Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Would You Rest Luck/Reggie in the Final Game B4 the Playoffs?

King Colt

Resting starters only prevents an on the field injury not players from actually getting injured somewhere else or even in practice so not I would not rest them unless a score got out of hand one way or the other. For me it comes down to not taking your foot of the gas

You ALWAYS shutdown Any player who needs it in that situation. A simple decision.

And in our case, it would be silly to Risk losing Reggie, pass rushers, CB`s in a meaningless game.

Good point but since when did we start playing with Corners? :funny:O.o

Lord.

Please let us not continue with the nearly-annual "resting the starters for the playoffs" discussion. 1) Football players are payed to play football, not stand - healthy, on the sidelines wearing a ball cap. 2) Fans (the reason the players are able to make the money they do) pay a lot of money to see players on the field, not standing - healthy, on the sidelines wearing a ball cap. 3) Anyone even talking pre-playoff strategy is just a wee ahead o' themselves.

:^)

I don't understand the mindset of not sitting your key players to avoid injury going into the playoffs and then saying its ok to take them out if your winning by 4 td's. If experiance of playing every possible snap is so important why take away the experiance in the 4th qtr in a blowout?

Just think how much the Patriots and TE Gronkowski are so much better off now playing those last few plays vs Colts in the blowout.

I don't understand the mindset of not sitting your key players to avoid injury going into the playoffs and then saying its ok to take them out if your winning by 4 td's. If experiance of playing every possible snap is so important why take away the experiance in the 4th qtr in a blowout?

Just think how much the Patriots and TE Gronkowski are so much better off now playing those last few plays vs Colts in the blowout.

because they have been clicking well for most of the game and have the game in hand and are not needed. The playing one series and then leaving the game is completely different. I have always thought that the times we would have Peyton and the

starters playing one series, go 3 and out, sit the rest of the game, do that same thing the next

2 weeks contributed greatly to all the one and dones in the playoffs. So to answer the op.......

Absolutely NOT!!!!!!!!!!!

If they are healthy then they play no matter what. As Jules said this is no well oiled machine so they need as much time out there and taking time off will not help things. We need all the experience we can get. Also, I just hate the mentality of just rolling over and not going for 16-0 left a horrible taste in my mouth that I will never let go.