Photo

Houston writer rips Indy fans and Luck

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
229 replies to this topic

#201 southwest1

southwest1
  • 14556 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:35 PM

I don't view Colts-Texans as a rivalry. Yet. The Texans were just not good in the first years and couldn't really compete with anyone, much less the Colts. We started getting decent around 2007 and started playing close games with Indy in 2008. In 2011 when we got really good the Colts were terrible without Manning, and that second meeting was Yates and no Andre after we clinched. Maybe this year is the start of a true rivalry, it's kinda crazy that the schedule is the way it is, having it build up to be a really good matchup late in the year.

The only rivalry we've really had is with the Titans, because they used to be the Oilers and we hate Bud Adams and everyone hates the Titans anyway.

I would say the Texans were NOT horrible per say. They just had no answer for Peyton Manning. That's why Mario Williams was drafted in 2006 vs Reggie Bush by then GM Charley Casserly. Hiring HC Gary Kubiak was also a smart move that turned the fate of the Texans for good IMO in addition to acquiring RB Arian Foster as well.

Also TBH, DC Wade Phillips fell in your lap & he was a God send after being fired from Dallas in 2010 because your pass rush, secondary, and DB coverage was simply awful before Wade showed up in Houston.
"Invincibility lies in the defense; the possibility of victory in the attack." Sun Tzu

Game Rewind: Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind. Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind.

#202 superrep1967

superrep1967
  • 993 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:35 PM

Frist thing about article is the guy clearly is a hater & frist class * who is bias againest Indy. I Think we all love Peyton & most didn't want to see him go & all wished him the best! Luck is about as far away of a game manager as you can get he CARRIES our Offense. He brings up Dalton HE WAS THE ULTAMITE GAME MANAGER!! The writer clearly dislikes Indy for kicking Houstons butt for years & they the Texans don't get the National respect he probably deserve. I personally have respect for Houston but hate them the MOST of all teams in our divison even when we would beat them they were close hard fought games inwhich they would whine about after like babies. He was probably ragging on the attention Luck gets but honestly I still feel we are not a very good team, we play hard & have a rookie QB we lean HEAVILY on but we are inproving and are tough. We still have some GAPING holes. I realy didn't care much about the Houston games becuase I really didn't think they would matter much to our final outcome playoff wise, there I said it PLAYOFFS, my inturst was more to see how we compared to them, but now I do care!!. RG3 is having a very nice year He also plays on a MUCH BETTER TEAM not record wise but Washington is better! He would have been good here as well, I don't think he would stand up to the pounding Luck takes on a Daily bais OUR OL IS HORRIABLE other than Castonzo who finally seems to be getting it. This guy gave the Colts & all of us more reason to Hate Houston, & they better get use to it They HATE THAT INDY IS GOOD AGAIN! And they thought they were done with us when peyton left & we blow up the team HA HA WERE BACK for many years to come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :blueshoe: :disco:

Awesome post!!

#203 Coltsince4

Coltsince4
  • 850 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:33 PM

Hahahaha yeah, Titans fans are known for being just as snarky as their players. I'm glad you enjoyed your time at Reliant Stadium, pretty nice place huh? ;) Everyone is welcome here...except Cowboys fans. haha

If I find my pictures from my time at the game I'll put one up!!

#204 SupermanLuck12

SupermanLuck12
  • 3726 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:48 PM

Blah.
"In Grigson We Trust!"

#205 Susie Q

Susie Q

If You Knew Susie

• 2928 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:45 PM

You always seem to come around whenever I am out of likes. I'm sure a little post from me should be almost as good as a positive vote. haha :clap:

I have a suggestion QwizBoy you need to save a couple of likes for when Gramz and Susie Q get on the board later in the evening. :funny: :yahoo: :monkeydance: Just a thought. :thmup: haha

#206 southwest1

southwest1
  • 14556 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:12 PM

If I find my pictures from my time at the game I'll put one up!!

Very Cool Cs4! :dancing: I hope you do indeed find them. I always enjoying seeing my friends football pictures at the game. Let me know if you do indeed post them okay buddy...Thanks. ;)
"Invincibility lies in the defense; the possibility of victory in the attack." Sun Tzu

#207 QwizBoy

QwizBoy
  • 8233 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:25 PM

I have a suggestion QwizBoy you need to save a couple of likes for when Gramz and Susie Q get on the board later in the evening. :funny: :yahoo: :monkeydance: Just a thought. :thmup: haha

haha You are right Susie Q. When will I learn my lesson? I need to stop giving out likes like they grow on trees or something. :dunno: Time to start rationing out likes during the day so I can save some for my favorite night buddies! :worthy: :kitty:

Houston Texans, 2011, 2012 AFC South Champions

#208 Narcosys

Narcosys
  • 2298 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:06 AM

Here is a response article to it.

http://www.coltsauth...er-written.html

#209 Bleedinblue

Bleedinblue
  • 47 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:51 AM

This stinks. I had a great idea for an article I was gonna write but now I fear it is too late as it will appear I'm a copy cat (never mind the fact that I've never written an article before). The main theme of my article was about how Houston fans have placed Arian Foster in such high regard while totally forgetting about Earl Campbell. Come on Houston fans...start livin in the was.

#210 southwest1

southwest1
  • 14556 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:44 AM

Here is a response article to it.

http://www.coltsauth...er-written.html

Any interesting counter argument Narcosys to Mr. Baldwin's piece. My favorite part of the entire article:

The Colts get the win (20-13) and Luck draws all the praise. It doesn't matter that he throws for only 240 yards, marking the second time in three games that he hasn't cracked 250 yards.

straw man argument: (n) A rhetorical device that is meant to easily prove that one’s position or argument is superior to an opposing argument. However, the straw man argument is regarded as a logical fallacy, because at its core, the person using the device misrepresents the other person's argument.

I was at that game. Also, I read and watched lots and lots of analysis after that game. Not ONE person gave Luck any sort of credit for anything, nor should they have. T.Y. Hilton, though, got lots of credit. The Colts defense got lots of credit. The cheerleaders who shaved their heads got lots of credit.

To recap: Luck did not draw “all the praise.” Luck did not draw “most of the praise” or “some of the praise” or “any praise whatsoever, in any conceivable fashion.”

Jealousy or projection perhaps Mr. Baldwin? Accuse the opposition of doing something petty and small because your team has drawn the short Playoff straw & failed to cross the SB thresh hold perhaps. "Me thinks you doth protest a little too much sir." Yes Mr. Baldwin, the truth does hurt sometimes now doesn't it? There there...Put some ice on it, have a stiff drink, but it may not look any better tomorrow morning in the light of day Mr. Baldwin. :facepalm:

#211 Big Al

Big Al
  • 37 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:36 AM

And.... He's back with another quality piece of journalism. This guy just might be a little scared about this week and is hiding it with all his lovely sarcasm.

http://houston.cultu...crifice-texans/

#212 JoKeR

JoKeR

And here...we.. GO...

• 6750 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:12 AM

Most of us on here rip people / teams / players /posters / towns / other sports / coaches to shreads on a regular basis. Yet when we read something we don't like, we get all offended. Double standard at its best, me thinks.....

And anyway, who cares what anybody from Houston says?

What wasn't offensive about the article?

#213 JoKeR

JoKeR

And here...we.. GO...

• 6750 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:28 AM

And.... He's back with another quality piece of journalism. This guy just might be a little scared about this week and is hiding it with all his lovely sarcasm.

At least it's light hearted I guess.

#214 shakedownstreet

shakedownstreet

Unregistered User

• 7195 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:31 AM

Posted Image

Justin Snow - The most accurate long snapper to ever play the game

#215 BleedingBlue

BleedingBlue
  • 1010 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:40 AM

This guy has a secret crush on AL methinks.

I was surpised at Bruce Arians comment about "its the other 5 rookies we have to worry about"...

that was kind of messed up IMO

and besides...who exactly is he talking about?

Hilton? The guy is YAC ALL DAY on the slant.
Avery? mr. clutch
Allen? OMG amazing hands
Ballard? BEAST
Fleener....ok, so one rookie we need to worry about. Threw a nice block last week to spring Ballard, but yea... one.
Calvin Johnson drops 2 passes in the 4th Quarter? Really?

#216 colts 101

colts 101
  • 118 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:47 AM

Nonsense. Moving on.

I agree.....There is nothing like the freedom of speech we enjoy, it exposes a person for who he really is. The world is full of ., let's move on.

#217 braveheartcolt

braveheartcolt
  • 4584 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:06 PM

What wasn't offensive about the article?

Pardon? I have no clue what you mean Joker, sorry....
"If I make a comment and it is not backed up by factual evidence, take it as my opinion, and my opinion only"....

#218 JoKeR

JoKeR

And here...we.. GO...

• 6750 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:18 PM

Pardon? I have no clue what you mean Joker, sorry....

You said we get all offended when we read something we don't like, I was saying the piece was just flat out offensive and seems it was meant to be that way.

#219 ColtsBlueFL

ColtsBlueFL

Off IR but on to the PUP list

• Forum Moderator
  • 3751 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:41 PM

I put on my Posted Image
“There’s no question he’s (Luck) a complete football player and one of the top quarterbacks in this league already. He has a great career in front of him but I think he’s already established himself as a very poised and talented player that can do a lot of things to beat you and he manages his team well and plays good situational football.” -New England Patriots Head Coach Bill Belichick

#220 House

House
  • 7133 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:09 PM

This guy has a secret crush on AL methinks.

I was surpised at Bruce Arians comment about "its the other 5 rookies we have to worry about"...

that was kind of messed up IMO

and besides...who exactly is he talking about?

Hilton? The guy is YAC ALL DAY on the slant.
Avery? mr. clutch
Allen? OMG amazing hands
Ballard? BEAST
Fleener....ok, so one rookie we need to worry about. Threw a nice block last week to spring Ballard, but yea... one.

Avery isn't a rookie.
In another moment, down went Alice after it, never once considering how in the world she was to get out again.

#221 Indra

Indra
  • 126 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:09 PM

That article was awesome :)

#222 PrincetonTiger

PrincetonTiger
  • Memb ns
  • 19228 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:36 PM

uggh
Onward Princeton Forward Princeton

PrincetonTiger77

#223 PrincetonTiger

PrincetonTiger
  • Memb ns
  • 19228 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:38 PM

...well, the whole 'forgot about Peyton Manning' thing was uncalled for. A little stirring the pot I guess, remember, not many people like the Colts down here, so I'm not surprised an article like this has popped up.

agreed but still should not have been done
Onward Princeton Forward Princeton

PrincetonTiger77

#224 John Dee

John Dee
  • 6352 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:43 PM

And i get warnings for sticking up for my squad?

I don't get it ... A rival fan can come a nudge and push all they want.

But we can't push back.? Cause we are all good clean family folk?

Sigh...

I hope Indy whipps the Texans baby white butt's Sunday....

Pretenders to the throne.... :)
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."
Aldous Huxley

#225 SupermanLuck12

SupermanLuck12
  • 3726 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:10 PM

He just hates having Houston stink for a decade and we have one bad year and already are almost back on top of the division.. Two years we will own the South again.
"In Grigson We Trust!"

#226 QwizBoy

QwizBoy
  • 8233 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:09 PM

He just hates having Houston stink for a decade and we have one bad year and already are almost back on top of the division.. Two years we will own the South again.

Two years? Okay. :thmup:

#227 QwizBoy

QwizBoy
  • 8233 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:10 PM

And i get warnings for sticking up for my squad?

I don't get it ... A rival fan can come a nudge and push all they want.

But we can't push back.? Cause we are all good clean family folk?

Sigh...

I hope Indy whipps the Texans baby white butt's Sunday....

Pretenders to the throne.... :)

I think the word is "Ascend" not "pretend". But that's just me.

#228 Ryan Pelley

Ryan Pelley
  • 393 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:19 PM

Eh, I kind of agree.

#229 King Colt

King Colt

Colt fan for 53 yrs. now!

• 1240 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:39 AM

The website the writer is writing on is a culture type website here in town for those that need to find directions to the zoo and other stuff to do in town. The Houston Chronicle is the only city paper and they have nothing but praise for Luck and his family.
"Build The Monster, Then Turn It Loose"

#230 John Dee

John Dee
  • 6352 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:56 PM

I think the word is "Ascend" not "pretend". But that's just me.

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."
Aldous Huxley

COLTS TICKETS!

Single Game Tickets Available!

BUY THEM TODAY!
Join the Stampede!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates