Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Let there be Luck

Luck is on this week cover of SI

35 posts in this topic

Did RG3 get his already because he's so much better :rollseyes:

1 person likes this

His names Luck so maybe that will diminish the curse.

2 people like this

I wonder if the media will compare the sales of this SI issue to the issue that Peyton first appeared on.

3 people like this

I wonder if the media will compare the sales of this SI issue to the issue that Peyton first appeared on.

How could they not? There isn't enough actual game play to cover all the time the media has on it's hands.

I don't know if the O-line deserves to be on the cover ;)

4 people like this

What day does it get mailed out?

I always get my copy in Wednesdays mail.

My mail man must read mine because it used to come on Wednesday now it never gets here until Thursday. Well I hope the SI Curse stays away from Andrew. ;)

My mail man must read mine because it used to come on Wednesday now it never gets here until Thursday. Well I hope the SI Curse stays away from Andrew. ;)

No curse this time, we have LUCK on our side!

Hes already looking at Reggie and they haven't even snapped the ball yet!!!!!

1 person likes this

Hhhmm, i never even knew that Luck was precocious. I thought he was German.

1 person likes this

Hhhmm, i never even knew that Luck was precocious. I thought he was German.

Did you make a funny?

and they're making the same face.

And Luck makes that face better then RG3 makes that face. I thought I would mention it before anyone else does.

Also the blue cover gives you a more calm feeling, which means Luck is more poised in the clutch then RG3.

;)

1 person likes this

that cover is cursed

I have seen it broken too many times for me to believe in it anymore.

Hey, Notre Dame was on last week's cover and they won, so I don't believe in the "SI Cover Jinx" anymore....now if he lands on Madden 14, I will start to worry...

1 person likes this

JoKeR Quote: I don't know if the O-line deserves to be on the cover ;)

It was on purpose, they all sit in an room and shout out idea to push one agenda over another.

The RG3 by himself is to show he's so great he's doing it on his own to make the team great!!!!!

While Andrew Luck is shown only doing it great because of the whole team is shown to be great. We all know it's patched up but other non Colts fans don't know that.

The other SI cover of RG3 was on before the draft and it asked a question "who should go first: andrew luck or RG3< That right there told me who they were pulling for!!!!!

And other SI covers says POWER SURG3...

That's how I see it.

This issue of SI is a must buy for Colts fans because it's got a big article on the Colts written by Peter King. He spent a day or two in Indy for interviews.

I enjoy King. I will pick this up. I want it signed by 12 so bad. Wonder if he will do any public signings in Indy anytimd

I enjoy King. I will pick this up. I want it signed by 12 so bad. Wonder if he will do any public signings in Indy anytimd

I would guess not until after the season is over. Hope you get your wish, maybe even for Christmas!

Good luck and let us know....

don't forget to buy 5 copies for your mother

I'm sure that went over the heads of the younger people here. ;) Great song btw.

2 people like this

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Sign WR James Jones - It makes too much sense.
      I think Robinson will be better than Toler at a minimum.  Anything else is extra gravy.  I like what we have with Mitchel and Djoun Smith for the nickel spots. I don't have much doubt that Smith can play the Nickel at a minimum.  Mitchel I think has enough length to play inside or outside. Plus Butler is still there for now.   I like some of the other guys like Davies, Winston Rose, Glover Wright.  I think there some young guys who will pan out out of that bunch.
    • Sign WR James Jones - It makes too much sense.
      I'm not so confident on the back end. I think things could work out. S isn't as big of a concern I like Southward and Greens measurables for sure. Guy wasn't horrible If Adams goes down that's potential for a problem. We have shown we can find help at S if need be.    CB I'm more concerned. It's my biggest concern on the team. We only have Davis who we know can play the boundary.    We brought Robinson in to play the otherside we know he has been inconsistent at best out there. He excels in the slot. Brown looked great in the preseason but couldn't carry it to Sunday then was on the IR by week 4. Could another offseason with Pagano get him straight? Maybe. It possible and I'm hopeful Smith grows up quickly. Butler we know sucks on the outside but he was worse in the slot last year. He may be cut.    I like the young guys. Mitchel could help. I like what I know about Glover-Wright and Milton. I want to see White too.  Milton is my dark horse.    I would feel better if we took a CB in the draft. We passed on some guys that could have helped on the outside Russell then Fuller in the 3rd was a steal. I would have been good with Sims or Hall both small school guys in the 4th. We could have rolled the dice on Robinson from LSU. I really liked Sims there. Morrison I really don't like that pick. I don't see what they think they see. The fact that they think they outsmarted everyone is more troubling.    The back end and specifically the CB position is very costly to fix in FA. I think that position will determine how dangerous we are this year. You are only as good as your weakest link to me the back end, boundary CB is our weakest link. 
    • Seen Any Good Movies Lately? Rental Or New Release...Share Your Insights/Reviews Please...
      I was wondering about the risk involved, so I'm glad that you brought up the point about Snowden not divulging any identities. I wasn't sure how far he went when this was released.   I agree with you that Putin gave Snowden asylum partly to antagonize the administration. I don't know that for sure; it's my opinion.   I doubt that Snowden will ever return to the United States, so I imagine that he's adjusting well to his new life.
    • Colts' Scouts: What they liked about LeRaven Clark....
      I actually forgot to mention my thoughts on your last line. As to understanding where players are properly evaluated and or valued is in the eye of the beholder. That's not opinion. That's definitely a fact. It takes 1 team to value a player as a 3rd round pick (for example) but the other 31 may value him as a 4th round pick or hell even later. Different teams value prospects in different rounds. Some may see the same things but many or most will value have players all over the map. To say he went where he was supposed to go is simply an opinion even if backed up by some draft gurus. To me he was a 4th round prospect and I could really care less about most of his measurable minus the bench press (which was actually backed up on film to, He is not completely weak but its clear to see he lacks strength which I bet gets worse as games go along and is tied to endurance. My opinion of course, Nothing more, Just based on what I saw).   And yes I'm willing to bet had we past on him he would have lasted till the 4th, We know 18 teams past on him in the 3rd before the Colts took him. That's over half the NFL did not think well of him enough to make him there 3rd round pick. Also 1 of those teams (Browns) passed up on him and chose an OT Shonn Coleman instead. Again I did not see him as a 3rd round pick and 18 teams agreed with me...and its not hard to see why
  • Welcome New Members

• Member Introductions! (Say Hi!)
      Hello my Name is Robin. And i'm from Denmark. even though i've been member on this forum for a long time, and the old one as well. I would like to Introduce myself. I became a Colts fan in 2007, when I watched my first NFL game. My brother introduced me to NFL, the superbowl between Colts & Bears, And as we all know the Bears scored first, so I had to rude for the "underdogs".. and from that day on I was hooked. I've watched every game since, even the primetime games, that starts 2:30 in Denmark, it's a long day working with no sleep but damn its worth it. Can't wait for my next big Colts adventure, when I get to see them playing in London 
    • Member Introductions! (Say Hi!)
      I have been a fan since 1984 when I became an early teen and really started to understand the game. Colts moved to Indianapolis in 1984 and eventhough we stunk for a while, things obviously got better. We traded for Dickerson in 1987 and won the Division, then we had Harbaugh's magical season in 1995, the Peyton ERA where winning 12 games was a piece of cake + winning a SB in 2006, now the Andrew ERA where we have already had 3 11 win seasons and a deep Playoff run.
  • Members

• Archer

Archer 586

• dw49

dw49 2,115

• That Guy

That Guy 513

• CF4L

CF4L 27

• White shoes

White shoes 0

Rookie
    • jvan1973

jvan1973 10,402

• Ollonesomeme

Ollonesomeme 0

Rookie
    • esmort

esmort 936

• bap03Colts

bap03Colts 140

• BleedBlu8792

BleedBlu8792 691

Community Software by Invision Power Services, Inc.