Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Houston writer rips Indy fans and Luck

cjwhiskers

I don't view Colts-Texans as a rivalry. Yet. The Texans were just not good in the first years and couldn't really compete with anyone, much less the Colts. We started getting decent around 2007 and started playing close games with Indy in 2008. In 2011 when we got really good the Colts were terrible without Manning, and that second meeting was Yates and no Andre after we clinched. Maybe this year is the start of a true rivalry, it's kinda crazy that the schedule is the way it is, having it build up to be a really good matchup late in the year.

The only rivalry we've really had is with the Titans, because they used to be the Oilers and we hate Bud Adams and everyone hates the Titans anyway.

I would say the Texans were NOT horrible per say. They just had no answer for Peyton Manning. That's why Mario Williams was drafted in 2006 vs Reggie Bush by then GM Charley Casserly. Hiring HC Gary Kubiak was also a smart move that turned the fate of the Texans for good IMO in addition to acquiring RB Arian Foster as well.

Also TBH, DC Wade Phillips fell in your lap & he was a God send after being fired from Dallas in 2010 because your pass rush, secondary, and DB coverage was simply awful before Wade showed up in Houston.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Frist thing about article is the guy clearly is a hater & frist class * who is bias againest Indy. I Think we all love Peyton & most didn't want to see him go & all wished him the best! Luck is about as far away of a game manager as you can get he CARRIES our Offense. He brings up Dalton HE WAS THE ULTAMITE GAME MANAGER!! The writer clearly dislikes Indy for kicking Houstons butt for years & they the Texans don't get the National respect he probably deserve. I personally have respect for Houston but hate them the MOST of all teams in our divison even when we would beat them they were close hard fought games inwhich they would whine about after like babies. He was probably ragging on the attention Luck gets but honestly I still feel we are not a very good team, we play hard & have a rookie QB we lean HEAVILY on but we are inproving and are tough. We still have some GAPING holes. I realy didn't care much about the Houston games becuase I really didn't think they would matter much to our final outcome playoff wise, there I said it PLAYOFFS, my inturst was more to see how we compared to them, but now I do care!!. RG3 is having a very nice year He also plays on a MUCH BETTER TEAM not record wise but Washington is better! He would have been good here as well, I don't think he would stand up to the pounding Luck takes on a Daily bais OUR OL IS HORRIABLE other than Castonzo who finally seems to be getting it. This guy gave the Colts & all of us more reason to Hate Houston, & they better get use to it They HATE THAT INDY IS GOOD AGAIN! And they thought they were done with us when peyton left & we blow up the team HA HA WERE BACK for many years to come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :blueshoe: :disco:

Awesome post!!

Hahahaha yeah, Titans fans are known for being just as snarky as their players. I'm glad you enjoyed your time at Reliant Stadium, pretty nice place huh? ;) Everyone is welcome here...except Cowboys fans. haha

If I find my pictures from my time at the game I'll put one up!!

You always seem to come around whenever I am out of likes. I'm sure a little post from me should be almost as good as a positive vote. haha :clap:

I have a suggestion QwizBoy you need to save a couple of likes for when Gramz and Susie Q get on the board later in the evening. :funny::yahoo::monkeydance: Just a thought. :thmup:haha

I have a suggestion QwizBoy you need to save a couple of likes for when Gramz and Susie Q get on the board later in the evening. :funny::yahoo::monkeydance: Just a thought. :thmup:haha

haha You are right Susie Q. When will I learn my lesson? I need to stop giving out likes like they grow on trees or something. :dunno: Time to start rationing out likes during the day so I can save some for my favorite night buddies! :worthy::kitty:

This stinks. I had a great idea for an article I was gonna write but now I fear it is too late as it will appear I'm a copy cat (never mind the fact that I've never written an article before). The main theme of my article was about how Houston fans have placed Arian Foster in such high regard while totally forgetting about Earl Campbell. Come on Houston fans...start livin in the was.

Here is a response article to it.

http://www.coltsauth...er-written.html

Any interesting counter argument Narcosys to Mr. Baldwin's piece. My favorite part of the entire article:

The Colts get the win (20-13) and Luck draws all the praise. It doesn't matter that he throws for only 240 yards, marking the second time in three games that he hasn't cracked 250 yards.

straw man argument: (n) A rhetorical device that is meant to easily prove that one’s position or argument is superior to an opposing argument. However, the straw man argument is regarded as a logical fallacy, because at its core, the person using the device misrepresents the other person's argument.

I was at that game. Also, I read and watched lots and lots of analysis after that game. Not ONE person gave Luck any sort of credit for anything, nor should they have. T.Y. Hilton, though, got lots of credit. The Colts defense got lots of credit. The cheerleaders who shaved their heads got lots of credit.

To recap: Luck did not draw “all the praise.” Luck did not draw “most of the praise” or “some of the praise” or “any praise whatsoever, in any conceivable fashion.”

Jealousy or projection perhaps Mr. Baldwin? Accuse the opposition of doing something petty and small because your team has drawn the short Playoff straw & failed to cross the SB thresh hold perhaps. "Me thinks you doth protest a little too much sir." Yes Mr. Baldwin, the truth does hurt sometimes now doesn't it? There there...Put some ice on it, have a stiff drink, but it may not look any better tomorrow morning in the light of day Mr. Baldwin. :facepalm:

• 2 weeks later...

Most of us on here rip people / teams / players /posters / towns / other sports / coaches to shreads on a regular basis. Yet when we read something we don't like, we get all offended. Double standard at its best, me thinks.....

And anyway, who cares what anybody from Houston says?

What wasn't offensive about the article?

This guy has a secret crush on AL methinks.

I was surpised at Bruce Arians comment about "its the other 5 rookies we have to worry about"...

that was kind of messed up IMO

and besides...who exactly is he talking about?

Hilton? The guy is YAC ALL DAY on the slant.

Avery? mr. clutch

Allen? OMG amazing hands

Ballard? BEAST

Fleener....ok, so one rookie we need to worry about. Threw a nice block last week to spring Ballard, but yea... one.

This guy has a secret crush on AL methinks.

I was surpised at Bruce Arians comment about "its the other 5 rookies we have to worry about"...

that was kind of messed up IMO

and besides...who exactly is he talking about?

Hilton? The guy is YAC ALL DAY on the slant.

Avery? mr. clutch

Allen? OMG amazing hands

Ballard? BEAST

Fleener....ok, so one rookie we need to worry about. Threw a nice block last week to spring Ballard, but yea... one.

Avery isn't a rookie.

And i get warnings for sticking up for my squad?

I don't get it ... A rival fan can come a nudge and push all they want.

But we can't push back.? Cause we are all good clean family folk?

Sigh...

I hope Indy whipps the Texans baby white butt's Sunday....

Pretenders to the throne.... :)

And i get warnings for sticking up for my squad?

I don't get it ... A rival fan can come a nudge and push all they want.

But we can't push back.? Cause we are all good clean family folk?

Sigh...

I hope Indy whipps the Texans baby white butt's Sunday....

Pretenders to the throne.... :)

I think the word is "Ascend" not "pretend". But that's just me.