Photo

chelsea's first 2013 mock draft

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
16 replies to this topic

#1 chelsea_fc

chelsea_fc
  • 137 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 10:51 AM

Ok so this is my first topic ever made, wanna give this a shot and see what you guys think.

First off, I believe the colts will fix the offensive line in free agency, so you will not see that reflected in my draft. Second, for my mocks' purpose I'm going to say the Colts will be picking 22nd in the draft.

ROUND 1 (Pick 22): Sam Montgomery, DE, LSU

- Honestly I'm surprised this guy hasn't started being brought up more, he's sliding a bit (kiper has him down to 16th on his board), the colts would have to be a little bit lucky to see him fall to us, but with the amount of defensive line talent on the board this year I would not be surprised to see him fall to us. He would be perfect to pair with Mathis and continue our transition to the 3-4.

ROUND 3 (Pick 86): Desmond Trufant, CB, Washington

- A solid all around CB with good cover skills, could be a good fit for us as the number 2 CB. Bring him in and pair him up with Vontae and lets see what they can do.

ROUND 4 (Pick 118): Robert Lester, S, Alabama

- Zibikowski is not the answer for us in the secondary, more of just a stop gap. The colts I believe could look for a safety earlier in the draft, but with us having other needs this seems like the right round to grab one. Lester has had solid production the past 3 years and he continues to get better and has had 14 interceptions over those 3 years, so he has a nose for the ball, and we all know how much we would love if the colts could force a few more turnovers on defense.

ROUND 5 (Pick 150): Tyrann Mathieu, CB, LSU

- With the recent news of him entering the draft this year, I started to think about if the Colts should take a shot at him. I'll be the first to say I have no idea where he's going to go in the draft, but if hes around with this pick I think he would be worth a shot. No matter what you think of him, he's a playmaker and I believe could excell as our slot corner. Put him with Vontae and Trufant, and the Colts could turn one of there biggest weaknesses into a strength

Feel free to comment and let me know how I did, try not to be too harsh to me though.

Game Rewind: Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind. Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind.

#2 Nobody

Nobody
  • 5521 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 10:56 AM

I like it, but I don't think we need to use 2 picks on CBs, and I feel there would be better players at bigger positions of need in the third. Still, wouldn't mind this.

Also, go Gunners! :heh:
I will delete this when the new Colts win a Super Bowl.

Come on boys, let's get rid of the rest of my sig!

#3 ALuck>RG3

ALuck>RG3
  • 396 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 11:05 AM

I like it, but I don't think we need to use 2 picks on CBs, and I feel there would be better players at bigger positions of need in the third. Still, wouldn't mind this.

Also, go Gunners! :heh:

lol arsenal's beast o and torres sux

#4 PrincetonTiger

PrincetonTiger
  • Memb ns
  • 18094 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 11:10 AM

Not bad but I would go with a OL instead of Matheau
Onward Princeton Forward Princeton

PrincetonTiger77

#5 GoColtsGo5150

GoColtsGo5150
  • 635 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 11:49 AM

Couple of : i know montgomery is a talented player but it seems that the o line is a bigger priority ( maybe chance warmark or barrett jones) also youve put a lot of CBs, maybe instead a NT like jesse williams

#6 GoColtsGo5150

GoColtsGo5150
  • 635 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 11:57 AM

First off, I believe the colts will fix the offensive line in free agency, so you will not see that reflected in my draft. Second, for my mocks' purpose I'm going to say the Colts will be picking 22nd in the draft.

Feel free to comment and let me know how I did, try not to be too harsh to me though.

Sorry only just read about the Oline idea after i posted my 1st comment, overall i do like you draft despite it being your first

#7 UKColt13

UKColt13
  • 933 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 05:37 PM

I would go either O line or SS in RD1, and then OLB in RD3 then some corner help afterwards.
Twitter: @AidenRudd

#8 chelsea_fc

chelsea_fc
  • 137 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 06:41 PM

After watching this game I stand by my selections of a pass rusher then everything else secondary help lol

#9 chelsea_fc

chelsea_fc
  • 137 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 06:43 PM

And yes chelsea is having a down year, were gonna go through 2 managers in one year at this rate...and torres is my least favorite player on the team

#10 BLOODontheTRACKS

BLOODontheTRACKS
  • 9861 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 10:31 PM

And yes chelsea is having a down year, were gonna go through 2 managers in one year at this rate...and torres is my least favorite player on the team

i honestly thought you were a woman named chelsea lol

#11 chelsea_fc

chelsea_fc
  • 137 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:38 AM

i honestly thought you were a woman named chelsea lol

Yeah thats why I put the FC at the end of my name to try and avoid the confusion...forgot to put it in the title of my topic though

#12 chelsea_fc

chelsea_fc
  • 137 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:42 AM

Not bad but I would go with a OL instead of Matheau

I agree we need OL help (desperatly, I might add), but like i said in my OP I believe the Colts will address that in free agency. Our secondary though is drastically missing a playmaker, and if Mathieu is still there in the 5th I think taking a flyer on a potentially huge playmaker would be great value at that pick. Remember he not only could make plays on defense, he also made plays as a returner.

#13 pacolts56

pacolts56
  • 3103 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:39 AM

I agree we need OL help (desperatly, I might add), but like i said in my OP I believe the Colts will address that in free agency. Our secondary though is drastically missing a playmaker, and if Mathieu is still there in the 5th I think taking a flyer on a potentially huge playmaker would be great value at that pick. Remember he not only could make plays on defense, he also made plays as a returner.

I like your take on the free-agent approach to our O-line and I like the Montgomery pick alot given who could be at the #22 spot.

But I think Mathieu. right or wrong, will benefit on Draft Day from Janoris Jenkins' very impressive rookie year. Jenkins was every bit the time-bomb Mathieu is coming out of college....but only fell to the 2nd round.

If Mathieu DOES fall to Round 5....then by all means we should grab him and take the shot on his talent. I just don't he will.

“With Andrew, the "it" factor is his knack for making people better.

He wants his teammates to have success, wants them to get the credit.

I’ve never seen anybody like him in that respect.”  – HS Coach Eliot Allen

#14 gbrads_rants

gbrads_rants
  • 570 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:45 PM

I hope we go DB or Safety in RD 1, This draft has a good amount of DT, and 3-4 OLB types, we can get one in the third round.

#15 GrizzColt

GrizzColt
  • 1088 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:50 AM

Good draft. We need secondary and Oline, but as Parcell's says, getting a guy to pressure the qB is a top priority. The Giants have won 2 SB's with that philosphy. We'll never beat Tom Brady if we don't pressure him. The times we did beat him, Freeney was in his prime and was getting to him a lot.

#16 Playmaker

Playmaker
  • 96 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 03:04 AM

Tyrann Mathieu,is more than likely going to be a Safety in the NFL. I don't think anyone really has a clue where he will go yet, but 5th round sounds about right now. We really don't add much to help Luck either.

#17 Gavin

Gavin
  • 18576 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 03:17 AM

1.Chance Warmack
3.Brandon Jenkins
4.Brandan Bishop

Sticking with that if we dont manage more picks

COLTS TICKETS!

Single Game Tickets Available!

BUY THEM TODAY!
Join the Stampede!