•  

Photo

rookie passing record

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
38 replies to this topic

Poll: Luck breaking Cam Newtons rookie single season passing yards record. (97 member(s) have cast votes)

when will Andrew Luck pass Cam Newton in rookie passing yards?

1. Home against Tennessee (4 votes [4.12%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.12%

2. In Houston (77 votes [79.38%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 79.38%

3. Home against Kansas City (16 votes [16.49%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.49%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 betheafan41

betheafan41
  • 1255 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:23 AM

luck is only 455 yards shy of breaking cam newtons passing yard record for a single season. i think he can do it this weekend against tennessee seeing he tends to play better at home. it will be tough though

Believe In Blue!!!

Game Rewind: Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind.

#2 braveheartcolt

braveheartcolt
  • 4251 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:35 AM

Chiefs game is on the road btw....
"If I make a comment and it is not backed up by factual evidence, take it as my opinion, and my opinion only"....

#3 jvan1973

jvan1973
  • 9153 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:36 AM

luck is only 455 yards shy of breaking cam newtons passing yard record for a single season. i think he can do it this weekend against tennessee seeing he tends to play better at home. it will be tough though

Hopefully we will be playing with a lead this week. So not that many pass yards.. I see it happening in Houston

#4 betheafan41

betheafan41
  • 1255 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:10 AM

Chiefs game is on the road btw....

that it is, oops

Believe In Blue!!!

#5 oldunclemark

oldunclemark
  • 15571 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:15 AM

at Houston

#6 GoDeep

GoDeep

Uhhhhh..

• 1056 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:02 PM

At Houston - book it.

Posted Image

#7 shevz

shevz
  • 138 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:03 PM

At Houton for sure
How do you say good bye? How do you say so long?
Maybe you don't
Maybe thank you it's all there is

#8 HtownColt

HtownColt
  • 5941 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:00 PM

Luck will break the record @ Houston. and I'll be in attendance to relish that moment and the win in Reliant Stadium that Sunday

#9 SteelCityColt

SteelCityColt
  • 3498 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:02 PM

No option for the home game with Houston or not at all? Pedantic I know but for the sake of completeness. :P

At Houston I'm going for.

#10 THUNDERHORSECOLT

THUNDERHORSECOLT
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:36 PM

i think it could be done in houston....but i would take a victory down there over a rookie record anyday !!!! :thmup: :coltslogo:

#11 jskinnz

jskinnz
  • 2647 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:55 PM

So you are predicting he breaks his own single game passing record to break the season rookie record against Tennessee?

#12 INColts12

INColts12
  • 26 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:57 PM

In Houston

#13 JWF

JWF
  • 1050 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:59 PM

At Houston for me too.

#14 Vance

Vance
  • 2487 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:07 AM

Probably in Houston unless he goes postal on Tennessee

Houston Texans fan and realist. Sarcasm is etched into my DNA.

#15 Kenny

Kenny
  • 1202 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:12 AM

Probably in Houston unless he goes postal on Tennessee

Agreed, but I see ya'll winning that one in the end.

#16 Tark The Shark

Tark The Shark
  • 2391 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:12 AM

Houston.

We will need to pass for a bunch a yards to even come close. But hey if Jacksonville can do it, why not us?
“Pressure is something you feel when you don't know what the heck you're doing.”- Peyton Manning

#17 Vance

Vance
  • 2487 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:24 AM

Houston.

We will need to pass for a bunch a yards to even come close. But hey if Jacksonville can do it, why not us?

I think it was a combination of sleeping on the Jags, not expecting Henne to throw the ball downfield, defensive miscues, and the overlooked aspect of us playing a physically/emotionally draining game at Chicago the week before. Remember the Bears gave up 32 points to...Kaepernick?! I think they were feeling the after affects like we were. There were more than a few guys that came back with flu like symptoms from that game.

We finally got some rest and took Tennessee to the slaughterhouse...one thing is for sure we won't be sleeping on the Colts.

Houston Texans fan and realist. Sarcasm is etched into my DNA.

#18 QwizBoy

QwizBoy
  • 7180 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:56 AM

I think it was a combination of sleeping on the Jags, not expecting Henne to throw the ball downfield, defensive miscues, and the overlooked aspect of us playing a physically/emotionally draining game at Chicago the week before. Remember the Bears gave up 32 points to...Kaepernick?! I think they were feeling the after affects like we were. There were more than a few guys that came back with flu like symptoms from that game.

We finally got some rest and took Tennessee to the slaughterhouse...one thing is for sure we won't be sleeping on the Colts.

Yep. That's for sure.

Houston Texans, 2011, 2012 AFC South Champions

#19 CardiacColts

CardiacColts
  • 467 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:01 AM

This is a valid point; however, I'm hoping that we have the Titans game firmly in hand and AL doesn't need to throw for 455+ yards...
"If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?" -Vince Lombardi

#20 Tark The Shark

Tark The Shark
  • 2391 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:06 AM

Absolutely, personally, I don't see the Colts taking a game against the Texans at Reliant. Texans play very well at home and with our road woes? Yeah probably not happening.

But week 17? Pagano coming back to the sideline playing against the Texans at LOS. I think we could steal one. We play much better at home and the crowd will be electric.
“Pressure is something you feel when you don't know what the heck you're doing.”- Peyton Manning

#21 TKnight24

TKnight24
  • 9723 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:09 AM

I say vs KC

Apple Juice keeps me sane, society doesn't

Apple Juice relaxes my mind, society doesn't

#22 ColtsBlueFL

ColtsBlueFL

Off IR and into the PUP

• 2833 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:27 AM

Middle/end 3rd quarter, in Reliant Stadium.

“There’s no question he’s (Luck) a complete football player and one of the top quarterbacks in this league already. He has a great career in front of him but I think he’s already established himself as a very poised and talented player that can do a lot of things to beat you and he manages his team well and plays good situational football.”       -New England Patriots Head Coach Bill Belichick

#23 chrisfarley

chrisfarley
  • 2163 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:34 PM

Absolutely, personally, I don't see the Colts taking a game against the Texans at Reliant. Texans play very well at home and with our road woes? Yeah probably not happening.

But week 17? Pagano coming back to the sideline playing against the Texans at LOS. I think we could steal one. We play much better at home and the crowd will be electric.

It will be tough to win against the Texans, period, i think we all know that. It would be my prediction that we win 1 out of the next 4 games. If we win 1 or fewer games out of the next 4, I'm still going to be proud of their accomplishments but it just means that the Steelers were the better team and deserved to go to the playoffs more than us. No harm no foul.

#24 betheafan41

betheafan41
  • 1255 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:49 PM

So you are predicting he breaks his own single game passing record to break the season rookie record against Tennessee?

im not prediciting he will, i just said i think he can because it could be possible but realisticly im going to say it will happen in houston. would be nice though for it to happen at home, the crowd will be more into it then they would be in houston lol.

Believe In Blue!!!

#25 Tark The Shark

Tark The Shark
  • 2391 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:50 PM

It will be tough to win against the Texans, period, i think we all know that. It would be my prediction that we win 1 out of the next 4 games. If we win 1 or fewer games out of the next 4, I'm still going to be proud of their accomplishments but it just means that the Steelers were the better team and deserved to go to the playoffs more than us. No harm no foul.

I would understand that, the Steelers are a good team along with the Bengals. I see us actually winning 3 out of the 4 and going into the playoffs 11-5 and heading to Denver.

#26 JustAColtsFan

JustAColtsFan
  • 356 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:38 PM

Agree completely, and remember our crappy 2-14 team split with the Texans last year ;)

:coltshorse:  He's Back, Lets Hunt - "CHUCKSTRONG"  :coltslogo: 

#27 Tark The Shark

Tark The Shark
  • 2391 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:52 PM

Agree completely, and remember our crappy 2-14 team split with the Texans last year ;)

True, but they had TJ Yates playing and there is quite the talent drop off between Yates & Schaub.

And the crowd will be raucous for this game.

#28 SilentHill

SilentHill

Next Man Up

• 3293 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:32 PM

Luck throws for 500 vs Tenn :)

We win 52 to 13

“What he does on the field – he’s an assassin…Class with cruelty.” – Jim Harbaugh on Andrew Luck

"It's okay to be smarter than everyone else, but you can't go around pointing it out!" – Mary Cooper

#29 buccolts

buccolts
  • 2006 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:27 PM

I say he breaks it at home.
His, not the Colts.
In Houston.
What you've just said is one of the most insanely *ic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this thread is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

#30 chrisfarley

chrisfarley
  • 2163 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:36 PM

I would understand that, the Steelers are a good team along with the Bengals. I see us actually winning 3 out of the 4 and going into the playoffs 11-5 and heading to Denver.

wow, that is a bold prediction based on how many yards we gave up through the air vs. detroit and it seems as though we always give up a big play on the ground too (missed tackles, vapor tackles, matador tackles, holes blown open, etc.), but going to Denver would make me want to have a lobotomy, i don't think I could take it.

#31 Malakai432

Malakai432
  • 6390 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:35 PM

Most likely not but I sure would love it if JJ Watt & the Texans packed their sleeping bags, took some Ambien, turned on a sweet lullaby and went to sleep vs the Colts.

Vontae Davis is what happens when an unstoppable force meets and immovable object, then they have a kid! 

Dancing Monkey BAM!  :monkeydance: 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~The Bandit strikes again~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#32 Tark The Shark

Tark The Shark
  • 2391 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:09 AM

wow, that is a bold prediction based on how many yards we gave up through the air vs. detroit and it seems as though we always give up a big play on the ground too (missed tackles, vapor tackles, matador tackles, holes blown open, etc.), but going to Denver would make me want to have a lobotomy, i don't think I could take it.

Well the Lions have the #1 passing offense in the league, they throw for massive amounts of yards anyway. And the run game has been getting worse over the weeks, because our run game has been horrendous. We can't sustain drives so our defense gets exhausted. Running the ball shouldn't be a problem against the Titans, (27th ranked run defense) or the Chiefs (26th ranked run defense). I don't think we could win, on the road in the playoffs. Especially not to Denver. Luck vs Manning, it would be a great match-up but Denver has a good defense and Manning wants to get back against the team that released him. I would watch it because it would be an historic moment.

#33 chrisfarley

chrisfarley
  • 2163 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:14 AM

Well the Lions have the #1 passing offense in the league, they throw for massive amounts of yards anyway. And the run game has been getting worse over the weeks, because our run game has been horrendous. We can't sustain drives so our defense gets exhausted. Running the ball shouldn't be a problem against the Titans, (27th ranked run defense) or the Chiefs (26th ranked run defense). I don't think we could win, on the road in the playoffs. Especially not to Denver. Luck vs Manning, it would be a great match-up but Denver has a good defense and Manning wants to get back against the team that released him. I would watch it because it would be an historic moment.

Good info and I agree. Also, If we still have time to improve in certain areas, anything's possible.

#34 Tark The Shark

Tark The Shark
  • 2391 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:04 PM

Good info and I agree. Also, If we still have time to improve in certain areas, anything's possible.

We do, having Vontae healthy will be huge. Or just overall health of the defense will be important. And more continuity with the offense line. Other than that, I think we are fine. The offense is good enough to win games.

#35 chrisfarley

chrisfarley
  • 2163 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:46 AM

We do, having Vontae healthy will be huge. Or just overall health of the defense will be important. And more continuity with the offense line. Other than that, I think we are fine. The offense is good enough to win games.

did you see Vontae make that impressive "cut" tackle , then do his little dance? Priceless. I hope he can keep that up.

#36 Tark The Shark

Tark The Shark
  • 2391 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:10 AM

did you see Vontae make that impressive "cut" tackle , then do his little dance? Priceless. I hope he can keep that up.

Unfortunately I wasn't able to watch the Lions game :(.

Although I will be able to watch the game this week against the Titans!

#37 Stephen

Stephen
  • 2530 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:38 PM

i'd love to see luck smash the titans with over 300 yards in first half and five tds

#38 SteelCityColt

SteelCityColt
  • 3498 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:02 PM

i'd love to see luck smash the titans with over 300 yards in first half and five tds

Well yes I think that's something most people would agree on. It would an interesting half to say the least.

#39 Stephen

Stephen
  • 2530 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 08:18 PM

Indeed it would

COLTS TICKETS!

3-Game Ticket Packages Available

BUY THEM TODAY!
Join the Stampede!

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      21 Jul
    radiogirl

Happy Birthday to the best husband in the world! I love you!

Show comments (15)
  • Photo
      20 Jul
    Coltman51

The suspence is killing me, how will Reggie arrive at camp this year.

Show comments (9)
View All Updates