Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tom Moore Joins Titans Coaching Staff

krunk

Don't be picking on my legendary friend! :) He is a Colt 4-ever!!!!! :shoe: :helmet: :throwback: :lombardi::coltshelmet::coltslogo::coltshorse::coltsfb::colts: :manning: !!!!!!!

still want full explanation of why he left Colts to begin with, just never made sense after he signed with other teams , same with mudd, could of been " consultant " for as long as they were wanted, just not coaches

still want full explanation of why he left Colts to begin with, just never made sense after he signed with other teams , same with mudd, could of been " consultant " for as long as they were wanted, just not coaches

I seem to think he felt he got snubbed by the organization when Caldwell was hired as HC and not Tom.

I seem to think he felt he got snubbed by the organization when Caldwell was hired as HC and not Tom.

He said a hundred times he wasn't interested in being a head coach. The more popular belief was that Chris Polian pushed him out, and I don't really believe that one either.

He said a hundred times he wasn't interested in being a head coach. The more popular belief was that Chris Polian pushed him out, and I don't really believe that one either.

I honestly think the team and Tom just felt he was not needed any longer. Peyton ran the O.

Hey, we do live in a capitalist country & if someone values your 38 years of NFL experience & is willing to handsomely compensate you for that offensive expertise more power to you Tom why not.

As long as you are healthy & your wife & family is cool with this move & the hours that you are gone, go for it Mr. Moore. :thmup:

Thanks Krunk for the story link & this blog post too my friend! ;)

I thought it had something to do with his retirement and being a consultant would not have any effect on his retirement. A consultant is a contract job. This was the way I understood things but maybe someone else knows better. :dunno:

thats why he became a colt consultant as couldnt stay a coach with the colts or lose retirement benefits, , could of stayed a consultant for as long as he & colts wanted, then he & mudd supposedly wanted more family time or somthing like that so retired just to go back to work ???? weird

read above comment, but who really knows the behind the scene stuff, just like Peytons Exit, I just didnt think Colts reason made sense

read above comment, but who really knows the behind the scene stuff, just like Peytons Exit, I just didnt think Colts reason made sense

Yea, I remember him saying it multiple times. Humans can be fickle sometimes though. Although I doubt Tom is like that.