Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Zbikowski Out and Davis Starting [Merge]

HtownColt

Will it really matter if Lefeged outplays Zibi? IMO,the O-line looked better with Shipley at C but once Satele got healthy he returned to starter.

I'm not one who thought Shipley outplayed Satele. Not that Satele's performance was clearly better than Shipley's, by the way, but he's the starter. If Shipley had come in and dominated -- which I don't think he did -- that would be a different story.

If Lefeged comes in for Zbikowski and makes a significant different because of his play, I would think the coaches would keep him in the game even when Zbikowski comes back. At the very least, they would get him more snaps on defense. I think he's had precious few so far this season.

All things being equal, I'd rather see us use Lefeged deep and away from the line of scrimmage, and let Bethea play more in the box. I think Lefeged is better at free safety than he is at strong safety.

I'm not glad Zbikowski is hurt, but I'm glad to see Lefeged get a chance to play. Seeing what Lefeged and even Sergio Brown can do will give the Colts a chance to see if their worth keeping around. I have been calling for Lefeged to be given a chance all year and I'm exited to see what he can do, he showed some good ball skills last season, lets hope for the Colts sake that he can come up with a big game Sunday, as the Lions are a big challenge in the passing game. "GO COLTS"

I hope Lefeged or Brown do well because if they do it helps the Colts but I really doubt either is some hidden gem sitting on the bench. Keep in mind Lefeged was splitting time with Caldwell last year. Both Brown and Lefeged are largely because of how good both are at Special Teams. I think Zibs might honestly be the best of the three when it comes to the safety. With that said I would love to be wrong and Brown or Lefeged to turn out to be a star.

Safety play is going to be huge in this game, especially when helping out with Megatron... I hope Lefeged shows the same kind of acumen that he has clearly illustrated on ST. Its a good opportunity for both he and Sergio at a position where we seem to be pretty thin. I hope the punt cover team doesn't suffer too much from the loss of one or both of them or their full attention this week. I like Joe Lefeged's potential, but I think we might be drafting a Safety next year with one of our three picks.

Pro Football Focus gives Zibikowski a 1.7 grade in pass defense and a -4.7 grade in run defense

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth

Many games I've seen this year I've felt the safety play was a weakness. Zibi has flashed at times, but he certainly lacks physicality, not the best tackler in the world, and is so so in pass coverage. Bethea has been okay, but nothing special. He used to be a bit of a play maker.

Lefeged has been a special teams monster this year.

Hopefully he brings that same intensity to the defense. We haven't seen too much intensity from Zbi. Maybe the Zbi injury is the breaking out party for Joe.

Also, thank goodness we have Vontae back. I could see Calvin going for 200+ if he went against Cassius and Darius.

We need a playmaker at safety. The Ravens and Steelers 3-4 was at it's best when they had Ed Reed and Troy Polamalu making plays in the secondary. Zbikowski is just a serviceable filler until we find that person. I see no reason why Lefeged couldn't do the same, though I doubt he is that person either.

Hes got 10 tackles in 11 games this year thats not good even for a special teamer in my opinion

He's a gunner. His biggest contribution on special teams has been the downed punts close to the end zone. In that respect, Lefeged has been awesome.

Also, 10 special teams tackles in 11 games is plenty, especially for a gunner.

Hes got 10 tackles in 11 games this year thats not good even for a special teamer in my opinion

Ok...

When it comes to coverage teams, he's by far the best. On punt returns, he's always the first one down getting the ball. He's probably saved the ball from going in the endzone a few times. He's also doesn't allow returners to return the balls as he's right there before the ball gets there.

Tackles don't even tell half the story when it comes to special teams, because there is sooo much more than tackles. Go and watch the special teams performance in the Chicago game. Two punts were going into the endzone but he batted them out and the Bears got the ball inside the 5 yard line.

The ST unit has been a bright spot this and I'd say Joe is a major reason for that.

Im not saying Lefedged isn't our best special teams players, he has done great at downing Punts inside the red zone, but we are allowing if my math is correct) 9.1 yards per return, which is not all his fault, its a group effort but I'd like to see alot more out of him