Greenoughrunner

• Replies 914
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is this thread going to set the record for number or replies? :P

I've not seen the game yet from last night, but sounds like Griffin had a Luck type win. As in didn't play his best, made mistakes ,but still beat out a better team.

If both these QBs make it to the postseason it will be a fantastic achievement for both teams. Would be nice to see the Giants not scrape through as they always seem to do!

I counted 5 pistol formations from behind the line camera shot, could have been more, some plays were shown from the side and since they are also options plays too the plays look just like the College Baylor system he ran and is still running on the Redskins and that has been employed, a stagering 44 option plays were done. 7 more plays were under center and 3 where 3rd and short and 3 were the end of game clock management, and one was a RG3 run swing out change of direction pass Garcon dropped.

Even Pete Carrol of the Seahawks changed his system to the Washington option system after week 3 and look what Wilson has done with that option system...RG3 is still in his college option system and that's why the media considers him a rookie and ROY!

Luck is a 2nd year/sophomore year player, he's a year ahead of RG3 because he "skipped" being a rookie and Luck is the SOY=SOPHOMORE OF THE YEAR!!!!!

Robert Griffin the 3rd is the new Michael Vick the 2nd, he almost got his head taken off "AGAIN", he's not going to last, That would be sad, he's exciting to watch in the college Baylor option plays, that's why he is still playing like a rookie while Luck is more advanced, you know there was "+/- 2" 44 of them option plays in last nights MNF game by Washington Redskins!

Speaking of M.Vick, I'm so happy M.Vick might be done in the NFL, only team to give him a chance maybe when cut is the black hole in Oakland!!!!!

Dog fighting shows he's a thug scum!!!!!

If RG3 does have a nice little dog I bet the name is "college Baylor option plays" :}LOL

"Whistle whistle whistle" then RG3 yells, come here "college Baylor option plays" I got a milk bone for ya, or do you want a pigs ear?

Is this thread going to set the record for number or replies? :P

I've not seen the game yet from last night, but sounds like Griffin had a Luck type win. As in didn't play his best, made mistakes ,but still beat out a better team.

If both these QBs make it to the postseason it will be a fantastic achievement for both teams. Would be nice to see the Giants not scrape through as they always seem to do!

It was the most boring game I have ever watched. Both teams had 30+ rushing attempts, most of them going for short yardage.

It's also worth noting that when RG III got in long yardage situations like 2nd and 20 or 3rd and do, he failed miserably.

RG3 is an amazing qb and athlete. He is in the best system possible for his skill set. He wouldn't succeed in a colts offense and luck probably wouldn't succeed in the skins offense. Two totally diff qbs. But I will say luck had to do more with less considering no run game. Rg3 makes quick safe passes and on occasion takes a deep shot and can make the mid range passes. I've never see. WR running so wide open and that's all because the running threat of rg3. In 3rd in long situations they are one of the worst because the threat of a run isn't as high so rg3 is forced to go through all his reads and make more difficult throws, luck has to do that the whole game.

RG3 is an amazing qb and athlete. He is in the best system possible for his skill set. He wouldn't succeed in a colts offense and luck probably wouldn't succeed in the skins offense. Two totally diff qbs. But I will say luck had to do more with less considering no run game. Rg3 makes quick safe passes and on occasion takes a deep shot and can make the mid range passes. I've never see. WR running so wide open and that's all because the running threat of rg3. In 3rd in long situations they are one of the worst because the threat of a run isn't as high so rg3 is forced to go through all his reads and make more difficult throws, luck has to do that the whole game.

You're right on all points.

Shanahan, to his credit, has shaped an offense around RGIII that works well for most situations....except those 2 & 3rd and longs, in which they are terrible.

What I want to see from the Colts is an O-line and a rushing attack with that level of physicality and effectiveness. If Andrew Luck is given that added dimension of a ground threat, to where we can wear down opposing defenses as a game progresses....and he's less often working out of 3rd and long situations.....he will absolutely dissect opposing teams and they'll have a heck of a time trying to stop it.

The comparison is somewhat rediculous. while he holds a better QBR, he has fewer yards. 17 TD, 4 INT, and 10 Fumbles. Luck is the same minus the interceptions. But RG3 has 8 games under 250, 4 under 200 and 1 under 100 yards. Luck has 8 over 250, 6 over 300 and 1 over 400. With only 4 games under 250 and 1 under 200. RG3 has 218 completions and averaging 8.19 ypa. Luck has 279 but 7.15 ypa. Redskins have the better team on paper, but the Colts have won more games. Their Strength of schedules are comparable though.

LMBO @ this comment. You know the charges that Michael Vick faced were financial in nature. If someone would have paid taxes on the dog fighting, nobody would have known about it.

But back to football, it's funny how everyone is talking about a system that still hasn't been figured out after 13 weeks. While many don't like the read option, it opens up the game more. People may or may not look at football outside of Indianapolis but the Giants have one of the best defensive lines in the NFL and they were pretty ineffective last night. Most defenses fall to it. A lot of people forget that this is college formation with professional complexity. Gruden explained last night how he went through progressions before going to the check down. I mean, honestly, the Pistol formation originated at the college level but I don't see nobody saying anything about Big Ben...lol

I have just never understood the concept of tearing down one to build up another. That's usually a sign of insecurity. Both are great quarterbacks. Sometimes, we can just leave it as that.

I have just never understood the concept of tearing down one to build up another. That's usually a sign of insecurity. Both are great quarterbacks. Sometimes, we can just leave it as that.

I think it has almost gotten to the point where Luck fans want to see RG3 fail and vice versa. I'm seeing a lot of arguments from both sides that are kinda stretching reality and a lot of broad generalizations that just result from being ill-informed - the arm chair QB types. The truth is somewhere in the middle.

I would love to see threads praising both guys without having to trash the other, but we all know that's just not in the nature of a fan base (of any team).

I think it has almost gotten to the point where Luck fans want to see RG3 fail and vice versa. I'm seeing a lot of arguments from both sides that are kinda stretching reality and a lot of broad generalizations that just result from being ill-informed - the arm chair QB types. The truth is somewhere in the middle.

I would love to see threads praising both guys without having to trash the other, but we all know that's just not in the nature of a fan base (of any team).

That's why I lean on objectivity. I can see and appreciate what both bring to the table. Many say that Joe Montana was one of the greatest QBs ever but the WCO (quick short to intermediate throws opening up the long ball) was his bread and butter but now, that is a knock against RG3, although the Redskins are surging into the playoff picture. While criticizing his accuracy and turnovers, we fail to see that Luck did what Manning couldn't do his rookie year. Both have exceeded expectation and all of the rookie starting QBs. Russell Wilson is playing lights out and made a lot of analyst eat crow, leading the Seahawks to the playoff and a chance to win the NFC West. Brandon Weeden (and Trent Richardson) are revitalizing a Brown's team and his stats are impressive considering his targets (and drops). Ryan Tannehill put to rest all doubts that he wouldn't be able to compete on the big stage despite his limited college experience. I'm thoroughly impress with this rookie class, and if most would take off the shades of objectivity, they would be too.

That's why I lean on objectivity. I can see and appreciate what both bring to the table. Many say that Joe Montana was one of the greatest QBs ever but the WCO (quick short to intermediate throws opening up the long ball) was his bread and butter but now, that is a knock against RG3, although the Redskins are surging into the playoff picture. While criticizing his accuracy and turnovers, we fail to see that Luck did what Manning couldn't do his rookie year. Both have exceeded expectation and all of the rookie starting QBs. Russell Wilson is playing lights out and made a lot of analyst eat crow, leading the Seahawks to the playoff and a chance to win the NFC West. Brandon Weeden (and Trent Richardson) are revitalizing a Brown's team and his stats are impressive considering his targets (and drops). Ryan Tannehill put to rest all doubts that he wouldn't be able to compete on the big stage despite his limited college experience. I'm thoroughly impress with this rookie class, and if most would take off the shades of objectivity, they would be too.

yup - I've watched a lot of Tannehil, Weedon, and Wilson too. Wilson is finally starting to get some recognition the last few weeks, but the kid has been solid from the start. Tannehil I thought was drafted a little high, but he has surpassed my expectations, as has Griffin. Luck has pretty much been as advertised, which is to say he's the most polished and advanced as a prototypical NFL pocket passer. I'm not totally convinced that Weedon is the best fit for a west coast offense, but he's been showing improvement - and that's good for Cleveland. I would like to see them turn it around, but as anyone who has ever been a fan of losing teams knows, its usually a long process to change an entire culture. While I don't think this class rivals the 83 class at all, its going to be solid. I'd compare it closer to the 2004 draft class, but with a higher ceiling.

I like Luck but from what I can see, RG3 is the more accurate passer, he runs faster and is more elusive.

They're both good but I don't see how anybody assessing the QB's objectively can say that Luck does anything better than RG3. Seems like RG3 has the potential to be the best QB in the league. Luck seems to be RG3 lite.

But both are good.

Edited by Nadine
inflammatory

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, December 4, 2012 - quoting edited post
Hidden by Nadine, December 4, 2012 - quoting edited post

Tsarquise quote: Luck was predicted to be so much better than RG3 is because of skin color

Another race quote, guess the media likes RG3 because of his skin color

And of course that mean RG3 was oppressed and deserves to be hyped and get the ROY to even things out?????

Another Tsarquise quote: I like Luck but from what I can see, RG3 is the more accurate passer

All the great throws Luck made Sunday were ALL LUCKY?????<Pun intended!!!!!

Oh yea! your anointed one was 13-21, boy that's accurate!!!!!

Can only guess if RGIII was asked to pass as much as Luck has been,

if he would make as many Bad decisions and throw as many inaccurate passes as Andrew has.

But I would GUESS that RG would have done better thanks mostly to his Big Time arm.

Actually, that wouldn't be an issue. If you go back to their last year in college, Andrew Luck threw 404 times and Robert Griffin threw 402 times. I saw both play in college and I remember people on here tearing into Merrill Hodge when he was comparing the 2 from college but he was right on the money. In college, Griffin made less bad decisions throwing the ball. I don't think he would have been as inaccurate as Luck because he can throw better on the run and he torches the defense in blitz situations. But at the end of the day, they are playing according to their teams system and us as fans can't change that.

I am a skins fan. Yes we are ecstatic over what is going on here in Washington DC and RG3. But there is a unanimous consensus around here that if we were to go over the draft again and if Skins had a choice to pick between Luck and RG3, it is Luck that we will choose. But we never had that choice. We tried to get the next best player after Luck.

If you listen to the talk shows here, though we are excited, we are also very nervous. Nobody knows how long this college style can last. We watch in horror everytime he gets hit. Our hope is that he transforms into a typical NFL QB.

One thing i will say in his defense. Right now it is a one man show. He is making things happen and making everyone else look goodd because of what he does. Morris is a great RB, but the running game is succesful because of RG3.

Can he become a better NFL ready QB like Luck? who knows? But the hope is there because he has a great character, humble, hard working and willing to learn (unlike Newton or Vick).

Luck is great and will be only greater. If RG3 is even 75% of what Luck will become, it is a worth the price skins paid to draft him.

Only time can tell.

I think one of the reason Luck was predicted to be so much better than RG3 is because of skin color and that Lucks dad also played in the NFL thus he was comparable to Manning.

you are nothing short of discusting!

Robert Griffin the 3rd is the new Michael Vick the 2nd, he almost got his head taken off "AGAIN", he's not going to last, That would be sad, he's exciting to watch in the college Baylor option plays, that's why he is still playing like a rookie while Luck is more advanced, you know there was "+/- 2" 44 of them option plays in last nights MNF game by Washington Redskins!

Speaking of M.Vick, I'm so happy M.Vick might be done in the NFL, only team to give him a chance maybe when cut is the black hole in Oakland!!!!!

If RG3 does have a nice little dog I bet the name is "college Baylor option plays" :}LOL

"Whistle whistle whistle" then RG3 yells, come here "college Baylor option plays" I got a milk bone for ya, or do you want a pigs ear?

This post is full of so much fail.

They're both good but I don't see how anybody assessing the QB's objectively can say that Luck does anything better than RG3. Seems like RG3 has the potential to be the best QB in the league. Luck seems to be RG3 lite.

% of passing 1st downs, 3rd & 8+

Andrew Luck - 42.4% (28/66)

RG3 - 7.3% (3/41)

http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/leaders.asp?range=NFL&type=&rank=047&year=

Skinsfan_68 quote:

I am a skins fan. Yes we are ecstatic over what is going on here in Washington DC and RG3. But there is a unanimous consensus around here that if we were to go over the draft again and if Skins had a choice to pick between Luck and RG3, it is Luck that we will choose. But we never had that choice. We tried to get the next best player after Luck.

If you listen to the talk shows here, though we are excited, we are also very nervous. Nobody knows how long this college style can last. We watch in horror every time he gets hit. Our hope is that he transforms into a typical NFL QB.

One thing i will say in his defense. Right now it is a one man show. He is making things happen and making everyone else look Good because of what he does. Morris is a great RB, but the running game is successful because of RG3.

Can he become a better NFL ready QB like Luck? who knows? But the hope is there because he has a great character, humble, hard working and willing to learn (unlike Newton or Vick).

Luck is great and will be only greater. If RG3 is even 75% of what Luck will become, it is a worth the price skins paid to draft him.

Only time can tell.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally a smart Redskins fan that knows the fact about the situation and said it, now will the other other Redskins fans who are annoying and obnoxious and just learn the wisdom from this guy "skinsfan_68" another Redskins fan.

I doubt it!!!!!

I like Luck but from what I can see, RG3 is the more accurate passer, he runs faster and is more elusive.

You are so wrong that I don't even need to assess it with a follow up, the wrongness speaks for itself.

I think one of the reason Luck was predicted to be so much better than RG3 is because of skin color and that Lucks dad also played in the NFL thus he was comparable to Manning.

But both are good.

Bahahahaahahah except lucks dad was a dreadful pro qb

Actually, that wouldn't be an issue. If you go back to their last year in college, Andrew Luck threw 404 times and Robert Griffin threw 402 times. I saw both play in college and I remember people on here tearing into Merrill Hodge when he was comparing the 2 from college but he was right on the money. In college, Griffin made less bad decisions throwing the ball. I don't think he would have been as inaccurate as Luck because he can throw better on the run and he torches the defense in blitz situations. But at the end of the day, they are playing according to their teams system and us as fans can't change that.

I don't think he can throw better on the run. I'd like to see your evidence to support that.

I thing I wanna bring up everyone thought Cam's season couldn't be topped. It's crazy to me that RG3 just broke his rookie rushing record and Andrew Luck is looking like he's gonna break his passing yds. record. This QB class as a whole is incredible.

Yep, both are breaking Cams records lol. That's great.

If you listen to the talk shows here, though we are excited, we are also very nervous. Nobody knows how long this college style can last. We watch in horror everytime he gets hit. Our hope is that he transforms into a typical NFL QB.

One thing i will say in his defense. Right now it is a one man show. He is making things happen and making everyone else look goodd because of what he does. Morris is a great RB, but the running game is succesful because of RG3.

Only time can tell.

Good post from a Skins Fan. :thmup:

I like Luck but from what I can see, RG3 is the more accurate passer...

I disagree with this. Luck is constantly making throws while running for his life because our offensive line is fairly bad. You're not going to be very accurate under those circumstances. Hopefully the O-line will be addressed this off-season and once we get that solidified, I believe Luck's accuracy will get a lot better, and subsequently, so will his numbers, which are already pretty good all things considered.

I have no desire to see RGIII fail, or for the Redskins to fail behind him.

And the Luck/Griffin comparison is actually pretty pointless if we keep in mind that this is a 53-man team sport and they'll face each other probably only once every 4 years according to the NFL's usual schedule rotation. So there isn't even a true on-field rivalry there unless a Super Bowl match-up happens down the road.

But for the purposes of this comparison so far, all I can do is theorize how they'd do if we flip-flopped their situations....and my conclusion, with the VERY short body of NFL work these two rookie QBs have is that with the Redskins rushing attack and the deftness with which Luck employed that tool at Stanford....he'd be just fine and the Skins would be equally, at the very least, optimistic about their future.

But when I put RGIII behind the Colts current offensive line, with the Colts current inability to maintain any credible rushing attack....I'm sure that while we'd be dazzled with some remarkably athletic and intelligent plays, I honestly would be fearing for the kid's health even more than I already do in his role with Washington.

And THAT is one primary reason I'm glad we took Luck and not RGIII.

But I hope they both have long successful careers....they're both good kids.

Oh, the good ol American public, eh? Kick a man down even when he has shown he has reformed and changed his ways. I'm pretty sure there is someone you know that isn't the cleanest spoon in the kitchen. Get over it. He did the crime, he did the time, and now he is making up for it by doing whatever he can.

Well, I watched the game last night with as much objectivity as possible and to be completely honest, I see a freakishly good running QB that plays an obvious college style option offense. Once again, most of his throws were of the very short variety and several were even laterals. I seen a QB that greatly benefits from an awesome running game.

I'm still completely sold on that Luck is the better all around QB and RG3 done nothing to change my mind. His offense is absurdly simple. Once again, that is not his fault and he does a remarkable job at running that style of offense, but it will not work for long. It never has in the pro's and it never will. Defenses will figure out a way to game plan for that offense and he'll either have to adjust or he'll become a wildcat specialty QB.

I'm seriously not trying to knock RG3 down. I honestly believe he has much better skills than Newton, Vick, Tebow, and Vince Young put together, but he will without doubt, have to change his style of play as defenses adjust. Also, I keep hearing how great his accuracy is, but I have watched several of his games now and accuracy does not seem that much better than quite a few other QB's in the league, especially once he throws the ball over 15 or 20 yds. and, No, I do not hate RG3, and I'll admit that I am biased towards Luck, but if I truly seen something in RG3 that told me that he was as great as many have said he is, I could admit it, but I just don't. I see a very good rookie QB that has great potential, but with the style of offense he has to run, it's going to be hard for him to not have to adjust his game.

Only time can tell.

very nice post . .. I am both a fan of the Pats and the Skins, and been a fan of the later since the over the hill gang in the early 1970s . . .

Personally, I would of taken Luck over Griffin, but I am not so sure that I would say that RGIII is less than 75% of Luck, I think there are both just as deadly in their offenses as the other, with Luck being in the more traditional role of a QB . . .

It would be nice to see a running QB do well in the NFL, who knows maybe RGIII can kraft a new type of QB in the NFL, a hybrid running/pocket QB . . . it would be nice as I am sure there are a lot of young players that might aspire to be that type of QB, but they are shuffled out of the QB spot and say put at WR or something . . .

As is stand now I like both of them and they are doing equally well, I am not yet going to say one is over the other by too much of a margin . . .

I'm just going to stop voicing any criticism of Luck... a lot of fans just can't take it.

A lot of people come off as so condescending.

You would think Luck has won multiple Super Bowls the way people are passionate about him. But whatever. Don't get it.

Anyways they are both good.

I'm just going to stop voicing any criticism of Luck... a lot of fans just can't take it.

A lot of people come off as so condescending.

You would think Luck has won multiple Super Bowls the way people are passionate about him. But whatever. Don't get it.

Anyways they are both good.

......And the hyperbole for RG3 isn't just as bad or worse?