Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Peyton Manning the Dictator

supremecoltsfan300

Here's a great article about Peyton Manning and the game against Tampa.

Here's a summary of the points, but read the whole article it's great!

1) Thou shalt not covet nachos at the concession stand while the Broncos have the football.

2) Please, before becoming an NFL referee, learn how to count to 12.

3) Be prepared to catch a pass, even while sitting on your rump.

4) Keep quiet when the master is at work. There will be ample time to cheer after Manning reaches the end zone.

5) No visiting team gets out of here alive.

Read more: Mark Kiszla: Mile High now Peyton Manning's house in Denver - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/kiszla/ci_22112708/mark-kiszla-mile-high-now-peyton-mannings-house#ixzz2E22J4un6

Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

http://www.denverpost.com/kiszla/ci_22112708/mark-kiszla-mile-high-now-peyton-mannings-house#ixzz2DxR335mH

And here's a link to the crowd after peyton tells them to be quiet lol.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000104625/Don-t-cheer-unless-it-s-OK-with-Peyton-Manning

already posted this but thats ok , ,many didnt see it unless read it from my comment in mt y POST below, its comment # 22 @ 8:12 this am

BRONCO Quick Notes , Stokely Inact\ive, Peyton Throw TD to eligible DT Unrein brough in on offense

Any old MVP candidate can pass for three touchdowns in a 31-23 victory against Tampa Bay. On this particular Sunday, however, Manning told 76,432 Broncomaniacs to sit down and shut up.

And they liked it.

"I'm all for excitement, but in a no-huddle offense, when you are calling something at the line, the quieter the crowd can be, it certainly is helpful," said Manning, explaining why he gestured for fans to behave themselves in mid-wave.

(((((( I was watching the game, afterr he gestured for then to be quiet as was noisy while audubling a 3rd down, once got it he made sure they got quiet and they shut up & folded arms in their laps , unbelievable )))

Those points u note I love how article call them

Maybe somebody needs to write down the Manning House Rules. In fact, let's begin now:

http://forums.colts....se/#entry348882

I found it a greatr and delightfiul article to read for any peyton fan & to me Moreno was more lying down than sitting, what a great pass being chased and thrown right at the sidelines near ones own endzone

"Keep quiet when the master is at work. There will be ample time to cheer after Manning reaches the end zone." Darn Right! :worthy:

"Manning is a perfectionist. He sets high standards for teammates, fans and even ink-stained wretches." The words machine, computer, & precision don't even begin to scratch the mental mastery of #18...

All true prodigies need silence in order to maintain their intense focus...Great stuff here supremecoltsfan300!!! :thmup:

"Keep quiet when the master is at work. There will be ample time to cheer after Manning reaches the end zone." Darn Right! :worthy:

"Manning is a perfectionist. He sets high standards for teammates, fans and even ink-stained wretches." The words machine, computer, & precision don't even begin to scratch the mental mastery of #18...

All true prodigies need silence in order to maintain their intense focus...Great stuff here supremecoltsfan300!!! :thmup:

Thanks, at least those denver fans are quick learners haha

I like how the crowd looked similar to a class of 1st graders that just got scolded.

Denver fans need to lean from us, as we were conditioned over the years to create an atmosphere similar to a tennis match while Manning has the ball. I've noticed this tradition continues even with Luck. So Manning's presence was so great, he didn't just make the players better players, he makes the fans better fans.

I like how the crowd looked similar to a class of 1st graders that just got scolded.

Denver fans need to lean from us, as we were conditioned over the years to create an atmosphere similar to a tennis match while Manning has the ball. I've noticed this tradition continues even with Luck. So Manning's presence was so great, he didn't just make the players better players, he makes the fans better fans.

Couldn't have said it better Ruk :thmup: Well maybe I could have but I'm lazy tonight. haha

Excellent analogy ruksak! Way to pull out an ace out of your bag of perceptive analysis my friend. :thmup: Point, Set, Match... haha

tennis_court_002.jpg

Excellent analogy ruksak! Way to pull out an ace out of your bag of perceptive analysis my friend. :thmup: Point, Set, Match... haha

tennis_court_002.jpg

Not the US open, man. It is way too noisy for a tennis game by most standards, those New Yorkers, LOL :).

Get a picture of Wimbledon. Now, that is how you keep quiet in a tennis match. :)

LOL, Next time, the cameras will get a face shot of Peyton's steely glare, and even the Broncos fans at home watching on TV will sit back down and fold their arms until the offensive drive is finished! :ashamed:

Not the US open, man. It is way too noisy for a tennis game by most standards, those New Yorkers, LOL :).

Get a picture of Wimbledon. Now, that is how you keep quiet in a tennis match. :)

Ask & you shall receive Chad my friend...Andre Agassi Vs. Pete Sampras were always my favorite tennis rivals to watch. :thmup:

Pete-Sampras-Andre-Agassi-1995.jpg

Court+2+Wimbledon.jpg

Thou shalt not do a barrel roll. :D

Now, that is 1 barrel I definitely do not want to clean let alone wash out...Yikes...Wouldn't you love to have been stadium security on that day? Not!

"Sir are you carrying any sharp objects or smuggling anything contraband on you today? Oh, just forget it. Next!" :giveup::help::hide:

Now, that is 1 barrel I definitely do not want to clean let alone wash out...Yikes...Wouldn't you love to have been stadium security on that day? Not!

"Sir are you carrying any sharp objects or smuggling anything contraband on you today? Oh, just forget it. Next!" :giveup::help::hide:

I wonder if that's where he keeps his "bucket" list... :D

Well, one thing is for sure..he can't "kick the bucket" all by himself... :D

And finally, that's one barrel that, (when the polka song with the lyrics "Roll out the barrel, we'll have a barrel of fun"), should NEVER..EVER be rolled out...:facepalm:

( i can think of some more bad analogies, but i'm washing my hands of this )

I wonder if that's where he keeps his "bucket" list... :D

Well, one thing is for sure..he can't "kick the bucket" all by himself... :D

And finally, that's one barrel that, (when the polka song with the lyrics "Roll out the barrel, we'll have a barrel of fun"), should NEVER..EVER be rolled out... :facepalm:

( i can think of some more bad analogies, but i'm washing my hands of this )

Speaking of a Bucket list, if I am that guy, I attempt to....#1 Re-evaluate my priorities in life, #2 Restrict my alcohol consumption prior to deciding on a Broncos costume, & #3 put on a shirt so I don't petrify & scar young, innocent children for life...

I think Manning needs to address this guy;

barrell20man.jpg

Stadium Announcer over the PA system:

And now, ladies and gentlemen, please bring your attention to the Big Screen, and give a warm, Bronco's welcome, to country music superstar..Kenny Rogers!...It appears he didn't know when to fold em'...

Stadium Announcer over the PA system:

And now, ladies and gentlemen, please bring your attention to the Big Screen, and give a warm, Bronco's welcome, to country music superstar..Kenny Rogers!...It appears he didn't know when to fold em'...

I ran out of likes CF4L, but that is darn funny buddy! :D HA! HA! 5 Thumbs Up for you my friend!!! :thmup: :thmup: :thmup: :thmup: :thmup:

Don't any of these musicians save any of their millions?! Just Kidding!!!

Thanks, at least those denver fans are quick learners haha

they were, but actually he signaled before making the 3rd down but they didnt get quiet enough, then after making it, he repeatedly signaled to be quiet till were to fis satisfaction , while watching clock management and getting play off in time, hes amazing

Here's a great article about Peyton Manning and the game against Tampa.

Here's a summary of the points, but read the whole article it's great!

1) Thou shalt not covet nachos at the concession stand while the Broncos have the football.

2) Please, before becoming an NFL referee, learn how to count to 12.

3) Be prepared to catch a pass, even while sitting on your rump.

4) Keep quiet when the master is at work. There will be ample time to cheer after Manning reaches the end zone.

5) No visiting team gets out of here alive.

Read more: Mark Kiszla: Mile High now Peyton Manning's house in Denver - The Denver Post http://www.denverpos...e#ixzz2E22J4un6

Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

http://www.denverpos...e#ixzz2DxR335mH

And here's a link to the crowd after peyton tells them to be quiet lol.

http://www.nfl.com/v...-Peyton-Manning

heres another , HE DICTATES WHERE THE BALL GOES

Thomas, seemingly growing each day in his ability to link up with Manning on the fly, has set single-season career bests in catches (69), yards (1,114) and touchdowns (eight).

His two touchdown catches Sunday in the victory over the Buccaneers came into windows roughly the size of the ball.

THE Manning Difference

Player catches yds td's

Thomas, 32 551, 4

Decker, 44, 612, 8

2012*

Thomas, 69 1,114, 8

Decker, 56, 702, 8

*Through 12 games

Read more:Inside the game: Broncos' versatility in passing game makes trouble for opponents - The Denver Posthttp://www.denverpos...e#ixzz2E61JgrzZ

I beleive the announcers noted on the last Broncos game against the Bucs how the Denver fans have adopted to the code of silence during all Broncos possessions much like the Indy fans did and still do. Manning is King of two domains now. Hail Caesar!!

Believe me u if announcers said it it was after Peyton shut them up , not hat theyu were very noisy before but was great to wtch him instruct the fans to be silent

I like how the crowd looked similar to a class of 1st graders that just got scolded. Denver fans need to lean from us, as we were conditioned over the years to create an atmosphere similar to a tennis match while Manning has the ball. I've noticed this tradition continues even with Luck. So Manning's presence was so great, he didn't just make the players better players, he makes the fans better fans.
Believe me u if announcers said it it was after Peyton shut them up , not hat theyu were very noisy before but was great to wtch him instruct the fans to be silent

It was comical to even hear the NFL both announcers say that they even would shut the bleep up if #18 asked them too. haha Now, that's real power. Tell someone to zip it and they immediately comply without raising a fuss of any kind whatsoever. Wow! Peyton Manning is like a librarian man. " What?!! Shhh! Oops sorry Peyton." :lol:

81480522_5e3e31e089_m.jpg

It was comical to even hear the NFL both announcers say that they even would shut the bleep up if #18 asked them too. haha Now, that's real power. Tell someone to zip it and they immediately comply without raising a fuss of any kind whatsoever. Wow! Peyton Manning is like a librarian man. " What?!! Shhh! Oops sorry Peyton." :lol:

this was my observation & comment , see comment # 4 above and my blue game observation below

Any old MVP candidate can pass for three touchdowns in a 31-23 victory against Tampa Bay. On this particular Sunday, however, Manning told 76,432 Broncomaniacs to sit down and shut up.

And they liked it.

"I'm all for excitement, but in a no-huddle offense, when you are calling something at the line, the quieter the crowd can be, it certainly is helpful," said Manning, explaining why he gestured for fans to behave themselves in mid-wave.

(((((( I was watching the game, afterr he gestured for then to be quiet as was noisy while audubling a 3rd down, once got it he made sure they got quiet and they shut up & folded arms in their laps , unbelievable )))

Maybe somebody needs to write down the Manning House Rules. In fact, let's begin now:

================================

PS

Peyton was likev standing there facing crowd trying to audible for 3rd down, waving crowd down, then clock running down runs play makes theird downb, looks at crowd , gestures again both arms in air waving at then to sit down and shush &they do as he turns around to all in stadium, and then with clock going runs next play , manageing crownd & clock in his mind , Thats Impressive

this was my observation & comment , see comment # 4 above and my blue game observation below

And they liked it.

================================

PS

Peyton was likev standing there facing crowd trying to audible for 3rd down, waving crowd down, then clock running down runs play makes theird downb, looks at crowd , gestures again both arms in air waving at then to sit down and shush &they do as he turns around to all in stadium, and then with clock going runs next play , manageing crownd & clock in his mind , Thats Impressive

Yeah Barry. I have to give you credit brother. You are definitely perceptive of #18's lasting NFL legacy and influence on this league and I have a profound amount of respect for your intellect and your stanch, resolute, and unyielding loyalty to Peyton Manning. Actually, both you and Gramz deserve equal accolades for that crucial fact and reality.

I, like both of you, will always admire #18 to a fault myself. I'll be honest. Peyton is bleeping amazing! You do make a good point though Barry. Very few QBs can demand that kind of full audience compliance on a grand scale and yet still be so humble at the same time. :thmup:

Yeah Barry. I have to give you credit brother. You are definitely perceptive of #18's lasting NFL legacy and influence on this league and I have a profound amount of respect for your intellect and your stanch, resolute, and unyielding loyalty to Peyton Manning. Actually, both you and Gramz deserve equal accolades for that crucial fact and reality.

I, like both of you, will always admire #18 to a fault myself. I'll be honest. Peyton is bleeping amazing! You do make a good point though Barry. Very few QBs can demand that kind of full audience compliance on a grand scale and yet still be so humble at the same time. :thmup:

Thanks my friend & u too love the YODA

it was just really amazing watching run the audience and game clock management & audibles all at once

just like earlier when he knew he caught 12 guys on field ,

demanded fox throw the challenge flag and thus get the first down when the refs for 2nd or 3rd time this year werent watching or counting right, got arerial photos to show fox to prove it, My only qusetion was why Fox wasted a timeout to make sure, just take peytons word for it

Peyton is a great TV commercial salesman too. Usually, humble down to earth guys are not funny & they have a hard time poking fun at their wholesome family image not #18 though. I wish John Madden would do this with comedian Frank Caliendo too. If you embrace imitation, which is the highest form of flattery, it tends to proliferate your fan base significantly & make you a beloved celebrity icon. I don't know why Madden fails to see this reality. Oh well, to each their own I guess.

To be fair, Tom Brady is equally as funny as Peyton at poking fun at his celebrity NFL icon status too IMHO. See the United Way SNL skit & Brady candy skit on You Tube.

http://youtu.be/Zp2C7zKC0vk

it was just really amazing watching run the audience and game clock management & audibles all at once

demanded fox throw the challenge flag and thus get the first down when the refs for 2nd or 3rd time this year werent watching or counting right, got arerial photos to show fox to prove it, My only qusetion was why Fox wasted a timeout to make sure, just take peytons word for it

Yeah, I heard Fox talking about it yesterday. He said he had no idea about 12 men on the field with a laugh. No one, not the officials, not any of our staff knew that. Let's hope that Fox has learned to trust Peyton more now.

Love Yoda very much I do. Hmmm. Yes do I. :lol: I love using Yoda speech patterns. It is similar to the Chinese language where adjectives and adverbs typically come before nouns or definite pronouns.

Yes, #18's clock style is incredible Barry. Once, I was watching actor Tom Hanks being interviewed by host James Lipton on "Inside The Actors Studio." Tom was asked "What's it's like being interviewed by director Steven Speilberg?"

Tom replied, "Someone hands you a box and says "take this up to that house way up there on the hill." You ring the doorbell. The door swings open and the prodigy standing there says "what took you so long! I'm been waiting for you. Come on! We've got a ton of work to do. Chop! Chop! Let's get started. No time like the present. We're burning daylight. " Peyton, I suspect would be surprisingly similar to Speilberg in orientation. Ha! Ha :D