Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

rookie passing record

betheafan41

Luck breaking Cam Newtons rookie single season passing yards record.   

97 members have voted

1. 1. when will Andrew Luck pass Cam Newton in rookie passing yards?

• Home against Tennessee
    • In Houston
    • Home against Kansas City

luck is only 455 yards shy of breaking cam newtons passing yard record for a single season. i think he can do it this weekend against tennessee seeing he tends to play better at home. it will be tough though

Hopefully we will be playing with a lead this week. So not that many pass yards.. I see it happening in Houston

luck is only 455 yards shy of breaking cam newtons passing yard record for a single season. i think he can do it this weekend against tennessee seeing he tends to play better at home. it will be tough though

So you are predicting he breaks his own single game passing record to break the season rookie record against Tennessee?

Houston.

We will need to pass for a bunch a yards to even come close. But hey if Jacksonville can do it, why not us?

I think it was a combination of sleeping on the Jags, not expecting Henne to throw the ball downfield, defensive miscues, and the overlooked aspect of us playing a physically/emotionally draining game at Chicago the week before. Remember the Bears gave up 32 points to...Kaepernick?! I think they were feeling the after affects like we were. There were more than a few guys that came back with flu like symptoms from that game.

We finally got some rest and took Tennessee to the slaughterhouse...one thing is for sure we won't be sleeping on the Colts.

I think it was a combination of sleeping on the Jags, not expecting Henne to throw the ball downfield, defensive miscues, and the overlooked aspect of us playing a physically/emotionally draining game at Chicago the week before. Remember the Bears gave up 32 points to...Kaepernick?! I think they were feeling the after affects like we were. There were more than a few guys that came back with flu like symptoms from that game.

We finally got some rest and took Tennessee to the slaughterhouse...one thing is for sure we won't be sleeping on the Colts.

Yep. That's for sure.

This is a valid point; however, I'm hoping that we have the Titans game firmly in hand and AL doesn't need to throw for 455+ yards...

Absolutely, personally, I don't see the Colts taking a game against the Texans at Reliant. Texans play very well at home and with our road woes? Yeah probably not happening.

But week 17? Pagano coming back to the sideline playing against the Texans at LOS. I think we could steal one. We play much better at home and the crowd will be electric.

Absolutely, personally, I don't see the Colts taking a game against the Texans at Reliant. Texans play very well at home and with our road woes? Yeah probably not happening.

But week 17? Pagano coming back to the sideline playing against the Texans at LOS. I think we could steal one. We play much better at home and the crowd will be electric.

It will be tough to win against the Texans, period, i think we all know that. It would be my prediction that we win 1 out of the next 4 games. If we win 1 or fewer games out of the next 4, I'm still going to be proud of their accomplishments but it just means that the Steelers were the better team and deserved to go to the playoffs more than us. No harm no foul.

So you are predicting he breaks his own single game passing record to break the season rookie record against Tennessee?

im not prediciting he will, i just said i think he can because it could be possible but realisticly im going to say it will happen in houston. would be nice though for it to happen at home, the crowd will be more into it then they would be in houston lol.

It will be tough to win against the Texans, period, i think we all know that. It would be my prediction that we win 1 out of the next 4 games. If we win 1 or fewer games out of the next 4, I'm still going to be proud of their accomplishments but it just means that the Steelers were the better team and deserved to go to the playoffs more than us. No harm no foul.

I would understand that, the Steelers are a good team along with the Bengals. I see us actually winning 3 out of the 4 and going into the playoffs 11-5 and heading to Denver.

Agree completely, and remember our crappy 2-14 team split with the Texans last year ;)

I would understand that, the Steelers are a good team along with the Bengals. I see us actually winning 3 out of the 4 and going into the playoffs 11-5 and heading to Denver.

wow, that is a bold prediction based on how many yards we gave up through the air vs. detroit and it seems as though we always give up a big play on the ground too (missed tackles, vapor tackles, matador tackles, holes blown open, etc.), but going to Denver would make me want to have a lobotomy, i don't think I could take it.

Most likely not but I sure would love it if JJ Watt & the Texans packed their sleeping bags, took some Ambien, turned on a sweet lullaby and went to sleep vs the Colts.

wow, that is a bold prediction based on how many yards we gave up through the air vs. detroit and it seems as though we always give up a big play on the ground too (missed tackles, vapor tackles, matador tackles, holes blown open, etc.), but going to Denver would make me want to have a lobotomy, i don't think I could take it.

Well the Lions have the #1 passing offense in the league, they throw for massive amounts of yards anyway. And the run game has been getting worse over the weeks, because our run game has been horrendous. We can't sustain drives so our defense gets exhausted. Running the ball shouldn't be a problem against the Titans, (27th ranked run defense) or the Chiefs (26th ranked run defense). I don't think we could win, on the road in the playoffs. Especially not to Denver. Luck vs Manning, it would be a great match-up but Denver has a good defense and Manning wants to get back against the team that released him. I would watch it because it would be an historic moment.

Well the Lions have the #1 passing offense in the league, they throw for massive amounts of yards anyway. And the run game has been getting worse over the weeks, because our run game has been horrendous. We can't sustain drives so our defense gets exhausted. Running the ball shouldn't be a problem against the Titans, (27th ranked run defense) or the Chiefs (26th ranked run defense). I don't think we could win, on the road in the playoffs. Especially not to Denver. Luck vs Manning, it would be a great match-up but Denver has a good defense and Manning wants to get back against the team that released him. I would watch it because it would be an historic moment.

Good info and I agree. Also, If we still have time to improve in certain areas, anything's possible.

Good info and I agree. Also, If we still have time to improve in certain areas, anything's possible.

We do, having Vontae healthy will be huge. Or just overall health of the defense will be important. And more continuity with the offense line. Other than that, I think we are fine. The offense is good enough to win games.

We do, having Vontae healthy will be huge. Or just overall health of the defense will be important. And more continuity with the offense line. Other than that, I think we are fine. The offense is good enough to win games.

did you see Vontae make that impressive "cut" tackle , then do his little dance? Priceless. I hope he can keep that up.