Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

King Colt

Would You Rest Luck/Reggie in the Final Game B4 the Playoffs?

54 posts in this topic

No way. They need all the experience and momentum they can get, its a young team goin into the playoffs

IND_The Catch_728x90

Resting starters only prevents an on the field injury not players from actually getting injured somewhere else or even in practice so not I would not rest them unless a score got out of hand one way or the other. For me it comes down to not taking your foot of the gas

As for Luck, every second he's spending on the turf, every snap he is receiving, every yard he passes/rushes is experience for him. This is his rookie season, that is about gaining as much experience he just can... So, no, I wouldn't rest him...only if we are in Q4 and have 4 TDs lead ahead of Texans.

You ALWAYS shutdown Any player who needs it in that situation. A simple decision.

And in our case, it would be silly to Risk losing Reggie, pass rushers, CB`s in a meaningless game.

You ALWAYS shutdown Any player who needs it in that situation. A simple decision.

And in our case, it would be silly to Risk losing Reggie, pass rushers, CB`s in a meaningless game.

Good point but since when did we start playing with Corners? :funny:O.o

Lord.

Please let us not continue with the nearly-annual "resting the starters for the playoffs" discussion. 1) Football players are payed to play football, not stand - healthy, on the sidelines wearing a ball cap. 2) Fans (the reason the players are able to make the money they do) pay a lot of money to see players on the field, not standing - healthy, on the sidelines wearing a ball cap. 3) Anyone even talking pre-playoff strategy is just a wee ahead o' themselves.

:^)

I don't understand the mindset of not sitting your key players to avoid injury going into the playoffs and then saying its ok to take them out if your winning by 4 td's. If experiance of playing every possible snap is so important why take away the experiance in the 4th qtr in a blowout?

Just think how much the Patriots and TE Gronkowski are so much better off now playing those last few plays vs Colts in the blowout.

Me too, section 128 with my son in law. Don't want to discuss it now, bad luck to count those chickens.....

We are way up in 611. I'll throw you a long distance high five
1 person likes this

I don't believe this topic will ever be agreed on by any fan of any team."What if" plays a major part in all sports. If there is a mid point philosophy it would be to get an early lead then rest some of them, which can also backfire so who is to say.

Don't blame the defense!!! Disgraceful performance, gave'em the friggin' game, IMO that sucked, what? Playoffs, Playoffs, don't talk to me about playoffs!!!!, I just hope we can win a game. 4 interceptions, one for a touchdown. Let's call out MANNING!!!

I don't understand the mindset of not sitting your key players to avoid injury going into the playoffs and then saying its ok to take them out if your winning by 4 td's. If experiance of playing every possible snap is so important why take away the experiance in the 4th qtr in a blowout?

Just think how much the Patriots and TE Gronkowski are so much better off now playing those last few plays vs Colts in the blowout.

because they have been clicking well for most of the game and have the game in hand and are not needed. The playing one series and then leaving the game is completely different. I have always thought that the times we would have Peyton and the

starters playing one series, go 3 and out, sit the rest of the game, do that same thing the next

2 weeks contributed greatly to all the one and dones in the playoffs. So to answer the op.......

Absolutely NOT!!!!!!!!!!!

we are not in the playoffs yet.

when we have our ticket then ill worry about this

If they are healthy then they play no matter what. As Jules said this is no well oiled machine so they need as much time out there and taking time off will not help things. We need all the experience we can get. Also, I just hate the mentality of just rolling over and not going for 16-0 left a horrible taste in my mouth that I will never let go.

No Andrew Luck is still a rookie and needs every snap he can get. This isn't like resting a Peyton Manning in the prime of his career.