Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Possible Colts Pro Bowl selections

JoKeR

Freeman, Wayne, Luck, Allen, Mathis, and Bethea all have a good shot at making the Pro Bowl this year based off the stats. Freeman IMO has the best chance. He and Mayo have over 100 tackles, everyone else has 85 or less. Freeman has 2 sacks, fumble, int( and a TD). In comparison to the other AFC ILBs, he and Mayo look like beasts.

http://www.nfl.com/probowl/ballot

*Hilton is not listed in WRs but in KR, Avery is listed as the WR instead, which I don't agree with. Allen is listed as a FB, which gives him a great chance to make it. Mathis has a outside chance, he needs to get some more sacks and fumbles. he won't get it with tackles, 4-3 OLBs double his.

Wayne gets in with receptions obviously, Luck will have the yards possibly, and Freeman with 101 tackles and counting. I'm seeing a common theme, these aren't flashy stats IMO. instead they indicate consistency and players who put the team on their backs. Of course the eye test confirms this ;)

I don't see Bethea making it. He's been a huge disappointment this year. However, the majority of the voting is just name recognition so he may get in because of that.

What.. He's the glue in the secondary! (hehe if you saw before the edit) You want to see what happens without him. That's an extra 7 points every sunday.

I don't see Bethea making it. He's been a huge disappointment this year. However, the majority of the voting is just name recognition so he may get in because of that.

He has a decent amount of tackles, none of the FS have great INT or fumble stats, he has a 50/50 chance IMO. The link gives you all the info, kinda easy to compare the stats.

What.. He's the glue in the secondary! (hehe if you saw before the edit) You want to see what happens without him. That's an extra 7 points every sunday.

He's been pretty much Houdini on the field and some of the mistakes he's made this year are very uncommon of him (blown assignments - Jags game - and very poor tackling -Jets game-). I'm a big fan but this has been a very down year for him.

Wayne for sure.Freeman definetly deserves it,but will probably get snubbed because,he is not getting recognition from the national media. He should be a starter and mentioned in the defensive player of the year talk.I wonder is he eligble for defensive rookie of the year or are first year players not considered rookies. Allen has a shot since he is considered a fb on the ballot.Luck could be considered if he puts up big numbers in the next couple of games.

Wayne will get it for sure. Freeman may get it thanks to his stats, and Luck may get it thanks to popularity and a good rookie campaign. If Cam Newton can make the Pro Bowl in a conference with guys like Rogers, Brees, E. Manning, Stafford, Ryan, then I think Luck could get in. I don't know when they stop voting or announce winners, but I think he CAN do it especially if he breaks the rookie passing record.

I picked Wayne, Allen, and Freeman.

Since most people will just look at the raw numbers NFL.com provides, Allen won't beat out Marcel Reese or Vontae Leach (name-based selection). Wayne gets in for sure, not a better WR in the AFC save for AJ Green. Freeman might not have the name recognition to get in, but he deserves it.

No way you can justify picking Bethea over Weddle, Byrd, and Reed. Sorry but Bethea is not a game changer. He's solid, but he doesn't make big plays. Also couldn't pick Mathis over Miller, Houston, and Woodyard.

Freeman, Wayne, Luck, Allen, Mathis, and Bethea all have a good shot at making the Pro Bowl this year based off the stats. Freeman IMO has the best chance. He and Mayo have over 100 tackles, everyone else has 85 or less. Freeman has 2 sacks, fumble, int( and a TD). In comparison to the other AFC ILBs, he and Mayo look like beasts.

http://www.nfl.com/probowl/ballot

*Hilton is not listed in WRs but in KR, Avery is listed as the WR instead, which I don't agree with. Allen is listed as a FB, which gives him a great chance to make it. Mathis has a outside chance, he needs to get some more sacks and fumbles. he won't get it with tackles, 4-3 OLBs double his.

No doubt on Reggie. The rest are iffy.

So you're saying Luck beats out either Brady, Peyton, or Shaub. Not to mention Flacco and Dalton?

No doubt on Reggie. The rest are iffy.

So you're saying Luck beats out either Brady, Peyton, or Shaub. Not to mention Flacco and Dalton?

Luck is killing Dalton and Flacco in yards so far( I will double check but I think he's 3rd in yards and there's a bit of a drop off after him), what hurting his chances is TD/ INT ratio, completion percentage.

Luck is killing Dalton and Flacco in yards so far( I will double check but I think he's 3rd in yards and there's a bit of a drop off after him), what hurting his chances is TD/ INT ratio, completion percentage.

Yeah, you could actually make a case for Carson Palmer just based on stats. TBH, the pro bowl doesn't interest me in the least. Horrible game.

Now Ive lived in Honolulu for 5 of the last 6 years.. I understand what a boost in revenue the Pro Bowl provides for the local economy and how hard Hawai'i has worked with the NFL to continue the Pro Bowl... There are awesome block parties in Waikiki (live music, NFL players/cheerleaders/mascots), sponsored events (Play 60 tournament for kids, Skills competition, celebrity FBall game), etc. Discontinuing the game would be heartbreaking for the people of the state and their wallets...

However, I agree with the sentiment that the game SHOULD be done away with.. The game itself is a joke..

The NFL should adopt an "all-american"-like system that is used in NCAA...

Name an ALL-Pro First Team, Second Team, Third Team, and an all-rookie team, and call it a day..

Sorry Hawai'i Nei, but it time to say Aloha Mai Kako to the Pro Bowl as it exists today..

My prediction for Pro Bowl QB's by popular vote:

Manning

Brady

Luck

Roethlisberger

Flacco

Tebow (lol)

Dalton/Riverss

Even if he doesn't get in by the Top 3, Brady never participates so he'd get in as an alternate, particularly once the hype machine gets going about playoffs and rookie records.

Reggie Wayne is a shoe-in.

The only other people I voted for were Freeman and Lefeged (as a Special Teamer, obviously)

Freeman stacks up fairly well against the rest of the AFC ILB's

Luck and Freeney are the only other two who even have a shot, IMO. I don't think it's likely.

I hope NO ONE on our Team makes it. The Pro Bowl is a joke now. Nothing but a big ol' popularity contest

It's just stupid now. Hasn't been Good since Sean Taylor (R.I.P) smacked that Punter on the Fake Punt

With all the formulations out there, I don't see can't make a overall rating according to their stats, have the top overalls go to the Pro Bowl. It's not the game that most concerning, it's just the honor of being selected. Kinda like the All NBA team that's named every year.

Reggie Wayne is a shoe-in.

The only other people I voted for were Freeman and Lefeged (as a Special Teamer, obviously)

Freeman stacks up fairly well against the rest of the AFC ILB's

Luck and Freeney are the only other two who even have a shot, IMO. I don't think it's likely.

Freeman's stats smoke the Competition except for Mayo.

when is the last time bethea made a play on the ball or even came close to an interception? he's good, but not great...but then again i don't watch bethea every snap, so i could be full of it.

pro bowls a joke look i no its a joke when troy polamalu is in top voted and he hasnt even played mainly favorite players get voted for like ray lewis no one freeman makes it to many people ot the favs

I'm in favor of letting a statistical formula to figure out who's a Pro Bowler. Fans vote for familiar names, often ignorant of who's actually playing the best, and are biased.

As a Patriots fan, I'd say that Mayo doesn't deserve it. Tackles for an ILB are often overinflated because of their roles, and the fact that they often get assists on tackles.

Well there's not much else to go by, none of the ILBs have a lot of sacks, INTs, or FFs. Should someone with less tackles get in???