Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

hilton and wayne get lots of praise.........

CR91

Avery was signed as the "deep threat" that would add a vertical component to our offense.

Not only has he made a lot of deep passes, including a big one today, but he's become a reliable receiver. He's running better routes.

We're definitely getting the "reward" part of this risk-reward signing. He's here to stay.

Can't believe that even after today there are those here who won't mind if we don't keep Avery.... and they want another WR either from FA or the draft...

You want a better offense?

Get a better offensive line. That's the issue. We're not struggling because of WR issues. We struggle because of OL issues.

If we find another WR -- fine. But I don't think it's a priority for this team. We have too many other serious needs that are much higher on the priority list than finding another WR.

Just my two cents....

Can't believe that even after today there are those here who won't mind if we don't keep Avery.... and they want another WR either from FA or the draft...

You want a better offense?

Get a better offensive line. That's the issue. We're not struggling because of WR issues. We struggle because of OL issues.

If we find another WR -- fine. But I don't think it's a priority for this team. We have too many other serious needs that are much higher on the priority list than finding another WR.

Just my two cents....

Exactly. I would rather build up the oline ext year for the future even if it means the team doesn't do as well in the second year because of it. Protect luck now so he can play into his 15th year for us. We have to solidify that oline and pick up an impact player or 2 on the defense, we need players who can make turn overs to give the ball back to the offense more.

Hilton & Avery statistically had the best game but all of the receivers contributed to todays game.

Allen & Fleener looked good even though they had 1 reception each. Fleener's TD catch & Allen running 40 yards looked like a big hummer going down the field.

Wayne made some great catches especially on that last drive and almost had the first game winner.