Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Guess who was covering Avery on that final play?

gbrads_rants

No one covered him. It was basically prevent defense. Avery was by himself the whole time.

Lacey almost got an interception two plays earlier, by the way.

That's what I was going to say. It looked like the air was covering Avery on that final TD. I didn't see anybody running with him

I thought he actually played a decent game.

Makes me wonder what guys like Lacey & Jennings could have done here with decent schemes and coverages.

Hopefully when we bring in more talent to the secondary. Our defense will be very good.

Yep. Scheme and coaching. Guys like Lace and Tim would most likely thrive here now.

Now it is just Davis and that is about it. Butler had a good game against Jags and has been up and down since. Vaughn is just horrid in pass coverage.

Good practice going against Megatron though. Everyone else should be a snap. Oh wait, he's not the only Johnson we face, is he?

No one covered him. It was basically prevent defense. Avery was by himself the whole time.

Lacey almost got an interception two plays earlier, by the way.

Funny how something as simple as a drag route ended up winning the game. That's what can happen when you actually use an outlet receiver instead of 5 go routes all game, Bruce