Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

drew brees record ends

CR91

have you seen what luck has done with a patchwork o-line.

Yes, he has run and scrambled, ala Rodgers. Griffin and Newton can do the same, but that's like 4 quarterbacks out of 32. The others will all be susceptible to LBs and safety blitzes and other things if they are exposed. 12 also has quite a few interceptions, don't you think that is a result of being uncomfortable in the pocket as well?

Yes, he has run and scrambled, ala Rodgers. Griffin and Newton can do the same, but that's like 4 quarterbacks out of 32. The others will all be susceptible to LBs and safety blitzes and other things if they are exposed. 12 also has quite a few interceptions, don't you think that is a result of being uncomfortable in the pocket as well?

luck climbs the pocket to avoid pressure more then using his legs to run away, but my point still stands. you look at brees who has one of the best o-lines and he threw 5 picks course not all his fault, but 3 were. i agree you still have to make the throw, but when you have all day to throw someone will get open.

It's a result of many vertical down field pass plays ( Arians needs to call more checkdowns and quicker developing plays) and about 100 more passes than RG3.

But he has been uncomfortable in the pocket at times. I don't blame him. It's not like he's never uncomfortable. Our o-line really stinks.

He has Lance Moore to blame for it, but seriously, we lost that game in the first quarter when they decided to let Michael Turner look like Jaamal Anderson running all over the place. Roman Harper just tucking his shoulder into him shows you just how scared this team is to wrap their arms around someone and drag them to the ground.

We deserved that loss.

It's a result of many vertical down field pass plays ( Arians needs to call more checkdowns and quicker developing plays) and about 100 more passes than RG3.

But he has been uncomfortable in the pocket at times. I don't blame him. It's not like he's never uncomfortable. Our o-line really stinks.

Yeah, Arians does seem to be a put it up and go get it kind of guy. Reminds me of the Texans offense before Foster came along. It's not a bad thing, but with rookie quarterbacks interceptions are definitely to be expected in a high passing offense.

He has Lance Moore to blame for it, but seriously, we lost that game in the first quarter when they decided to let Michael Turner look like Jaamal Anderson running all over the place. Roman Harper just tucking his shoulder into him shows you just how scared this team is to wrap their arms around someone and drag them to the ground.

We deserved that loss.

I'm sure the whole bounty thing has them feeling as though they are being watched by the NFL. Might be the reason for all of the missed/improper tackling. I don't know what got into Brees though...he made that Falcons defense look better than it is too with 5 interceptions.

I'm sure the whole bounty thing has them feeling as though they are being watched by the NFL. Might be the reason for all of the missed/improper tackling. I don't know what got into Brees though...he made that Falcons defense look better than it is too with 5 interceptions.

I have thought about this before, and you're probably right. The bounty crap I am so sick of hearing. I'm not shocked we can't win this year, we really were done to start with when we lost Payton. But last year, there was a problem with tackling. Every game there was blown coverage and missed tackles. only difference is this season they have accumulated turnovers slightly better, but the usual suspects in the back field (Harper and Jenkins especially) have a history of not tackling.

Brees has the whole world on his shoulders, that and he's not realizing when the run game works. Joe Vitt hasn't really done much from that other coach we had early in the season. We ran the ball so well against Atlanta the first time, and even in the last game, once Pierre Thomas was banking in on first downs, they quit handing off to him. This season was lost the minute we lost our coach.