Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck vs rg3

Greenoughrunner

Sounds about right. The resurgence of Carson will take the football world by storm...and Tebow will make the Jaguars relevant for the next ten years. Man how about that AFC?

The AFC has Luck in it too. If you have Luck in your conference you are on your way to regaining superiority.

• Replies 914
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Am I the only one lately who thinks the AFC looks stronger? *shrugs*

I might take Houston/NE/Denver over many NFC squads. Heck if the Falcons played Denver now I think Denver wins. If the Pats played the Cards now they might lay 60 on them.

Seattle is a tough one at home though....man.

SF looked like "the one" to me but are they? They might be but their fans are screaming at each other all the time putting in the inexperienced Kaep over Smith. Who knows how it works out this year and how far they go.

Heck right now I would not mind a rematch with the Bears. They got us week 1 when we still had name tags on.

The Giants are still the Giants and could come alive and go on a tear any time in the playoffs for all we know but will lightening strike two years in a row?

The Saints have become a mess without Payton and does anyone think Atlanta is going to the SB right now?

If the Packers are healthy they can be a load as usual but will they show up in the playoffs? Heck we beat them......they still can't run the ball well or protect Rodgers well. And the D is nothing scary.

I feel this could be a year the AFC could break through again......

Kaepernick's inexperience may be the 49ers undoing. The Saints are...bleh this year. I think that they should have done better, even without Payton. Atlanta has to prove that they can win in the postseason and if they do...then the ceiling is high for them. Bloodline has missed a lot of time, has he not? And Rodgers doesn't look like the Rodgers of two years ago. You may very well be right. I think those three teams you mentioned would be able to beat the class of the NFC at this point. It's time to reclaim our crown as the best of the NFL!

*Broncos get to the Super Bowl and lose to the Packers*

Next year, we will reclaim our crown as the best of the NFL! :lol:

The AFC has Luck in it too. If you have Luck in your conference you are on your way to regaining superiority.

Uh oh NFC, look out, new kid on the block! Come on Colt/Redskin Super Bowl, let's put this argument to rest officially! haha

Kaepernick's inexperience may be the 49ers undoing. The Saints are...bleh this year. I think that they should have done better, even without Payton. Atlanta has to prove that they can win in the postseason and if they do...then the ceiling is high for them. Bloodline has missed a lot of time, has he not? And Rodgers doesn't look like the Rodgers of two years ago. You may very well be right. I think those three teams you mentioned would be able to beat the class of the NFC at this point. It's time to reclaim our crown as the best of the NFL!

*Broncos get to the Super Bowl and lose to the Packers*

Next year, we will reclaim our crown as the best of the NFL! :lol:

Well if the Packers pulled this off again this year it might resemble 2010 in a way with the injuries and all. Not many were calling them the SB Champs in 2010 either. I have to see it to believe it though. 49ers were most peoples NFC pick and might still be. But, lets see how they do in NE too. Lets see what Kaep is made up in Foxboro. Granted they did win in NO but NO sucks this year (and like you I believe they should have been better) and Brees gifted them 14 points and the Niners ran the ball down their throats.

My SB pick starting early in the regular season to win it all became the Patriots, not an "official" pick but a pick to people I know. I have not picked them to win it all in a long time and it was/is just a hunch. We'll see if I am right later.

Pats/Texans and 49ers/Pats will tell me more about what is going on out there possibly.

Well if the Packers pulled this off again this year it might resemble 2010 in a way with the injuries and all. Not many were calling them the SB Champs in 2010 either. I have to see it to believe it though. 49ers were most peoples NFC pick and might still be. But, lets see how they do in NE too. Lets see what Kaep is made up in Foxboro. Granted they did win in NO but NO sucks this year (and like you I believe they should have been better) and Brees gifted them 14 points and the Niners ran the ball down their throats.

My SB pick starting early in the regular season to win it all became the Patriots, not an "official" pick but a pick to people I know. I have not picked them to win it all in a long time and it was/is just a hunch. We'll see if I am right later.

Pats/Texans and 49ers/Pats will tell me more about what is going on out there possibly.

Right on the money. Those games will tell a lot about Super Bowl ramifications this year. We will also have to wait and see if the Pack has what it takes again.

Uh oh NFC, look out, new kid on the block! Come on Colt/Redskin Super Bowl, let's put this argument to rest officially! haha

Would be awesome but maybe in a few years or so. haha Not sure both teams are ready yet for SB action.

I could already see it now. Luck throws a pick 6 and then a while later RG3 fumbles and Mathis returns it for a TD.

Then with the score an exciting 7-7 the Redskins run out the clock for half an hour while the Colts can't stop it with their run defense as it ends in a game winning FG for the Redskins and they win 10-7.

Right on the money. Those games will tell a lot about Super Bowl ramifications this year. We will also have to wait and see if the Pack has what it takes again.

Yep. Even though I would rather the Pats have Gronk and to see both teams at full strength in case they play later and I can get a better idea now.

But, regardless it's not like NE won't put up points.

I just want to see how Houston and Kaep play in the bright lights of a prime time game in Foxboro. I mean we already saw Indy pass it in flying colors. :hide::gloomy:

How exactly are they winning then? Dominant run game? Dominant defense? Dominant special teams. You are right this is not the same team as last year. We basically started over with rookies and first year Colts. This team talent wise is probably worse then last year in most areas.

Peyton Manning ran a timing offense. Bruce Arian's doesn't. When people say he wouldn't survive this year behind that line, they are correct.

And nobody here thinks 12 can do no wrong. We just think he's better then you want to give him credit for. But you are a fan of a division rival, so you are not going to agree with us regardless.

You do realize that in 7 of the 8 Colts wins the defense has only given up ~17pts per game. The defense has kept them in games more than the offense. Nothing against Luck but his turnovers have directly forced the defense into VERY bad situations.

Luck has been pretty good, and I'm being generous because I could care less how many yards he throws for, POINTS win ball games and this offense is way too talented to only be averaging just 22 a game.

I'm a Colts fan I'm but I think Luck is getting WAY too much praise for a "ton of yards". Don't get me wrong he's been amazing in the two minute drills but its mainly been the defense whose pretty much been keeping them in games. I think there was a four or five game stretch, during the recent 5 game win streak, that the defense yielded just 3 points in the 2nd half of all of those games combined and also during that streak they were holding teams to just under 15pts per game and the Colts were still barely squeaking out the win. There has been more than just Luck thats attributed to these wins.

Would be awesome but maybe in a few years or so. haha Not sure both teams are ready yet for SB action.

I could already see it now. Luck throws a pick 6 and then a while later RG3 fumbles and Mathis returns it for a TD.

Then with the score an exciting 7-7 the Redskins run out the clock for half an hour while the Colts can't stop it with their run defense as it ends in a game winning FG for the Redskins and they win 10-7.

haha this is before the few years or so, right?

Yep. Even though I would rather the Pats have Gronk and to see both teams at full strength in case they play later and I can get a better idea now.

But, regardless it's not like NE won't put up points.

I just want to see how Houston and Kaep play in the bright lights of a prime time game in Foxboro. I mean we already saw Indy pass it in flying colors. :hide::gloomy:

Yes, I am hoping the Texans can pass the test in vibrant colors then hahaha. And who needs Gronkowski? He can continue chilling as long as he likes, all the way to the Championship Game. Go ahead G. Rest. haha

You do realize that in 7 of the 8 Colts wins the defense has only given up ~17pts per game. The defense has kept them in games more than the offense. Nothing against Luck but his turnovers have directly forced the defense into VERY bad situations.

Luck has been pretty good, and I'm being generous because I could care less how many yards he throws for, POINTS win ball games and this offense is way too talented to only be averaging just 22 a game.

I'm a Colts fan I'm but I think Luck is getting WAY too much praise for a "ton of yards". Don't get me wrong he's been amazing in the two minute drills but its mainly been the defense whose pretty much been keeping them in games. I think there was a four or five game stretch, during the recent 5 game win streak, that the defense yielded just 3 points in the 2nd half of all of those games combined and also during that streak they were holding teams to just under 15pts per game and the Colts were still barely squeaking out the win. There has been more than just Luck thats attributed to these wins.

The defense is still not good and definitely not dominating. In fact, if you really want to take a deeper look at it, they are one of the worst in the league in efficiency.

http://footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamdef

You want to talk about how Luck puts his D in bad spots, how many times has this defense turned the ball over and put Luck in a good spot? Not very often.

I also think you greatly overrate the talent on offense. The O line, which is really one of the most important parts of any offense, is horrible. The running game is medicore on it's best days, pathetic on it's worst. The only real proven player on the entire offense was Reggie Wayne. Hilton is talented yes, but he also makes a ton of mistakes. Look at the Lions game if you don't think so, where he caused one of Luck's picks and nearly caused another late in the game by not crossing face on a slant pass.

The defense is still not good and definitely not dominating. In fact, if you really want to take a deeper look at it, they are one of the worst in the league in efficiency.

http://footballoutsi...m/stats/teamdef

You want to talk about how Luck puts his D in bad spots, how many times has this defense turned the ball over and put Luck in a good spot? Not very often.

I also think you greatly overrate the talent on offense. The O line, which is really one of the most important parts of any offense, is horrible. The running game is medicore on it's best days, pathetic on it's worst. The only real proven player on the entire offense was Reggie Wayne. Hilton is talented yes, but he also makes a ton of mistakes. Look at the Lions game if you don't think so, where he caused one of Luck's picks and nearly caused another late in the game by not crossing face on a slant pass.

I agree 100%. Many people just do not understand this aspect of football. People think about the offense and only think about the skill positions. I have preached for yrs. that the trenches are where a good football team is built, both on offense and defense. A good offensive line is the lifeline of a good offense. Without a good O-line, it really don't matter how good your skill players are because the opportunities just won't be there if the O-line is not able to do their job.

http://footballoutsi...m/stats/teamdef

That link directly relates to yards. POINTS determine ball games. The defense is holding teams down well enough point-wise that the Colts offense should not be struggling to barely win games.

3 and outs are virtually a turnover, however its the offenses responsibility to turn the field position in their favor as they are the ones who move the ball, but yes lets make yet another excuse for Mr. Luck. It does no good if the defense makes a stop only to watch our offense go three and out or turn the ball over.

I absolutely LOVE the bashing of the O-line. Our fans have done the same exact thing that Steeler fans used to do which was cry and moan that the O-line is just so terrible. Do you really believe with the way that Arians schemes this offense that even with an ALL-STAR line you are going to see Luck get 5 seconds to throw the ball? If so keep dreaming. He makes it an absolute dream to play against defensively. EVERY single passing play takes almost the same amount of time to develop. A good front 4 (Detroit and Buffalo), whose only 3-5 yards away from Luck, will more than likely cover that distance as fast if not faster than a receiver going 20 yards. Other teams (Patriots and Green Bay) are simply rushing 5-6 each time knowing that each passing play is taking quite a bit of time to develop. Its simple math/physics and common sense. Arians is too boneheaded to do anything about it and of course it makes the O-line look terrible. It almost got Ben killed and isn't helping Luck either. Its like defensive backs trying to cover a WR; there is only a small window of time before the WR is going to get open regardless of how good the defensive back is. On top of that they don't run enough to help the offensive line out anyways. 15 carries by the RB's against Detroit? Its like if there are a couple of small to no gains its automatically "well our O-line sucks and we can't run the ball". Coming out of the half Ballard literally walked them down the field and scored his first rushing TD and they barely ran after that let alone before that. And what the :censored: are they doing running play-action when they haven't even tried running the ball yet?

Reggie, Donnie, TY, and Dewayne have been good this year. Ballard would shine if they would actually run the ball, or not go away from him once he gets in a rhythm.

Yes, TY ran behind the DB on the one slant route but the other 2 were throws Luck had plenty of time to see and decide not to throw them but he did anyways. On the second INT, the WR broke off away from the spot in the zone the safety was playing and headed up field by himself, yet Luck threw it right at the safety. Why would the receiver go and sit in a spot with the safety right behind him and a DB not 5 yards in front of him? And why on earth would you attempt to make that throw to that spot? Regardless of what Arians said, and I know I'm going to get the whole "he knows more than you quote", but I felt the WR did the right thing and broke his route off away from the coverage. Lets not get into how many times Luck throws into double and triple coverage, but I guess that's a "rookie" mistake. Oh I can't wait until next year when the excuses go right out the window....

I agree 100%. Many people just do not understand this aspect of football. People think about the offense and only think about the skill positions. I have preached for yrs. that the trenches are where a good football team is built, both on offense and defense. A good offensive line is the lifeline of a good offense. Without a good O-line, it really don't matter how good your skill players are because the opportunities just won't be there if the O-line is not able to do their job.

Oh yes because expecting an offensive line to keep players off their QB for 5-7 seconds while he waits for his WR to get into his spot 20-30 yards down field are a dime a dozen. Some people don't grasp simple math. A defensive lineman having to only get ~5 yards up field will probably get to their spot much quicker than a WR having to go 20-30 yards.

"A good offensive line is the lifeline of a good offense."

Please explain 2010 to me. You know the one with the revolving door of lineman and an O-line that was probably the worst that the Colts have had in Manning's entire time with the Colts.

I couldn't agree more. Games are won and lost in the trenches. That is why the Texans have been so successful; they have a very stout D line and a mauler O line. I would love to compare stats for the sake of my own curiosity if D Brown and V Ballard were running behind that line and Foster were trying to rush behind our line. Obviously Foster is elite, but I think it would be very interesting to see.

They have no reason to. Their running game is much better than ours. I don't think Luck would throw 40 times a game if we could run.

Oh how I wish Jeff Saturday were still here so that he could go crazy on Arians like he did Peyton in 04' during the Rams game. "We need to run the :censored: ball.." After what the Colts did against the Patriots in their first two drives, racking up 51 rushing yards, and then completely going away from it like they have all year, how can it be said that we can't run? We've shown a good handful of times that we are fully capable of running the ball, but no one can expect them to be good when you only try running once or twice and throw the next 10 times. Arians just doesn't give it time, but just like in Pittsburgh he never will.

Oh yes because expecting an offensive line to keep players off their QB for 5-7 seconds while he waits for his WR to get into his spot 20-30 yards down field are a dime a dozen. Some people don't grasp simple math. A defensive lineman having to only get ~5 yards up field will probably get to their spot much quicker than a WR having to go 20-30 yards.

"A good offensive line is the lifeline of a good offense."

Please explain 2010 to me. You know the one with the revolving door of lineman and an O-line that was probably the worst that the Colts have had in Manning's entire time with the Colts.

If it is taking 5-7 seconds for a WR to get 20 yds. up field then there are serious problems. Plus there are plenty of O-lines in the league that can keep the defense off their QB's for at least 5 seconds. Also, when there is no serious threat what so ever of having a decent run game, then it just makes the O-lines job even tougher and for a line that is shaky(at best) at pass blocking, it puts every other skill position on the offense in a difficult position.

The fact that you are even questioning the importance of a good O-line tells me that no matter what I say, its just not going to sink in with you.

That link directly relates to yards. POINTS determine ball games. The defense is holding teams down well enough point-wise that the Colts offense should not be struggling to barely win games.

3 and outs are virtually a turnover, however its the offenses responsibility to turn the field position in their favor as they are the ones who move the ball, but yes lets make yet another excuse for Mr. Luck. It does no good if the defense makes a stop only to watch our offense go three and out or turn the ball over.

I absolutely LOVE the bashing of the O-line. Our fans have done the same exact thing that Steeler fans used to do which was cry and moan that the O-line is just so terrible. Do you really believe with the way that Arians schemes this offense that even with an ALL-STAR line you are going to see Luck get 5 seconds to throw the ball? If so keep dreaming. He makes it an absolute dream to play against defensively. EVERY single passing play takes almost the same amount of time to develop. A good front 4 (Detroit and Buffalo), whose only 3-5 yards away from Luck, will more than likely cover that distance as fast if not faster than a receiver going 20 yards. Other teams (Patriots and Green Bay) are simply rushing 5-6 each time knowing that each passing play is taking quite a bit of time to develop. Its simple math/physics and common sense. Arians is too boneheaded to do anything about it and of course it makes the O-line look terrible. It almost got Ben killed and isn't helping Luck either. Its like defensive backs trying to cover a WR; there is only a small window of time before the WR is going to get open regardless of how good the defensive back is. On top of that they don't run enough to help the offensive line out anyways. 15 carries by the RB's against Detroit? Its like if there are a couple of small to no gains its automatically "well our O-line sucks and we can't run the ball". Coming out of the half Ballard literally walked them down the field and scored his first rushing TD and they barely ran after that let alone before that. And what the :censored: are they doing running play-action when they haven't even tried running the ball yet?

Reggie, Donnie, TY, and Dewayne have been good this year. Ballard would shine if they would actually run the ball, or not go away from him once he gets in a rhythm.

Yes, TY ran behind the DB on the one slant route but the other 2 were throws Luck had plenty of time to see and decide not to throw them but he did anyways. On the second INT, the WR broke off away from the spot in the zone the safety was playing and headed up field by himself, yet Luck threw it right at the safety. Why would the receiver go and sit in a spot with the safety right behind him and a DB not 5 yards in front of him? And why on earth would you attempt to make that throw to that spot? Regardless of what Arians said, and I know I'm going to get the whole "he knows more than you quote", but I felt the WR did the right thing and broke his route off away from the coverage. Lets not get into how many times Luck throws into double and triple coverage, but I guess that's a "rookie" mistake. Oh I can't wait until next year when the excuses go right out the window....

The Colts defense on average gives up 25 points a game. I'm not sure i would use points given up as an argument if i were you. We already know from a efficiency standpoint the Colts D is near dead last as well.

I find it hilarious that you claim it's the offenses fault when don't move the ball, but then sit back and say that it's ok if the defense gives up a ton of yards but not points. Yet, we are the one making excuses? The defense has just as much responsibility to not let teams flip field position as the offense does. Again, how many turnovers has this defense created? What is our average starting field postion? I really don't know but would be interested.

The bashing of the O line is deserved. They aren't very good. Most wouldn't start anywhere but here. That's why they are on this team to begin with because other teams cut them. Your rant about about the plays taking too long is ridiculous. Nobody is saying he needs 5 seconds to throw, but how about at least half of the time we actually lay a finger on a guy or at least give Luck longer then 2 seconds to throw the ball? If you think this O line is good i question your football intelligence honestly.

TY made the same mistake TWICE in the Lions game. It resulted in one INT and should have been another on the play before the bomb to Brazil. Oh and that's not excuse making, that's reality. Even Arian's mentioned it.

You should go read some of Nate Dunlevy's article if you aren't happy with the throws Luck makes. I think you will find that on more plays then not he really doesn't have many options. When all your receivers are 10-15 yards downfield without a checkdown option, balls tend to get forced. Again, not an excuse, just the reality of the situation.

If it is taking 5-7 seconds for a WR to get 20 yds. up field then there are serious problems. Plus there are plenty of O-lines in the league that can keep the defense off their QB's for at least 5 seconds. Also, when there is no serious threat what so ever of having a decent run game, then it just makes the O-lines job even tougher and for a line that is shaky(at best) at pass blocking, it puts every other skill position on the offense in a difficult position.

The fact that you are even questioning the importance of a good O-line tells me that no matter what I say, its just not going to sink in with you.

haha.. Seriously.. Plenty? Detroit's D-line was all over Schaub and they have a more limited passing attack than we do. Washington has one of the better rushing attacks in the league and they have a hard time keeping a clean pocket for Griffin, yet much like Houston they run a much more limited passing attack, in terms of their passing tree, than the Colts do. New England does a great job of mixing things up so much that the short throws can back the defense off enough in certain situations to allow longer developing plays to happen, but they don't do it EVERY SINGLE PLAY.

I figured simple math/physics (time/distance) would get lost in the logic of things, along with how great that O-line was in 2010...

Carry on..

2010...Was that the year Manning had his highest INT total since 02?

10-6 that year i think. i could see a finish like that this year as well.

I also think it would help that the system being ran that year had been in place for a decade. We also weren't starting rookies at several key positions.

haha.. Seriously.. Plenty? Detroit's D-line was all over Schaub and they have a more limited passing attack than we do. Washington has one of the better rushing attacks in the league and they have a hard time keeping a clean pocket for Griffin, yet much like Houston they run a much more limited passing attack, in terms of their passing tree, than the Colts do. New England does a great job of mixing things up so much that the short throws can back the defense off enough in certain situations to allow longer developing plays to happen, but they don't do it EVERY SINGLE PLAY.

I figured simple math/physics (time/distance) would get lost in the logic of things, along with how great that O-line was in 2010...

Carry on..

A lot of people don't realize the impact a scheme has on an offense. As it relates to the Redskins, they have a successful ground attack because:

1. The utilize the zone blocking scheme

2. They incorporate the option to give the defense different looks

They run that to disguise the deficiencies in the offensive live. This is the same offensive line that didn't have success last year. Anyone looking at their games know that when it comes to pure pass plays, the Redskins line doesn't hold up.

But it is interesting that someone brought up the Steelers considering they had the exact same issue under Arians.

Carry on..

Please don't try to make yourself sound more intelligent by trying to tell people they don't know "simple math/physics" and then not break down the equations and algorithms. Maybe I would be more likely to believe your argument if you could support your hypothesis with your "simple math/physics".

And once again, If you don't understand how a strong O-line would completely open up our offense and lead to less mistakes from Luck, then there really is nothing more to say about this to you.

A lot of people don't realize the impact a scheme has on an offense. As it relates to the Redskins, they have a successful ground attack because:

They run that to disguise the deficiencies in the offensive live. This is the same offensive line that didn't have success last year. Anyone looking at their games know that when it comes to pure pass plays, the Redskins line doesn't hold up.

But it is interesting that someone brought up the Steelers considering they had the exact same issue under Arians.

I think this is exactly what most(including myself) has been trying to say all along. The scheme the Redskins use is more apt to be successful than the one that Luck is having to run. Simple, and has been my only argument through this entire thread.

THIS IS MY EXACT POINT...

People are expecting for this O-line to hold up in the scheme that Arians runs and I don't care how good the offensive line is if EVERY single route is 20-30 yards down field the QB is going to get hit or be forced to move before he has a chance to throw the ball. This has been proven since Arians tenure in Pittsburgh.

It would take the Colts entire salary in order to build an offensive line capable of sustaining consistent blocks in order for Arians time consuming plays to develop and to make the majority of the fans around here happy. However, the easiest thing to do right now is moan that this offensive line isn't good.

Please don't try to make yourself sound more intelligent by trying to tell people they don't know "simple math/physics" and then not break down the equations and algorithms. Maybe I would be more likely to believe your argument if you could support your hypothesis with your "simple math/physics".

And once again, If you don't understand how a strong O-line would completely open up our offense and lead to less mistakes from Luck, then there really is nothing more to say about this to you.

I already did... The time it takes for a defensive lineman to cover a certain distance (~5-7 yards) compared to a WR to cover (20-30 yards). I'll take the time it takes for said defensive lineman to get to the QB,

We will use Avery for example who has been clocked at a 4.3 40 (distance((conversion of yards to miles))/time). That's roughly 19mph. Hypothetically it would take him ~2.15 to go 20 yards down field in a straight line.

Lets use an average D-lineman (consideration to DT's and DE's) and use a 5.0 40 guy. That equates to roughly 16.3 mph. Lets say he has 7 yards to the QB. The time it takes for that D-lineman to cover that distance is just a tick under .9 of a second.

Considering the variables for a WR, a DB and the fact that not all routes are straight will obviously extend that route time a little longer. The same goes into consideration for the DL in that they have to shed blocks and get to the QB will obviously extend the time as well, but its hard to deny the difference in time that it will take for one to get to their respective position and I will take the DL every time in that battle.

After having read your last comment to the quote by jahsoul I think we are virtually agreeing to the same thing. However, as jahsoul said, and I will agree, that the personnel of this O-line is not right for the scheme that's being used by Arians. I don't agree with the assessment that they aren't good period, because they have shown their moments of being good in both pass blocking and run blocking. The first two drives of the New England game was absolutely flawless. They were running the ball AND throwing shorter routes with a FEW intermediate routes mixed in. After the third drive they went back to the longer developing plays with very little running and Belicheck blitzed I believe every play on out. Their 5-7 vs our 5 sometimes 6 was in the backfield very quickly and again its just hard for anything good to happen when you're giving the defense the jump on the play while extending the routes further and further.

I would love to have that impenetrable wall that you all want, but I just don't find it to be realistic with this scheme, especially when there are cap restraints. Even then I don't think it would be possible as I would have no doubts it would give Arians even more of a reason to want to throw more and longer.

I already did... The time it takes for a defensive lineman to cover a certain distance (~5-7 yards) compared to a WR to cover (20-30 yards). I'll take the time it takes for said defensive lineman to get to the QB,

We will use Avery for example who has been clocked at a 4.3 40 (distance((conversion of yards to miles))/time). That's roughly 19mph. Hypothetically it would take him ~2.15 to go 20 yards down field in a straight line.

Lets use an average D-lineman (consideration to DT's and DE's) and use a 5.0 40 guy. That equates to roughly 16.3 mph. Lets say he has 7 yards to the QB. The time it takes for that D-lineman to cover that distance is just a tick under .9 of a second.

Considering the variables for a WR, a DB and the fact that not all routes are straight will obviously extend that route time a little longer. The same goes into consideration for the DL in that they have to shed blocks and get to the QB will obviously extend the time as well, but its hard to deny the difference in time that it will take for one to get to their respective position and I will take the DL every time in that battle.

After having read your last comment to the quote by jahsoul I think we are virtually agreeing to the same thing. However, as jahsoul said, and I will agree, that the personnel of this O-line is not right for the scheme that's being used by Arians. I don't agree with the assessment that they aren't good period, because they have shown their moments of being good in both pass blocking and run blocking. The first two drives of the New England game was absolutely flawless. They were running the ball AND throwing shorter routes with a FEW intermediate routes mixed in. After the third drive they went back to the longer developing plays with very little running and Belicheck blitzed I believe every play on out. Their 5-7 vs our 5 sometimes 6 was in the backfield very quickly and again its just hard for anything good to happen when you're giving the defense the jump on the play while extending the routes further and further.

I would love to have that impenetrable wall that you all want, but I just don't find it to be realistic with this scheme, especially when there are cap restraints. Even then I don't think it would be possible as I would have no doubts it would give Arians even more of a reason to want to throw more and longer.

This much, I will absolutely agree with. There has been times throughout the yr. that our O-line has shown glimpses of being able to run block, however, with the constant injuries the line has endured and the shuffling of different lineman that we have been forced to do, it has made the line very inconsistent.

I do not expect to ever have an O-line that is virtually impenetrable, but this group that we have is ridiculously inconsistent and probably only have 2 guys that I would expect back next yr.(from the starters). That would be Castonzo and Satele. Satele has not been as bad as many would have you believe and the fact that he was given a 3 yr. 10.5 million dollar contract, isn't going anywhere IMO.

If Shipley had been so much more better than Satele(like many say he has), then there is no doubt in my mind he would be starting. Coaches aren't going to keep a bad lineman starting if there is a better option already on the team and to think they would is just ludicrous. With all that said, our O-line is not good, whether that is a scheming problem, a personnel problem, or and most likely a little of both, is yet to be determined from a fans standpoint. Im sure the coaches and Grigson have already identified the problem but are stuck to roll with what we got till next yr..

For those talking about our D. It would probably help Luck's productivity with points if the defense gave him a short field now and then with a turnover. If you ask a rookie to go the length of the field just about everytime he has it of course he's going to make mistakes that's what rookie qbs do. The fact Luck has been so good at it is one of the big reasons people say he plays like a third or fourth year player.

Does anyone else not find it ironic the arguement has now become "our team is worse than your team"?

The debate can't be answered at this stage, in fact a true answer will only come at the end of their respective careers and even then it might still not be clear cut.

All you can do is project based on a small sample size, which is about as accurate as reading entrails for the answer :P

Exactly how I feel.

Exactly how I feel.

I agree that in the games that we've won, the defense largely has played well. Wins usually are about TEAM effort, not just the QB.However, a case can be made that by the way we've been winning games late, that the QB has had a very large part in those wins. Anyone watching the Colts this year would have to agree that Luck has been clutch in the final minutes when given a chance for a win. It has been the defense that has afforded Luck those chances.

As for the arguement about points, or lack there of: Luck leads the team in rushing TDs as well as passing TDs. So it would be great if the running game would chip in and help out in the points department. I agree that we need to score more, but disagree that it's just Luck's fault.

RG3 plays in the most glamorous division in sports, the NFC East

Although the AFC South with such popular teams as the Jacksonville Jaguars, Houston Texas and Tennesee Titans is a close second /sarcasm

Also, RG3 plays in one of the premire football towns in the NFL

His team has beat 2 of the most popular teams and in the New Giants, one of the best teams in the NFL and they have won 3 divisonal games in a row.

Also, RG3 is just more marketable than Luck. If Luck was more marketable, Im sure he would be all over the place as well.

It is what it is.

- RG3 does play in a more "media-filled" division. I don't believe division has anything to do with it though because PM was the face of the NFL and he played in the AFC South when the closest threat we had were the Titans.

- The Redskins are winning NOW, but Luck has led the Colts to a hot streak and is in possession of the #1 wild card spot after being projected to not win more than 5 games. I think the "wins" discussion between the 2 QB's is debatable.

- While I don't agree with the first half of your commet, I COMPLETELY agree with the last sentence. RG3 IS more marketable. RG3 essentially came out of nowhere while Luck has been heralded as the next big thing for a while. RG3 play-style is more electrifying than Luck's. RG3 is more photogenic and media friendly than Luck. RG3 is really a poster boy. I do think he deserves the credit he is given but I don't believe he should be praised more than Luck, that's just my personal belief.

Redskins have played on national TV two weeks in a row vs big divisional opponets with the world watching. RGiii played very well in those games. It's the way the media works, if the Detroit game was nationally televised with the world watching that phenomenal comeback you would hear people spamming all over the networks about Luck and the Colts, which are still getting decent media attention as it is anyways.

Even though this is true, I don't think it would last as long as RG3's attention. Even when the Redskins were losing, RG3 & the Skins were getting attention.

- RG3 does play in a more "media-filled" division. I don't believe division has anything to do with it though because PM was the face of the NFL and he played in the AFC South when the closest threat we had were the Titans.

- The Redskins are winning NOW, but Luck has led the Colts to a hot streak and is in possession of the #1 wild card spot after being projected to not win more than 5 games. I think the "wins" discussion between the 2 QB's is debatable.

- While I don't agree with the first half of your commet, I COMPLETELY agree with the last sentence. RG3 IS more marketable. RG3 essentially came out of nowhere while Luck has been heralded as the next big thing for a while. RG3 play-style is more electrifying than Luck's. RG3 is more photogenic and media friendly than Luck. RG3 is really a poster boy. I do think he deserves the credit he is given but I don't believe he should be praised more than Luck, that's just my personal belief.

1. I agree, but Peyton Manning is a once in generation player. I think Peyton Manning revolutionized the quarterback postion, but thats just me.

2. Agree. It's why I say, if Luck makes the playoffs and the Skins dont, I'd give ROTY to Luck. All things being equal tho (Skins and Colts make the playoffs), I'd give it to RG3. His stats are just too superior to ignore (TD/Int ratio, Completion %, Rush yards, etc..)

3. I dont think he is priased more than Luck, but people do talk about him more. Luck is a great football figure, but I think RG3 transcends football (right now) and is just a great sports figure. When you have Basketball players, Baseball players and racecar drivers talking about you, you've pretty much crossed over.

That's a rookie receiver not crossing face on a slant pass.

You can't even troll right.

It is actually a Rookie QB throwing a innacurrate football into zone coverage. Can't throw the ball behind the WR when a CB has eyes on the CB in zone.. Bad throw.

What did the WR do wrong here ?luck2.gif