Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Getting rid of Tom Brady and the Pats...

bap1331

We can't just leave the NFC to do the job everytime, im tired of seeing them in the Super Bowl just so they can choke against the Giants...

Texans- they wont pull it off, theyre just not a good team in the long run...

Steelers-They always lose to the Patriots

Ravens-They have super bad luck when they face the Pats. Pats will always find a way to pick them apart like Peyton does...

Bengals-No chance whatsoever

Jets-Theyll find a way in the regular season but not in the playoffs...

The only kryptonites I can think of:

-Broncos-The only curse the Patriots have in the playoffs and they have Peyton this time

-Us Colts- :) We did fine in the first half! Then they just found a way to find holes on the offense and defense.

I know its too early but i cant stand seeing them in the playoffs...

The Ravens beat us already earlier in the year. They almost beat us in the AFCCG last year and beat us in the playoffs a couple seasons ago. Not sure what you're saying there... the Jets went to OT with the Pats earlier this year, beat us in the playoffs a few years ago, always a tough match up.

Did you watch the Broncos v Pats game last year? It wasn't even close. The only time the Broncos gave the Pats trouble was the 2005 playoffs. This year the defense was just as bad.

Probably the only two teams that scare me are the Jets and Ravens.

The Texans defense is terrible against good quarterbacks. Matt Schaub has never won a playoff game and has a knack of throwing the game away. He can get away with throwing bone headed picks in OT against the Jags and Lions but against the Patriots, game over.

Begnals, Steelers, and Colts just aren't there yet. I think the Bengals and Colts are a couple seasons away but will be tough as heck then.

Did you watch the Broncos v Pats game last year? It wasn't even close. The only time the Broncos gave the Pats trouble was the 2005 playoffs. This year the defense was just as bad.

The defense is better now. You converted a 3rd and 17 on the ground with Woodhead, not happening now. You converted a 3rd and 14 passing to Woodhead, not happening now. The reason is that MLB Joe Mays is on IR and has been replaced by Wesley Woodyard who is having a terrific year now. Jack Del Rio has shed seniority and has benched whoever does not play well and has figured out the right pieces.

Ask Drew Brees how tough the Broncos' pass D was. Ask the Bucs how tough the Broncos' run D was.

The game will still be close between the Pats and Broncos but the Broncos' D would not be as swiss cheese on run D as you saw earlier in the year.

Yeah, and the Colts were 2-14 what does last year have to do with this year? Nada!

Yeah you guys gave them a heck of a fight! What was it? 70-20 or something? Man what an epic battle. Almost won it. I think you guys can do it, I mean we sure can't, we're just plain awful.

:headspin:

Hush, you. If the Colts have a rematch with NE I 100% guarantee we hold them to under 50 points regardless of how those points are scored!

(Just for the record I still do not think the Colts if they get in, go to NE for the WC round. At least I still hope that.)

This, totally agree there. That's now 3 times in a row the Pats have dismantled Fox's defense and shredded them to bits.

We can't just leave the NFC to do the job everytime, im tired of seeing them in the Super Bowl just so they can choke against the Giants...

Texans- they wont pull it off, theyre just not a good team in the long run...

Steelers-They always lose to the Patriots

Ravens-They have super bad luck when they face the Pats. Pats will always find a way to pick them apart like Peyton does...

Bengals-No chance whatsoever

Jets-Theyll find a way in the regular season but not in the playoffs...

The only kryptonites I can think of:

-Broncos-The only curse the Patriots have in the playoffs and they have Peyton this time

-Us Colts- :) We did fine in the first half! Then they just found a way to find holes on the offense and defense.

I know its too early but i cant stand seeing them in the playoffs...

Want a tissue?

haven't the ravens won 3 of last 4 vs patriots? not sure why some people think the patriots are a juggernaut....they beat up the mediocre teams and struggle against good teams.

Our win vs the Broncos earlier on? Struggle against good teams? Last time I checked all the good teams we lost against we barely lost by field goals.

Mediocre teams? Get real son, we faced some good teams this year.

Hater lol

Our win vs the Broncos earlier on? Struggle against good teams? Last time I checked all the good teams we lost against we barely lost by field goals.

Mediocre teams? Get real son, we faced some good teams this year.

Hater lol

did you really just break out "son" on me? redneck....

The Ravens beat us already earlier in the year. They almost beat us in the AFCCG last year and beat us in the playoffs a couple seasons ago. Not sure what you're saying there... the Jets went to OT with the Pats earlier this year, beat us in the playoffs a few years ago, always a tough match up.

Probably the only two teams that scare me are the Jets and Ravens.

The Texans defense is terrible against good quarterbacks. Matt Schaub has never won a playoff game and has a knack of throwing the game away. He can get away with throwing bone headed picks in OT against the Jags and Lions but against the Patriots, game over.

Begnals, Steelers, and Colts just aren't there yet. I think the Bengals and Colts are a couple seasons away but will be tough as heck then.

I hope you guys CRUSH the Texans, but I think it's going to be interesting. I know historically the Patriots had an issue with the Denver Broncos and I think in particular the Mike Shanahan style of offense. The same style the Texans are currently playing. I don't think Shaub has had any recent match ups with the Pats that I can remember. The last time I saw Shaub playing against the Patriots was when he was with Atlanta. In that game I do remember Shaub putting up some pretty good numbers against the Patriots defense, and I think even Atlanta was running Mike Shanahans system if my memory serves me correctly. We'll see how much of the past is currently relevant. At any rate, It's going to be an interesting game for sure.

I still have some pressing questions about the Texans secondary. I've said for quite a while I don't respect them that deeply. Now they come into this Monday night game having Bryce Mcain out with a broken foot, and Jonathan Joseph banged up. Looks like they are getting thin in the secondary. I was reading one of my football sites and saw they brought Stanford Routt in for a workout. It wouldn't shock me if they signed him. Not that it will help much for the Monday nighter.

I hope you guys CRUSH the Texans, but I think it's going to be interesting. I know historically the Patriots had an issue with the Denver Broncos and I think in particular the Mike Shanahan style of offense. The same style the Texans are currently playing. I don't think Shaub has had any recent match ups with the Pats that I can remember. The last time I saw Shaub playing against the Patriots was when he was with Atlanta. In that game I do remember Shaub putting up some pretty good numbers against the Patriots defense, and I think even Atlanta was running Mike Shanahans system if my memory serves me correctly. We'll see how much of the past is currently relevant. At any rate, It's going to be an interesting game for sure.

I still have some pressing questions about the Texans secondary. I've said for quite a while I don't respect them that deeply. Now they come into this Monday night game having Bryce Mcain out with a broken foot, and Jonathan Joseph banged up. Looks like they are getting thin in the secondary. I was reading one of my football sites and saw they brought Stanford Routt in for a workout. It wouldn't shock me if they signed him. Not that it will help much for the Monday nighter.

I don't like going off of past games, especially 3 years ago. We beat the Patriots in the last game of the season. But a lot has changed.

Our secondary has been banged up, and now McCain is out for the year, unless we make the super bowl. Honestly, he's had a down year after a really good 2011 season. Brandon Harris will start, he played the whole game on Sunday vs Tennessee. He's a second year CB out of "The U".

I'm sure NE will spread the field just like GB. If we don't get pressure we're dead, doesn't matter how good your D is.

I don't like going off of past games, especially 3 years ago. We beat the Patriots in the last game of the season. But a lot has changed.

Our secondary has been banged up, and now McCain is out for the year, unless we make the super bowl. Honestly, he's had a down year after a really good 2011 season. Brandon Harris will start, he played the whole game on Sunday vs Tennessee. He's a second year CB out of "The U".

I'm sure NE will spread the field just like GB. If we don't get pressure we're dead, doesn't matter how good your D is.

The way you beat them is to pressure Brady,he makes mistakes when hes getting hit a few times

Recently posted in another thread... Brady's last three games against Denver and Fox's defense, all of which have been played in the past 12 months:

12/18/11 - Patriots 41, Broncos 23

23/34, 320 yards, 2 TDs no INTs

1/14/12 - Patriots 45, Broncos 10

26/34, 363 yards, 6 TDs, 1 INT

10/7/12 - Patriots 31, Broncos 21

23/31, 223 yards, 1 TD, no INTs

I'll take my chances with Denver.

haven't the ravens won 3 of last 4 vs patriots? not sure why some people think the patriots are a juggernaut....they beat up the mediocre teams and struggle against good teams.

In a true stroke of irony, I guess, what you're saying then, is that Manning's Broncos are mediocre huh? :thmup: ;)

The Ravens have beaten the Patriots twice in the post-Browns history of the franchise. Once in the '09 playoffs and then earlier this season in Baltimore. And I still don't believe that the winning kick was good but we can get into that another time. (Keep in mind, if the kick is OVER the upright, the ENTIRE BALL must be inside since you don't know what would happen if it actually hit the post.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsubn1vi0fg

Watch the clip through, it's not until the replay where you see a better angle.

just heard this , must be disappointing

Report: Julian Edelman (foot) could be done for season

probably go on IR needing foot surgerey, and apparently Pats will sign Donte Stallworth

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000105988/article/report-julian-edelman-could-be-done-for-season

Personaly I liked him in varying situations

Definitely a bummer. But there's a "but." ;)

Edelman is an exciting player... when he's healthy. Unfortunately that's about 50% of the time, it seems. They didn't have him for a good chunk of this season already due to a hand injury. He's one of those guys who always seems banged up for whatever reason.

If they can get Gronkowski back in time for the playoffs they'll be in good shape. There's only been one game all season where they had both Gronk and Hernandez in the line-up.

Definitely a bummer. But there's a "but." ;)

Edelman is an exciting player... when he's healthy. Unfortunately that's about 50% of the time, it seems. They didn't have him for a good chunk of this season already due to a hand injury. He's one of those guys who always seems banged up for whatever reason.

If they can get Gronkowski back in time for the playoffs they'll be in good shape. There's only been one game all season where they had both Gronk and Hernandez in the line-up.

true enough

true enough

That combo (Gronk-Hernandez) is just devastating because they can run the ball out of just about any formation, stay with a no-huddle and prevent the defense from subbing in and out, and basically just dominate with the personnel grouping. Two WRs, two TEs, one back... almost endless possibilities as far as formations and plays go. Hernandez can block from a TE spot or in the I-formation, plus he can run WR routes and operate from the slot. Gronk is like having another tackle on the field. So much of the Patriots' offense was supposed to be built around those two this year, and we've gotten to see it for all of about 75 minutes of actual game time!

That combo (Gronk-Hernandez) is just devastating because they can run the ball out of just about any formation, stay with a no-huddle and prevent the defense from subbing in and out, and basically just dominate with the personnel grouping. Two WRs, two TEs, one back... almost endless possibilities as far as formations and plays go. Hernandez can block from a TE spot or in the I-formation, plus he can run WR routes and operate from the slot. Gronk is like having another tackle on the field. So much of the Patriots' offense was supposed to be built around those two this year, and we've gotten to see it for all of about 75 minutes of actual game time!

no question and no matter how those 2 line up in the end the entire run game let alone passing improves

The big question is, without Gronk in the line up, how much will they produce vs the Texans and 49ers? Edelman by himself is not indispensable but what he can do in formations with Welker made the Pats more potent, IMO. Two guys with outstanding short area quickness in Edelman and Welker is what it boils down to. You can roll a LB double team only towards one in the slot. They will miss him for special teams though because he could provide a spark.

So, without Gronk and Edelman, will the Pats dare to use Welker as a punt returner as they have in the past? I would think that would be a bit risky. What do Pats fans think?

Recently posted in another thread... Brady's last three games against Denver and Fox's defense, all of which have been played in the past 12 months:

In a true stroke of irony, I guess, what you're saying then, is that Manning's Broncos are mediocre huh? :thmup: ;)

The Ravens have beaten the Patriots twice in the post-Browns history of the franchise. Once in the '09 playoffs and then earlier this season in Baltimore. And I still don't believe that the winning kick was good but we can get into that another time. (Keep in mind, if the kick is OVER the upright, the ENTIRE BALL must be inside since you don't know what would happen if it actually hit the post.)

https://www.youtube....h?v=bsubn1vi0fg

Watch the clip through, it's not until the replay where you see a better angle.

i was thinking the ravens beat them in the regular season last year, but me thinks i got them confused with the steelers. and honestly, the ravens outplayed them in the playoffs....which was the only winning team the pats beat all year.

and the broncos where kinda mediocre when the pats played them...imo they are playing much better now. and i wouldn't compare a tim tebow (king of the three and out) led team to one led by manning. not saying the pats are contenders, but i don't think they scare the top tier teams any longer....

i was thinking the ravens beat them in the regular season last year, but me thinks i got them confused with the steelers. and honestly, the ravens outplayed them in the playoffs....which was the only winning team the pats beat all year.

and the broncos where kinda mediocre when the pats played them...imo they are playing much better now. and i wouldn't compare a tim tebow (king of the three and out) led team to one led by manning. not saying the pats are contenders, but i don't think they scare the top tier teams any longer....

Yep. The 31-21 game earlier this year, several things happened that are less likely now. McGahee fumbling, Demaryius Thomas fumbling on opening possession (talk about a momentum swing), converting a 3rd and 17 on the ground and a 3rd and 14 via the pass against their big-liability-MLB Joe Mays who is on IR. Several key things that happened in the game that you probably cannot count on happening again. 250 yards of rushing, the Pats probably get half of that the next time they play the Broncos.

The big key to me is if the game is played in Denver. Peyton will gas the Pats' D in the 4th qtr. like he gassed them at the RCA dome and Lucas Oil Stadium in the high altitude forcing BB to go for more 4th downs. :)

Yeah, you can just throw those first two games out of the window. Hint: Tim Tebow. As for the last game, it was Peyton's what.. 5th game for a whole new team? Brady's been playing how many years for the same team? It takes time to gel, and even though Denver's offense is beginning to look a lot better, they're still light years behind what Peyton ran here. Next year, Denver will be scary, and I think they will win it all next season. This season, you'll probably beat them by 10 or so again.

Next year, Denver will be scary, and I think they will win it all next season. This season, you'll probably beat them by 10 or so again.

I doubt the margin will be 10 but I do give the edge to the Patriots because the weakness I saw in the Broncos' D middle still remains vs the TEs which is the strength of the Pats. If both Gronk and Hernandez are 100% and the game is in Foxboro, it is probably a slam dunk for the Pats though I doubt it will be 10 points, probably a TD or less. One good TE offense, Broncos' D can manage to work around, but 2 good TEs is what makes the Pats dangerous as a matchup, probably for most teams.

If the game is in Denver however, Pats may not be able to run their no huddle as effectively like in Foxboro and Peyton could tilt the scales in Denver's favor with the no huddle vs the Pats' D and possibly pull out a close game.

Another game Brady played vs a John Fox coached D was vs the Panthers that Brady won 32-29 in the SB, just an after thought. :)

Yep. The 31-21 game earlier this year, several things happened that are less likely now. McGahee fumbling, Demaryius Thomas fumbling on opening possession (talk about a momentum swing), converting a 3rd and 17 on the ground and a 3rd and 14 via the pass against their big-liability-MLB Joe Mays who is on IR. Several key things that happened in the game that you probably cannot count on happening again. 250 yards of rushing, the Pats probably get half of that the next time they play the Broncos.

The big key to me is if the game is played in Denver. Peyton will gas the Pats' D in the 4th qtr. like he gassed them at the RCA dome and Lucas Oil Stadium in the high altitude forcing BB to go for more 4th downs. :)

Yeah and Brady will finish gassing Denvers defense after the first QT after running no huddle, by the second qt they will be tapping out.

So, Colts fans...who ya'll rootin' for on Monday night?!?!?! ;)

haha I have to admit dynasty13 that your question made me chuckle pretty good. :D This game will show me exactly where Houston is at. Can they hang with the boys of Foxboro or not? A good test. Thank you for the Blue Horseshoe complement Snowglobe. I appreciate that. :thmup: