Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck vs rg3

Greenoughrunner

It is actually a Rookie QB throwing a innacurrate football into zone coverage. Can't throw the ball behind the WR when a CB has eyes on the CB in zone.. Bad throw.

What did the WR do wrong here ?luck2.gif

Nothing.

But the one you posted earlier was not Luck's fault. I can't help it that you messed up a troll post.

Maybe you should have just skipped the first one and went straight to this one?

• Replies 914
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I agree that in the games that we've won, the defense largely has played well. Wins usually are about TEAM effort, not just the QB.However, a case can be made that by the way we've been winning games late, that the QB has had a very large part in those wins. Anyone watching the Colts this year would have to agree that Luck has been clutch in the final minutes when given a chance for a win. It has been the defense that has afforded Luck those chances.

As for the arguement about points, or lack there of: Luck leads the team in rushing TDs as well as passing TDs. So it would be great if the running game would chip in and help out in the points department. I agree that we need to score more, but disagree that it's just Luck's fault.

Yeah, I think it has been a team effort. Luck has made his share of contributions, and clutch plays, along with his detrimental mistakes.

He's looking good so far and shows a lot of promise. Some of the clutch plays on third down and comeback drives he has lead have really left my jaw drop. His mobility is also a breath of fresh air after watch slow, sloth like Peyton Manning.

I Just feel he is getting too much credit and I don't get the surprise and shock that everyone is in because of how well our team is doing, especially considering the hype that surrounded Luck and who we booted out to bring in Luck. I honestly didn't expect to win just a couple of games like many Colts fans.

But he's doing good in such a difficult offense. I hope he continues to grow. And in the future, I hope we look back at Irsays decision to reboot the franchise as a great one!

Ok, I as most of you think Luck is much better than Rg3. But what im counfused about is why more people think that. Luck has throw alot more passes and completted i belive 56.3% of them. And RG3 has a 66.3% passer ratting. But rg3 has a better line imo and a lot more experinced team. And Luck(with help) took a 2-14 team to possible the playoffs. RG3 the playoffs are nearly out of reach. Hes just an exsitting player to watch dont get me wrong. Luck is better and it should be him at the way top of the rookie of the year award next should be Doug Martin truffly. Hes done a great thing for a rookie RB.

If Luck averages 300 yards a game the rest of the way like he has been averaging. He will throw for more yards than Peyton ever has in his career for a season. How about that for a stat. So for all you Andrew Luck non believers what can you say about that? I'm a big Peyton fan but he has thrown a lot INTS for a season in his career before to.

Nothing.

But the one you posted earlier was not Luck's fault. I can't help it that you messed up a troll post.

Would you like video of the ALL22 footage that clearly shows you are wrong?

Im not trying to troll either.

I actually think Luck will be a darn good QB one day but hes not there yet. I understand fans have a bias for their team and will defend their guy but some of the stuff on here is over the top. I saw one poster say Robert was too stupid to run the Colts offense.. That is way off base.

Im a Redskins fan and know that Robert isn't perfect but the craziness I see from some posters on here is nuts. People can say Robert doesnt throw deep so he only has 4 picks but that is not the facts. Robert leads the league in TDs over 25 yards with 9, throws balls 15 yards plus 17.8% of the time which is right around guys like Ryan, Brady, Rodgers,Schaub,P.Manning, and D.Brees...

Luck doesn't have to throw the ball deep at a 28% clip , he chooses to.

I think Robert is aggressive but makes good deciesions within the offense. I know a majority of the board will debate this but Griff has always been carefull with the football even at Baylor.

Robert needs to improve his footwork in must pass situations like 3rd and long etc. That is where he is weak right now BUT the Shanahan offense has always been a dominate 1st and 2nd down play pass system, so what is really different.

Im not trolling but would love a actual football discussion..

Would you like video of the ALL22 footage that clearly shows you are wrong?

Im not trying to troll either.

I actually think Luck will be a darn good QB one day but hes not there yet. I understand fans have a bias for their team and will defend their guy but some of the stuff on here is over the top. I saw one poster say Robert was too stupid to run the Colts offense.. That is way off base.

Im a Redskins fan and know that Robert isn't perfect but the craziness I see from some posters on here is nuts. People can say Robert doesnt throw deep so he only has 4 picks but that is not the facts. Robert leads the league in TDs over 25 yards with 9, throws balls 15 yards plus 17.8% of the time which is right around guys like Ryan, Brady, Rodgers,Schaub,P.Manning, and D.Brees...

Luck doesn't have to throw the ball deep at a 28% clip , he chooses to.

I think Robert is aggressive but makes good deciesions within the offense. I know a majority of the board will debate this but Griff has always been carefull with the football even at Baylor.

Robert needs to improve his footwork in must pass situations like 3rd and long etc. That is where he is weak right now BUT the Shanahan offense has always been a dominate 1st and 2nd down play pass system, so what is really different.

Im not trolling but would love a actual football discussion..

Would you like quotes from Bruce Arian's that says it was Hilton's fault?

Let me guess, you know more then the Colts head coach and offensive coordinator on who messed up the play?

So let me get this straight. The Redskins have THE BEST running game in football, and you are wondering why they dont have RG3 pass more? Please dont be an NFL coach.

Nonononoono you're wrong. If you have a terrible running game the team should RUN more. If they have a terrible passing game they need to PASS more and force it into the pocket. You know, it's basic common sense, expose your weeknesses and the enemy will think that is strength.

Er hmmm, that doesn't sound right.

haha

If you can balance a tac hammer on your head, you will fend off your foes with a balanced attack.

If you confuse players with misdirection you will leave them misdirected and confused.

Wise words.

RG3 just won NFC Offensive player of the Month & Rookie of the Month.

Robert Griffin III

Pepsi Rookie of the Week - x4, and should get his 5th this week.

NFC Offensive Rookie of the Month - x2

NFC Offensive Player of the Week - x2

Lovely... Washington is STILL on the outside looking IN.

Seriously... the NFC EAST is a train wreck.. Go get it Skin fan...

And get your ears smacked back by SF or the Giants.

They have no reason to. Their running game is much better than ours. I don't think Luck would throw 40 times a game if we could run.

RG3 is not ready to carry his team yet... just run option football. (great for the short term) But tape accumulates.

Luck has done it all season. Without trix.

WINK

I'm done, I already bailed on comparison threads on another site, I proved over and over what they all were denying and I just had enough. There are so many other interesting topics. I'll read non troll post on this thread if they don't quote trolls, so that does mean I won't respond to troll posts, others can...

RG3 is not ready to carry his team yet... just run option football. (great for the short term) But tape accumulates.

Luck has done it all season. Without trix.

WINK

What tricks? You mean the majority of Mike Shanahan offense of out pistol formation ? Yes they run the option a few times but it is not the whole offense.. Teams have had 13 weeks of tape on it and they are not close to stopping it. In fact teams around the league are actually starting to implement some of the offesne themselves like the 49ers, Seahawks, Bills, Panthers etc.. Even the Giants have put ELI back in the pistol a few times the past few games...

Lets not talk about facts tho, people don't like when that happens.

What does that have to do with his turnovers?

What do his turnovers have to do with anything? He's still winning games isn't he? If he lost them then it would be a whole different story. Kid is taking his chances and making mistakes like all rookies do. Plus he doesn't have a workhorse 1k rusher taking some of the load off of him. I'll admit Griffin is better RIGHT NOW. But I seriously doubt it when they are seasoned 7 year vets.

What does that have to do with his turnovers?

If Griffin had 6 more interceptions but we didn't give up the Cruz TD in the first Giants game, Morgan didn't throw the ball at Finnegan to knock us out of field goal range at the end of the Rams game, and DeAngelo Williams isn't allowed to run 15+ yards for a score after the play was blown dead then we might be even more ecstatic about him than we are now and we'd certainly have a better record, even though Griffin would actually have played worse.

Efficiency isn't very exciting and I can understand why these guys don't care in light of their record. If Luck keeps it up next year they'll probably begin to change their tune but it would be a bad idea to assume that will happen.

If Griffin had 6 more interceptions but we didn't give up the Cruz TD in the first Giants game, Morgan didn't throw the ball at Finnegan to knock us out of field goal range at the end of the Rams game, and DeAngelo Williams isn't allowed to run 15+ yards for a score after the play was blown dead then we might be even more ecstatic about him than we are now and we'd certainly have a better record, even though Griffin would actually have played worse.

Efficiency isn't very exciting and I can understand why these guys don't care in light of their record. If Luck keeps it up next year they'll probably begin to change their tune but it would be a bad idea to assume that will happen.

It's true, Skins have had some tough breaks in games, unfortunately you cannot change the record but at the same time not judge a team or one player on a team by their record.

But most people here just go "EIGHT AND FOUR, BRAH" and then cover their ears.

It's true, Skins have had some tough breaks in games, unfortunately you cannot change the record but at the same time not judge a team or one player on a team by their record.

Tough break? Like giving up an 80 yard TD with 50 seconds left against the Jags. Would have been 6 game winning drives for Luck if not for that and a 9-3 record.

What is the object of the game? Is it to win or is it to put up pretty numbers? What dominating part of this Colts team is pulling out all these victories? Is it possible that this very high risk/high reward offense that results in turnovers is also leading to enough big plays that are winning games? Would you say the Colts have a dominant run game? Defense? He's carrying this team right now. Sure, he's making mistakes, it's a boom or bust offense. He's throwing regularly to 4 rookies, and they make a ton of mistakes too. But he's also winning games. When he has to make winning plays late in the game, he is. If he wasn't, this team wouldn't have the record they do. If he's playing so badly, how is this team 8-4?

It'd be alot more "EIGHT AND FOUR, BRAH"-ish if it was our defense and running game carrying us to victories and if Luck was a game manager. Which neither of those things are happening. We won those games because of Luck, not because he was there for the ride. It seems like the biggest argument against Luck is his low completion % and high amount of INT.

But are they costing us games? He's making mistakes no doubt. But he's making numerous clutch throws and thriving when the game is on the line. He's not gonna be a TO machine for the rest of his career. IMO, Griffin still has somewhat of some training wheels on, throwing for like 20-30 times a game and relying heavily off play-action. Luck has many TOs becuase he throws deep ALOT and takes too many chances. Something he will learn from.

But in the end, we still won 8 freaking games and counting even with all those TOs and our minus 1,000 TO differential, BRAH!!!!!!

Rg3 is a rich mans Tim tebow (denver of course). Before you grill me take in consideration that they are playing the same exact game with potent running backs. However he throws 10 times more accurately and more often, and that's not saying much. He completed like 12 passess for 163 yds and 1 td against the giants .... Tebow won a gamer with 10 less completions. Its all about running game.

Luck doesn't have that luxury. Luck is asked to throw o over 40 times a game no protection or running game. Heck luck is our best running back as well lol. Rg3 is a great player but with his running game and throwing to wide open receivers off play action makes him a really great game manager.

Rg3 is a rich mans Tim tebow (denver of course). Before you grill me take in consideration that they are playing the same exact game with potent running backs. However he throws 10 times more accurately and more often, and that's not saying much. He completed like 12 passess for 163 yds and 1 td against the giants .... Tebow won a gamer with 10 less completions. Its all about running game.

Luck doesn't have that luxury. Luck is asked to throw o over 40 times a game no protection or running game. Heck luck is our best running back as well lol. Rg3 is a great player but with his running game and throwing to wide open receivers off play action makes him a really great game manager.

You tried to spin that favorably but failed miserably. I just said this in another thread...

For all you see people criticize Luck, you don't see people question his ability to execute a pro offense or ridiculous comparisons to, say, Mark Sanchez.

... and what you have just spewed forth from your keyboard is basically the equivalent of someone actually making that comparison. Trust me, you don't want anyone to go there.

You tried to spin that favorably but failed miserably. I just said this in another thread...

... and what you have just spewed forth from your keyboard is basically the equivalent of someone actually making that comparison. Trust me, you don't want anyone to go there.

the truth is the truth take away Alfred Morris and the offense is less affective

the truth is the truth take away Alfred Morris and the offense is less affective

Take away Reggie Wayne and the Colts offense is less effective. Take away Arian Foster or Andre Johnson and the Texans offense is less effective. What you have just said is about as profound and relevant to the quoted post as proclaiming that the sky is blue.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, December 7, 2012 - personal shot
Hidden by Nadine, December 7, 2012 - personal shot

Take away Reggie Wayne and the Colts offense is less effective. Take away Arian Foster or Andre Johnson and the Texans offense is less effective. What you have just said is about as profound and relevant to the quoted post as proclaiming that the sky is blue.

There are some professional debaters around here.

Lovely... Washington is STILL on the outside looking IN.

Seriously... the NFC EAST is a train wreck.. Go get it Skin fan...

And get your ears smacked back by SF or the Giants.

The Redskins already beat the Giants and should have beaten them the first time, too.

If the NFC East is a train wreck then the AFC South is a shipwreck caused by a cargo plane smacking right onto the deck of an aircraft carrier.

Tough break? Like giving up an 80 yard TD with 50 seconds left against the Jags. Would have been 6 game winning drives for Luck if not for that and a 9-3 record.

What is the object of the game? Is it to win or is it to put up pretty numbers? What dominating part of this Colts team is pulling out all these victories? Is it possible that this very high risk/high reward offense that results in turnovers is also leading to enough big plays that are winning games? Would you say the Colts have a dominant run game? Defense? He's carrying this team right now. Sure, he's making mistakes, it's a boom or bust offense. He's throwing regularly to 4 rookies, and they make a ton of mistakes too. But he's also winning games. When he has to make winning plays late in the game, he is. If he wasn't, this team wouldn't have the record they do. If he's playing so badly, how is this team 8-4?

Awful comparison considering that's a single instance and has little to no effect on the Colts' playoff chances. It's happened to the Redskins four times.

My question is? How many times have Luck and Griffin thrown the ball?

Andrew Luck --- 503 attempts

Robert Griffin --- 325 attempts

Most of Griffin's passes are short on the run dump off passes anyway, so throw out the completion percentage argument. Luck actually has to drop back and read defenses, and not shortcut the whole QB process. Andrew has shown he is mentally tough and physically tough, and very smart. I will take Andrew Luck hands down over ANY small running QB (RG3) ! Just wait until RG3 gets hurt, its just a matter of time ! He's a rib injury waiting to happen.