Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Denver (-10) at Oakland

oldunclemark

I think the Broncos cover it this time but you never know with garbage time Carson Palmer, he might make it interesting just like the Broncos-Bucs game at the end by cutting a deficit to 8 or something.

It all boils down to Matt Prater, Denver keeping the spread.

He missed 2 FGs in Kansas City, so they did not cover the spread. Otherwise, they do.

If he misses 1 or 2 more, I think they bring in competition. If he kicks good, then Denver covers the spread.

I think the Broncos cover it this time but you never know with garbage time Carson Palmer, he might make it interesting just like the Broncos-Bucs game at the end by cutting a deficit to 8 or something.

It all boils down to Matt Prater, Denver keeping the spread.

He missed 2 FGs in Kansas City, so they did not cover the spread. Otherwise, they do.

If he misses 1 or 2 more, I think they bring in competition. If he kicks good, then Denver covers the spread.

I wouldnt blame the kicker...for missing a 45-50-yarder

...one thing in support of what you're saying...Peyton Manning does not come out of the game. he's there to work for 4 quarters.

Its got to be a blowout for him to take a seat...

...one thing in support of what you're saying...Peyton Manning does not come out of the game. he's there to work for 4 quarters.

He missed another 30-40 yarder too in the KC game. He makes one of those 2, the spread is covered.

I am a little worried about Prater. He's usually a really great kicker (or has until now) who has no trouble with 45+, very reliable and clutch, but he has been dicey lately. I hope he can fix whatever is wrong before the post season.

Sure. Allen's father's passing is also a point of motivation, perhaps. Me being overconfident is a bad sign, too. But the Broncos is far superior. We shall see. It looks like it's going to be dry at least here on Thursday.

No doubt, I def think Broncos are the superior team, by a large margin, but my gut feeling says trap game. This one will be close.

No doubt, I def think Broncos are the superior team, by a large margin, but my gut feeling says trap game. This one will be close.

Yep, it does have the feeling of a trap game. But as we know, when was the last time Peyton looked past an opponent? That is the thing with Peyton and Brady in the regular season, they just do not let their guard down much. I do think a team's winning culture is derived from their QB top down.

Look at the Chargers prior to this year - they would beat someone they were not supposed to beat and lose to someone they are not supposed to lose to. Same with Flacco and the Ravens in the AFC, IMO

If manning can't beat Oakland than manning - s-u-c-k-s!!!!! The raiders are the most confused offense and defensive's team

in football how they even won a game I'll never know. The raiders are the most disorganized team in football they look most of

the time like they don't even know what a team is. OK, MAYBE THIS IS A TRAP? DOUBT IT!!!! BUT THEN AGAIN I'M AN OLD RAIDERS FAN AND NOT A MANNING FAN, SO!!! GO RAIDERS!!!!!

If manning can't beat Oakland than manning - s-u-c-k-s!!!!! The raiders are the most confused offense and defensive's team

in football how they even won a game I'll never know. The raiders are the most disorganized team in football they look most of

the time like they don't even know what a team is. OK, MAYBE THIS IS A TRAP? DOUBT IT!!!! BUT THEN AGAIN I'M AN OLD RAIDERS FAN AND NOT A MANNING FAN, SO!!! GO RAIDERS!!!!!

I agree! The Raiders are so, so sad even I have sympathy for them at this point. It's really hard to keep my haterism going now that Al is gone. I think the Broncos is going to be fine, they better be. It would ruin my party Thursday night!

I agree! The Raiders are so, so sad even I have sympathy for them at this point. It's really hard to keep my haterism going now that Al is gone. I think the Broncos is going to be fine, they better be. It would ruin my party Thursday night!

they may play hard , or at least try for coach , Its not same as Pagano, but never know

Father of Raiders coach Dennis Allen dies at 66

Dennis Allen had left the Raiders on Sunday night to go to the Dallas area to be with his father, who was hospitalized last week. Dennis Allen is expected to rejoin the team Wednesday night and coach Oakland against Denver on Thursday night.

Read more:Father of Raiders coach Dennis Allen dies at 66 - The Denver Posthttp://www.denverpos...6#ixzz2E6uSag5U

REST IN PEACE

The chance of the raiders beating the broncos is like the chance the worlds coming to an end today!!

But does that mean I should start praying!! LOL!!!

The chance of the raiders beating the broncos is like the chance the worlds coming to an end today!!

But does that mean I should start praying!! LOL!!!

Has Peyton ever lost a thursday night game, dont think so, Still rember that startling performance Vs Jacksonville the year won MVP by winning last 8 games in row to make playoffs

also seems like its usually always away game too

I am a little worried about Prater. He's usually a really great kicker (or has until now) who has no trouble with 45+, very reliable and clutch, but he has been dicey lately. I hope he can fix whatever is wrong before the post season.

Its the last bastion of the broken down gambler to blame the kicker...

They arent 100%....never were never will be..

Bottom line....Give 10 at Oakland at your own risk.

Many say..NEVER give 10 points on the road in the NFL...

never is a long, long time

Its the last bastion of the broken down gambler to blame the kicker...

They arent 100%....never were never will be..

Bottom line....Give 10 at Oakland at your own risk.

Many say..NEVER give 10 points on the road in the NFL...

never is a long, long time

Yes, apparently not never ;) We have two of those this year already against our division rivals. I cannot remember that last time that happened if ever.

Broncos defense has been confounded by opposing tight ends all season

Broncos linebacker Wesley Woodyard did not practice Tuesday because of a sprained ankle. It looks unlikely he will be able to recover enough to play Thursday night in Oakland.

That would put rookie Danny Trevathan and D.J. Williams in position to be a part of the Broncos' latest attempt to solve a defensive riddle that has vexed them for much of the season.

Consider that 35 percent of the touchdown passes that opposing offenses have manufactured against the Broncos defense this season have come from opposing tight ends. Seven tight ends, starting with the Steelers' Heath Miller in the season opener, have caught touchdown passes against the Broncos this season.

In addition to Miller, that list now includes: Tony Gonzalez, Owen Daniels, Antonio Gates, Jimmy Graham, Greg Olsen and Dallas Clark. Toss in the fact that Bengals tight end Jermaine Gresham topped 100 yards receiving, and the argument could be made that the Broncos defense hasn't had a bigger issue thus far this season.

33 percent of Palmer's completions this season having gone to RB's, led by fullback Marcel Reece's 46 catches.

Combined, the Raiders, tight ends and running backs have 179 receptions this season, or 58.5 percent of Palmer's completions.

That presents a potentially heavy workload for the Broncos' linebackers and safeties in coverage.

When Woodwards in the lineup, and it's plenty since he's the team's leading tackler and also leads in interceptions, Woodyard is a big part of that plan because of his speed.

The Raiders will likely attack the Broncos out of plenty of two-back and two-tight end looks in the game, because it is a strength of their offense and it has also been a tough thing for the Broncos defense.

Read more:Broncos defense has been confounded by opposing tight ends all season - The Denver Posthttp://www.denverpos...t#ixzz2EAugzMSe

Broncos' D.J. Williams may start in place of injured Wesley Woodyard

Read more:Broncos' D.J. Williams may start in place of injured Wesley Woodyard - The Denver Posthttp://www.denverpos...d#ixzz2EAx2YPEy

He missed another 30-40 yarder too in the KC game. He makes one of those 2, the spread is covered.

Kickers make most kicks..I never blame the kicker..You have to score TDs

FROM A Q & A SESSION

Do we need to be worried about Matt Prater? He seems to be missing quite a few kicks lately.

---Jake, Marion, Iowa

You should always worry about kickers.. Prater goes through a mini-funk every year but he's always come out of it. No one expects a golfer to win a tournament every weekend - why can't kickers lose their swing every once in a while?

The answer of course, is because they can't. This is the NFL. There are only 16 games. Every kick matters.

In recent years, I had never seen a kicker lose it like Nick Folk did for the Dallas Cowboys in 2009. He was superb as a rookie in 2007 and nailed 20 of 22 field-goal tries in 2008. But he suffered from a hip flexor and then the yips in 2009. After he missed a 23-yard field goal late in the season, he was released.

Folk rebounded with some clutch kicks with the New York Jets in 2010 so he didn't succumb to Steve Blass Disease, or whatever it is kickers call it.

Prater struggled with the 40 to 49 yard field goals in 2008 and again last year, going 8 for 18 in those two years combined from that distance. As you might have guessed, he was better from 50-plus yards where he converted 8 of 10.

Same thing this year. He's missed three field goals from the 40s and one from the 30s, but he's 3 of 4 from beyond 50.

I think what Prater needs is a do-or-die field goal at the buzzer. Make and the Broncos win. Miss and the Broncos lose. He seems to do well in those situations.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncosmailbag/ci_22124426/broncos-mailbag-peyton-manning-john-fox-is-it

Same Q & A

I've picked up on something I know opposing defenses must have also.

Peyton Manning needs to switch his audible calls. Any time he uses a land animal (one Sunday example was "buffalo"), they are going to run.

I've noticed this for at least two weeks now, and I'm sure it's been all season. Could you pass on the advice?

---Brandon, Farmington, N.M.

Nice ear. The press box is not always the best place to observe the game. As the NFL has discovered from its declining attendance in recent years, there's no place like home.

http://www.denverpos...-john-fox-is-it

Tis the season for Broncos to run the ball

The one area where the Broncos are short, though, is in the running game. It’s hard to run when Peyton Manning is throwing 8-yard passes to the high post all game, but I do wonder if Manning needs to dial back his passing game down the stretch. Put an emphasis on the running game because there may be one playoff game in the cold of January when the Broncos will need to run to advance.

Right now, the Broncos rank No. 22 in rushing even though they’re playing against nickel defense

“I know that’s certainly something that coach Fox and [offensive coordinator) Coach (Mike) McCoy emphasized (Tuesday),'' Manning said. "That is something that we feel like we have to be able to do and do better. Especially as potential weather approaches, that run game is something you want to have clicking on all cylinders. I know the offensive line hears that challenge, as do the backs and everybody. Everybody is involved. It's me getting us in the right plays and everybody doing their job to give [RB] Knowshon [Moreno] and those guys a chance to get some positive yards. I believe that is something that is going to be a point of emphasis down the stretch.”

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2012/12/05/tis-season-broncos-run-ball/17340/

The way this season is going...... what really is a "for sure" win....??? Crazy season so far

it really is a weird season every week

Broncos-Raiders Wednesday Injury Report

DT Seymore is out

, stokley questionable

& woodyard Doubtful,

I wouldnt count on those 2 unless stokel;y needed late and is dressed

Looks Like Raiders will have McFadden back for 1st time in a while, missed 4 weeks, should be fresh unless still has some health issues with ankle but their practice reports were saying he made great cutbacks

http://www.milehighr...y-injury-report

it really is a weird season every week

Broncos-Raiders Wednesday Injury Report

DT Seymore is out

, stokley questionable

& woodyard Doubtful,

I wouldnt count on those 2 unless stokel;y needed late and is dressed

Looks Like Raiders will have McFadden back for 1st time in a while, missed 4 weeks, should be fresh unless still has some health issues with ankle but their practice reports were saying he made great cutbacks

http://www.milehighr...y-injury-report

Thanks. I'm looking forward to seeing DJ/Danny play more. I wonder how they are doing after abandoning their failed attempt at zone blocking scheme. I haven't been following the Raiders much this year—no reason to, thankfully.

Thanks. I'm looking forward to seeing DJ/Danny play more. I wonder how they are doing after abandoning their failed attempt at zone blocking scheme. I haven't been following the Raiders much this year—no reason to, thankfully.

Actually Raiders get back Mcfadden & Goodson , the # 2 back so 4 fresh legs

Knowshon Moreno key to helping balance Denver Broncos' offense against Oakland Raiders

For now, it's a moot point to talk about the exceptional play of Peyton Manning. There's no reason to think Manning, a leading NFL MVP candidate, will cool off in the Black Hole.

What Oakland presents is a chance for Broncos to keep tuning up their running game without Willis McGahee,

The Raiders also are No. 28 in run defense, so the opportunity will be there for the Broncos offensive line to wear them down and get Moreno going to support Manning.

Moreno had success with his 24 combined touches for 111 yards in his Nov. 25 start against the Kansas City Chiefs,

the same exact workload a week later against Tampa Bay Buccaneers' stouter run defense that produced 83 yards.

Expect Moreno to be busy again, first to help set up play-action pass plays for Manning, and later to help grind down the clock with what figures to be a big lead.

http://www.oregonlive.com/nfl/index.ssf/2012/12/knowshon_moreno_key_to_helping.html

Knowshon Moreno key to helping balance Denver Broncos' offense against Oakland Raiders

For now, it's a moot point to talk about the exceptional play of Peyton Manning. There's no reason to think Manning, a leading NFL MVP candidate, will cool off in the Black Hole.

What Oakland presents is a chance for Broncos to keep tuning up their running game without Willis McGahee,

The Raiders also are No. 28 in run defense, so the opportunity will be there for the Broncos offensive line to wear them down and get Moreno going to support Manning.

Moreno had success with his 24 combined touches for 111 yards in his Nov. 25 start against the Kansas City Chiefs,

the same exact workload a week later against Tampa Bay Buccaneers' stouter run defense that produced 83 yards.

Expect Moreno to be busy again, first to help set up play-action pass plays for Manning, and later to help grind down the clock with what figures to be a big lead.

http://www.oregonlive.com/nfl/index.ssf/2012/12/knowshon_moreno_key_to_helping.html

I hope Knowshon has a good game tonight. I've been so impressed with him for not getting down emotionally and keep grinding. it couldn't have been easy for him.

I hope Knowshon has a good game tonight. I've been so impressed with him for not getting down emotionally and keep grinding. it couldn't have been easy for him.

analogy, its very easy to give up, but untill u r counted out u must fight

similarly with health issues , after gaining 90 pounds as they tried to diagnose me ( picture going 135 to 225 pounds on a 5'4" frame in 9 months ) , then post op infection and basically a beached whale when once was aerobics 4 x a week after work , i could of easily gave up, Drs now use me as example for others how the body can if the mind is willing fight back, lost all weight, walk when told shouldnt be able to, and have a good life , only problem I really hate right now is gained back 12 - 15 pounds in last few years as metabolism slowed as cant work out anymore with my situation, trying varying own designed diets to help alter this, at least have stabilized , & untill i was so disabled couldnt work out i held that weifgt off for af good 23 years

am i touting my own horn YES , I am quite proud of myself for not giving up

& so should Moreno and all peoples in life that just keep fighting and do the best they can no matter what life throws at them

Its what its all about 'B'.....

....battling through the hard times....I know it gets you down..but you fight and soem light shows up..

...like Moreno .he had no reason..after 7 or 8 games to think he'd get back into play this year at al.

Now, he's a key player,,,and I think you're right...he'll be on the move tonight against the raider 'D' which will be playing the 5-man nickel coverage to stop Peyton

analogy, its very easy to give up, but untill u r counted out u must fight

similarly with health issues , after gaining 90 pounds as they tried to diagnose me ( picture going 135 to 225 pounds on a 5'4" frame in 9 months ) , then post op infection and basically a beached whale when once was aerobics 4 x a week after work , i could of easily gave up, Drs now use me as example for others how the body can if the mind is willing fight back, lost all weight, walk when told shouldnt be able to, and have a good life , only problem I really hate right now is gained back 12 - 15 pounds in last few years as metabolism slowed as cant work out anymore with my situation, trying varying own designed diets to help alter this, at least have stabilized , & untill i was so disabled couldnt work out i held that weifgt off for af good 23 years

am i touting my own horn YES , I am quite proud of myself for not giving up

& so should Moreno and all peoples in life that just keep fighting and do the best they can no matter what life throws at them

Barry, you are amazing.

I think toughness and patience are two most important attributes we can develop. And props to Knowshon for not giving up after all the injuries and demotion he's suffered. It would be nice if he can turn this into a success story long term.

Barry, you are amazing.

I think toughness and patience are two most important attributes we can develop. And props to Knowshon for not giving up after all the injuries and demotion he's suffered. It would be nice if he can turn this into a success story long term.

Nothing amazing about it, just realize there are always those worse off than u and that u want to prevent getting closer to those unfortunate individuals

Broncos' Chris Kuper downgraded to questionable for game at Oakland

ankle acting up afterr practicing I imagine

If Kuper doesn't play, it means the Broncos would be without three starters as he would join linebacker Wesley Woodyard and slot receiver Brandon Stokley. Woodyard is out with an ankle injury and Stokley is questionable with a hip injury.

Read more:Broncos' Chris Kuper downgraded to questionable for game at Oakland - The Denver Posthttp://www.denverpos...s#ixzz2EIyn8JRR

HOW BRONCOS SEE THIS GAME , Q & A with them

In preparation for this weeks exciting game we wanted to spend some time with one of the writers from the Raiders site, Silver and Black Pride. Levi Damien was nice enough to answer a few of my questions and help me understand where the enemy is coming from.

http://www.milehighreport.com/2012/12/6/3732000/a-few-good-questions-with-silver-and-black-pride

A Peyton Manning problem with Raiders? His history in Oakland is less than positive

Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning is second in the NFL with a 68 percent completion rate this season. And he has completed at least 70 percent of his passes in seven games.

But in his only two previous career games in Oakland — both December games — he didn’t reach 57 percent.

Chart with game stats given in article

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2012/12/05/peyton-manning-problem-raiders-history-oakland-positive/17351/

ENJOY THE GAME ALL< GO PEYTON < GO COLTS< I JUST HOPE I CAN STAY UP

have a great night

Yes he did...just glad he wasn't ahead by 9 at the time :goodluck:

Hey, who's keeping track? :D

Besides they could have scored more at the end of the game if they wanted to. John Fox showed respect for Allen.

theres a group that does stock game picking for the week and may use this, i noticed in some threads some questions of this high a spread on the road and which to take, that's why i noted it 1st thing , it was covered in my OP

in topic

http://forums.colts....ts/#entry352362

as far as scoring more, I actually wanted them to try for a TD as were having redzone issue, so better to practice in game situation than in practice drills , couldnt care if was by run or pass but wanted another , 2 of 7 red zone TDs isnt good and Broncos were great at that before this game

Ramirez though allowed redzone sacks , that was 1 issue

He scares me if kuper cant go Vs Ravens & in playoffs