Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

throwing BBZ

Andrew was pretty bad

17 posts in this topic

in between all those Great plays. ;- )

Andrew Finally unleashed his Wild Thing Major League arm and threw the ball Over the Fence for an Int.

Now we know why he takes some off of his throws. loluck

Ya, on the winning drive Shipley at LG, Link at RT. Never has a QB done so much, with the help of .. ...! haha!

Yes they were Mostly Rookies, by the end of pre-season I said we were Loaded in our Receiving core, Wowee I sure feel good about this group today.

They didn`t throw a lot towards Vontae, he held his own when they did. He tackled very well and busted up quite a few plays. GJob.

Sure would like to have 3 Cory Reddings. He shucks blockers and makes tackles. He did give up his position when the RB ran for-ever through his hole. DBrown should learn about cuts like that. Donald has to go.

I have been giving Antonio J a hard time for doing mostly Nothing at NT. Maybe it was the matchup, whatever, he seemed to have a touch of maddog in him yesterday and played pretty darned good. Way to go!!

QB`s HATE pressure up the middle, makes`em p a little sometimes.

We are not beating very good teams, but we are not losing to them either. Good Character and a Winning Attitude, Go Colts!!

1 person likes this

I think the defense has played pretty well in when you take into account of our expectations this season. While our pressure on the opposing QBs still leaves a lot to be desired, our cornerbacks Butler, Vaughn, and Davis when he has been in, have played well, and Freeman has been exceptional. I was hoping Chapman would be back this season to see if he is the real deal, but I can see why it is better to be safer than sorry in that situation. Looking forward to next season when he is in the fold.

1 person likes this

I thought Vontae looked good...he was all over the field , pressured Stafford well, good open field tackling.

2 people like this

I thought Vontae looked good...he was all over the field , pressured Stafford well, good open field tackling.

Vontae was pretty good, except for the Johnson touchdown. I don't know why he had to fall down right before the ball got there. He might have been able to make a play on the ball.

1 person likes this

I think the defense has played pretty well in when you take into account of our expectations this season. While our pressure on the opposing QBs still leaves a lot to be desired, our cornerbacks Butler, Vaughn, and Davis when he has been in, have played well, and Freeman has been exceptional. I was hoping Chapman would be back this season to see if he is the real deal, but I can see why it is better to be safer than sorry in that situation. Looking forward to next season when he is in the fold.

The run defense was tremendous, aside from Bell's big carry.

Yes, considering all the turnovers and the Lions starting positions, the D did very well. One gashing run. And no one is going to stop Megatron. We did a pretty fair job of containing him in spite of his career day.

I'm not sure anyone could or should expect more considering the talent.

2 people like this

They way this team pulls out wins is very reminiscent of the Harbaugh days. Not the players, but the attitude against odds. Yes, Andrew was brilliant on the last two drives, but so was everyone else.

1 person likes this

Vontae was pretty good, except for the Johnson touchdown. I don't know why he had to fall down right before the ball got there. He might have been able to make a play on the ball.

I couldn't believe that Davis fell down either.

But it showed 2 things on that play:

1. Johnson is one of the fastest WR in the game and with his 6'5" frame, he has long strides.

2. Vontae is coming back from an injury.

I couldn't believe that Davis fell down either.

But it showed 2 things on that play:

1. Johnson is one of the fastest WR in the game and with his 6'5" frame, he has long strides.

2. Vontae is coming back from an injury.

I don't think any of that has anything to do with why he fell down right before the ball got there. But that's okay. He very well could have been right there with Calvin Johnson, and because he's Calvin Johnson, he probably would still have made the catch and scored the touchdown.

Alas.

1 person likes this

Yeah I was watching Vontae that entire play. To be honest I had no idea who Stafford was passing to when he ended up rolling right...Vontae kept up with him for the most part after a long progressing route. It may have been a different story if he didnt fall...or if the DLine provided more timely pressure, lol. I'm not gonna complain though. They were decent against a quality OLine

I'm pretty sure Davis fell down because his foot coming forward tripped on CJ's foot that was behind him as he was running...

In other words.... Davis tripped over Megatron's foot. I don't know what else it could have been, and that's the way I saw it....

2 people like this

Yes, I think so too News. That ball was out in front of Meg anyway, Deion might have made a play on it.

We did hammer them in the running game, always fun to watch a swarming D get after it. Vontae made a difference there. Nice Job All! Grrrrrr!

I am really Happy for our Colts, from the Big Kahuna Mr. Irsay, and a man who I hope becomes Renowned & Fabled GM Grigson,(haha) to Coach P, BA, rest of the Coaches, our well lead Players, and the towell boys.

I thought we would see a lot of nice plays this season because of Andrew, hhhahahahaha, ya there has been a few. lmao!

BA`s downfield Big Bomb O is growing on me.

Add a real good line (two players) and a solid running game (1 more back), a few more underneath passes mixed in........... and there you have it... the O-Monster.

If can stay on the field, he'll justify the second round pick. I think he'll be solid for a few years.

I think the Calvin Johson touchdown on Vontae was more a result of Stafford having too much time. If the pass rush didn't take so long to get to him, I don't think the lions get enough time to make that throw.

On the subject of Luck playing bad, I don't think it was one of his better games. However after listening to B.A. it seems more than one of the interceptions was the fault of our WR not being in the proper areas of the field when Luck made the throw. So I don't know how much of the blame to place on Luck yesterday. From a fans point of view it appeared like he alone was the one stinking up the joint. I'll take the coaches assessment though.

I think the Calvin Johson touchdown on Vontae was more a result of Stafford having too much time. If the pass rush didn't take so long to get to him, I don't think the lions get enough time to make that throw.

On the subject of Luck playing bad, I don't think it was one of his better games. However after listening to B.A. it seems more than one of the interceptions was the fault of our WR not being in the proper areas of the field when Luck made the throw. So I don't know how much of the blame to place on Luck yesterday. From a fans point of view it appeared like he alone was the one stinking up the joint. I'll take the coaches assessment though.

Good point on WR`s being in the wrong spot, can remember P Money throwing some Int`s that made you wonder who in the heck was he throwing it to? And usually would hear later it was the WR`s fault running a wrong route. Sure looked from my living room though like Luck was making some really bad throws midway through the game and looks like was the same deal. Cant argue with his accuracy on that amazing TD throw with a defender on him on the run to Brazil. Awsome!
1 person likes this