Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Near playoffs mock/FA

1. Ezekiel Ansah(BYU)beast and freakish athlete, just learned football 3 years ago DE

3.sean porter(TAMU)- changed schemes and fell OLB

4. Desmond Trufant- (Washington)play him opposite Davis and leave butler in the slot (CB)

5.Ray-ray Armstrong( the U) kicked off the team but still talented (SS)

FA

Mike Wallace/ Dwayne Bowe- either way our WR corp is dangerous

Andy Levitre with our new guard should at least give Luck more time

The idea is not to sign a huge amount of free agents, so we can keep cap flexibility in the future to resign our young core

Thoughts

Love the 1st round pick.... and while I like your picks in 3/4/5, my concern is the same for all of them.... that they won't be available when we pick in those rounds. They'll either go a round sooner, or higher in the round when you want us to take them.

As for FA.... I think both Wallace and Bowe want $10m+ per year for 5 years. My hunch is that Grigson doesn't want to do that.

Levitre I like....

Again, props for Ansah.... you and one or two other posters have commented on him. He's a sleeper for right now, but not sure how much longer he'll be under the radar...

Love the 1st round pick.... and while I like your picks in 3/4/5, my concern is the same for all of them.... that they won't be available when we pick in those rounds. They'll either go a round sooner, or higher in the round when you want us to take them.

As for FA.... I think both Wallace and Bowe want $10m+ per year for 5 years. My hunch is that Grigson doesn't want to do that.

Levitre I like....

Again, props for Ansah.... you and one or two other posters have commented on him. He's a sleeper for right now, but not sure how much longer he'll be under the radar...

the only player I reached on was porter, but only by a few picks, others were in my expected rounds, as for ray ray he was expected a round lower.

Levitre I like....

ziggy is a beast, i think he's 6'7 270lbs and was a track star

I'm worried about the combine because that's when he'll shoot up because of his workout numbers

Levitre I like....

I love the first round pick as well. I've been calling for Ansah so much!!!

Levitre I like...

Gasp I'm that second poster. Seriously though why isn't the guy getting brought up around here. He's an animal. With Freeney and Mathis' tutelage, he could be the next Reggie White. Okay not that good but you get my point

Gasp I'm that second poster. Seriously though why isn't the guy getting brought up around here. He's an animal. With Freeney and Mathis' tutelage, he could be the next Reggie White. Okay not that good but you get my point

Why isn't he getting brought up? Are you serious? I have brought him up so much and everyone that replies says that he doesn't have good enough numbers or someone in the draft is a better athlete. I have brought him up a ton!!!

Why isn't he getting brought up? Are you serious? I have brought him up so much and everyone that replies says that he doesn't have good enough numbers or someone in the draft is a better athlete. I have brought him up a ton!!!

Coltguy

You have to understand I haven't been on this forum for a month sans 3 days ago

Nah dont like that whatsoever

I dont get the Ezekiel Ansah love, Just has not produced until this year and like already said, he has not been playing football long either, Definitly not worth a 1st round pick, I see him as more project player at this point even with the year of production

Porter is undersized in my opinion for a 3-4 scheme

I like the other two but think Trufant is drafted to high, I think Ray Ray will go before Trufant does and thats with the trouble Ray Ray has been in

Nah dont like that whatsoever

I dont get the Ezekiel Ansah love, Just has not produced until this year and like already said, he has not been playing football long either, Definitly not worth a 1st round pick, I see him as more project player at this point even with the year of production

Porter is undersized in my opinion for a 3-4 scheme

I like the other two but think Trufant is drafted to high, I think Ray Ray will go before Trufant does and thats with the trouble Ray Ray has been in

i see him as a 6th rounder and ziggy didn't get a start until his 5 th game

1. Ezekiel Ansah(BYU)beast and freakish athlete, just learned football 3 years ago DE

3.sean porter(TAMU)- changed schemes and fell OLB

4. Desmond Trufant- (Washington)play him opposite Davis and leave butler in the slot (CB)

5.Ray-ray Armstrong( the U) kicked off the team but still talented (SS)

FA

Mike Wallace/ Dwayne Bowe- either way our WR corp is dangerous

Andy Levitre with our new guard should at least give Luck more time

The idea is not to sign a huge amount of free agents, so we can keep cap flexibility in the future to resign our young core

Thoughts

Probably my favorite mock up.... I like Levitre, I like the pick up of Trufant and Ray Ray in the late rounds I even like Sean Porter...However I'd prefer us getting a SS in the first round.

You misunderstood my friend. See he's saying that while he likes the pick he would much rather have safety as a higher priority and therefore be addressed ASAP

You misunderstood my friend. See he's saying that while he likes the pick he would much rather have safety as a higher priority and therefore be addressed ASAP

this safety class is quite weak and the d line class is stronger and would prefer a d or o lineman

Last years Safety class was weak once you got past Mark Barron, I never considered Smith all that great, this Safety class is clearly deeper

in no particular order

1.Rambo

2.Vaccaro

3.Elam

4.Jefferson

5.Reid

6.Mcdonald

7.Robert Lester

Thats 7 Safeties who have potential to slide into the 1st, most wont but this years class is deep

Last years Safety class was weak once you got past Mark Barron, I never considered Smith all that great, this Safety class is clearly deeper

in no particular order

1.Rambo

2.Vaccaro

3.Elam

4.Jefferson

5.Reid

6.Mcdonald

7.Robert Lester

Thats 7 Safeties who have potential to slide into the 1st, most wont but this years class is deep

I would go

1. Vaccaro

2. Elam

3. Shawn Williams

4. Reid

5. Jefferson

6. Mcdonald

7. Lester

8. Rambo

in no particular order

1.Rambo

2.Vaccaro

3.Elam

4.Jefferson

5.Reid

6.Mcdonald

7.Robert Lester

Sorry.... but most of them have no chance of sliding into the first... a few of them, maybe... then a few more in the 2nd, maybe... then a few more in the 3rd, and so on...

Some of those players have completely played their way out of first round consideration... McDonald and Lester for two, and I don't think Jefferson ever way a 1st round possibility... it's no insult to say these guys are good and may go in the 2nd or 3rd round... not everyone can go in the first...

Sorry.... but most of them have no chance of sliding into the first... a few of them, maybe... then a few more in the 2nd, maybe... then a few more in the 3rd, and so on...

Some of those players have completely played their way out of first round consideration... McDonald and Lester for two, and I don't think Jefferson ever way a 1st round possibility... it's no insult to say these guys are good and may go in the 2nd or 3rd round... not everyone can go in the first...

No I dont believe all 7 will, that would be absurd