Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Houston writer rips Indy fans and Luck

cjwhiskers

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's a writer trying to make a name for himself (and franly threads like this help that) and you don't make a name for yourself by writing stuff that everyone agrees with. With that said it's clearly that just about everything he said is at best twisted if not flat out wrong at times but I can see what he's trying to do which is why i think the best thing to do is just ignore it. That's how you make stuff and writers like this guy go away.

"No. 18? Who's that?...Nothing’s been accomplished yet. Andrew Luck is still much more myth than reality at this point...To so completely disregard the memory of Peyton Manning for that is pretty classless and even more clueless...Indianapolis isn’t a regular in the Super Bowl rotation because of Andrew Luck. That’s all Peyton. This town should know better. Its bit of giddy amnesia is more than a little unsettling."

Look, I can appreciate what Chris Baldwin is saying about how quickly HOF legends can sometimes feel non-existant in city's that they no longer play in or for. But, come on Mr. Baldwin, Peyton Manning is in Denver now & our new field general in INDY Andrew Luck is the real deal. Time to show some respect to Luck & flip the page okay. Peyton will always be a beloved icon in Indianapolis that will never change IMO.

Although, in the interest of full disclose, I was amazed how quickly prices dropped on the jerseys of Manning, Saturday, Brackett, and Clark plummeted after all these athletes were gone from the Blue Horseshoe. I could have saved a ton of money if I had just waited...Oh well... haha

Some journalists deal with facts, some deal with speculation, & some just stir the the pot just to get a rise out of people...

The quickest way to rise to the top in the profession of the press say something controversial...Paging Mr. Baldwin...Line 1...Way to "Stir It Up" Mr. Baldwin... :sigh:

He's stirring our emotions up because he knows the Houston game is right around the corner. He's doing the same "diss/downplay Luck" thing the Patriots writers were doing before the game was played.

I wouldn't get too riled up about it.

This writer is an *. he seems to never have been to Indy. forget Peyton? really??? there's a hospital with his name there. we are a very LOYAL fan base to our team.

Good point manning04! When a major hospital is named after #18, amnesia as an argument for a HOF QB legend doesn't hold any water or carry any weight at all. :hat:

I just spit my coffee out over that remark QuizBoy and knew you would have a reply and should have. :thmup: Maybe that is a new member's typical first post. :monkeydance:

haha you know me too well. :D Yeah we have to cut the guy some slack though, after all, it is his first post hahaha.

They tore him a new 1, I tried to chime in too but for whatever reason wouldn't let me.

I was able to chine in. . . I had to sign in with my fb or twitter.

I called him out for having to defend his article in the comments section.

I guess if he gets hits then mission accomplished. If he was trying to be a journalist he gets the face palm with a side of epic fail! :facepalm:

John McClain of the Houston Chronicle is the only guy to read for Texans and other NFL articles in Houston.

I know, and agree, the guy is obviously not a professional lol.

True That!

In the words of Jon McClaine, "You're the wrong guy at the wrong place, at the wrong time! Story of my life" Mr. Baldwin...What? There's a different John McClain? Sorry about that...The line still works beautifully though IMO. No QuizBoy, you're absolutely right this guy is not a credit to his profession unless he starts working for the tabloid press that is...Yikes!

john-mcclane-zippo-lighter-die-hard-blu-ray-cap.jpg?1354064470

mcclain_john2.jpg

Was that article released in printed format too?

Then trees were chopped down in vain again.

Yeah HCF, save the planet, protect the trees, and rid the planet of dangerous toxins in 1 fowl swoop: Fire Mr. Baldwin immediately. :rock:

I'll sign that petition right now. __X____[sW1] X marks the spot...

If he'd actually ever been to a Colts game he would have noted the large amount of people who still wear Manning jerseys. He's just a Houston fan, a decade of playoff hopes going up in smoke thanks to one team can certainly bring the hate out of anyone. Let him hate, only get's me more pumped for when next these teams meet.

If he'd actually ever been to a Colts game he would have noted the large amount of people who still wear Manning jerseys. He's just a Houston fan, a decade of playoff hopes going up in smoke thanks to one team can certainly bring the hate out of anyone. Let him hate, only get's me more pumped for when next these teams meet.

Yes, your are correct funktacious2. But, I must give credit to both Vance87 & QuizBoy on here, 2 friends of mine on this site that claim the Texans as their #1 NFL team, even they admit that Mr. Baldwin is a huge pile of elephant dung & not viewed as a serious journalist in the greater Houston area overall & that speaks volumes to me personally. What it says isn't honorable or exactly flattering either...

But hey, what better way to save the trees than to provide fertilizer and fresh mulching material for new trees & plants to grow right? Everybody wins! haha

Yes, your are correct funktacious2. But, I must give credit to both Vance87 & QuizBoy on here, 2 friends of mine on this site that claim the Texans as their #1 NFL team, even they admit that Mr. Baldwin is a huge pile of elephant dung & not viewed as a serious journalist in the greater Houston area overall & that speaks volumes to me personally. What it says isn't honorable or exactly flattering either...

But hey, what better way to save the trees than to provide fertilizer and fresh mulching material for new trees & plants to grow right? Everybody wins! haha

Hey, I like Vance and Quizboy, and they represent a rational Houston fanbase. Unlike Baldwin.

Okay the article was bad but let's not take things too far. Luck is not better than Schaub.

As much as I want to say he is (because i feel a bit biased) hes not this year. As Luck gets more experience i believe he will be. I still think Schaub is a top 10 qb.

Right now I'd say top 10 QB's are (This year)

1.Drew Brees

2.Matt Ryan

3.Tom Brady

4.Peyton Manning

5.Matt Schaub

6.Aaron Rodgers

7.Carson Palmer

8.Joe Flacco

9.Tony Romo

10.Andrew Luck

overall though I'd say Schaub is top 7-8 QB who is capable of MVP type numbers and leading the league in yards passing

Most of us on here rip people / teams / players /posters / towns / other sports / coaches to shreads on a regular basis. Yet when we read something we don't like, we get all offended. Double standard at its best, me thinks.....

And anyway, who cares what anybody from Houston says?

Most of us on here aren't paid journalists who you would hope as professionals would worry about things like research or objectivity.

Actually what am I saying, standards in the media died long ago.

Most of us on here aren't paid journalists who you would hope as professionals would worry about things like research or objectivity.

Actually what am I saying, standards in the media died long ago.

Sorry, this guy is no journalist. He's a trainee hack, and not even a good trainee at that....

Oh, nice win by PNE yesterday....

Right now I'd say top 10 QB's are (This year)

1.Drew Brees

2.Matt Ryan

3.Tom Brady

4.Peyton Manning

5.Matt Schaub

6.Aaron Rodgers

7.Carson Palmer

8.Joe Flacco

9.Tony Romo

10.Andrew Luck

overall though I'd say Schaub is top 7-8 QB who is capable of MVP type numbers and leading the league in yards passing

1st = Brady / Manning

3rd Ryan

4th Rodgers

5th Griffin

6th Schuab

7th Brees

8th Flacco

9th Dalton

10th Luck

As much as I want to say he is (because i feel a bit biased) hes not this year. As Luck gets more experience i believe he will be. I still think Schaub is a top 10 qb.

Yep, quite possibly. We will have to wait and see though. Hopefully Schaub has 3 rings already by the time 12 starts to light the league up though. :goodluck:

Yep, quite possibly. We will have to wait and see though. Hopefully Schaub has 3 rings already by the time 12 starts to light the league up though. :goodluck:

can't get 3 rings in 2 years. :P

It helps going from a 1st ballot hall of famer to someone who is deemed a once-in-a-generation talent. Easy to get swept up. Plus what's wrong with backing the guy with the horseshoe still on his helmet? Still I'm curious now - is Favre still remembered in Green Bay, or does everyone have Rodgers fever - to the extent that the article implies about Indy anyway? Was Montana "disrespected" by Frisco when Young took over? I'm not close to any of those other cities, so no idea what the general mindset is. I can't imagine though that they've completely disregarded Montana and Favre, just like I don't think you can completely disregard Peyton.

can't get 3 rings in 2 years. :P

It helps going from a 1st ballot hall of famer to someone who is deemed a once-in-a-generation talent. Easy to get swept up. Plus what's wrong with backing the guy with the horseshoe still on his helmet? Still I'm curious now - is Favre still remembered in Green Bay, or does everyone have Rodgers fever - to the extent that the article implies about Indy anyway? Was Montana "disrespected" by Frisco when Young took over? I'm not close to any of those other cities, so no idea what the general mindset is. I can't imagine though that they've completely disregarded Montana and Favre, just like I don't think you can completely disregard Peyton.

I'm no Packers fan but I'm sure it would be hard for the fans there to forget Brett Favre...man is a legend. Same for Montana, who some consider the best of all time. I don't think anyone has completely disregarded Manning, though many are jumping on the bandwagon for 12 very easily and even mentioning that he is not perfect will warrant a flame war lol.

Maybe all he has to go by are these forums?

As for actual fans that live in Indy, I'm not sure if its a fair assessment. I can only hope that the available seats at LOS are fans that gave up the tix because they were disgusted by the decision, and if thats the case then the article may not be as accurate.

But since i don't live in Indy, all I have are these forums to go by and based on some comments made on these forums I can draw a direct comparison to the comments made in the article and the sentiment implied here by many forum members.