Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Trading Down?

Alrighty forum friends, I'm asking this just to see where we stand on this issue. With Indy being limited in picks this year, and going to be drafting in the 20' instead of the top 10, would you like to see Grigs and Irsay trade back so we can gain some more picks?

yes! Yes!! YES!!!!

And, it's possible I wouldn't mind even trading down in every round where we have a pick to gain even more picks!!

This may be one of those drafts.... too early to know for sure.... but it's on my mind as I gather as much information as I can....

We'll know more in mid-January when we see how many and which under-classman come out.... that will give us a better idea of how we game-plan this off-season.

Interesting times ahead.....

Well it sounds like Marcus Lattimore is coming out this year but not to sure I want him with our current stable of RBs

And I agree. I ask because some people like quality over quantity and vice versa

Is there a new Lattimore development? Could be, but I haven't seen it.

After his terrible knee injury the word was he was staying in school, redshirting in 2013 and hoping to play in 2014.

Can you link something new and different? I'd be curious. Thanks.....

Sure thing. I'm on my phone so I don't know how this will go

http://www.rantsport...2013-nfl-draft/

EDIT : it went through

Good find.... very interesting.... I'd say depending on what the Doctors say about his injury when he's examined I'd be interested in spending a #7 on him. but, I'd bet lots of teams would be. If he got through the draft without being picked then I'd try to sign him as a FA. Lots of upside and very little downside at that point. Love kids like that.

Alrighty forum friends, I'm asking this just to see where we stand on this issue. With Indy being limited in picks this year, and going to be drafting in the 20' instead of the top 10, would you like to see Grigs and Irsay trade back so we can gain some more picks?

Who is gonna want to trade down for the #32 pick?

All I know is if Richardson or Rhodes are there for us in the first we need to take em.

I don't think Rhodes is considered a 1st round pick anymore. 2nd or 3rd round more likely. Doesn't mean we're not interested... I just don't think we'll need to spend a #1 to get him.... and that's a good thing....

@NewColtsfan Rhodes right now is considered the second best corner if he get out of the first Id be supprised. And I definatley doubt he slides past the second. Someone will take him. Hed be good for us hes a big physical corner who can play press coverage well. But If Richardson is still there It would be tough choice because hes a monster on the D line stopping the run and rushing the passer.

@NewColtsfan Rhodes right now is considered the second best corner if he get out of the first Id be supprised. And I definatley doubt he slides past the second. Someone will take him. Hed be good for us hes a big physical corner who can play press coverage well. But If Richardson is still there It would be tough choice because hes a monster on the D line stopping the run and rushing the passer.

Weslo....

You say Rhodes is the 2nd best corner... can you tell me, or provide a link(s) that say that?

Because, as best as i can tell, neither Kiper, McShay at ESPN, or Nolan Nawrocki at Pro Football Weekly agree. I think they see him as a 2nd or 3rd round talent. Doesn't mean that's where he'll be drafted. It only takes one team to fall in love with you to change that. But that's their view. They're the three people I put the most stock in.

Can you offer up something else?

Thanks....

If there's a guy you like, you get him. Should the Colts trade down? You won't know until the draft.

The top needs in the off season will probably be: OG, RT, CB, OLB, SS.

I would love to see the Colts come out of this draft with either Chance Warmack or Jonathan Cooper to add some quality to the interior offensive line. If we get the opportunity to pick Warmack in the 20s, that's a no brainer. Look at the impact that a guy like Mike Iupati has in San Francisco. Let's get that sort of talent up front.

A RT could be had in the 3rd round. Brennan Williams got hurt his senior year, and could potentially slip. He would be a terrific addition. Oday Aboushi, Ricky Wagner, Alex Hurst, Xavier Nixon and/or perhaps DJ Fluker could all be possibilitis in the 3rd round.

If a guy like Bacarri Rambo slips to the 3rd round, it would be more than difficult to pass on that kind of talent at the safety position and going for a RT.

With the cap room next year, Grigson should fill holes on defense - CB and OLB - through free agency. Guys like Anthony Spencer, Connor Barwin, Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie and Derek Cox should all draw interest from the Colts.

Rodgers Cromartie is horrible..

The Rodgers-Cromartie is terrible chant started here about 4-6 weeks ago.... right around the time of the Namdi Asoumwa is going to be released rumors started surfacing...

Anyway, there was a story out of Philly saying that their front office was not happy with Asoumway, but quite happy with DRC. They thought he had a good year. So, I'm not sure where this view comes from.... but it may not be the view of professionals.

I don't know...

Then.... last night, while looking for hi-lites of the Colts-Lions game, I heard Deion Sanders rip the Eagles corners, saying, in his opinion, that both of them had quit on the season....

Again.... I don' know...

But he remains on my radar until I hear from stronger sources.....

Rodgers Cromartie is horrible..

Cromartie could come over to the Colts right now and if it came down to it he could hang his pads in any Corners locker that we have right now not named Vontae Davis thereby sending any one of our Corners to the list of Free Agents looking for a job, I'd take Cromartie over Cassius "the only way I can cover anyone is by drawing a PI Penalty" Vaughn

I mentioned Lattimore about a month ago as well. He has the strongest character of them all and is beloved. If he comes back from his injury, you want that guy on your team.

RB is not a need though, O Line help is and by O Line I dont mean some recently released backup player whos good only for depth (like the O Line players we have invested in this past offseason do to necessity)

• 2 weeks later...

I would not consider a RB until 6th or 7th round. Ballard and Carter are fine.

I do hope we look at Derek Cox as a free agent. Pairing him with Davis and then having Butler and Vaughn as the backups would be a good group.

In the first round, I am thinking defense all the way. Ezekial Ansah would give us a DE similar to Chandler Jones for New England. Ansah is 6'6" about 280lbs and a tremendous athlete. A tad raw, but a huge upgrade to the line. With Josh Chapman coming back and having Redding back should be a tremendous upgrade.

In the third round, I don't know if Sean Porter from Texas A&M will still be on the board, he may be worth trading up for. He could proably play inside lineback for us. He is bigger at 6'2" and 230lbs. Probably too small to play OLB.

All of this is in the hope that we spend the bulk of our free agency money on the o-line. There are 2 franchise left tackles and a couple solid right tackles available. The o-line must get better.

He will be the first non-qb taken so highly unlikely unless we hustle a top 3 pick

It's entirely possible that Clowney will be the first player taken --- regardless of position --- in the 2014 draft.

An impact player at an impact position. McShay has listed him as a likely overall 1st pick for the '14 draft.

He's that good. Also, he's a pure 4-3 RDE. He's not a natural fit in a 3-4 scheme. Just sayin....

It's entirely possible that Clowney will be the first player taken --- regardless of position --- in the 2014 draft.

An impact player at an impact position. McShay has listed him as a likely overall 1st pick for the '14 draft.

He's that good. Also, he's a pure 4-3 RDE. He's not a natural fit in a 3-4 scheme. Just sayin....

That is false. He has the elite speed to play as a 3-4 OLB. He is a freak athlete and I would put my money on the fact that he can play as a 3-4 OLB.

That is false. He has the elite speed to play as a 3-4 OLB. He is a freak athlete and I would put my money on the fact that he can play as a 3-4 OLB.

Just because he has the elite speed, doesn't mean he's a natural fit for the position. I believe his background is as a 4-3 RDE. If that's all you know, making the transition is much harder than it looks. And not everyone can make the transition.

I'm not saying he can't. I'm saying it's not a slam dunk that he can.

Sometimes the difficulty is as straight forward as being in a 4-3, you have 1 or 2 hands on the ground, and in a 3-4 you're typically, but not always, standing. Sometimes seeing a play from a different perspective is enough to throw off a player.

And the responsibilities are often different as well.

Otherwise, I agree he has the speed and is a freak athlete. All I'm saying is that there's much more than that to the two positions.

And besides, it's not like the Colts are going to have a chance for him. Our days of picking in the top-5 are over! :thmup: