Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gnet550

One question from the game?

Why was Cassius Vaughn on Calvin so much? I thought Vontae played stellar today. He is our number one and can' t figure why he wasn't on Calvin more.

P.s. I do realize Davis was on him on the touchdown catch

Ditto, did Butler cover him at any point?

Maybe they figured they might as well use the better CBs in someone they could cover and offer Vaughan up as the lamb.

Some defenses put their best corner on the #2 receiver and roll their coverage around the #1 guy

I know the Ravens used to do this and I think the Jets still do it. Not sure though cause I recall Revis was on Moss a lot.

Actually I believe it was initially Butler that was on Calvin for the TD pass, who than backed off and Davis grabbed him.

man i really want the colts to get a good defense! i know everyone does but like seriously. people dont want us getting asomugha but we pretty much play just man coverage. is rodgers cromartie anygood?

Why was Cassius Vaughn on Calvin so much? I thought Vontae played stellar today. He is our number one and can' t figure why he wasn't on Calvin more.

P.s. I do realize Davis was on him on the touchdown catch

Before the game the Colts said they weren't going to cover Meg with anyone specifically. They were going to play their D and cover him on which ever side of the field he lined up.

I agree with the posters above (and you) Davis is our best CB but he's probably not 100% yet.

Some defenses put their best corner on the #2 receiver and roll their coverage around the #1 guy

I know the Ravens used to do this and I think the Jets still do it. Not sure though cause I recall Revis was on Moss a lot.

The Rams do this with Finnegan, use him as a joker CB. I'd prefer we keep Vontae on their best WR.