Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Which Team Winning A Super Bowl In Indy Would Be The Biggest Nightmare Possible

Blue Horseshoe

I think it would be fitting for the Chargers to win the Super Bowl in Indy.

Seriously, where a team wins a Super Bowl doesn't matter. Our divisional rivals, Broncos won the Super Bowl is San Diego, and it wasn't a big deal. The World Champs are the World Champs-- it doesn't matter if they win in your city, or Timbuktu.

I think it would be fitting for the Chargers to win the Super Bowl in Indy.

Seriously, where a team wins a Super Bowl doesn't matter. Our divisional rivals, Broncos won the Super Bowl is San Diego, and it wasn't a big deal. The World Champs are the World Champs-- it doesn't matter if they win in your city, or Timbuktu.

Obviously, as a Colt's fan, I would like the Colts to win the SB in Indy. But, if the Chargers won; it wouldn't be my worst nightmare.

I picked the Patriots and Steelers because they have already won too many SBs in the past 10 or so years for my liking. I believe in sharing the wealth. Unless, of course, we were talking about the Colts. The Colts could win every SB from now until Timbuktu and I would be happy. Yeah, I know, double standard. What can I say?

Picking the Saints was just a bit of sour grapes on my part because of the media and some Saint's trolls telling us that they deserved to win the SB because of Katrina.

I also picked the Cowboys because I just don't like them. I don't like Jerry Jones. And, I am sick and tired, tired and sick of hearing "America's team".

New England vs NO Saints in the SB. Patriots win. Too bad, they won't... at least not without outside linebackers and a secondary, not to mention their aging line.That's right Pats fans I went there.

The Patriots' CBs are vastly superior to the Colts, so I have no idea why you're bringing this up. McCourty will be a top 3 CB. Bodden was on IR last year, but is thought to be an outstanding #2, and Ras-I Dowling should prove to be a solid nickle; Arrington/Butler will be serviceable back-ups.

Chung is a very good safety; yes, there are questions about who will be starting as Merriweather's replacement, but here's the thing: Merriweather is not suited to the Patriots' new defensive schemes, which requires discipline and closely adhering to the scheme. Merriweather was a free-styler who will BOMB in Chicago.

Outside LBs? You mean besides Jerrod Mayo, a guy who's lead the NFL in tackles two out of his three seasons? lol

The other LBs, from Guyton to Ninkovich, etc., are very solid LBs.

Aging line? Which one? If you paid any attention at all, you'd know that the Patriots brought in Haynesworth (who's not old), they have Wilfork (who's not old), and will rotate guys such as Ellis, Carter, etc.

Gotta love the usual, incorrect claims, though.

Even I raised an eyebow on Andy's aging comment. The defense wasn't experienced enough the last two years because it was so young. I guess by aging he means they're not in their first year. So it would seem.

Anyway I can't imagine why it'd matter which team played in the SB. It's just a city, not a vs the colts.

I don't see how it's anyone but The Patriots with Tom Brady hoisting up the Lombardi in your house.

that two te set offense the pats run is simplict. you get constant pressure and that offense crumples course given the time to execute that offense it can rip you to shreads

It always hurts when our season ends prematurely. I mope around the house and randomly bang my head against different walls. Haven't found one yet that makes me feel better when I give it a head butt.

IMO the last team I want to see win a superbowl in Indy is the Patriots. As long as Brady is under center and Belichick is pacing the sideline with the trademark hoody, I will chear for anyone who plays them. Period.

Someone can't despise him because he electrocuted, drowned, and murdered dogs?

Are you KIDDING me?!

Agreed. I absolutely despise Michael Vick. My dog is actually laying a few feet from me, and the thought of him doing those cruel things to dogs disgusts me.

And us as fans have more legit reason to hate Vick. Why do we hate Brady/Rivers/Brees? Because they beat our team, it's part of the game. Vick is a crook and a murderer, and he can win 10 super bowls and 10 MVPs, I hate him.

Someone can't despise him because he electrocuted, drowned, and murdered dogs?

Are you KIDDING me?!

Don't be so dayum judgmental and try giving someone a second chance to correct their life. People like you really show their ignorance. I don't agree with what he done but I'll never judge anyone that has tried so very hard to redeem themselves. Even coach Dungy, who is truly an inspirational man, forgave him and helped him get back on his feet because that is the right thing to do!!!

Normally I would agree but Vick made a statement last year that he didn't really see anything wrong with what he had done, "it is what poor people do".

I feel sorry for him that this is the type of enviroment he was brought up in, but it doesn't seem to me that he has become much of a changed man through all that he has been through and the type of support he has been given. (Sorry I don't have a link to the statement.)

It is a depth of cruelty I am so glad I have not had to be around.

I see your point Coltssouth but todays society is so quick to turn their backs on criminals that have served their time and have tried to lead the right life. I never saw the interview you are talking about but if he said that then Dungy or somebody needs to step back in to his life and continue to help him.

I see your point Coltssouth but todays society is so quick to turn their backs on criminals that have served their time and have tried to lead the right life. I never saw the interview you are talking about but if he said that then Dungy or somebody needs to step back in to his life and continue to help him.

Very true.

I ran a search and all I could find was link to another forum reporting it and of course that is not allowed, but I do remember my man reading it from a creditable source, I just don't remember what it was.

I agree . . . everyone deserves a second chance but if they don't take responsibility for their actions and blame everyone else . . . I'm sorry, I can't forgive them trying to justify what is not acceptable to me.

I am not condeming him, but with this statement I am not forgiving him either.

It was a statement he made in GQ magazine. It was bad judgement to say it but I won't kill him over it. That said, I don't criticize those who have chosen not to forgive him. Some of our own fans still don't. Two ladies who sit behind me at the games walked out of the stadium during the preseason game against the Pats in 09 when it was announced he was signed, and they didn't come back until the final home game that season and that was only because Brian Dawkins was returning as a Bronco. Then in the opener against GB last year, they came back, but again immediately left when Vick opened the 2nd half after we learned Kolb was out with a concussion. I have to admit I hated him as a Falcon and was very upset when we signed him and in all honesty, I probably would still hate him had he signed elsewhere, (even though I did support him getting a second chance). It took awhile for him to win me over but I finally did come to look past his actions and if he can continue on the path he's on now, I can continue to do so, but again, I won't fault those that don't.

Here are some of the Vick quotes:

"It's almost as if everyone wanted to hate me. But what have I done to anybody? It was something that happened, and it was people trying to make some money."

"Some of us had to grow up in poverty-stricken urban neighborhoods, and we just had to adapt to our environment. I know that it's wrong. But people act like it's some crazy thing they never heard of.”

http://dogtime.com/michael-vicks-latest-comments-off-the-cuff-and-unbelievable.html

Don't be so dayum judgmental and try giving someone a second chance to correct their life. People like you really show their ignorance. I don't agree with what he done but I'll never judge anyone that has tried so very hard to redeem themselves. Even coach Dungy, who is truly an inspirational man, forgave him and helped him get back on his feet because that is the right thing to do!!!

First of all, Dungy doesn't inspire me. At all. For such a so-called Christian, he sure likes to judge people a lot.

Secondly, I'm holding off on judging Vick as a redeemed man. One year of kissing up to PETA does NOT make up for murdering/torturing hundreds of dogs.

Sorry, I'm not bought that easily.

First of all, Dungy doesn't inspire me. At all. For such a so-called Christian, he sure likes to judge people a lot.

Secondly, I'm holding off on judging Vick as a redeemed man. One year of kissing up to PETA does NOT make up for murdering/torturing hundreds of dogs.

Sorry, I'm not bought that easily.

I could be wrong because I don't put much focus on what the talking heads say, and Dungy is a talking head now, but it seems like he is posed questions that are meant to elicit such answers. Maybe there's a better way he could say things, but he has the reputation of being the NFL's chaplain, and so people ask him questions about the bad boys of the league and what he thinks of them. I don't think he's just running around, judging players, and tweeting about how dumb they are unprovoked.

As to Vick, what he did was terrible. So, he was arrested for it, spent time in prison, counseled, and worked his way back onto the field. It's a great second-chance story, and I am personally happy for him. I've never harbored any kind of grudge toward him personally, only toward what he did. I've always been taught that you "hate the sin, not the sinner," so I hope he can stay out of trouble because he's been given a tremendous opportunity to re-make his life and he is doing a fantastic job at it. Not to mention, he's an incredibly entertaining guy to watch play football.

Finally, trying to get this thread back on topic, I would hate to see New England win here. Baltimore would suck because their fans would have new signs to hold when we go there "You stole our team, but we stole your Super Bowl!" I hate the Chargers, so put them on the list. It would hurt if the Saints won it here, but it would be cool for Brees, and I really don't harbor serious ill will on them just because they outplayed us. The Cowboys annoy me, but it wouldn't be as bad.

It would be OK with me (if the Colts are not playing in it) if the Packers, Giants, Eagles, or probably Jets won it.

GO COLTS!

Leaving Michael Vick and getting back to the topic at hand, it wasn't the worst thing in the world when Denver won the SB in San Diego, but it was close. However, when the Raiders tried I would have curled up into a ball and died if they'd won it in our house. The hatred runs deep for the Raiders (though it has subsided to severe pity over the years).

I just think hosting the SB in general and not being a part of the festivities stinks... period...

As to Vick, what he did was terrible. So, he was arrested for it, spent time in prison, counseled, and worked his way back onto the field. It's a great second-chance story, and I am personally happy for him. I've never harbored any kind of grudge toward him personally, only toward what he did. I've always been taught that you "hate the sin, not the sinner," so I hope he can stay out of trouble because he's been given a tremendous opportunity to re-make his life and he is doing a fantastic job at it. Not to mention, he's an incredibly entertaining guy to watch play football.

GO COLTS!

Vick didn't go to jail for torturing and murdering dogs. He went to jail for interstate gambling. That's it.

Why does that make you sick? Please don't say because of the dogfighting. If so, that's lame. He's made a great comeback as a player.

Why not exactly? Where are your priorities in life?

If Vick was named the QB of the Colts I would probably stop watching football for the duration - only using my free time to complain to the management. I certainly couldn't root for him. I live in NJ and hear a lot of Philly sports radio. Initially there were a lot of people protesting his signing. After he started playing well the noise stopped. The entire sports community sat on their morals in the hopes of having a slightly better football team than they might have had otherwise. Are you freaking kidding me?

This isn't all that different from when a child-molester is released from prison. I'm theoretically all for their civil rights, but on an individual basis I don't want them living on my street, sitting at the next desk in my office, playing catch with my nephews, etc. I sure as heck wouldn't idolize them, support their efforts to become independently wealthy, or celebrate their accomplishments. Do you want your kid running around with a convicted child molester's Jersey on? This guy is just as bad, arguably a lot worse. Sadist, sociopath - you don't usually grow out of that. I gather that you don't care much for animals. You have my pity. If you are capable of doing what he did, you are capable of anything. I don't want to see his face or hear his name, much less see him win the Super Bowl. Where he does it is much less important. I just want him to fail miserably and fade quietly into the back-round.

id like to see the pats raise the trophy in indy

It's nice to know how concerned Pats fans are with the Colts.

The Pats are one of the teams I'd would not want to see win in Indy, but I also have no desire to see the Colts win it in NE. It would add nothing except the risk of embarrassing fan confrontations. If they can't win it at home, one of the traditional warm weather sites would do just fine. There is something to be said for a neutral site. How about LA . Nobody home there for some time now.