Photo

Must win vs. Tennessee

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
75 replies to this topic

#41 Coltswarriors

Coltswarriors
  • 2155 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:08 PM

It's really not that far fetched to think we will beat them at Houston either.

You said this earlier this week and I hope you're right.

I just don't see us sweeping the Texans and plus we don't play our best football on the road.

Hope you're right though! :)

Game Rewind: Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind. Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind.

#42 manning04

manning04
  • 939 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:33 PM

I think the fact some AFC north teams that are playing for PO spots play each other only benefits us. I think if anything.. i was very glad to see K.C win this week. i think that mentally lifts weight off of their shoulders to get that emotional victory out the way. I don't think the Texans rest their starters regardless of the circumstance especially if it could knock us out of a WC spot. if we can steal a win in Houston that would make things very interesting. This titans game would be a great time to put together a complete game.

This post is brought to you today by Qdoba!

#43 SteelCityColt

SteelCityColt
  • Forum Moderator
  • 5176 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:55 PM

I'd say 2-2 is realistic but isn't going to be a given. The Steelers win over the Ravens was a killer considering Big Ben was out.

The Benegals didn't look so good against SD but the Chargers gave them that game on a plate.

It does work in our favour they have to play each other at least.

Gut feel is we scrape it and it might well go down to the last game of the season.

#44 Playoffs2013

Playoffs2013
  • 775 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:10 PM

really? 27-10.....I didnt think that was easy and it was Jax

we handily controlled the score The whole game, it was easy
Sign Avril over Kruger

#45 BLOODontheTRACKS

BLOODontheTRACKS
  • 9903 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:17 PM

If they can't improve their seeding i think they will.. Seems to be conventional wisdom with everyone except the patriots

kubiak coached under shannahan and resting players cost them the year the jags upset them in the first round...next year the broncos decided not to rest players and they won the first of back to back super bowls. that was the story "stink" told anyway.

i thought resting players with a first round bye cost the packers last year, offensively anyway, rodgers just looked off.

#46 oldunclemark

oldunclemark
  • 18724 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:16 PM

No, that wasn't me.... I predicted us to lose to the Jets...

OK....I was wrong.......

#47 oldunclemark

oldunclemark
  • 18724 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:17 PM

Oh yes it is.....

You're coming down with Colt-mania :D

#48 oldunclemark

oldunclemark
  • 18724 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:18 PM

we handily controlled the score The whole game, it was easy

we have not won a game decisively in my mind all season....

Its been great..but we dont beat anybody us

#49 JWF

JWF
  • 1056 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:01 AM

They're all must wins at this point. But I get what the OP is trying to say.

I expect this game to be another close one....of course every game weve won this year outside of the 2nd Jags game was close.

#50 funktacious2

funktacious2
  • 1798 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:28 AM

Considering 9-7 may not be enough to make the playoffs, I'd have to agree that losing at home to the Titans may be a massive blow to our playoffs hopes, but it could also mean little if the Steelers and Bengals lose some unexpected games. Here's to hoping we get business done and and continue to sit a couple wins above the competition.

#51 ColtsBlueFL

ColtsBlueFL

Off IR but on to the PUP list

• Forum Moderator
  • 3648 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:48 AM

Colts must take care of business in crunch time, especially at home vs. team you are supposed to beat. Should they do their job, the roads trip to KC is hard to call with all of the recent news there.

On another note, Golic (of Mike & Mike) believes Steelers and Bengals get in and we are left out in the cold... Greeney, not so much.
“There’s no question he’s (Luck) a complete football player and one of the top quarterbacks in this league already. He has a great career in front of him but I think he’s already established himself as a very poised and talented player that can do a lot of things to beat you and he manages his team well and plays good situational football.” -New England Patriots Head Coach Bill Belichick

#52 oldunclemark

oldunclemark
  • 18724 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:07 PM

Considering 9-7 may not be enough to make the playoffs, I'd have to agree that losing at home to the Titans may be a massive blow to our playoffs hopes, but it could also mean little if the Steelers and Bengals lose some unexpected games. Here's to hoping we get business done and and continue to sit a couple wins above the competition.

Pitt plays Cincy..somebody has to win next week..

Lets get real....If we cant beat Tennessee at home....we arent beating Houston anywhere..

9-7 will gurantee us the 7th seed

#53 oldunclemark

oldunclemark
  • 18724 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:09 PM

Colts must take care of business in crunch time, especially at home vs. team you are supposed to beat. Should they do their job, the roads trip to KC is hard to call with all of the recent news there.

On another note, Golic (of Mike & Mike) believes Steelers and Bengals get in and we are left out in the cold... Greeney, not so much.

..and they thought about it for about two seconds...

.Greeney (which must be what he's on) thought Jeremy Linn would lead the Knicks to the NBA finals last season, too

#54 hawkeyes

hawkeyes
  • 1673 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:11 PM

This will be the Titans SB ... you can count on them bringing everything they have to beat us and spoil our season.

I think if the Texans beat NE Monday night that they will rest at least one of those two games against us ...

:blueshoe: Lets Go Colts! :blueshoe:

#55 Stephen

Stephen
  • 3020 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:49 PM

If texans beat ne we would prob have zero shot at the division

#56 chad72

chad72
  • 9674 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:03 PM

The issue with that reasoning is that I do not see the Bengals beating the Steelers on the road with Big Ben, and last year they had the same set up hosting the Ravens at home in their last game and folded. Because of how the Steelers and Bengals have to play each other and the Colts dont have to play any of them, the Colts' losses do not result in their wins automatically. One of the Bengals or Steelers get in with the Colts, IMO.

#57 Kyle

Kyle
  • 1541 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:22 PM

OK....I was wrong.......

i accidentally guaranteed a victory vs the jets in a post. The loss was 100% my fault.

#58 The Fish

The Fish
  • 2456 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:27 PM

I'm not seeing this the same way many of you are. I say 9-7 gets in and the only must win is KC. Not to say Tennessee has any business getting a win on Sunday.

Optimistic for 3 more wins.
Expecting 2 more.
1 more gets us in.

Cincy isn't beating Pitt and that will settle it.
"My cats cat breath smells like cat food"

#59 oldunclemark

oldunclemark
  • 18724 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:06 PM

I'm not seeing this the same way many of you are. I say 9-7 gets in and the only must win is KC. Not to say Tennessee has any business getting a win on Sunday.

Optimistic for 3 more wins.
Expecting 2 more.
1 more gets us in.

Cincy isn't beating Pitt and that will settle it.

we win most tieb reakers at 10-6.

But if we're 9-7 we are very vulnerable........Pitt and Cincy could both go 3-1 the rest of the way and send us home...

Cincy could beat Dallas and Baltimore because those games are in Cincinnatti..and they could easily win at Philadelphia..

Pitt plays San Diego, Dallas and Cleveland.........they should won all 3.......

the Pitt-Cincy game then become irrelevent if the Colts fall to 9-7

if Pitt goes 4-0 (they'd be 11-5) and Cincy goes 3-1 (they'd be 10-6)

Bottom line: Unless you feel that Houston will lay down and give us the final game of the year...

the Colts need to beat Tennessee....Its a must game

#60 bayone

bayone

bayone

• 7005 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:14 PM

Jvan....folks have been saying all year that the Texans will rest their regulars in the final week and give us the game.

Does anybody seriously think that's going to happen at this point??

they may rest if beat pats ,, & they may not if they feel like they actually would risk player health knowing they have a bye just to beat up on colts way past colts have dominated them, I am sure their fans would like it
Forgive any typos, try to catch, but have multiple progressive disabilities

#61 bayone

bayone

bayone

• 7005 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:16 PM

But if we're 9-7 we are very vulnerable........Pitt and Cincy could both go 3-1 the rest of the way and send us home...

Cincy could beat Dallas and Baltimore because those games are in Cincinnatti..and they could easily win at Philadelphia..

Bottom line: Unless you feel that Houston will lay down and give us the final game of the year...

We should be able to take them , but its a crazy year where the unpredictable has happened more than just a few times

Have they said who is starting at QB , i realy amn no longer sure who i want toi start for them, all haave ups & downs

#62 bayone

bayone

bayone

• 7005 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:17 PM

The issue with that reasoning is that I do not see the Bengals beating the Steelers on the road with Big Ben, and last year they had the same set up hosting the Ravens at home in their last game and folded. Because of how the Steelers and Bengals have to play each other and the Colts dont have to play any of them, the Colts' losses do not result in their wins automatically. One of the Bengals or Steelers get in with the Colts, IMO.

thats how I see it

#63 DarkHorseColts

DarkHorseColts
  • 334 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:18 PM

Might have been posted elsewhere, but this is fun to play around with:
http://espn.go.com/n...layoffs/machine

#64 The Fish

The Fish
  • 2456 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:22 PM

You could be right, and the best way to handle business is to win, but I don't look at any team that's had less success this season than the Colts as having the inside track for 3 or more wins. I'm confident that Cincy has no business hanging around with Baltimore. If Dallas stays alive, they'll play to win and they can beat Cincy just as easily as not.
We'll see.
"My cats cat breath smells like cat food"

#65 oldunclemark

oldunclemark
  • 18724 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:32 PM

You have a lot more faith in Dallas than I do..and SD, Cleveland, Phily...those are busters

Cincy just crushed the NYGs....and they've been winning.....

We've played a soft schedule....but our final 3 weeks are stronger than dirt

Houston is at least a 10-point favorite over Indianapolis in Houston

#66 Carlos Danger

Carlos Danger
  • 1146 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:08 PM

Yeah I wouldn't count on little brother resting their starters for us.

Not after we clobber them in Houston... :yes:

#67 Manning2Wayne

Manning2Wayne
  • 208 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:30 PM

may be tough game,

Johnson also seems to have got some groove back

good luck

#68 oldunclemark

oldunclemark
  • 18724 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:33 PM

I still like Our chances against KC. The hype and emotion will be substantially less by then, and we might even have Chuck on the sidelines.

Coach Pagaono wont be in KC out doors on the sidleines in cold weather.. I hope
We may have him back indoors....

#69 Kleats

Kleats
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:22 PM

These division meetings./..its going to be close again....

I'm a little concerned about our team being EXPECTED to win ....it adds some weight to to the task

..we have so many rookies on offense..and we really havent beaten any one team decisively all season...

Feels like a trap game to me . The type where a team comes out a little flat and plays down to the level of their competetion . You can get burned that way . Pedal to the metal , get up on these guys early , play solid football the rest of the game and come out with a W .

Last min wins are fun ..... but it's time for a solid W . That's where real confidence comes from .
A winner never quits and a quitter never wins .

#70 SteelCityColt

SteelCityColt
  • Forum Moderator
  • 5176 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:23 PM

Last min wins are fun ..... but it's time for a solid W . That's where real confidence comes from .

Spoilsport, I love having a near heart attack each game :P

It would be good though to have a solid if not spectacular win, good teams win the mundane as well as the great games.

#71 Malakai432

Malakai432
  • 7001 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:37 PM

I get so confused by all these, possibilities? Do we hold the tie breaker vs Pitts and Cincy let's say all of us where tied at 9 games???

Vontae Davis is what happens when an unstoppable force meets and immovable object, then they have a kid! 

Dancing Monkey BAM!  :monkeydance: 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~The Bandit strikes again~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#72 NorCalColt

NorCalColt
  • 739 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:38 PM

I don't think this week is a must win. Two wins need to be found out of four though, I think. That being said, I think the Bengals have as reasonable a chance to lose three of four as winning three of four. Cowboys are as desperate this week as the Benglas, at Philly with nothing to play for but contracts next year, then the Steelers and Ravens. My two cents is the Bengals eliminate themselves, which could make for an interesting (and meaningless) game in week 17 for the Colts and Texans, with both teams in, and maybe even seeds set.

#73 Warhorse

Warhorse
  • 3732 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:44 PM

One playoff game would be nice for the experience it will give the new players on the team. We dont have the depth and experience to go much farther than that.

"Anyone a die harder fan? I will be there believing to the end. Who is with me?" Thread started by Steveeoaktree33 at 2:49 PM of the day the Colts executed the second largest comeback in NFL playoff history. Very few concurred.

#74 Gramz

Gramz
  • 3344 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:48 PM

One playoff game would be nice for the experience it will give the new players on the team. We dont have the depth and experience to go much farther than that.

I tend to agree :agree: with you on all points.

........however, it has been a really strange season, all around, so Who really knows...???

Don't get confused between my personality and my attitude.  My Personality is who I am, My ATTITUDE depends on who you are.  

#75 ColtsBlueFL

ColtsBlueFL

Off IR but on to the PUP list

• Forum Moderator
  • 3648 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:19 AM

s

Steelers - Bengal is one game... We know 1 team comes out on top. It's the other 3 games for each we need to watch. i don't know tie breaks if Cincy and Pitt both end up 10-6.
“There’s no question he’s (Luck) a complete football player and one of the top quarterbacks in this league already. He has a great career in front of him but I think he’s already established himself as a very poised and talented player that can do a lot of things to beat you and he manages his team well and plays good situational football.” -New England Patriots Head Coach Bill Belichick

#76 funktacious2

funktacious2
  • 1798 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:09 AM

Pitt plays Cincy..somebody has to win next week..

Lets get real....If we cant beat Tennessee at home....we arent beating Houston anywhere..

9-7 will gurantee us the 7th seed

We lost to Jacksonville but beat Green Bay. I think anything could happen, and since these threads are all about hypotheticals anyways, I'd don't think it's too absurd to consider the possibilities. Also, it's unfortunate that the "7th" seed won't be enough to make the playoffs (I assume this was a typo lol) But in all seriousness, I just don't feel confident that 9 wins is enough. Pittsburgh can easily finish with 10 wins, and Cincy, while not near as likely, could too.

COLTS TICKETS!

Single Game Tickets Available!

BUY THEM TODAY!
Join the Stampede!

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      25 Nov
    Skelly

Happy Thanksgiving, and a early Merry Christmas to all. I'm out of here until the New Year with lots of good times to spend with the famn damily.

View All Updates