, but did you run out of boxers and have to settle for your troll panties today? We clearly just flat out sucked last year there was no tanking involved.

Normally I have no problem with you as a poster, but did you run out of boxers and have to settle for your troll panties today? We clearly just flat out sucked last year there was no tanking involved.

How dare you picture me in panties.

Please read this Breakdown of Lucks game against the Lions with GIFS http://httr24-7.com/..._medium=twitter

I'm not going to lie, I laughed my butt of at 6 just because the gif went long enough to see the missed tackle..lmbo.

But seriously, if you really look at those, you can see that a good portion of those were tipped and/or affected by pressure. Some, he could have used better judgement but we can't see what the QB sees, especially as it relates to hidden coverage and things of that nature. But 6 was funny as crap.

i hate when they bring up young's win loss record because its foolish. hes not the only reason why they win games. i wouldnt say cam was figured out because hes was still dominating last year. theres a reason why the option doesnt stick in the nfl and its because its not hard to figure out. its all about defensives not being discipline to their assignments that makes it successful. cam has just as big an arm as rg3 and im pretty sure hes just as fast so why cant cam run it in his second year

Lol but that's the argument for why Andrew Luck is the best rookie QB in the league.

Yeah, I agree.

People felt it was okay to have Manning pack his bags since we were in position to get the greatest QB prospect since Elway. Now that Griffin might be the brtter QB. People are scared.

My opinion.