Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

chelsea's first 2013 mock draft

Ok so this is my first topic ever made, wanna give this a shot and see what you guys think.

First off, I believe the colts will fix the offensive line in free agency, so you will not see that reflected in my draft. Second, for my mocks' purpose I'm going to say the Colts will be picking 22nd in the draft.

ROUND 1 (Pick 22): Sam Montgomery, DE, LSU

- Honestly I'm surprised this guy hasn't started being brought up more, he's sliding a bit (kiper has him down to 16th on his board), the colts would have to be a little bit lucky to see him fall to us, but with the amount of defensive line talent on the board this year I would not be surprised to see him fall to us. He would be perfect to pair with Mathis and continue our transition to the 3-4.

ROUND 3 (Pick 86): Desmond Trufant, CB, Washington

- A solid all around CB with good cover skills, could be a good fit for us as the number 2 CB. Bring him in and pair him up with Vontae and lets see what they can do.

ROUND 4 (Pick 118): Robert Lester, S, Alabama

- Zibikowski is not the answer for us in the secondary, more of just a stop gap. The colts I believe could look for a safety earlier in the draft, but with us having other needs this seems like the right round to grab one. Lester has had solid production the past 3 years and he continues to get better and has had 14 interceptions over those 3 years, so he has a nose for the ball, and we all know how much we would love if the colts could force a few more turnovers on defense.

ROUND 5 (Pick 150): Tyrann Mathieu, CB, LSU

- With the recent news of him entering the draft this year, I started to think about if the Colts should take a shot at him. I'll be the first to say I have no idea where he's going to go in the draft, but if hes around with this pick I think he would be worth a shot. No matter what you think of him, he's a playmaker and I believe could excell as our slot corner. Put him with Vontae and Trufant, and the Colts could turn one of there biggest weaknesses into a strength

Feel free to comment and let me know how I did, try not to be too harsh to me though.

First off, I believe the colts will fix the offensive line in free agency, so you will not see that reflected in my draft. Second, for my mocks' purpose I'm going to say the Colts will be picking 22nd in the draft.

Feel free to comment and let me know how I did, try not to be too harsh to me though.

Sorry only just read about the Oline idea after i posted my 1st comment, overall i do like you draft despite it being your first

Not bad but I would go with a OL instead of Matheau

I agree we need OL help (desperatly, I might add), but like i said in my OP I believe the Colts will address that in free agency. Our secondary though is drastically missing a playmaker, and if Mathieu is still there in the 5th I think taking a flyer on a potentially huge playmaker would be great value at that pick. Remember he not only could make plays on defense, he also made plays as a returner.

I agree we need OL help (desperatly, I might add), but like i said in my OP I believe the Colts will address that in free agency. Our secondary though is drastically missing a playmaker, and if Mathieu is still there in the 5th I think taking a flyer on a potentially huge playmaker would be great value at that pick. Remember he not only could make plays on defense, he also made plays as a returner.

I like your take on the free-agent approach to our O-line and I like the Montgomery pick alot given who could be at the #22 spot.

But I think Mathieu. right or wrong, will benefit on Draft Day from Janoris Jenkins' very impressive rookie year. Jenkins was every bit the time-bomb Mathieu is coming out of college....but only fell to the 2nd round.

If Mathieu DOES fall to Round 5....then by all means we should grab him and take the shot on his talent. I just don't he will.

Good draft. We need secondary and Oline, but as Parcell's says, getting a guy to pressure the qB is a top priority. The Giants have won 2 SB's with that philosphy. We'll never beat Tom Brady if we don't pressure him. The times we did beat him, Freeney was in his prime and was getting to him a lot.