Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

subvet

Power rankings

19 posts in this topic

Just read the week 13 ranking and the Colts are at #10--right behind Green Bay....and here I thought they beat Green Bay earlier this year.

Just read the week 13 ranking and the Colts are at #10--right behind Green Bay....and here I thought they beat Green Bay earlier this year.

Hmm, what does that say for the rest of the league?

I mean, we've been playing well, but have also been inconsistent, especially on the road. I guess I just don't feel like we're a #10 team yet. Then again, if I don't feel that way now, and we end up where we think we're headed (SB contender), wow. Just WOW.

We can certainly solidify this with upcoming road wins, but, boy, with everything new, and the inconsistency, what a mediocre year for the league on the whole.

1 person likes this

Oh, I now see that Olsen is returning to practice this week.

That'd explain it.

1 person likes this

I think green bay is a better team, it just happened that we beat them.

Or you think that the jets and jaguars should be ahead of us in the power rankings??

I think green bay is a better team, it just happened that we beat them.

Or you think that the jets and jaguars should be ahead of us in the power rankings??

We have the same record as Green Bay. And they just got stomped.

Green Bay is better than us, though. And I don't care about power rankings, but I get how someone would wonder why they're one step ahead of us.

1 person likes this

Posted · Hidden by Warhorse, November 29, 2012 - Personal shot

I get how a woman who doesn`t follow football might wonder why GB is ahead of us.

Posted · Hidden by Warhorse, November 29, 2012 - qouted personal shot

I get how a woman who doesn`t follow football might wonder why GB is ahead of us.

Is that a sexist comment I detect?

That's incredible....

Is that a sexist comment I detect?

I hear the sound of Jules with her axe. Look out:)

1 person likes this

lets face it , this is 1 strange year , u have good , u have bad , u have this quasi whatever they are midle

any weekend we can see a top team like texans almost lose 2 in a row in OT to Jaxsonville then should of but that crazy Lion challenge call saved the game , so any week any team can win and any given Sunday & this year it is really true

We beat packers and the next week they totally destroyed texans , Just one crazy year , rankings are a list for us all to look at and discuss but this year above all else u cant really use as game predictors

1 person likes this

lets face it , this is 1 strange year , u have good , u have bad , u have this quasi whatever they are midle

any weekend we can see a top team like texans almost lose 2 in a row in OT to Jaxsonville then should of but that crazy Lion challenge call saved the game , so any week any team can win and any given Sunday & this year it is really true

We beat packers and the next week they totally destroyed texans , Just one crazy year , rankings are a list for us all to look at and discuss but this year above all else u cant really use as game predictors

This is a testament to the NFL's ability to keep the league competitive, despite the size of the markets. There are no "Yankees" in the NFL, no Miami Heat... This is a league where you can't buy rings... the union supporter in me doesn't like it, but the sports fan loves it..

1 person likes this

This is a testament to the NFL's ability to keep the league competitive, despite the size of the markets. There are no "Yankees" in the NFL, no Miami Heat... This is a league where you can't buy rings... the union supporter in me doesn't like it, but the sports fan loves it..

Thank God for that, even the officials or booth review cant mess that up

....and here I thought they beat Green Bay earlier this year.

Just out of curiosity, who would you rank #1?

Hmm, what does that say for the rest of the league?

I mean, we've been playing well, but have also been inconsistent, especially on the road. I guess I just don't feel like we're a #10 team yet. Then again, if I don't feel that way now, and we end up where we think we're headed (SB contender), wow. Just WOW.

We can certainly solidify this with upcoming road wins, but, boy, with everything new, and the inconsistency, what a mediocre year for the league on the whole.

It's not Mediocrity, it's parity.

NE?

Nice to see ya around oldtimer. Or I should say young oldtimer ;)

My only issue was my question, the rest of the list is fine after all it's all just opinion anyway.

10 seems a bit high. Many great teams in the NFC will miss the playoffs just because there is so much talent in that conference. And also, despite how proud I am of the progress of this team, we are very inconsistent and can't win games on the road against tough opponents. However when I look at the teams below us I don't feel comfortable saying any of those teams are definitely better. Some match up well against us.

regardless... Wow 10th. Each week it's a new surprise with this team. 5-11 I said. Psh!

Nice work, introducing Socratic Method to a fan forum.

Let's see... The answer ought to be Houston, at which point it can be pointed out that GB beat them. So if the Colts beating GB is reason to be ranked higher, the Colts should be #1!!!

The logic may be faulty, but I like it anyway.

OK... To be a little more serious, head to head matchups may help determine seeding at seasons end, but have no place in a discussion about power rankings. If you ask yourself, honestly, to pick the team you think is better of the 2, I would think most rational fans would think GB would win, most of the time, on a neutral field, if such a game was played today.

I'm very excited about what these Colts have done this year, and am a huge believer in where the team is headed, but its still very young and mistake prone (especially on the road). If it was up to me, I'd just enjoy the ride, and stop worrying about power rankings, until (maybe) next year.

10 seems a bit high. Many great teams in the NFC will miss the playoffs just because there is so much talent in that conference. And also, despite how proud I am of the progress of this team, we are very inconsistent and can't win games on the road against tough opponents. However when I look at the teams below us I don't feel comfortable saying any of those teams are definitely better. Some match up well against us.

regardless... Wow 10th. Each week it's a new surprise with this team. 5-11 I said. Psh!

10 is very high....We're about 15-16...we've benefitted from a soft schedule so far..but that changes next month