Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

So what was your thought on lefedge as a starter this game?

hambone35

There wasn't enough done to say he was leagues better than Zibi, but he definitely didn't do anything to embarass himself today. I think he did a solid job filling in. I'll say that. I think Lefeged did have something to do with that 3rd and 5 the Colts stuffed the Lions on late in the 4th quarter that gave us the final possession that won the game.

I didn't get to see the game, but I read a few articles from bleacherreport (I know the complaints) that said he was responsible for the big td that Johnson got. Said he was cover the back end of that. Can anyone confirm?

No it was one of our CBs. When Stafford rolled out, that CB left Johnson to cover the TE or other WR I believe, leaving Davis to chase after Johnson from behind...Not really much of a chance there.

I was excited to see Davis (who played awsome) and Butler start as our cornerback duo.......but that did not happen. Can someone shed light as to why Vaugh is STILL starting? Vaugh is just OK, but thats about it. Davis and Butler could be a very good combo.

Lefeged played well. I want to see more of him. Zibs had his chance.

Right now our D is playing consitently better that it ever did in the Manning era!!!!! (I don't care about stats) Chuck Strong

I was excited to see Davis (who played awsome) and Butler start as our cornerback duo.......but that did not happen. Can someone shed light as to why Vaugh is STILL starting? Vaugh is just OK, but thats about it. Davis and Butler could be a very good combo.

Lefeged played well. I want to see more of him. Zibs had his chance.

Right now our D is playing consitently better that it ever did in the Manning era!!!!! (I don't care about stats) Chuck Strong

Butler started as well. The way Manusky was handling the coverages kept Vaughn on Johnson for some reason. Butler was on the field just as much, but he didn't have to cover Johnson much.

I thought Lefeged tackled well, but I didn't see anything spectacular. Overall, he seems to be better than Zib, but I saw nothing that would keep me from drafting a 1st round safety next year. Check that: watching McGlynn and Linkenbach trying to block Su and Fairley could have me drafting an OG like Barrett Jones of Alabama...

I thought Lefeged did alright. Not spectacular, not terrible.

Why the heck was Vaughn on Megatron all day??? At the very least put Butler on him.

Why was Davis not following Johnson all day??

again vontae just came back from injury so covering megatron wasnt the best idea the coaches probably figured megatron would get his catches nomatter who was on him so they had their best dbs shutting down all other options to force him to go to megatron all the time. The same strategy we used against denver when marshall set record for receptions

No it was one of our CBs. When Stafford rolled out, that CB left Johnson to cover the TE or other WR I believe, leaving Davis to chase after Johnson from behind...Not really much of a chance there.

What was the coverage there? I went back to look and we only rushed three. There had to be a blown coverage. With eight men back, somebody had to have the high zone. Who was it?

P.S. Lefeged was...solid. No obvious flaws etc.

Can someone shed light as to why Vaugh is STILL starting? Vaugh is just OK, but thats about it.

Vaughn is not OK, he is garbage. He gets picked on each and every week. I cannot wait until we have a new outside and nickel CB to go along with Davis next year.

I thought he looked great, alot of tackles good special teams play does he get the start from now on I think he should? What do you think

Not much......our coverage wasnt good...althiough its difficult to tell whose asignments are whos

...I'd rather have Zbikowski starting....we need experinece and its all on the line now