Photo

Trade up for Star

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
16 replies to this topic

#1 Playoffs2013

Playoffs2013
  • 775 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:06 PM

Should we and do we have the means to trade up for Star loutelie (I have no desire to find how to spell his last name). Clearly the best DE/NT in the draft. He could be our Ngata. What would it cost? Should we do it?
Sign Avril over Kruger

Game Rewind: Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind. Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind.

#2 chad72

chad72
  • 9282 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:19 PM

Nope. If we had more than 7 picks, we could give it a thought.

In this passing league, unless a NT has major pass rush moves, I would go DB or pass rusher in the first round. Just my two cents. :)

#3 Boiler_Colt

Boiler_Colt
  • 1177 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:51 PM

We're not just one player away from SB contenders yet, we have several glaring holes. Even if we had the ammunition to do so, I would be against it.

#4 NewColtsFan

NewColtsFan
  • 8216 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 02:41 AM

No, on every level you can think of.... and I'm a fan of Star...

First, we don't have the resources or the means...

Second, even if we did, you don't want to trade up for a position like NT when you have so many other pressing needs on the team. And we have lots and lots of needs.

Third, Star is great against the run, but not great at rushing the QB. You don't want to trade up to get someone great against the run and OK at rushing the passer. Not in today's pass-happy NFL. It's a waste.

Fourth, NT is a position where the player is getting beat up all the time.... dangerous to waste a high pick on him.

Fifth.... a team like the Ravens could do it, because (A) Hloti Ngata can play multiple positions on the line, but, more importantly (B) they didn't have nearly as many needs as the Colts do.... they could afford a 'luxury' type pick. We can't.

Hope that lays out my reasons well enough....

#5 weslo1812

weslo1812
  • 884 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:49 AM

New Colts fan just to the fact about star rushing the passer. He most certianly pressures Qbs and collapes the pocket alot. I dont know what you have been seeing. But he cetianly puts pressure on the QB. Hes off the line a half second before anyone else. But we dont need to trade up for him we need alot more than just him to sacrifice all the pics wed have to give. I agree with ya there.
"What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us"? NIV

#6 funktacious2

funktacious2
  • 1798 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:28 AM

Should we and do we have the means to trade up for Star loutelie (I have no desire to find how to spell his last name). Clearly the best DE/NT in the draft. He could be our Ngata. What would it cost? Should we do it?

No not worth anything we'd have to give up for it. Most pundits are putting the D-line as the deepest position in the upcoming draft meaning late 1st round-early 2nd round guys may very well be anchoring defenses for years to come. We can give up nothing and still pick up a franchise DT or DE with a high ceiling. Either way, this team has enough needs that it would be very hard to not find a big upgrade wherever we pick. :P There's almost certainly going to be a talented DT, DE, OG, S, OLB, there.

#7 gbrads_rants

gbrads_rants
  • 570 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:41 AM

This is a very deep draft defensively...if anything we should be brokering more picks. I wouldnt be completely shocked if we traded away our first round pick to be honest

#8 Playoffs2013

Playoffs2013
  • 775 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 01:03 PM

No, on every level you can think of.... and I'm a fan of Star...

First, we don't have the resources or the means...

Second, even if we did, you don't want to trade up for a position like NT when you have so many other pressing needs on the team. And we have lots and lots of needs.

Third, Star is great against the run, but not great at rushing the QB. You don't want to trade up to get someone great against the run and OK at rushing the passer. Not in today's pass-happy NFL. It's a waste.

Fourth, NT is a position where the player is getting beat up all the time.... dangerous to waste a high pick on him.

Fifth.... a team like the Ravens could do it, because (A) Hloti Ngata can play multiple positions on the line, but, more importantly (B) they didn't have nearly as many needs as the Colts do.... they could afford a 'luxury' type pick. We can't.

Hope that lays out my reasons well enough....

he would be a DE not a NT and he has 5 sacks
Sign Avril over Kruger

#9 coltsrule91

coltsrule91
  • 8433 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 01:25 PM

safety, eric reid

its not T.Y its T.watttttttttt WHAT DID T JUST DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#10 Playoffs2013

Playoffs2013
  • 775 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 01:52 PM

Star

http://m.youtube.com...h?v=co-NvKnZzvw
Sign Avril over Kruger

#11 Gavin

Gavin
  • 17937 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 02:48 PM

Star

http://m.youtube.com...h?v=co-NvKnZzvw

Star has provided much better pass rush compared to his previous years at Utah, Im sure he would be a DE in our 3-4 and that he could do it but Im also sure that Fili Moala can do it as well, We certainly do need another 3-4 DE I am just not sure we need to give up on Moala because he has done pretty decent this year for playing in this 3-4 for the first time Im thinking draft Margus Hunt at 3-4 DE in the middle rounds and let him compete with Moala and see what happens. We have other huge needs right now in my opinion that can be addressed first such as OLB, Tackle and if Castonzo's multiple awards worthy talent at LT dont show up soon then we will need to move him to RT and draft or franchise LT, Guard, Corner, Safety and I am going to even throw Center in there now

#12 NewColtsFan

NewColtsFan
  • 8216 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 02:59 PM

he would be a DE not a NT and he has 5 sacks

Star can play anywhere along the line.... but he's most effective in the middle... so, a NT in a 3-4, or a DT in a 4-3.

Could he play DE? Yes.... but I don't think it's his best position... And again, I'm a big fan...

Just my two cents....

#13 JoKeR

JoKeR

And here...we.. GO...

• 6750 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 04:14 PM

We don't have the picks IMO to do much trading up.

#14 DarkHorseColts

DarkHorseColts
  • 334 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 04:24 PM

We don't have the picks IMO to do much trading up.

Agree.
I see trading down as more likely, if the situation presents itself... depending on who is available at the Colts' pick.

#15 Palo Alto To Indy

Palo Alto To Indy
  • Banned
  • 111 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:07 PM

A better decision would probably would be trading down, and picking up some later picks

#16 GrizzColt

GrizzColt
  • 1088 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 09:33 PM

Trade down.

#17 UKColt13

UKColt13
  • 927 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 05:40 PM

He is easily top ten maybe even top 5, and we are gunna end up picking at around 20-23. Unless we we give up like 9 first round picks, we ain't getting anywhere near him.
Twitter: @AidenRudd

COLTS TICKETS!

Single Game Tickets Available!

BUY THEM TODAY!
Join the Stampede!

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      30 Sep
    Skelly

I thought I'd stop in to say I have nothing to say. Enjoy your day or night.

Show comments (1)
  • Photo
      30 Sep
    Jules

I really want to see "Gone Girl". I read the book a while ago and it was excellent. The movie does not look too bad but I am sure it is a bit different then the book.

Show comments (14)
View All Updates