Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

coltsgoodin

Why's everyone gettin' all emotional about possibly playin' the Broncos in the Playoffs?

88 posts in this topic

I'd rather play the Ravens.

Because the Ravens, frankly, aren't very good.

2 people like this

This thread will be littered with examples of why this is the worst possible scenario. Some people will be able to discuss the topic, and there will be plenty of examples of ignorance at its best.

Just be careful what you ask for.

i think many fans will be like elis & peytons parents watching a SB between the 2 no matter the outcome u cry for joy for 1 & heartbreak for the other when its done

The media will have a field day with it next year as well, it makes for a great story line, Luck can handle it, if we lose the game (if we play them this year or any year until Manning retires) it wont be because Luck cant handle the pressure, it will be because we have only 1 Corner (whos skills Im hoping shows up by then) and thats Davis, even then we will have to compensate for not having an O Line. we could get blown out but I also could see us winning but were going to have to go through heck to do it

I would embrace the match-up. It would be purely poetic and no matter the result, an NFL fans dream.

Surely, after all the over-hyped Patriots match-ups us Colts fans have endured, the threat of hyperbole wouldn't sway us from enjoying this?

Personally, I wouldn't want to have it any other way.

There are many reasons I don't want to play Denver, but this is reason #1: Peyton would destroy this secondary. He would play them like clowns. Give us Flacco and we might have a game.

The Colts still have to make it though, and that's not guaranteed.

The Colts are probably in, they just have to beat the Titans and Chiefs to get there. However, I agree the Ravens would be a better match up. The Colts D is now stronger against the run than the pass. I would rather play against Flacco and Ray Rice than Manning and the Broncos offense. Either way, the Colts just winning one playoff game will be extremely difficult.

I haven't sensed any sort of emotional drama regarding the possibility of playing the Manning led Broncos but regardless, if we play Denver....IMHO we're going to get detail disassembled. I could be wrong but I don't see Manning EVER losing that 1st game against Indy under any circumstances, much less in Mile High...in the playoffs (but I will allow that Manning can at rare times, lay eggs).

And for me personally, though I guess it is in some sort of sentimental sense fitting to play the Broncos in the playoffs this season...I am looking forward to a possible rematch with the Patriots*.

I'm over Manning. But I'll NEVER be over the rivalry with the Patriots*.

*Cheated their way to 3 Super Bowl victories and more than likely stole 2 Super Bowl appearances from the Indianapolis Colts.

I would prefer to take the easiest road to the playoffs I'm thinking Denver will end up the number 1 seed based off their marshmallow soft remaining schedule. Baltimore will still win the division but will end up at number four Texans will move down to number two, NE will be number three as they will lose to San Fran and maybe even Houston.

Colts will play Baltimore and Cincy or Pitt will play New England in the wild card rounds. I think we have the better chance of beating B'more and I'm pretty sure NE will be either team. given that scenario we play Denver in the divisional round....

If this plays out Im going to get sick.

Hahaha,...funny thread.

funnier replies...

heres one...

remember when Denver was easily beat because while they were a threat, they didn't really have a great QB. We just sat back and let Peyton beat them handily.

Yea, those days are over.