Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Props to Shipley/Linkenbeast

The Peytonator

The last couple drives our Oline looked as such; Castonzo, Shipley, Satele, McGlynn, Linkenbach.

Link came in at LG when Reitz was concussed first. Then he had to move over to RT when Justice was knocked out, and Shipley came in at LG. That kind of shuffling on the line is not easy, and Linkenbach especially showed his value to the team. These are the kind of blue collar guys you want on your line. Shipley, imo is one of our top 3 interior linemen, and should be a starter.

I was wondering what happened with the line once Justice got knocked out. I assumed that Sowell must have come in or something. Thanks for clarifying that. I agree about Shipley. I expect an open competition in TC next year at Center, and I think AQ will beat out Satele. He certainly outplayed Satele when forced into the line-up earlier in the year. As for Linkenbach, he's not very good, but there have been a number of games this season that I've been glad we had him to fall back upon...

I agree about Shipley. I expect an open competition in TC next year at Center, and I think AQ will beat out Satele.

It's ridiculous we'd even have to wait that long for the switch. Satele is awful. Nothing about his game merits him being the starter at this point. He's weak, flat-footed, and telegraphs the snap count with his little head-bob. There's not a player starting on either side of the ball who hurts us more right now.

Thanks for the laugh.

I've been told I'm quite the comedian, but in this instance I was being serious.

For all the beatings Linkenbach has taken over the last few years, he has turned a new page this year, and is a solid lineman. Shipley is better than Satele. Any time your line gets shuffled around like that, and they construct two TD drives in the last 3 minutes......you know they did their job, and props are deserved.

The last couple drives our Oline looked as such; Castonzo, Shipley, Satele, McGlynn, Linkenbach.

Link came in at LG when Reitz was concussed first. Then he had to move over to RT when Justice was knocked out, and Shipley came in at LG. That kind of shuffling on the line is not easy, and Linkenbach especially showed his value to the team. These are the kind of blue collar guys you want on your line. Shipley, imo is one of our top 3 interior linemen, and should be a starter.

Well said. It was a gutty, hard fought job by an in game shuffling unit of players. I love linemen who get it done against odds.

I wonder how much Satele's habitual knee issues is affecting his play. We've got to get something figured out with the O-line because they are getting Luck killed. I've never been one that has joined the masses with whipping Linkenbach like a scalded dog. If we didn't have him to fill in at a variety of positions we would be in pretty bad shape. Laugh all you want at that, but the guy comes in a gives it his all. I didn't think we have any other lineman that can come in and play both sides like he does.

I've been told I'm quite the comedian, but in this instance I was being serious.

For all the beatings Linkenbach has taken over the last few years, he has turned a new page this year, and is a solid lineman. Shipley is better than Satele. Any time your line gets shuffled around like that, and they construct two TD drives in the last 3 minutes......you know they did their job, and props are deserved.

I don't think Shipley has been that good. Satele hasn't been that good either, but it seems like people are more down on Satele than they are excited about what Shipley is doing.

JMO

I don't think Shipley has been that good. Satele hasn't been that good either, but it seems like people are more down on Satele than they are excited about what Shipley is doing.

JMO

More is expected out of a starting Center then being thrown around at will consistently game after game, he gets caught leaning to far forward and NT's just throw him forward and get into the backfield, If I had to take a guess thats why Oakland did not resign him more then his disorderly was a factor, but thats just a guess, I dont think Shipley has been great but just better then Satele

I agree props to Shipley and Linkenbach, they came in and fought hard. I know Linkenbach is a whipping boy for many on this board, but this season he has shown why he is on this team, being able to play four of the five O-line positions in a pinch is invaluable to this team. I think shipley should be our starting center and Linkenbach our starting right guard. Mcglynn and Satele spend more time on their backs in their own backfield, than anywhere else on the field. I've never seen two lineman whiff on blocks and never even get a hand on the man they are blocking, and when their not missing their man, they are getting thrown to the side like a child. Our running backs are getting hit three yards deep in their own backfield and Luck has to throw on the run, on every other pass.The fact that Luck can function at all with the pressure these two guys are giving up is amazing. Shipley to center and Linkenbach at right guard, we have nothing to lose, they can't be any worse than Satele and Mcglynn. "GO COLTS"

Bottom line is that we don't have enough OL positions nailed down with viable long-term solutions. Really, at the moment, I only feel confident about Costanzo and Reitz, though the latter has been hurt as much as he's been healthy this year. Seems like we should be able to piece together a reliable line with a FA and a 1st or 3rd round draft pick...