Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts can win the division....

bluecolt

I've said all along that we are good enough to beat Houston once, but I don't know if we will play precise enough as a team to beat them twice. All the division winning talk presumes the Texans will in fact lose on Monday night. It's not guaranteed, but I do think it's likely.

i hate to say this but its going to be real rough to win in houston, unless the texans suffer some big injuries or something. on a bright note and a mircale happens and we do win the division not many teams want to play us at home. and i hate to rout for the pats. so i am pretty torn about this.

i hate to say this but its going to be real rough to win in houston, unless the texans suffer some big injuries or something. on a bright note and a mircale happens and we do win the division not many teams want to play us at home. and i hate to rout for the pats. so i am pretty torn about this.
i know I wont..i'm ultimately rooting for the Vikings to help us out if we beat the texans..they should have something to play for by then..my hate for the pats is too strong to wish them any good..

Can u imagine if we would end up winning out and take the div and the the texans get the WC spot? We may in fact have to come back and play them a 3rd time in a row. Btw, I think it's a Cinderella story to hope we win out though. Anythings possible but I wouldn't bet a $1 on it happening. Great season. Makes watching games all fun again

beating houston in indy is not as tough as beating them in houston. especially since we do not play to well on the road as it is. BUT it is football and any given sunday any team can win. just ask the seahawks who is one of the worst teams on the road beat the bears in chicago lol.

I think Houston has been exposed by a few teams...they're vulnerable to the pass on defense and offensively they are limited....if you shut down AJ and the LB's disrupt their TE Passing game they have to rely solely on running.....which we've gotten better at shutting down

first of all a team that has only lost once all year 3/4 of the way threw has not been exposed as anything but really good. Second what exactly have you seen from our secondary to suggest they are going to have a shot at shutting down Johnson?

It's def possible considering the pack destroyed them (we beat the pack) and they had two very close games with the jags and lions. It's not going to be easy but def possible.

you failed to mention how in the other games they have looked close to unbeatable. Also they got the packers on a week that the packers were a buzz saw thanks to us beating them and them being questioned as what kind of team they are. The other side of that coin is also they beat the bears who destroyed us. That's a good football team in Houston. They are where we want to get back to and I think we are building a team that will in the very near future but I don't see us sweeping the texans in a year where we couldn't beat the jags at home. I will pull and cheer for it to happen but I don't think it's very likely.

first of all a team that has only lost once all year 3/4 of the way threw has not been exposed as anything but really good. Second what exactly have you seen from our secondary to suggest they are going to have a shot at shutting down Johnson?

Your argument is not compelling, are you a Texans fan in disguise?? AJ can be shut down...he was shut down last week....Foster was limited last week...its not impossible. I believe in Vontae...and he will show up for AJ. The point I was trying to make is the way that Houston was winning throughout the season is not the way they're winning now, in fact I dont think they will make it to the big game...there, it's been said.

Your argument is not compelling, are you a Texans fan in disguise?? AJ can be shut down...he was shut down last week....Foster was limited last week...its not impossible. I believe in Vontae...and he will show up for AJ. The point I was trying to make is the way that Houston was winning throughout the season is not the way they're winning now, in fact I dont think they will make it to the big game...there, it's been said.

I've been a Colts fan since 1991 when they were 1-15 and been a member here since 2003 when the Forum had to be shut down because Pats fans were making jokes about Stokley's kid after the AFC Title game. I have some of the most likes on this forum and some of the most posts. So I must be really committed to being a Texans fan in disguise for that to be true.

Seriously it's those kinds of pop shots that is making this place even more unreadable. They aren't funny so spare me the I am joking line if that's what you were doing. It was a pop shot and the kind people are using more and more just because they don't like that someone doesn't agree with them. If you don't agree with my argument fine leave it to that. However the questioning of people's fan hood, calling people homers, or haters just because people don't like someone else's view point is getting tired.

I didn't say AJ couldn't be shut down I am asking you what have you seen from the Colts secondary this season to make you think that is going to happen when the Colts play him? The other two tall WRs we played this year that are top five in the NFL much like Johnson is ate our lunch in Marshall and Calvin Johnson. What makes you think it's going to be any different against Andre Johnson? I am all for giving Davis a chance but he didn't exactly stop the other two so I don't think the odds favor him doing it twice against Andre Johnson in three weeks. I would love for it to happen but I don't think it's very likely.

Second you can say what you want but when you are 11-1 and most of those games haven't been close you haven't been exposed for anything other than being really good. If you don't want to give the Texans credit for that then fine that's up to you. However, other people going man the Texans are a really good team does not make them Texans fans. It's recognizing that there are other good teams in this league and giving credit where credit is due.

I've been a Colts fan since 1991 when they were 1-15 and been a member here since 2003 when the Forum had to be shut down because Pats fans were making jokes about Stokley's kid after the AFC Title game. I have some of the most likes on this forum and some of the most posts. So I must be really committed to being a Texans fan in disguise for that to be true.

Seriously it's those kinds of pop shots that is making this place even more unreadable. They aren't funny so spare me the I am joking line if that's what you were doing. It was a pop shot and the kind people are using more and more just because they don't like that someone doesn't agree with them. If you don't agree with my argument fine leave it to that. However the questioning of people's fan hood, calling people homers, or haters just because people don't like someone else's view point is getting tired.

I didn't say AJ couldn't be shut down I am asking you what have you seen from the Colts secondary this season to make you think that is going to happen when the Colts play him? The other two tall WRs we played this year that are top five in the NFL much like Johnson is ate our lunch in Marshall and Calvin Johnson. What makes you think it's going to be any different against Andre Johnson? I am all for giving Davis a chance but he didn't exactly stop the other two so I don't think the odds favor him doing it twice against Andre Johnson in three weeks. I would love for it to happen but I don't think it's very likely.

Second you can say what you want but when you are 11-1 and most of those games haven't been close you haven't been exposed for anything other than being really good. If you don't want to give the Texans credit for that then fine that's up to you. However, other people going man the Texans are a really good team does not make them Texans fans. It's recognizing that there are other good teams in this league and giving credit where credit is due.

I wasn't joking at all.....

Well he isn't a Texans fan, either. You have to have jackets to be a part of the club. haha He has made a valid point.

Whats so great about these type of online communities is the fact that everyone has differing opinions...we dont have to agree obviously...I'm not a fan of the negativity and that's really all there is to it...didnt expect buddy to get sensitive because i said he's a Texans fan...I'm sure you all are a fine bunch of gents.

I dont need to do all of that, chill out, it's never that serious.

Asking me if I am a Texans fan in disguise would be the very definition of questioning my fan hood. How about you just don't do that and we'll be cool. If you want to discuss the point about if our secondary can or can not cover Johnson that's fine. However there is no need to try to make it personal as you did.

So glad I have tickets to the Colts @ Texans game next sunday. especially if we beat the Titans and Patriots beat the Texans. Reliant Stadium is going to be crazy!!! thats going to be a divisional statement game. then good thing for us is that the last game of the season(potential Division winning game) will be at Lucas Oil.

While there is always a chance until, "the fat lady sings," the Colts performance against teams with a winning record does not bode well for your wish list. Look at our 4 losses.

Opening day - Bears killed us - yes, it was Luck's first game.

Jacksonville beat us. We want to say it was just a fluke play, but the Jags were close enough that a fluke play won the game.

The Jets killed us - the Jets!

New England could have scored 100!

When you look at our wins, only 1 has been against a team with a winning record - Green Bay.

The Vikings are at .500

Everyone else is below .500

I am amazed that we have a great chance at the playoffs (chance, not certainty yet.) That does not change the fact that we are still a team in transition. When you add to the mix, we are the team that has been hit hardest in the NFL by injuries, making the playoffs is the more realistic expectation.

In the future I would suggest you check out someone's posting history before you question their fan hood because in this case you couldn't be more wrong.

GoColts8818 you keep the faith brother. 327 to 6717 says it all in my book. I agree that beating them once will be a tall order, sweeping them nigh on impossible but I will keep my faith in the Colts (and my money in my pocket) ;)