Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Did Jim Irsay believe before all of us?

chad72

When Jim Irsay said we might be a playoff team come December, was he smoking something at the beginning of the season or did he really believe what he said?

Man, needed to give props to the owner for being prophetic. So here I am.

Props to you, Mr. Irsay. I might need some of what you had when you said that, LOL. :)

Yep he clearly had a vision and to this point has hired the right point to make his vision become reality despite being thrown a huge curve ball with the Pagano thing. This just proves to me that we are lucky to have one of the best owners in all of Sports running our team.

When are you changing your name to GoColts8712??? :) (j/k)

Irsay has a big pair that is for sure, He made the call that was based on long term success vs the vision of short term mediocre success a, congrats to Irsay and his pair of you know whats to see a vision and not be afraid to go after it no matter the cost....Just think through everything the team went through, everything the fans went through and are still going through, New first time head coach.....New head coach getting cancer, fill in head coach, a roster that has been turned nearly upside down in one way or another from top to bottom, some bad play calling, several rookies and first time starters but through it all we are 8 and 4....and counting

I absolutely love Irsay. He seems like a family first type of guy. Many of us were hurt by the events of this offseason, but the man did it the best way he could. He did right by all involved. He has always been loyal to his horseshoe family. He cares about the city and the fans. What more can we ask for? He may have been the only one that saw us being successful this season, so I credit him for putting us in this position.

You have to respect a man that paid Peyton Manning's full salary coming off 4 neck surgeries. You have to respect a man who listened to his fan base and fired Jim Caldwell. You have to respect a man who let Bill Polian go after a longterm friendship & being named a 6 time NFL Executive Of the Year. You have to respect a man who brought in Ryan Grigson, Chuck Pagano, & purged the roster of a ton of fan favorites like Clark, Brackett, Addai, Saturday, & a future HOF in #18...Not an easy transition all...To Isray's credit, he had faith in his coaching staff & he let his coaches coach without interference & interruption. I respect that protocol immensely.

I wouldn't call Irsay a prophet though. That's a stretch...Everyone knew Andrew Luck was coming to INDY as the #1 NFL draft pick. Following a legend, you go with a sure thing or the guy who most closely mimics or replicates what your franchise just had...Not a difficult decision once #18 was no longer on the roster IMO.

Jim Irsay is a fine owner though no question about it.

best owner in the league imo besides the Rooneys and Maras

hate to say it but you have to add the krafts to the list.

It depends on what your criteria is. For me, it boils down to longevity & championship hardware: #1 Rooneys 6 SB trophies, #2 Maras 4 SB trophies, #3 The 49ers under then owner Edward J. DeBartolo 5 SB Trophies, & #4 Kraft 3 SB Trophies. "It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that bling."

Despite the Green Bay Packers 13 Champions, I only count 2 SB trophies in my era 1996 & 2010. Not on my list of current stellar ownership. Not enough hardware acquired in this decade IMO.

Bleep Dallas... :yahoo: Michael Irving Emmitt Smith, & Deion Sanders have tremendous self centered egos which I deplore & detest...

Irsay has a big pair that is for sure, He made the call that was based on long term success vs the vision of short term mediocre success a, congrats to Irsay and his pair of you know whats to see a vision and not be afraid to go after it no matter the cost....Just think through everything the team went through, everything the fans went through and are still going through, New first time head coach.....New head coach getting cancer, fill in head coach, a roster that has been turned nearly upside down in one way or another from top to bottom, some bad play calling, several rookies and first time starters but through it all we are 8 and 4....and counting

Did you just congratulate Irsay's nuts? lol

Way more about Leading with Optimism, and looking at the weak schedule.

The AFC is weighted with Average to below avg. teams.

And like me, I think he saw Great Potential for this draft class. And they are coming (making big plays) thru each week NOW!

But, 30 Incompletions & 3 Int`s. That is some pitiful football. NEVER would have Imagined Andrew capable of doing that indoors in this era. Unfathomable!

When Jim Irsay said we might be a playoff team come December, was he smoking something at the beginning of the season or did he really believe what he said?

Props to you, Mr. Irsay. I might need some of what you had when you said that, LOL. :)

You have to give him credit.....He was bold to make changes..and he gambled and won with the Manning/Luck transition...

It did not have to turn out this way..and he took a lot of heat for ashcanning Manning.

But the present day....with Indy two wins from the post-season and Manning playing elsewhere at MVP levels..is the best case scenario for all even though I certainly disagree with the decision he made......

He gambled and won big

You have to give him credit.....He was bold to make changes..and he gambled and won with the Manning/Luck transition...

It did not have to turn out this way..and he took a lot of heat for ashcanning Manning.

But the present day....with Indy two wins from the post-season and Manning playing elsewhere at MVP levels..is the best case scenario for all even though I certainly disagree with the decision he made......

He gambled and won big

Considering Peytons health I think it would be a gamble if he decided to stay with him

I really hated that decision specially because I started liking the Colts because of him but we cant deny that he made the right decision also because we dont know how long Peyton is going to last

Every great CEO, Manager or Owner needs to have a vision on the future of the organisation she/he leads, be it a multinational company or a Football team.

Apparently Irsay has a vision and he saw the key in Luck.

Reps to good ole' Jim!

nyakas-budai-irsai-oliver-etyek-buda-hungary-10324920.jpg

(This bottle contains white wine made of a Hungarian grape "Oliver Irsay")

Irsay is somewhat kooky and twitterpated, but he has cajones of steel and deserves major respect/credit. He is a great owner!

I ran out of likes fellas. Here are 5 thumbs up for both of you. :thmup: :thmup: :thmup: :thmup: :thmup: That must be why owner Jim Irsay has his own plane. He kept get sick & tired of having his wine confiscated by U.S. Customs & the TSA scanners going off at the airport every single time that he walked through the metal detectors. :clap: haha Just Kidding HCF & Lollygager! lmao

Considering Peytons health I think it would be a gamble if he decided to stay with him

I really hated that decision specially because I started liking the Colts because of him but we cant deny that he made the right decision also because we dont know how long Peyton is going to last

Either way was a gamble..

The only gamble-free scenario was to keep them both, which was my choice...

But leaders have to make tough decisions...and I'm glad it worked out for him because the Colts are his family's legacy.

they mean more to him than they do to us

Way more about Leading with Optimism, and looking at the weak schedule.

The AFC is weighted with Average to below avg. teams.

And like me, I think he saw Great Potential for this draft class. And they are coming (making big plays) thru each week NOW!

But, 30 Incompletions & 3 Int`s. That is some pitiful football. NEVER would have Imagined Andrew capable of doing that indoors in this era. Unfathomable!

Incompletions and inetrceptions do not matter if the completions are productive...

Stat folks and QB ratings obcess on picks...but, as we've discussed here....interceptions have different value depending on where and when and incompletions are harmless....especially when you are coming from behind.

To me, Irsay is the perfect owner. He knows the business side of football, the personal side of football, he loves the fans, he communicates, he surrounds himself with football people, and he spares no expense in putting a winning product on the field. If he makes a mistake, he owns up to it. He's very community minded and very generous to local charities. We are so lucky to have an owner like this in Indianapolis!!!

Without being derogatory...DUH!

He dropped the most popular player in Colts history and they disassembled the team that got the most wins in the last decade. He knew (or fervently hoped) he knew what to do and we all benefitted from it.

Irsay a prophet? Not sure about that but...September 12, 2011 - 1 day after season opening blowout to the Texans - Jim Irsay tweeted " There will b some shocking,dramatic,inspiring,unimaginable things happening n Coltsland the next 18 months...buckle up,stay faithful. BELIEVE"..his exact words. Pretty much whats happened

Irsay a prophet? Not sure about that but...September 12, 2011 - 1 day after season opening blowout to the Texans - Jim Irsay tweeted " There will b some shocking,dramatic,inspiring,unimaginable things happening n Coltsland the next 18 months...buckle up,stay faithful. BELIEVE"..his exact words. Pretty much whats happened

Makes you wonder how much he planned...

he always says stuff like that...

One day his BIG ANNOUNCEMENT..was that he had no announcement to make that day