•  

Photo

Power rankings

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
16 replies to this topic

#1 subvet

subvet

Stand by....

• 1158 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:32 PM

Just read the week 13 ranking and the Colts are at #10--right behind Green Bay....and here I thought they beat Green Bay earlier this year.

Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway-John Wayne

gallery_3_63_39724.jpg

Game Rewind: Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind.

#2 buccolts

buccolts
  • 1963 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:02 PM

Just read the week 13 ranking and the Colts are at #10--right behind Green Bay....and here I thought they beat Green Bay earlier this year.

Hmm, what does that say for the rest of the league?

I mean, we've been playing well, but have also been inconsistent, especially on the road. I guess I just don't feel like we're a #10 team yet. Then again, if I don't feel that way now, and we end up where we think we're headed (SB contender), wow. Just WOW.

We can certainly solidify this with upcoming road wins, but, boy, with everything new, and the inconsistency, what a mediocre year for the league on the whole.
What you've just said is one of the most insanely *ic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this thread is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

#3 buccolts

buccolts
  • 1963 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:08 PM

Oh, I now see that Olsen is returning to practice this week.
That'd explain it.
What you've just said is one of the most insanely *ic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this thread is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

#4 alexpr

alexpr
  • 143 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:54 PM

I think green bay is a better team, it just happened that we beat them.

Or you think that the jets and jaguars should be ahead of us in the power rankings??

#5 Superman

Superman
  • Forum Moderator
  • 13036 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:00 PM

I think green bay is a better team, it just happened that we beat them.

Or you think that the jets and jaguars should be ahead of us in the power rankings??

We have the same record as Green Bay. And they just got stomped.

Green Bay is better than us, though. And I don't care about power rankings, but I get how someone would wonder why they're one step ahead of us.
LET'S HUNT

#6 Malakai432

Malakai432
  • 6335 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:19 PM

That's incredible....

Vontae Davis is what happens when an unstoppable force meets and immovable object, then they have a kid! 

Dancing Monkey BAM!  :monkeydance: 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~The Bandit strikes again~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#7 -JJ-

-JJ-
  • Forum Moderator
  • 2589 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:27 PM

Is that a sexist comment I detect?

I hear the sound of Jules with her axe. Look out:)

#8 bayone

bayone

bayone

• 7005 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:28 PM

lets face it , this is 1 strange year , u have good , u have bad , u have this quasi whatever they are midle

any weekend we can see a top team like texans almost lose 2 in a row in OT to Jaxsonville then should of but that crazy Lion challenge call saved the game , so any week any team can win and any given Sunday & this year it is really true

We beat packers and the next week they totally destroyed texans , Just one crazy year , rankings are a list for us all to look at and discuss but this year above all else u cant really use as game predictors
Forgive any typos, try to catch, but have multiple progressive disabilities

#9 Carlos Danger

Carlos Danger
  • 1133 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:54 PM

lets face it , this is 1 strange year , u have good , u have bad , u have this quasi whatever they are midle

any weekend we can see a top team like texans almost lose 2 in a row in OT to Jaxsonville then should of but that crazy Lion challenge call saved the game , so any week any team can win and any given Sunday & this year it is really true

We beat packers and the next week they totally destroyed texans , Just one crazy year , rankings are a list for us all to look at and discuss but this year above all else u cant really use as game predictors

This is a testament to the NFL's ability to keep the league competitive, despite the size of the markets. There are no "Yankees" in the NFL, no Miami Heat... This is a league where you can't buy rings... the union supporter in me doesn't like it, but the sports fan loves it..

#10 bayone

bayone

bayone

• 7005 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 05:09 PM

This is a testament to the NFL's ability to keep the league competitive, despite the size of the markets. There are no "Yankees" in the NFL, no Miami Heat... This is a league where you can't buy rings... the union supporter in me doesn't like it, but the sports fan loves it..

Thank God for that, even the officials or booth review cant mess that up
Forgive any typos, try to catch, but have multiple progressive disabilities

#11 bavanlan

bavanlan
  • 1819 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 05:19 PM

....and here I thought they beat Green Bay earlier this year.

Just out of curiosity, who would you rank #1?

Haters Gonna Hate.

gallery_46_8_186.jpg

If [our] O-Line was a poker hand, I'd draw three. - Smonroe (9/26/12)

#12 JoKeR

JoKeR

And here...we.. GO...

• 6583 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 05:25 PM

Hmm, what does that say for the rest of the league?

I mean, we've been playing well, but have also been inconsistent, especially on the road. I guess I just don't feel like we're a #10 team yet. Then again, if I don't feel that way now, and we end up where we think we're headed (SB contender), wow. Just WOW.

We can certainly solidify this with upcoming road wins, but, boy, with everything new, and the inconsistency, what a mediocre year for the league on the whole.

It's not Mediocrity, it's parity.

#13 -JJ-

-JJ-
  • Forum Moderator
  • 2589 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 05:43 PM

NE?

Nice to see ya around oldtimer. Or I should say young oldtimer ;)

#14 subvet

subvet

Stand by....

• 1158 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 01:43 AM

My only issue was my question, the rest of the list is fine after all it's all just opinion anyway.

Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway-John Wayne

gallery_3_63_39724.jpg

#15 funktacious2

funktacious2
  • 1768 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 04:55 AM

10 seems a bit high. Many great teams in the NFC will miss the playoffs just because there is so much talent in that conference. And also, despite how proud I am of the progress of this team, we are very inconsistent and can't win games on the road against tough opponents. However when I look at the teams below us I don't feel comfortable saying any of those teams are definitely better. Some match up well against us.

regardless... Wow 10th. Each week it's a new surprise with this team. 5-11 I said. Psh!

#16 schwamm

schwamm

BRING IT!

• 2047 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:47 AM

Nice work, introducing Socratic Method to a fan forum.

Let's see... The answer ought to be Houston, at which point it can be pointed out that GB beat them. So if the Colts beating GB is reason to be ranked higher, the Colts should be #1!!!

The logic may be faulty, but I like it anyway.

OK... To be a little more serious, head to head matchups may help determine seeding at seasons end, but have no place in a discussion about power rankings. If you ask yourself, honestly, to pick the team you think is better of the 2, I would think most rational fans would think GB would win, most of the time, on a neutral field, if such a game was played today.

I'm very excited about what these Colts have done this year, and am a huge believer in where the team is headed, but its still very young and mistake prone (especially on the road). If it was up to me, I'd just enjoy the ride, and stop worrying about power rankings, until (maybe) next year.

I am forever grateful for all the great players I've been fortunate enough to watch play the game with horseshoes on their helmets,

and I'm eagerly anticipating the opportunity to see which new Colts become the stars and fan favorites of tomorrow.

#17 oldunclemark

oldunclemark
  • 12929 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 02:55 PM

10 seems a bit high. Many great teams in the NFC will miss the playoffs just because there is so much talent in that conference. And also, despite how proud I am of the progress of this team, we are very inconsistent and can't win games on the road against tough opponents. However when I look at the teams below us I don't feel comfortable saying any of those teams are definitely better. Some match up well against us.

regardless... Wow 10th. Each week it's a new surprise with this team. 5-11 I said. Psh!

10 is very high....We're about 15-16...we've benefitted from a soft schedule so far..but that changes next month

COLTS TICKETS!

Join the Season Ticket Wait List!

Game Rewind: Indianapolis Colts

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      15 Apr
    shecolt

I don't know how many roundabouts there are in Carmel, but I think I went through at least 20 of them today . . . which brought back memories of how hard it was for me to enter jump roping without tripping or being whacked in the head.

• Photo
      15 Apr
    Gramz

My new Motto.... Keep it Positive, or keep it to Yourself.

Show comments (1)
  • Photo
      15 Apr
    Jules

"Morning has broken, like the first morning....Blackbird has spoken, like the first bird....."

Show comments (5)
View All Updates