Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

RG3 "It was totally by design"

Big Al

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just waiting for him to get lit up. IMO he will end up anothe Vick if he continues this way. He has already sustained a concussion and was out what 2 games or so?

He's fast, but small. One big hit from anothe concussion and more time away. I just cant see him surviving his style of play in the NFL.

I'm just waiting for him to get lit up. IMO he will end up anothe Vick if he continues this way. He has already sustained a concussion and was out what 2 games or so?

He's fast, but small. One big hit from anothe concussion and more time away. I just cant see him surviving his style of play in the NFL.

He took a pretty big hit last night and popped right up. I thought he would be down on the ground after Boley? I think is his name, the guy that used to play in Atlanta, really gave him a good shot.

He's not much smaller/lighter than Rodgers.

To me he's been fairly safe when he has broken out of the pocket and ran.

He might face some injuries/bumps/bruises like Vick did, but he's far smarter and even more accurate than Vick ever thought about being.

He took a pretty big hit last night and popped right up. I thought he would be down on the ground after Boley? I think is his name, the guy that used to play in Atlanta, really gave him a good shot.

He's not much smaller/lighter than Rodgers.

To me he's been fairly safe when he has broken out of the pocket and ran.

He might face some injuries/bumps/bruises like Vick did, but he's far smarter and even more accurate than Vick ever thought about being.

Look at it this way, they are using short dump off passes and option reads, and he's already sustained a concussion. What happens when they make him run a real offense like luck where he has to hold the ball longer?

Look at it this way, they are using short dump off passes and option reads, and he's already sustained a concussion. What happens when they make him run a real offense like luck where he has to hold the ball longer?

Luck gets hit just as violently in the pocket as RG3 does outside of it.

He completes the pass, throws the ball away, takes a sack, tries to buy time to make a play or takes off running just like any other QB does. The options for Griffin are no different than anyone else when the pressure is in his face. He just has a better chance of getting away from it than most.

Again, I'm not going to penalize the kid for his coaching staff putting him in a better position to succeed or to transition to the NFL, or to capitalize on his abilities.

Was I the only one who was more than a little surprised the Refs didn't call that a fumble after looking at it for a few minutes?

It was a fumble.

Didn't miss a game.

Imma tell you like this; if you make the Giants D-line second guess every play the second time that you play them (and after weeks of film and just beating Green Bay with their "real" offense), you are doing something right. I know most think it is gimmicky but the fact of the matter is, this offense is going up against good defenses and playing effectively. I give Shanny all of the props in the world for this.

A QB could take one hit and get a concussion, while another could take 50 and have no such damage. Try harder next time

Try harder?

Okay, well when a QuarterBack is in the pocket they are usually getting blocked so a player doesn't have a clean shot on him, but when a quarterback runs outside of the pocket, then he could get hit way easier. You know for a fact that if a quarterback bounces outside, he puts himself more at risk then staying in the pocket.

That's why Brett Farve never missed a game till he was 40 (when he was actually starting for packers)

Try harder?

Okay, well when a QuarterBack is in the pocket they are usually getting blocked so a player doesn't have a clean shot on him, but when a quarterback runs outside of the pocket, then he could get hit way easier. You know for a fact that if a quarterback bounces outside, he puts himself more at risk then staying in the pocket.

That's why Brett Farve never missed a game till he was 40 (when he was actually starting for packers)

It's the texas heat...messes with logic sometimes :\

Try harder?

Newton ran extensively last year and this year, he's never had a concussion in the NFL. In or out of the pocket, QB's can get rocked. Luck and Griffin have taken their fair share so far this year.

seeing the option in the nfl is embarrassing. thats a college offense. COLLEGE. this is the pros.

Which is why I'm glad we took Luck and not RGIII. Can you imagine the Colts and Bruce Arians having to adopt an option offense to cater to RGIII? Then if RGIII gets injured, we'd be left with a backup pocket QB who can't do the option whatsoever so our whole team would have to switch their gameplan on-the-fly.

Which is why I'm glad we took Luck and not RGIII. Can you imagine the Colts and Bruce Arians having to adopt an option offense to cater to RGIII? Then if RGIII gets injured, we'd be left with a backup pocket QB who can't do the option whatsoever so our whole team would have to switch their gameplan on-the-fly.

to me this is babying the qb. that is why cam is having a bad year. defenses adopted to his college offense.

to me this is babying the qb. that is why cam is having a bad year. defenses adopted to his college offense.

Funny thing is, this was the Giants second time playing the Redskins and they had weeks of film, and their defensive line was still rendered useless. People are so quick to dismiss the zone read, that they overlook the complexity of the Redskins implementation of it.

And to be purely objective of this, defenses caught on to Cam Newton around Week 6 of the season and his production went down dramatically. Why hasn't the Redskins offense been figured out after 13 weeks? Because it's a little bit more complex than arm chair quarterbacks think.

That's one of the top defensive lines in the NFL in the second matchup. What makes that significant is this same play (and formation) can be setup to give the ball to Alfred Morris and the receivers are still running routes and the defense has to take into account that the QB can run and throw. Call it what you want, it's effective.

Funny thing is, this was the Giants second time playing the Redskins and they had weeks of film, and their defensive line was still rendered useless. People are so quick to dismiss the zone read, that they overlook the complexity of the Redskins implementation of it.

And to be purely objective of this, defenses caught on to Cam Newton around Week 6 of the season and his production went down dramatically. Why hasn't the Redskins offense been figured out after 13 weeks? Because it's a little bit more complex than arm chair quarterbacks think.

That's one of the top defensive lines in the NFL in the second matchup. What makes that significant is this same play (and formation) can be setup to give the ball to Alfred Morris and the receivers are still running routes and the defense has to take into account that the QB can run and throw. Call it what you want, it's effective.

im gonna give you a couple of people who ran the option. vince young and cam newton. ones a bum that couldnt even make the bills and the other is as useless as a poopy favored lollipop. this kind of offense is a short-term solution.it wont continue to work.

im gonna give you a couple of people who ran the option. vince young and cam newton. ones a bum that couldnt even make the bills and the other is as useless as a poopy favored lollipop. this kind of offense is a short-term solution.it wont continue to work.

2 things about that and I touched on one earlier.

1. Vince Young never had an arm like Griffin, ever. He wasn't the most accurate and he didn't run much option in the NFL. Actually, Vince Young has a pretty good W-L percentage come to think about it. He could have gotten better if he put the work into it.

2. Cam Newton was figured out before the halfway mark last season and his production spiked.

You have to take into account 2 things when you are talking about an offense, who is running it and who is coaching it. Week in and week out, Griffin is efficiently running that offense, and to date, they have never been out of a game this season, no matter the opponent. One thing about offenses is they usually get figured out pretty quick. I read that teams usually have 3 weeks of film on a team. That being the case, we are going into Week 14 and honestly, if teams haven't stopped it yet, then it's a good chance that they won't. And that's where Shanny comes in at. He is a good enough coach to mix and match different formations and schemes to throw teams off that think that they figured it out.

The option hasn't worked in the NFL because you usually don't have a QB with all the tools that can run it. The guy has pinpoint accuracy and athletic enough to run this offense to perfections. People spend so much time criticizing the offense that they don't realize that it is the end of the season and teams still can't defend it.

2 things about that and I touched on one earlier.

1. Vince Young never had an arm like Griffin, ever. He wasn't the most accurate and he didn't run much option in the NFL. Actually, Vince Young has a pretty good W-L percentage come to think about it. He could have gotten better if he put the work into it.

2. Cam Newton was figured out before the halfway mark last season and his production spiked.

You have to take into account 2 things when you are talking about an offense, who is running it and who is coaching it. Week in and week out, Griffin is efficiently running that offense, and to date, they have never been out of a game this season, no matter the opponent. One thing about offenses is they usually get figured out pretty quick. I read that teams usually have 3 weeks of film on a team. That being the case, we are going into Week 14 and honestly, if teams haven't stopped it yet, then it's a good chance that they won't. And that's where Shanny comes in at. He is a good enough coach to mix and match different formations and schemes to throw teams off that think that they figured it out.

The option hasn't worked in the NFL because you usually don't have a QB with all the tools that can run it. The guy has pinpoint accuracy and athletic enough to run this offense to perfections. People spend so much time criticizing the offense that they don't realize that it is the end of the season and teams still can't defend it.

i hate when they bring up young's win loss record because its foolish. hes not the only reason why they win games. i wouldnt say cam was figured out because hes was still dominating last year. theres a reason why the option doesnt stick in the nfl and its because its not hard to figure out. its all about defensives not being discipline to their assignments that makes it successful. cam has just as big an arm as rg3 and im pretty sure hes just as fast so why cant cam run it in his second year

i hate when they bring up young's win loss record because its foolish. hes not the only reason why they win games. i wouldnt say cam was figured out because hes was still dominating last year. theres a reason why the option doesnt stick in the nfl and its because its not hard to figure out. its all about defensives not being discipline to their assignments that makes it successful. cam has just as big an arm as rg3 and im pretty sure hes just as fast so why cant cam run it in his second year

I'm an Auburn fan so I saw Cam up close and personal and he was never the best passer. He had a strong arm but he wasn't accurate on the short to intermediate throws. He has gotten better but RG3 was pretty accurate on all levels. Also, if you paid attention to any Carolina games, he was stinking it up the second half of the season.

The Redskins offense has been effective all year against good defenses. Even if you go back to Steelers game, the receivers dropped like 10 passes, some in the end zone. All I'm saying is, defenses figure out an offense pretty quickly. It's been 13 weeks and defenses are still wondering.

And you have to give Vince Young some credit. Remember Chris Johnson's 2000 yard year (which I won't get into on this website...lmbo)

Thinking back to big QB injuries... Manning's neck injury occurred in the pocket Brady's blown out knee happened in the pocket, Carson Palmer the same thing. Bledsoe's was out of the pocket. Aikman/Steve Young both got concussions in and out of the pocket. That bloody cut Eli Manning took in the preseason a couple of years ago was in the pocket. Peyton's broken jaw occurred in the pocket. Roethlisberger has been banged up in and out of the pocket, same thing with Vick, & Mcnabb. Marino & Montana missed games and Marino was rarely out of the pocket. Montana moved around a bit more, but it's not like he was Elway out on the bootleg so often.

It all comes down to each individual play, the hit, and the player involved. Luck is bigger/thicker/stronger than Griffin, but that won't make him immune from injury.

It's football injuries happen.

I'm an Auburn fan so I saw Cam up close and personal and he was never the best passer. He had a strong arm but he wasn't accurate on the short to intermediate throws. He has gotten better but RG3 was pretty accurate on all levels. Also, if you paid attention to any Carolina games, he was stinking it up the second half of the season.

The Redskins offense has been effective all year against good defenses. Even if you go back to Steelers game, the receivers dropped like 10 passes, some in the end zone. All I'm saying is, defenses figure out an offense pretty quickly. It's been 13 weeks and defenses are still wondering.

And you have to give Vince Young some credit. Remember Chris Johnson's 2000 yard year (which I won't get into on this website...lmbo)

so answer me this. you think this kind of offense is good enough to win a championship

So what? I'm going to bring up the names of quarterbacks who came out of a pro style offense and weren't babied in college, as you seem to love to accuse: Jimmy Clausen, Matt Leinart

so answer me this. you think this kind of offense is good enough to win a championship

Considering they just beat the reigning Super Bowl champs and should have beat them in their first meeting, yep. But the thing to realize is the Redskins problem isn't their offense. Their defense (more specifically secondary) is not that good. They are on course to have given up the most passing yards in NFL history.

not really. you don't have two players running full speed in different directions in a pocket hit. plus luck is much bigger & stronger than grif

Blindsides and sacks can end being much worse in the long haul than getting hit as a runner. 12 and Griffin are both big guys, I don't see why that should be part of the argument.

Considering they just beat the reigning Super Bowl champs and should have beat them in their first meeting, yep. But the thing to realize is the Redskins problem isn't their offense. Their defense (more specifically secondary) is not that good. They are on course to have given up the most passing yards in NFL history.

They basically had them beat until the defense gave up the TD to Cruz. No one ever wants to give the Redskins offense credit. A head scratcher.

They basically had them beat until the defense gave up the TD to Cruz. No one ever wants to give the Redskins offense credit. A head scratcher.

That's all I've been trying to say. Anybody who has looked at their games can't say that most of their losses were because of the offense. I give them the Steelers (which was a terrible showing on the WRs) and the Panthers (I don't know what happened that game..lol) but they have been in almost every game.

That's all I've been trying to say. Anybody who has looked at their games can't say that most of their losses were because of the offense. I give them the Steelers (which was a terrible showing on the WRs) and the Panthers (I don't know what happened that game..lol) but they have been in almost every game.

Yep, and I expect them to be for the rest of this season too. Griffin elevates the play of those around him and it is noticeable. I remember when his receivers had a bad case of the drops lol and that cost them at least one game. Imagine if he had a better receiving core...combined with the rushing attack the Redskins offense would be near the top in the league.

I believe your use of the "Homecoming" for the Panthers rubbed some of their players the wrong way. I think they took it personal, and played with an increased level.

you say that like the giants are the best team in the league. no one has them as going back to the super bowl.