Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What were you doing during the Motor City Miracle?

PrincetonTiger

I was just watching the Colts game!!! For the first time, I had this excitement that I felt when Peyton was going down for a game winning drive for the Colts and I felt it for Luck and the Colts this time. Being honest here, it gave me goosebumps!!! :)

Ashamed to say I turned it when we were down big in the 4th. Wasn't on here posting doom and gloom. Just thought their d-line was getting us to rattled. Oh yeah and that guy megaton. Jumped on to check score to find out we won. Seriously, so threw myself on the ground and beat the crap out of myself for not hanging in their CHUCKSTRONG like our boys did! Never again will I doubt!

Well... I was watching this Colts team very Intensly having my doubts that they could pull such a thing off. Then very calmy and swiftly it seemed we strike for two touch down in about 4 min. And on the final drive I was about to have a heart attack up untill the score. Still trying to calm down. Simply amazed again and getting tought by this team to never doubt them or not believe in them because they prove me wrong, and they Believe so thats what matters.

was watching it at a bar with some Colts buddies ive met out here in Portland.

I almost fell off my bar stool when Reggie almost caught that TD. I made sure I was standing up after that. I probably would have face planted if I kept sitting on that last play.

I had switched over to the NFL redzone, watching the Rams-Niners and Bears-Seahawks going into OT. The redzone then switched to three screens-- Colts being the third game. Needless to say, I switched back just in time to see THE DRIVE. What a play at the end. Heart attack time. Must admit I was praying "please let us score a touchdown" and yes, I did say "thank you" when we did. Not onlyh was the TD cool, but did you all catch how quickly Andrew became a blocker to ensure the run the the end zone. Can't wait to go to the game next week. Our fans will definitely be pumped to the max.

I went to sleep out of boredom at halftime and woke up with 8 min to go in the 4th. I grumbled for a few minutes, then woke up around 4:00 left. OMG - we are back in the mode where if behind 2 scores with 4 or 5 minutes to go - it's not over.....

I am still trying to fully get my head around being behind 2 scores with 2:40 left, and a rookie GM, rookie interim HC, rookie QB, and mostly rookies and 1st year guys on the field.. ..... AND we Win!!!

I don't yet understand how we did that ... but, I am Tremendously enjoying trying to get it.

I missed it. Had important stuff to do and my radio in my jeep burned out last week. Watched until the 4th and had to go.

Friggin missed it.

We watched the entire game, until the last minute or so....... Stupid network here switched to the Bengals/Chargers game, and we missed the winning TD :argh:

I missed it. Had important stuff to do and my radio in my jeep burned out last week. Watched until the 4th and had to go.

Friggin missed it.

Ahhh Ken that sucks to hear!!

I was just laying in bed drinking beer, posting on the forum thinking to myself ack this is goin to be incredibly difficult.

I was down, then we scored to bring it to within 5...then the Lions got a first down and I thought it was all over. But when the punt went out of bounds at the 25, I thought "just maybe..." I was at the 1st JAX game where Luck did his magic only for the D to let him down, and then he almost did it again. And I've seen the game winning drives this season, so I thought we might have a shot (but I wasn't holding my breath). So, I leaned forward on my couch and began chewing my nails (cuticles are killing me right now)...watched it unfold, and on the winning TD I jumped and yelled "YEAH!!" so loud it scared my dog...What a game. Defining road win IMO, Detroit had this game won and they couldn't put it away. Part of it was them finding a way to lose, but we still had to go out and win the darn game!

Texting my Dolphins fan friend who has Reggie on his fantasy team. After they got inside the 30 I told him he might get a Reggie TD in the next 30sec. He didn't, b ut I was happy as heck any way.

That's weird I was grillin ribs n such but also texting my Dolphin buddy who ALSO has Reggie haha. Had my laptop outside streaming the game as well haha.

Funny story, I was working in a restaurant during a rush. I went to the restroom so I could check the score on my NFL app. I saw that we were down by 5 with like 52 seconds left and that (according to my app) Detroit had the ball. I assumed we had lost for the next 3 hours. I'm not fun to work with when the Colts lose lol. Glad to know I was wrong.

Funny story, I was working in a restaurant during a rush. I went to the restroom so I could check the score on my NFL app. I saw that we were down by 5 with like 52 seconds left and that (according to my app) Detroit had the ball. I assumed we had lost for the next 3 hours. I'm not fun to work with when the Colts lose lol. Glad to know I was wrong.

Well, my app kept showing Detroit with 30 points, then 33, then 27, then 30, then...then the Colts with 28. It was really wired for a long while - then it stopped updating with under a minute left. I figured we'd los and tried to log onto the game thread. 27 pages worth!! Darn thing wouldn't load for some reason, taking forever.

Then I get a text from my brother & (Colts fan) niece: "Unbelievable!" and "OH MY GOD!!!! That play! The win!! WOW!!!"

Took me another 15 mins or so to find the video of the last play. Just WOW...amazing Luck.

-d.

I was at a friend's house watching it on my cell phone smoking some wings. I pretty much chalked it as a lose, and mad but I kept watching then said we have a chance. Luck in the one minute drill then it was 4 and something, with 4 seconds I said we'll at least we tried. This is it all of a sudden shovel pass td we win I was like you sure but never gave up.

was watching it at a bar with some Colts buddies ive met out here in Portland.

I almost fell off my bar stool when Reggie almost caught that TD. I made sure I was standing up after that. I probably would have face planted if I kept sitting on that last play.

Fellow Portlander here! I have tan into a few Colts fans...glad to know there are some of us.

I was watching the game on the Sunday Ticket on my iPad at the hospital waiting to bring my wife and newborn daughter home. The win enhanced the memory for sure!