Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Greenoughrunner

Luck vs rg3

915 posts in this topic

RG3 just won NFC Offensive player of the Month & Rookie of the Month.

Robert Griffin III

Pepsi Rookie of the Week - x4, and should get his 5th this week.

NFC Offensive Rookie of the Month - x2

NFC Offensive Player of the Week - x2

Lovely... Washington is STILL on the outside looking IN.

Seriously... the NFC EAST is a train wreck.. Go get it Skin fan...

And get your ears smacked back by SF or the Giants.

IND_The Catch_728x90

They have no reason to. Their running game is much better than ours. I don't think Luck would throw 40 times a game if we could run.

RG3 is not ready to carry his team yet... just run option football. (great for the short term) But tape accumulates.

Luck has done it all season. Without trix.

WINK

1 person likes this

I'm done, I already bailed on comparison threads on another site, I proved over and over what they all were denying and I just had enough. There are so many other interesting topics. I'll read non troll post on this thread if they don't quote trolls, so that does mean I won't respond to troll posts, others can...

RG3 is not ready to carry his team yet... just run option football. (great for the short term) But tape accumulates.

WINK

Maybe he should start adding trix. Those interceptions are ridiculous.

I can't wait until dude is FORCED TO MAKE IT HAPPEN.

every week...

CYA

I can't wait until dude is FORCED TO MAKE IT HAPPEN.

every week...

CYA

What dude? Griffin? He's been pretty great when forced to make plays late in games. The guys around him have been decidedly dodgier.

The wins and game winning drives are even more ridiculous.

WINK

What tricks? You mean the majority of Mike Shanahan offense of out pistol formation ? Yes they run the option a few times but it is not the whole offense.. Teams have had 13 weeks of tape on it and they are not close to stopping it. In fact teams around the league are actually starting to implement some of the offesne themselves like the 49ers, Seahawks, Bills, Panthers etc.. Even the Giants have put ELI back in the pistol a few times the past few games...

Lets not talk about facts tho, people don't like when that happens.

1 person likes this

The wins and game winning drives are even more ridiculous.

What does that have to do with his turnovers?

What do those turnovers have to do with his wins and game winning drives?

3 people like this

What do his turnovers have to do with anything? He's still winning games isn't he? If he lost them then it would be a whole different story. Kid is taking his chances and making mistakes like all rookies do. Plus he doesn't have a workhorse 1k rusher taking some of the load off of him. I'll admit Griffin is better RIGHT NOW. But I seriously doubt it when they are seasoned 7 year vets.

If Griffin had 6 more interceptions but we didn't give up the Cruz TD in the first Giants game, Morgan didn't throw the ball at Finnegan to knock us out of field goal range at the end of the Rams game, and DeAngelo Williams isn't allowed to run 15+ yards for a score after the play was blown dead then we might be even more ecstatic about him than we are now and we'd certainly have a better record, even though Griffin would actually have played worse.

Efficiency isn't very exciting and I can understand why these guys don't care in light of their record. If Luck keeps it up next year they'll probably begin to change their tune but it would be a bad idea to assume that will happen.

If Griffin had 6 more interceptions but we didn't give up the Cruz TD in the first Giants game, Morgan didn't throw the ball at Finnegan to knock us out of field goal range at the end of the Rams game, and DeAngelo Williams isn't allowed to run 15+ yards for a score after the play was blown dead then we might be even more ecstatic about him than we are now and we'd certainly have a better record, even though Griffin would actually have played worse.

Efficiency isn't very exciting and I can understand why these guys don't care in light of their record. If Luck keeps it up next year they'll probably begin to change their tune but it would be a bad idea to assume that will happen.

It's true, Skins have had some tough breaks in games, unfortunately you cannot change the record but at the same time not judge a team or one player on a team by their record.

But most people here just go "EIGHT AND FOUR, BRAH" and then cover their ears.

It's true, Skins have had some tough breaks in games, unfortunately you cannot change the record but at the same time not judge a team or one player on a team by their record.

Tough break? Like giving up an 80 yard TD with 50 seconds left against the Jags. Would have been 6 game winning drives for Luck if not for that and a 9-3 record.

What is the object of the game? Is it to win or is it to put up pretty numbers? What dominating part of this Colts team is pulling out all these victories? Is it possible that this very high risk/high reward offense that results in turnovers is also leading to enough big plays that are winning games? Would you say the Colts have a dominant run game? Defense? He's carrying this team right now. Sure, he's making mistakes, it's a boom or bust offense. He's throwing regularly to 4 rookies, and they make a ton of mistakes too. But he's also winning games. When he has to make winning plays late in the game, he is. If he wasn't, this team wouldn't have the record they do. If he's playing so badly, how is this team 8-4?

It'd be alot more "EIGHT AND FOUR, BRAH"-ish if it was our defense and running game carrying us to victories and if Luck was a game manager. Which neither of those things are happening. We won those games because of Luck, not because he was there for the ride. It seems like the biggest argument against Luck is his low completion % and high amount of INT.

But are they costing us games? He's making mistakes no doubt. But he's making numerous clutch throws and thriving when the game is on the line. He's not gonna be a TO machine for the rest of his career. IMO, Griffin still has somewhat of some training wheels on, throwing for like 20-30 times a game and relying heavily off play-action. Luck has many TOs becuase he throws deep ALOT and takes too many chances. Something he will learn from.

But in the end, we still won 8 freaking games and counting even with all those TOs and our minus 1,000 TO differential, BRAH!!!!!!

2 people like this

Rg3 is a rich mans Tim tebow (denver of course). Before you grill me take in consideration that they are playing the same exact game with potent running backs. However he throws 10 times more accurately and more often, and that's not saying much. He completed like 12 passess for 163 yds and 1 td against the giants .... Tebow won a gamer with 10 less completions. Its all about running game.

Luck doesn't have that luxury. Luck is asked to throw o over 40 times a game no protection or running game. Heck luck is our best running back as well lol. Rg3 is a great player but with his running game and throwing to wide open receivers off play action makes him a really great game manager.

1 person likes this

Rg3 is a rich mans Tim tebow (denver of course). Before you grill me take in consideration that they are playing the same exact game with potent running backs. However he throws 10 times more accurately and more often, and that's not saying much. He completed like 12 passess for 163 yds and 1 td against the giants .... Tebow won a gamer with 10 less completions. Its all about running game.

Luck doesn't have that luxury. Luck is asked to throw o over 40 times a game no protection or running game. Heck luck is our best running back as well lol. Rg3 is a great player but with his running game and throwing to wide open receivers off play action makes him a really great game manager.

You tried to spin that favorably but failed miserably. I just said this in another thread...

For all you see people criticize Luck, you don't see people question his ability to execute a pro offense or ridiculous comparisons to, say, Mark Sanchez.

... and what you have just spewed forth from your keyboard is basically the equivalent of someone actually making that comparison. Trust me, you don't want anyone to go there.

You tried to spin that favorably but failed miserably. I just said this in another thread...

... and what you have just spewed forth from your keyboard is basically the equivalent of someone actually making that comparison. Trust me, you don't want anyone to go there.

the truth is the truth take away Alfred Morris and the offense is less affective

the truth is the truth take away Alfred Morris and the offense is less affective

No. Take away Mike Shanahan and ZBS and the offense is less effective. RB is irrelevant (sorry Skins fans).

No. Take away Mike Shanahan and ZBS and the offense is less effective. RB is irrelevant (sorry Skins fans).

that's also true

Take away Reggie Wayne and the Colts offense is less effective. Take away Arian Foster or Andre Johnson and the Texans offense is less effective. What you have just said is about as profound and relevant to the quoted post as proclaiming that the sky is blue.

1 person likes this

There are some professional debaters around here.

Some are even masters of it.

The joke is less funny when you ruin the subtlety.

:Gaah:

Lovely... Washington is STILL on the outside looking IN.

Seriously... the NFC EAST is a train wreck.. Go get it Skin fan...

And get your ears smacked back by SF or the Giants.

The Redskins already beat the Giants and should have beaten them the first time, too.

If the NFC East is a train wreck then the AFC South is a shipwreck caused by a cargo plane smacking right onto the deck of an aircraft carrier.

Tough break? Like giving up an 80 yard TD with 50 seconds left against the Jags. Would have been 6 game winning drives for Luck if not for that and a 9-3 record.

What is the object of the game? Is it to win or is it to put up pretty numbers? What dominating part of this Colts team is pulling out all these victories? Is it possible that this very high risk/high reward offense that results in turnovers is also leading to enough big plays that are winning games? Would you say the Colts have a dominant run game? Defense? He's carrying this team right now. Sure, he's making mistakes, it's a boom or bust offense. He's throwing regularly to 4 rookies, and they make a ton of mistakes too. But he's also winning games. When he has to make winning plays late in the game, he is. If he wasn't, this team wouldn't have the record they do. If he's playing so badly, how is this team 8-4?

Awful comparison considering that's a single instance and has little to no effect on the Colts' playoff chances. It's happened to the Redskins four times.

My question is? How many times have Luck and Griffin thrown the ball?

Andrew Luck --- 503 attempts

Robert Griffin --- 325 attempts

Most of Griffin's passes are short on the run dump off passes anyway, so throw out the completion percentage argument. Luck actually has to drop back and read defenses, and not shortcut the whole QB process. Andrew has shown he is mentally tough and physically tough, and very smart. I will take Andrew Luck hands down over ANY small running QB (RG3) ! Just wait until RG3 gets hurt, its just a matter of time ! He's a rib injury waiting to happen.

My question is? How many times have Luck and Griffin thrown the ball?

Andrew Luck --- 503 attempts

Robert Griffin --- 325 attempts

Most of Griffin's passes are short on the run dump off passes anyway, so throw out the completion percentage argument. Luck actually has to drop back and read defenses, and not shortcut the whole QB process. Andrew has shown he is mentally tough and physically tough, and very smart. I will take Andrew Luck hands down over ANY small running QB (RG3) ! Just wait until RG3 gets hurt, its just a matter of time ! He's a rib injury waiting to happen.

*sigh* The fact has already been stated that QBs who aren't criticized for this throw around the same, if not more, short passes than Griffin, i.e Brady, Manny, Matty Ice, and others. Not to mention he leads the league in TD passes over 25 yards.

Both QBs have shown mental and physical toughness and intelligence on the field but what "running QB" have you seen as accurate as Griffin. And no, Steve Young doesn't fall into that category because if you knew the 49ers then, you would know that Steve settled into a pocket passer who only ran when truly necessary.

I believe that he will settle more in the pocket as time goes on, but they honestly have the personnel to successfully run that offense.

3 people like this

Awful comparison considering that's a single instance and has little to no effect on the Colts' playoff chances. It's happened to the Redskins four times.

Oh i see. Tough breaks only count when they happen to the Redskins. Gotcha! What difference does it make if it has an effect on our playoff chances? You couldn't have said that at the time, matter of fact you really can't even say that now. The Colts could still miss the playoffs. Get out of here with your nonsense.

Oh i see. Tough breaks only count when they happen to the Redskins. Gotcha! What difference does it make if it has an effect on our playoff chances? You couldn't have said that at the time, matter of fact you really can't even say that now. The Colts could still miss the playoffs. Get out of here with your nonsense.

This seems to be the Skins fans modus operandi when it comes to anything comparing Luck and RG3. Stats are only accurate when they support RG3, O-line deficiencies only matter when they affect RG3, number of attempts only matter when they don't shed a positive light on RG3. So on and so forth.

2 people like this

What tricks? You mean the majority of Mike Shanahan offense of out pistol formation ? Yes they run the option a few times but it is not the whole offense.. Teams have had 13 weeks of tape on it and they are not close to stopping it. In fact teams around the league are actually starting to implement some of the offesne themselves like the 49ers, Seahawks, Bills, Panthers etc.. Even the Giants have put ELI back in the pistol a few times the past few games...

Lets not talk about facts tho, people don't like when that happens.

Nice screen name. You're here for intelligent, civil discussion on a COLTS forum I am sure.

3 people like this

Take away Reggie Wayne and the Colts offense is less effective. Take away Arian Foster or Andre Johnson and the Texans offense is less effective. What you have just said is about as profound and relevant to the quoted post as proclaiming that the sky is blue.

The difference is that their QB isn't being touted as the savior of the known world because of them.

2 people like this

The Redskins already beat the Giants and should have beaten them the first time, too.

And the Colts should have been 4-8. Just could not resist that one! ;)

This seems to be the Skins fans modus operandi when it comes to anything comparing Luck and RG3. Stats are only accurate when they support RG3, O-line deficiencies only matter when they affect RG3, number of attempts only matter when they don't shed a positive light on RG3. So on and so forth.

Actually, in all fairness, I think he was commenting on perception that QB play is the cause of an 6 - 6 record. The 4 instances that he was talking about was legitimate. Well, I give him 2, the Rams game (stupid penalty) and the Giants game (he was super clutch just to have the effort wasted by the defense giving up a long pass and the Moss fumbling). But it is football and things like that just happen but QB play hasn't been the reason they are sitting at .500.

*objectivity police OUT!*

Actually, in all fairness, I think he was commenting on perception that QB play is the cause of an 6 - 6 record. The 4 instances that he was talking about was legitimate. Well, I give him 2, the Rams game (stupid penalty) and the Giants game (he was super clutch just to have the effort wasted by the defense giving up a long pass and the Moss fumbling). But it is football and things like that just happen but QB play hasn't been the reason they are sitting at .500.

*objectivity police OUT!*

If objectivity is the goal, then that has to be a 2 way street. Skins fans are using stats to say that RG3 is the superior QB, but when stats are used by the Colts fans that show that RG3 isn't the 2nd coming to the almighty himself like the media and so many Skins fans want us to believe, well then those stats are skewed or those stats don't tell the whole story. I've said multiple times now that there are variable's that have to be taken into account behind every stat, but the Skins fans only want to consider those variable's that shed a negative light on RG3 and dismiss the variable's behind some of Luck's mistakes this yr.. You can't have it both ways(and I don't necessarily mean just you). The far reaching efforts Skins fans are taking to convince Colts fans that their guy is better is utterly useless. We feel like we got the better guy and you guys feel like you got the better guy. We'll all find out who is right one of these days.

If objectivity is the goal, then that has to be a 2 way street. Skins fans are using stats to say that RG3 is the superior QB, but when stats are used by the Colts fans that show that RG3 isn't the 2nd coming to the almighty himself like the media and so many Skins fans want us to believe, well then those stats are skewed or those stats don't tell the whole story. I've said multiple times now that there are variable's that have to be taken into account behind every stat, but the Skins fans only want to consider those variable's that shed a negative light on RG3 and dismiss the variable's behind some of Luck's mistakes this yr.. You can't have it both ways(and I don't necessarily mean just you). The far reaching efforts Skins fans are taking to convince Colts fans that their guy is better is utterly useless. We feel like we got the better guy and you guys feel like you got the better guy. We'll all find out who is right one of these days.

But that goes both way. Colts fans and Redskins fans are in fact, doing the same thing. Pre draft, when Luck was considered the second coming of Moses, I bet nobody said a word about it; matter of fact, most probably agrees and was appreciating that he was going to be their draft pick. Now, Griffin is turning out to be the real deal and they are riding the wave of media love.

But that goes both way. Colts fans and Redskins fans are in fact, doing the same thing. Pre draft, when Luck was considered the second coming of Moses, I bet nobody said a word about it; matter of fact, most probably agrees and was appreciating that he was going to be their draft pick. Now, Griffin is turning out to be the real deal and they are riding the wave of media love.

You have to take into consideration where you're posting. This is afterall, a Colts forum. I don't know how or why you would even expect Colts fans to agree that RG3 is the better QB. That just isn't going to happen, no matter how much you try or post links from other media outlets stating RG3's greatness.

1 person likes this

I think Redskins fans are just saying that RG3 has the potential to be the best QB in the league and they are pleasantly surprised by his accuracy. There has been no running QB as accurate as RG3. Thus of he continues his efficiency, he will truly be great because he has a higher ceiling then luck.

And so far he is playing great...

Am I right Skins fans?

1 person likes this

Bill Parcells begs to differ with you-

http://koolkwotes.blogspot.com/2009/09/you-are-what-your-record-says-you-are.html

{Covers ears} :panic: Na Na Na... I can't hear you... :neener: