Photo

Woods?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
22 replies to this topic

#1 AlaskanColtFan

AlaskanColtFan
  • 101 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:42 PM

If WR. Robert Woods falls to us in the 18-27 range do we take him or any other top talent receiver?

Game Rewind: Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind. Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind.

#2 Nobody

Nobody
  • 5461 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:45 PM

No. Definitely not Woods. Not even the best WR on his own team.
I will delete this when the new Colts win a Super Bowl.

Come on boys, let's get rid of the rest of my sig!

#3 coltsguy510

coltsguy510

Military Brats FTW!!!

• 1194 posts

I don't see it happening.
Keep Building The Monster Grigson!!!!

#4 coltsguy510

coltsguy510

Military Brats FTW!!!

• 1194 posts

To be fair, Lee is a complete stud and may be in the same class as AJ Green.
Keep Building The Monster Grigson!!!!

#5 Nobody

Nobody
  • 5461 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:53 PM

To be fair, Lee is a complete stud and may be in the same class as AJ Green.

Yep.
I say we wait for Watkins or Lee next year.

#6 NewColtsFan

NewColtsFan
  • 8413 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:25 AM

Yep.
I say we wait for Watkins or Lee next year.

If we win 8-10 games next year -- not a lock by any means -- what do you think the chances are that either Watkins or Lee will be around when we pick? You simply can't wait a year hoping for one or two specific guys.... guys who might likely be long gone by the time we pick.

And as for Woods not being the best WR on his own team, come on, you know that's completely misleading.... one team can have two first round picks on it... it's no shame not being as good as Marquees Lee. I'm not sure yet if I even want Lee, but I wouldn't write him off because of Lee. I'd be much more concerned about his health. He's been playing with a bad ankle for two years now. His medical report from the combine is going to be one of the more highly anticipated reports to come out of Indy.

#7 funktacious2

funktacious2
  • 1798 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:42 AM

Yeah... I don't think I'd be too upset if we picked him up, would rather pick up some defensive help, but Luck to Woods has a nice ring to it.

#8 Gavin

Gavin
  • 18181 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:24 AM

I'd rather get a WR later and a bigger one at that like

Jordan Matthews
Aaron Dobson
Emory Blake
Dan Buckner

We need a WR that can go up and get the ball, Grigson and Arians has shown an infatuation with much smaller speedy wr's though but donw in the Red Zone you need size

#9 coltsfanatic24

coltsfanatic24
  • 3097 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:56 AM

there are bigger needs on the team then wr and woods stock is falling,hes more likely to go in the 2nd. now if justin hunter falls to us it's gonna be hard to pass up because of his size and speed.

#10 USAFHoosier

USAFHoosier
  • 705 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:46 AM

there are bigger needs on the team then wr and woods stock is falling,hes more likely to go in the 2nd. now if justin hunter falls to us it's gonna be hard to pass up because of his size and speed.

Hunter is the only WR in the first round I would even think for a second in taking. If we to get one this year Patterson or Rogers could possibly be there in the third.

#11 Boiler_Colt

Boiler_Colt
  • 1194 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 12:30 PM

Reggie Wayne wasn't considered the best WR on Miami when he played. Santana Moss got all the accolades and we all saw how that worked out.

#12 Nobody

Nobody
  • 5461 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:17 PM

Reggie Wayne wasn't considered the best WR on Miami when he played. Santana Moss got all the accolades and we all saw how that worked out.

No, Moss was overdrafted because of his speed, Reggie had better stats.

#13 BLOODontheTRACKS

BLOODontheTRACKS
  • 9584 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:40 PM

no

#14 chad72

chad72
  • 9442 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:41 PM

If Marqise Lee comes out in 2014, I would not mind him then.

If we just want a slot guy that runs good routes, we can go get Danny Amendola in free agency or Stedman Bailey in round 3 in the draft to replace Collie. But with the limited number of picks and enough offensive weapons drafted in the previous one, defense and O-line depth is all I would like us draft.

#15 Truckin Sanders

Truckin Sanders
  • 286 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:12 PM

No no and more no. That would be a polian move we are better then that now.
Playoffs 2015

#16 Playoffs2013

Playoffs2013
  • 775 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 06:40 PM

Remember people wanted him in the top ten before the season
Sign Avril over Kruger

#17 AustinCollie17

AustinCollie17

• 2189 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 06:43 PM

I'd rather get a WR later and a bigger one at that like

Jordan Matthews
Aaron Dobson
Emory Blake
Dan Buckner

We need a WR that can go up and get the ball, Grigson and Arians has shown an infatuation with much smaller speedy wr's though but donw in the Red Zone you need size

Ditto on Dobson
Waiting for the draft...

#18 wig

wig
  • 673 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 01:49 AM

Woods will be a far better NFL receiver than Lee. Better hands, routes and blocking. Woods is a faster Marvin Harrison. That said, I don't want a receiver in the first.

#19 Playmaker

Playmaker
  • 96 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 04:39 AM

I'd like to take a look at Marquess Wilson if he enters the draft. Not till late in the draft though.

#20 weslo1812

weslo1812
  • 889 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:40 AM

Lee has had his sucess do alot to his speed. Woods is more polished and when fully healthy stll pretty fast. Lee is grat but its his speed that really gets him alot of his stats. And Watkins next year is not vonna happen. Well probably be pick too too low. I Want defense in the first though.
"What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us"? NIV

#21 Truckin Sanders

Truckin Sanders
  • 286 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:25 AM

Woods will be a far better NFL receiver than Lee. Better hands, routes and blocking. Woods is a faster Marvin Harrison. That said, I don't want a receiver in the first.

Ya he's a faster version of the hall of farmer Marvin Harrison. Child please

Lee has had his sucess do alot to his speed. Woods is more polished and when fully healthy stll pretty fast. Lee is grat but its his speed that really gets him alot of his stats. And Watkins next year is not vonna happen. Well probably be pick too too low. I Want defense in the first though.

Ya it is ashame a lot of his success is do to his speed tell that to randy moss, to, or mike wallace
Playoffs 2015

#22 wig

wig
  • 673 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 12:47 PM

Ya he's a faster version of the hall of farmer Marvin Harrison. Child please

He's obviously not on the same level right now. I meant he has the same characteristics with a bit more speed.

#23 Palo Alto To Indy

Palo Alto To Indy
  • Banned
  • 111 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:53 PM

Let's be honest here. Woods, as great of a receiver as he is, has almost no upside. He's at the peak of his growth as a receiver. He's a pretty polished route runner, has good hands and average speed. He's probably gonna go in the 1st round. Is he a player with great value? NO! The best value of any WR is probably Quinton Patton, Louisiana Tech. 6'2, 205 pounds. 4.45 speed, with great route running skills. Only thing he has to work on is his hands. Other than that, the man is a beast. Probably gonna go around 4th or 5th round, so he would really be a great pick up for the Colts. NFL.com compared him to Reggie Wayne.

COLTS TICKETS!

Single Game Tickets Available!

BUY THEM TODAY!
Join the Stampede!

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      21 Oct
    Bogie

Golden Dawn comes tonight, Ministry marathan before Halloween

Show comments (4)
View All Updates