Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cjrulli

Houston writer rips Indy fans and Luck

230 posts in this topic

IND_The Catch_728x90

I saw this the other day. Trashy article written by a tool, nothing to be concerned about.

2 people like this

this sounds like a two year old wrote it. zero facts all opinions. if i wrote this kind of crap for my professor id fail.

3 people like this

He sounds like someone who is from someplace else...

The foundation of his piece is that everyone (and specifically the Colts fan) has forgotten Peyton Manning and that could not be further from the truth...

I think this message board is proof of that..

Hr cherry-picks stats....What he does not say is that Luck has thrown for 3,200 yards in 11 games, a pace that will shatter the rookie record...

..and the 13 interceptions he cites as failure....many would consider (13 in 11 games) success for a rookie...

He also doesn't mention that of the 11 offensive starters for the Colts last week (vs. Buffalo) I believe only Reitz, Costanzo and Wayne were even in the Colts organization in February

He says Luck is honest and bland......

He's never listened to Peyton, I guess...

He says the Colts arent a great team........True....that's why its a story that they're 7-4...with a fighting chance to reach the playoffs

Who's responsible....?

There has to be a little Luck in there somehwere.

3 people like this

meh.

He's not the first to bash Indy and he won't be the last. I'm just surprised he kept Irsay's name out of it and instead decided the fans need chastised.

We'll need stuff like this written so that we have something to laugh at later.

1 person likes this

Well this isn't completely useless it made me realize Kravitz isn't a total hack...

4 people like this

Did someone get Luck-y with the writer's wife? Why is he so bitter...He big upped the other young QB's from Texas (Dalton, RGIII) but insults Luck??? Dont get it, but its definitely very disrespectful...

My interpretation;

"Wahh wahhhh waahhhhhhh"

Next story....

3 people like this

...well, the whole 'forgot about Peyton Manning' thing was uncalled for. A little stirring the pot I guess, remember, not many people like the Colts down here, so I'm not surprised an article like this has popped up.

1 person likes this

Did someone get Luck-y with the writer's wife? Why is he so bitter...He big upped the other young QB's from Texas (Dalton, RGIII) but insults Luck??? Dont get it, but its definitely very disrespectful...

he has an inflated head because the texans are good two years out of 10. lets see if his big mouth is still as big when he faces luck.

I guess we're supposed to wallow in Peyton sorrow forever.

If this guy had a name anyone knew, I guess the rivalry would be on.

Now I'm a little more enthusiastic about weeks 15 & 17.

1 person likes this

Not a football threat. Oh well, only 1 way to show him, in 2 weeks!!!

While Luck has made it easier to move on, I just do not see Indy as being a disrespectful sports town. We cherish the ones who were good to us, Peyton and Reggie Miller, and soon Reggie Wayne etc.

I do agree we are fairweather fans and need some star power to make us follow any sport other than basketball which is more ingrained over generations.

This guy is a joke. He wrote on draft night how we would regret taking JJ Watt instead of Nick Fairley.

http://houston.cultu...-houston-lover/

He writes for 'culture map houston'...which is like...one step above an airline magazine. Just saying.

Lol. I scratched my head at the Watt pick but I didn't think we would regret it. Reaping the benefits now though!

Whats wrong with the houston airport magazine. I think I have an article in there!

1 person likes this

Let's be honest the title of this thread is wrong. This guy is no writer. Getting your hind parts smacked for 8 years in a row will make a lot of people bitter. Someone needs to take the keyboard away from this guy, before he embarrasses himself and his employer even more.

Manning's gone, Luck's the future. How can we not embrace our QB. I'm on the Luck train whether we're 7-4 or 4-7.

I mean come on look at the guys picture he looks like a whiney little 2 year old fat kid! He is just mad that his Houston Texans are a fluke. He needs to give us a call when they win a Super Bowl or even make it to one HA HA! Next Story!

1 person likes this

This guy is a joke. He wrote on draft night how we would regret taking JJ Watt instead of Nick Fairley.

He writes for 'culture map houston'...which is like...one step above an airline magazine. Just saying.

LOL, why am I not surprised. ;)

Opinions are like armpits... I don't think many on this board have forgotten Peyton. Are we wrong to embrace Luck? No! Horseshoe first. He sounds like the fair weather fan honestly.

I also want to say that he is not the class of Houston fans. All that I have met have been very pleasant and respectful towards Peyton, Andrew, and our organization.

2 people like this

You know your a hack "journalist" (using the term as losely as possible) when you have to go into the comments left for you to fight people.

Just scrolled through and he responded to every 4 or 5th post with trollish comments you wouldn't even see on a message board.

Yikes.

Vance is right.....it appears this guy writes the magazines you find on the floor in the rest stop washroom..

This Baldwin character is a real treat and I found out he lives in a van down by the river. And his van has hubcaps. :runforhills: :runforhills:

The only myth this guy accurately mentions is that Andy Dalton LED his team to the playoffs...as a rookie

Dalton averaged 210 yards passing on a 9-7 team that was 9th (among 32 teams) in team defense

any relation to connor

...well, the whole 'forgot about Peyton Manning' thing was uncalled for. A little stirring the pot I guess, remember, not many people like the Colts down here, so I'm not surprised an article like this has popped up.

I get why we may not be the must popular team with the Texan's fans but its still no excuse for poor journalism. It made Skip look like the paragon of integrity and virtue.

Seems like the Texans answer to Brad Wells.

John McClain of the Houston Chronicle is the only guy to read for Texans and other NFL articles in Houston.

Seems like the Texans answer to Brad Wells.

their probably related since they both suck haha

Opinions are like armpits...

Because everybody has, uhhh, two of them? :P

Because everybody has, uhhh, two of them? :P

As in the opinion stated in the article stinks worse than a hobo's armpit?

I didn't know Brad Wells had an evil twin in Texas

2 people like this

That is so bad it is almost funny! Nobody will forget Manning. But lets to forget when Harbaugh got dumped and Manning came in, it was all Manning. Not that Harbaugh was the QB Manning is, but he got the Colts to the playoffs.

The guy wrote the article after he found out he was being replaced by a 2 year old!